Study confirms transgenderism a result of social media exposure and peer examples

>A new study that has drawn criticism from transgender activists finds most teens “come out” as transgender after belonging to a peer group in which multiple friends identify as trans.

>In the study Lisa Littman, an assistant professor of behavioral and social sciences at Brown University, found 87 percent of the young people were reported by their parents to have “come out” as trans after increased time spent on social media and the Internet and after “cluster outbreaks” of gender dysphoria among their groups of friends. Most of the teens who ultimately identified as transgender also showed increased popularity with peer groups afterward.

Becoming trans "made them more popular"...

>Of the teens whose parents participated in the study, 62.5% had been diagnosed with at least one mental health disorder prior to the onset of their gender dysphoria. In 36.8% of the teens’ friendship groups, the majority of the members “came out” as transgendered.

>The most likely outcomes were that AYA [adolescent and young adult children] mental well-being and parent-child relationships became worse since AYAs ‘came out, AYAs expressed a range of behaviors that included: expressing distrust of non-transgender people (22.7%); stopping spending time with non-transgender friends (25.0%); trying to isolate themselves from their families (49.4%), and only trusting information about gender dysphoria from transgender sources (46.6%).

So, people are getting more attention, popularity, and support by "becoming trans", were also expluding people who weren't "trans" or queer. I see a lot of you describing the same thing happening to younger siblings or friends. Makes sense to me, since I never even heard of "transgenderism" until Tumblr and Facebook became a thing. Transgenderism seems to have exploded because of social media, because that's the first time masses of mentally ills started hearing about it.

>source
journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0202330

Attached: trans-and-social-media.jpg (794x1413, 208K)

why do you think the kike shills spam that shit nonstop?

This part was the most interesting:

>AYAs expressed a range of behaviors that included: expressing distrust of non-transgender people (22.7%); stopping spending time with non-transgender friends (25.0%); trying to isolate themselves from their families (49.4%), and only trusting information about gender dysphoria from transgender sources (46.6%)

So "not trusting source that aren't transgender", and "isolating from your family"... sounds like what happens to people who enter cults.

Ha these mentally ill faggots were bullied into cutting their dick off by Jews.

If Kikes can make chopping off your dick, shooting yourself full of hormones and spitting on your own people fashionable through social acclimatization, then what the fuck else are they going to push in the next few years? The pedo slippery slope shit is real isn't it?

big if true!

YOU DON'T SAY

true if big

Imagine how hard the kikes are laughing that they’ve actually fucking manufactured an epidemic of white “men” who think they’re women and actually, in some sick twist of fate, get positive peer interaction because of it.

This shit all starts in scool. From the absolute end all focus on girls in preschool up to women in college and then women in the workforce, men have been convinced it’s easier to just be a woman themselves, or be gay. If you’re not hanging at least one marxist teacher or professor each day, you’re a disgrace to the white RACE.

garbage study which drew participants (mostly parents of aidens (bored white girls who aren't trans)) from 3? terf and trans skeptical websites. wonder why they got the results they did there.

>sounds like what happens to people who enter cults.
yeah, just sorta kinda

Tbh I prefer passing trans to actually women. Pre op though.

Attached: sei_6713670.jpg (1440x1440, 133K)

>and only trusting information about gender dysphoria from transgender sources (46.6%).
>Thinking.emoji

i guess i should specify that rather than garbage it doesn't at all say what you are implying it does.

Anyone outside of your little dickslicing cult has known the results of this study as fact forever, because it’s self-evident. Also you’re gonna hang, soon, I promise, you’re on a fucking list somewhere and we’ll find it on the DoTR

just a coincidence snip dicks

Attached: progress.jpg (764x666, 162K)

AYA LMAO

fuck off freak

>parent completed surveys
that doesn't mean a whole lot. i'd be more interested in seeing psychological reports done on trannies, to see if there's some common root "cause" of coming out as a tranny

Such a study would probably be shut down.
>everything I don't like is hatespeech and terfs

Attached: hrt.jpg (1000x582, 284K)

>that doesn't mean a whole lot.
means a lot more than asking the mentally ill to repeat their trans propaganda

Oof

>So "not trusting source that aren't transgender", and "isolating from your family"... sounds like what happens to people who enter cults.

Ding ding ding.
Now...

How cult deprogramming actually work?
Any good source?

