What does “eastern mysticism” mean, exactly

What does “eastern mysticism” mean, exactly

Attached: ECDCFF13-EE6B-462B-BF09-A122E305B7AF.jpg (800x553, 124K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pq103yECUig
youtu.be/BS4D95ejpl0
b-ok.xyz/book/2072458/9652a1
youtube.com/watch?v=gUhRKVIjJtw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Bullshit

As opposed to?

the Word of God

Which is bullshit.

It means you can't stop touching yourself

Idk but i listen to this song every time i smoke DMT
youtube.com/watch?v=pq103yECUig

*tips*

go jerk your meat, fatty

Sit at home, watch the paint dry, don't question authority, sex and money is not for you.

ITT brainlets

It's refers to the mysticism in eastern religion and philosophy

Eastern mysticism seeks to completely disidentify with the world, including that within us that is identified with it - reacting to change things outside, to fulfill desires based upon the self-concept or self-grasping, and to abide in a space within that is beyond the veil of illusion or maya. Then, when death arrives and the physical body is cast off, the consciousness can recede beyond the mind into its true nature, the illuminating void, and be freed from the world or relativity or illusion and enter a new phase of existence

For easterns, everyhing is god.
If I take a shit, the pile of shit is god.
If you wanna worship a pile of shit in the street, that's totally valid. Because of pile of shit can be a form of god.
Poo in loos have a shitty religion.

This.

Taoosts exercise, practice martial arts, fought Mao and the commies, they have sexual practices solo and with a partner... You're ignorant.

2woke

I believe you 100%

fpbp

Move out to live in the street then.

FPBP

>dude just empty your mind
>dude weed lmao
>dude worship nonexistence

Cool. And I meant Taoists.

Something that degenerate westerncucks cannot into

>America education

Islam

You people worship shit and cows. You have no room to talk about anyone.

Attached: 1534343585960.jpg (251x240, 5K)

youtu.be/BS4D95ejpl0

yes, empty your mind of the useless and try to live in the now for once, noticing all the things happening around you, smelling the air, seeing it, feeling it.

if all world would be truly oldschool buddhist, and not full of hypocrites, it would be a better world for all.

I believe you 200%

Islam is western, Abrahamic. It shares the same stories as the Bible largely.

Eastern, would be Buddhism, Hinduism, and Taoism mainly.

Eastern mysticism is about emptying yourself of everything except God. Christian mysticism is about filling yourself with God.

>G*D

The best mixture of the two, OP, if you're wondering, would be Meister Eckhart, a German Christian mystic whos teachings are eastern in some sense, although not literally. He had no contact with the East.

b-ok.xyz/book/2072458/9652a1

Eastern mysticism? Huh, how about some Navajo fisticism

Follow Eckhart live in the streets.

You don't have to, and i don't want you to believe anything, but how can't you see that if you have less belongings, you have less problems? Even the biggest of the big said that:
youtube.com/watch?v=gUhRKVIjJtw

No need. Mysticism is a state of consciousness so can be done in any situation that is aligned with its principles. Working and living in a house are not contrary to this state of consciousness

It's a catchall for shit white people seek out when they feel disillusioned with western materialism.

There are 100s of distinct cultures that all get linked in Eastern Mysticism.

I believe you 300%

I believe you 400%

>implying materialism is any good

fishin in tha fog

That some things are better left unsaid and unidentifiable. That the act of just letting something be without quantification is fine.
Religion/philosophy - much of the historical basis is in internal struggle to affect the outer world through your perception. Like the Matrix, "there is no spoon".
This cultural process leads to a whole lot of placebo services and goods, as well as influencing the general attitude towards the state.

The stories we stole to put in our bible

>oldest religions
>peaceful religions
>practical religions

I hate how liberals approach Eastern philosophy as much as anyone, but that is not to say there is nothing of substance there.

When was the last Hindu act of terrorism you witnessed? Have you heard of the benefits of Yoga? Have you heard of the benefits of meditation on the mind? What about Confusionism and the civilizations it has produced that happened to have the highest IQs in the fucking world?

Don't be an idiot and just throw the baby out with the bathwater, just cuz you wanna "pwn the libz".

Retard

Attached: Chakras.jpg (3543x2811, 2.39M)

Something without the fullness of truth.

Attached: 1515951997601.jpg (1399x347, 181K)

>hmm I'm not sure
>Hey Jamie, Google that real quick
>"Eastern mysticism"

Attached: rogan-podcast.jpg (1588x866, 166K)

Eastern mysticism doesn't really mean anything, because there are too many different beliefs to look at it as one thing. Some Dharmic schools are super close to certain Western schools, and some are way different.
What the leaf wrote is totally true about a few of the more well known Hindu schools. I think the Samkya schools see reality in that way. Some, maybe most, of the well known Buddhist schools want to escape from the phenomenal world, but most of the practicing lineages of the Mahayana and Vajrayana believe that the goal of mediation is to become fully human, and that the Buddha's enlightenment was just "becoming fully human". As opposed to most of us, who have human potential, but act like animals a lot of the time. Animals live in fear, motivated by greed, lust, and hatred, while humans feel love, compassion, and a drive to expand and improve. We all have both sides, of course.
The idea that Eastern religion avoids conflict is a misunderstanding. But it's what you see in the new age movement. Buddhism has always been conservative, moral, and temperate, but the hippies turned it into something twisted.
Not to ramble on, but it really helped me in life.

Attached: 325799334-Gs3eBpl.jpg (449x600, 29K)