I read something somewhere today that made sense...

I read something somewhere today that made sense... The gaming community was alot less toxic when there were dedicated servers and people could run their own. As soon as matchmaking arrived the internet community became vile and toxic(kids on xbox chat and shit)... This is fact and it also mimics society.. Our country is going to be shit when immigration(matchmaking) occurs cause society requires teamwork and different ideologies are unfortunately irreconcilable. If we could peove this for online game servers then by extension it could apply to the real world and we could use it as a way to BTFO the left

Attached: download.jpg (259x194, 7K)

I miss playing on the same server with the same people. Now its just random people all the time. I wonder if that has something to do with it

>muh video games
Waste your time good goys

>not still playing old vidya games

Zoomer fag

im a boomer boi

Back in the CS days I'd bounce from server to server until I found some fuckers I got along with

I don't even bother with multiplayer anymore

see what I'm talking about, this is exactly how society will turn.... those of us with real sense are smart enough to realize it doesn't work and the left can wallow in their own shit pile of murder and rape.

Problem is it's so forced people have nonidea how it used to or could be

maybe its up to those of us who have been real gamers since marathon infinity to save the world

nice digits and actually a very interesting point OP

Attached: smash.jpg (720x524, 31K)

No, it was a lot less "toxic" when fags, cunts, and Jews weren't obsessed with fucking it up and people just played their damn games.

>jews control the media and thats a bad thing because it lets them influence normies
>jews are trying to control vidya so they can control everyone else but lets just not talk about

Its not a server vs matchmaking issue. Normalfags are the immigrants of vidya. Everything bad about modern games is because of devs catering to normies. I actually dislike player run servers. Custom rules and getting banned for shit reasons is cancer

Sorry but trips beats dubbs.

t. Leaf who bans people for "cheating" when hes getting outplayed

I honestly never got the appeal of playing with strangers. I mean it COULD be fun and you COULD find a couple of alright people that to play with but it never matched 4 player free for all blood gultch on halo with my actual, real life friends and the older I got the less patience I had for the bullshit that comes along with it.

Playing with the same people every day on CS was great, the insults and jokes became hilarious over time and everyone remained semi anonymous. Playing with ransoms is boring

Man thanks for reminding me of Delta Force, brought up a bunch of memories.

I miss the good old days of running a public quake 2 server and every now and then opening up the console and typing sv_gravity -1 and then waiting about 20 seconds and typing sv_gravity 9999999
there was always a lotta salt but I had a fast connection so they just kind of put up with it

wrong you got that backwards dumbass
you dont have to prove it to them its a fucking game. whats more important is the world. they prove it to you as you just stated
you fucking kike

You clearly cant read or articulate concepts very well. I can tell by your blind rage and stupidity that what i tried to explain to you would be beneficial to your cause. Im not politically aligned i just want to enjoy the chaos.

>youtube pops up
>people see other people doing shit, but mostly it is about either being funny, being good, or trolling
>trolling consists of doing shit to annoy people
>people get used to mundane stupid shit that is considered trolling
>people start saying edgy things
>snowflake faggots complain
>trolls see their desired effect, and like aids to a homo's anus they strike

This isn't fucking rocket science people. If you hate shitty behavior, ignore it. You, rising to their bait, give them exactly what they fucking want. But maybe victims want to be trolled. Maybe being a victim nowadays is profitable, and so people aspire to be a limp little bitch.

tfw you found the perfect CSS surf server that didn't run RPG, deathmatch, or noblock and had about 30 regulars that you could shoot the shit with while shotgunning each other at 300 mph midair

Im not talking abour the video game you fucking african faggot. Im talking about the study and results that could confirm that sticking a bunch of random personalities and ideologies is a shit idea in the real world. Learn to read again?

I'm providing a counterpoint to your uncited and entirely retarded opinion piece on why bronzeshitters are toxic

Oh i get it.. Edgy... He has a differing opinion he must be a true intellectual... Im a computer scientist trust me im smarter than you and this will work.

actually, have you ever played mount and blade? it's like 90% /v/ and would be considered "toxic" by outsiders because people say "nigger" and "faggot" a lot, but it's actually a very laid back group of people.

I think a lot of "toxicity" is just normal people not wanting to deal with whining or people ruining their fun.

work towards what? You need an end goal to work towards.

Competitive video games, scoffing aside, is a fucking absolute shitshow in the lower ranks because people hate each other more for perceived slights than they desire to win. If you are doing some stupid fucking unranked pub server then you will see whatever results you want from the resulting chaos.

You need to have a bit of commonality for these uncommon groups. This is where comp comes in. The desire to not lose rank is higher than the desire to throw just to spite someone saying dumb shit. But that's the thing, people trying to achieve a high rank dont say dumb shit because they are too busy trying to be good at the fucking game, instead of some OwO furfag tf2 cancer server where they talk about goat anuses and generally play like dogshit. Both these groups have commonality. The first is defined by accomplishing the same goal, the latter is defined by an external identifier.

Let me know which group you would rather be a part of?

Fuck you, enjoy staring at the wall or reading the same books over and over again. Funny that retarded morons like you never use arguments but meme flags

Thing with dedicated servers was that you'd have to play by the rules of the host server or get bot kicked. On the flip side there was a lot of shit a server host has to deal with.
But overall you had a good balance of bants and shit talk vs outright toxicity. Now the pendulum is swinging back so hard I don't bother talking in games anymore and I don't even bother playing any new game that wants to make a deal of it.

Also this is not /v/ so a polite sage