Only higher up kikes.
Tons of kikes are victims of their own degeneracy.

Don't buy the "choosen people" psy op.

Overestimating your enemy is as dangerous as subestimating them.

Neato, though this really doesn't come as a surprise. Have a bump.

It also sounds like a great way to get people to stop forming relationships and reproducing.

MKULTRA is real, its just not what people think it is. Turns out, its social media.

Attached: faceberg big brother.jpg (1200x1200, 325K)

bump

>"we have to protect our children from the exposer of racist ideas or they will fall for their lies and become one of them"
>"haha, do you really think children are turning gay just because we tell them that it's cool haha you are so naive"

lol exactly

Attached: tenor.png (638x354, 296K)

No shit dumbass. It's a fucking cult.

Attached: it's the truth.jpg (1280x720, 136K)

This shows that Tumblr truly needs to be purged. The "CIS SCUM" bullshit does so much damage to impressionable youth that each and every one of those cunts needs creepers in minecraft.

It's a back and forth thing. Mentally ill people get more fucked in the head because of the echo chambers you'd find online.

They'll prevent this kind of research like they did in the 1970s, by terrorizing institutions into self-censorship

Attached: Marcuse-Cultural-Marxism-and-LEGBT.jpg (1064x1592, 362K)

bump

Attached: pimozide.jpg (673x801, 255K)

Can confirm. I had a group of people at my work who always had lunch together. They were always a bit awkward but everyone treated them nicely and tried to include them in events.

Eventually 1 transitioned to a female and then within the year, the entire group of ~4 people transitioned. Every time one “came out”, they’d have a few weeks of getting tons of attention (mainly from the progressive women at the office), before falling back into their group and still being lonely and even more depressed.

I guess that would also explain gay ass trump supporters.

color me shocked

Attached: DTygUuAU8AEv-_c.jpg (1024x577, 86K)

/thread

Just make tranny surgery easier to get, and help liberals go extinct. THey already have low birth rate, if they lose 10% of their kids to tranny fad, it helps

Attached: 1535955228097.jpg (704x904, 123K)

It's true. I had a friend who was sort of normal but had shitlib politics. Then he joined a communis group and now LARPS as a woman

The big take away from this is that it proves normies are dumb mentally pliable sheep that don't think, but only conform to external pressure. Of course we already knew that though.

Hey, remember when "raising kids" meant actually taking a proactive hand in their development? Apparently we just let the (((cultural marxists))) do it now. What could go wrong?...

Wow, what a suprise.

You mimic the Jew in behaviour.

social media is cancer
jews are the creator
and these trannies are the carrier

based af, now please give sauce

Attached: 1529764244760.jpg (408x632, 32K)

as much as i would love for some unimpeachable psychic cis expert who can read our minds and put that experience to work without some bullshit agenda to exist, who can show retards that being trans is not whatever flavor of willful ignorance they are currently using to justify their phobia, i don't see that happening anytime soon. i'm sorry you don't like it but ultimately people who have lived the experience are the ones best qualified to describe their experience with it.
if it makes you feel better though most of the people studying and treating it are not trans.

Replace a few words and you get Jow Forums

>that being trans is not whatever flavor of willful ignorance they are currently using to justify their phobia
Do you ever have moments of clarity, where you step back and read your own posts, or hear yourself speak, and realize that you pack accusations and impugned motives into every sentence? I wonder if you're intelligent enough to recognize that for the comical kind of defense mechanism it is. You're desperately trying to attack anything that doesn't buttress your delusions about gender.

Attached: 1474360037319.gif (220x190, 1.65M)

That's the normie way of becoming tains. I started taking hormones because of all the hentai mods for a game I had wanted me to have breasts plus being a forever alone wizard, and be herbs weren't doing anything. So eventually I decided to move on to the synthetics instead.

i don't see desperation or delusion in that post but in the end it doesn't matter much what i say as you'll just dismiss it as mental illness in the face of all evidence or reason to the contrary. that fits the definition of delusion by the way.

>Beeing peer pressured into mutilating your dick
Reminds me of the old "If all your friends jumped off a bridge then would you too?" turns out it was right, figures..

>i don't see desperation or delusion in that post
That's a symptom of your illness, no? Can you imagine considering views that threaten your gender delusions WITHOUT hearing voices in your brain scream
>TRANSPHOBE TRANSPHOBE YOU JUST WANT TO... TO... TO... BIGOTBIGOTBIGOTBIGOTBIGOTREEEEEEE
If you aren't completely gone by now, some part of you knows you're just trying to "stamp out doubt". Your condition is the same as other delusions of assumption, like Cotard's delusion. You're seriously ill, but you've become a convenient tool in modern politics: a victim class than can be created, one that doesn't have to born or imported. Imagine how useful that is to the left.

Attached: file.png (960x666, 141K)

to start, explain what i am delusional about without personal attacks, since you have yet to do that.
all you have done is assert i am delusional for stating that yes, trans people relate to trans people and are the best equipped to describe being trans. because that somehow implies a great level of delusion? i don't know what it's like to be black on daily basis but i don't call them delusional or cult like when they tell me their lived experience is different than being white. maybe not the best comparison but you get the point.

>without personal attacks
No no, you see, I began by pointing out that you were spouting personal attacks. You can't suddenly pretend to have the opposite standards for discussion. Your big objectiong was
>TRANSPHOBIC RATIONALES AND BIGOT MISINFO BLAH BLAH
So either you lack short term memory or you're delusional about your own thought process.

Attached: 1329965306893.jpg (680x680, 68K)

I'm 23 and i was trans from when I was 17 to up until last year. Everything in this article is true, even if this wasn't the conscious reasoning for it, it was the subconscious reasoning.
I still find myself having esteem issues as myself, worrying people won't like me.
I've noticed this usually happens to people with extreme neglect and trauma as kids, so they dissociate from their God given identify.
I can answer questions if anyone likes

at the very least calling it delusional is ignorant but it is typically used here as a transphobic personal attack. i fail to see the problem in calling it what it is.
now that we have these two posts out of the way, feel free to explain where exactly the delusion in that post lies.

detrans you fucking retard you're mentally ill you're a victim it's not your fault GET HELP

Real White women have become too disgusting. These are desperate times, please post more passable Tbabes.

>a new study finds people go on the internet for knowledge and acceptance when they're in a group that the mainstream doesn't understand

Attached: 1282366764398.jpg (248x252, 48K)

Nice try Jew, but half the fun of Jow Forums is that it isn't so much an echo chamber that is isolated from the rest of reality, but an echo chamber that pulls pieces of reality in and makes fun of them using facts.

Talk about a rough way to get red pilled, but you're here now

>at the very least calling it delusional is ignorant

he transgendered suffer a disorder of "assumption" like those in other disorders familiar to psychiatrists. With the transgendered, the disordered assumption is that the individual differs from what seems given in nature—namely one's maleness or femaleness. Other kinds of disordered assumptions are held by those who suffer from anorexia and bulimia nervosa, where the assumption that departs from physical reality is the belief by the dangerously thin that they are overweight.

With body dysmorphic disorder, an often socially crippling condition, the individual is consumed by the assumption "I'm ugly." These disorders occur in subjects who have come to believe that some of their psycho-social conflicts or problems will be resolved if they can change the way that they appear to others. Such ideas work like ruling passions in their subjects' minds and tend to be accompanied by a solipsistic argument.

For the transgendered, this argument holds that one's feeling of "gender" is a conscious, subjective sense that, being in one's mind, cannot be questioned by others. The individual often seeks not just society's tolerance of this "personal truth" but affirmation of it. Here rests the support for "transgender equality," the demands for government payment for medical and surgical treatments, and for access to all sex-based public roles and privileges.

"gender dysphoria" or w/e you want to call it is still a delusion; thinking your biological sex doesn't match your mental "gender" is a delusion. You can call it "dysphoria" or some other euphemism, but it's still a delusion of assumption, one society would rather exploit politically, as a principle for an instant-mix victim class, rather than try to heal you. If you weren't self-destructive, you'd be upset about that.

Literally your entire post hinges on the fact that he used "meanie words" instead of any factual inaccuracies. It doesn't matter if you was a dick while saying it he's still right.

I have dealt with psychotic delusions before after heavy psychedelic drug use, schizophrenics get this shit as well. You develop a delusion as simple as thinking you are a special person who god has given an important task. The cure is a dose of antipsychotics and cooling the fuck down. Now imagine you as a male present with the delusion that you are actually a woman and that people should recognize you as such, suddenly the cure is to cut your balls off and take a bunch of chemicals that will fuck up your body in ways science hasn't fully comprehended.... Just fucking wow....

how did you get yourself out of it?

that's what 99% of people do. they only read/listen to people they're going to agree with and if they do otherwise it's not to genuinely hear them out it's to cherry pick shit to reinforce their own beliefs.

>Social media influences peoples attitudes

nice work, Sherlock

Aren't most people like this? Humans are tribal and tend to mold and adapt into certain groups so they can fit in. I'm conservative because my family and friends were conservative, every faggot I knew in high school hung about with women or other gays before becoming gay, knew an alright black guy who became an anti-white leftist after hanging about with a bunch of commies etc.

Why is this new?

i think most people will accept that social media / advertising / propaganda only influence people's superficial preferences or values, not their sexuality, or even their willingness to have their reproductive organs removed.

Much of the LGBT shit is a fad that has gotten way out of hand.

Attached: 983749563786454.jpg (2048x1360, 283K)

dont let your kids have trans friends i guess is the moral of the story because apparantly genderlarping faggotry spreads like a social virus

bamp

I was redpilled even when I went on it at least about the jews, but I tricked myself into not believing it was harmful despite all of my other political beliefs.
Time and actually being cute enough for people to call me a girl and see me as one for years, eventually you start to realise if that happens how much it sucks being a girl, as well as your crazy male brain going psycho. I feel like most of these people have extreme trauma that's destroyed their brain chemistry, so they need a lot of love and affection that they never got. I feel like all the adoration I got fixed me, and I then grew up. It's... strange.

According to reddit I'm not supposed to trust this source because of some reason or another. Please rebut.

>that's what 99% of people do
lol no, most people are motivated enough by self-interest to want to have correct information before doing permanent damage with hormones or surgeries, not just to "feel good about stuff" or "be accepted"

Attached: My sides.jpg (340x340, 22K)

Where are these so-called white men that become trans, every trans I've found were white women

Isn't this obvious? Why would this upset anyone who is trans?

Yeah this is how I'm interpreting it.

This isn't going to stop until we find a way to age-gate the internet

Because they've told themselves that they were "born trans", nothing external influenced them. They think no one would take them seriously if they admitted that they were conforming to a sub-culture or a group of peers.

the reason they think they're born trans is because they were abused like fuck and neglected their brains are damaged.

example:
one tranny says that they had a bunch of symptoms of childhood neglect and trauma but then says.. "and that's how i knew I was a girl"

the other non-tranny boy who was also abused thinks "huh, all those things happened to me.. and that's how I've always felt. does that mean I'm trans?"

then with a little positive reinforcement and they turn trans.

faggy thing to say lads but if you want to stop trannies from existing mentor some soon to be trannies like an older brother, show em how good it feels to be a man. you might save a life

(Jew)

Doesn't this just confirm what we already knew though?
That trannies are just a bunch of attention seeking faggots?

Attached: 1482282076045.gif (250x250, 993K)

Wait is Jow Forums a cult, when do i get the cool sneakers and cool aid?

except we aren't lopping off our penises so it's not quite the same thing chaim. don't you have some matzo to be making or a baby penis to be flaying?

Everything. Enjoy your domesticated locust people

Same thing happened when being gay was the fad.

So this study basically says that most if not all transgender AYA are just attention seeking whores. Right?

Funny how you have to bring in a strawman about the board as a whole to address his very specific argument. There is a reason people hate your guts and it heavily involves your disingenuous argumentative style.

>Of the teens whose parents participated in the study, 62.5% had been diagnosed with at least one mental health disorder prior to the onset of their gender dysphoria. In 36.8% of the teens’ friendship groups, the majority of the members “came out” as transgendered.

This is the most important one.
It is true for 99 out of a 100 of these freaks.

>How can we live in a free society when being 'free' produces shit like this?

Attached: 90.jpg (2290x1322, 409K)

It isn't a joke when Jow Forumsacks say we have a real societal issue with men's self esteem, and that it is heavily a result of over 50 years of hardcore feminist theory being taught in schools.

When you focus really hard on half of the population, the other half might face some problems. Especially if you are actively deconstructing their identity.

Yeah sounds like a typical fad. Too bad this one pumps millions into the pharmaceutical company's pocket.

I knew it

This is very true.
They make it so easy to just act like a woman. The entire society is designed to shame men.
I'm a board shouldered viking looking type guy and when this all started about 10 years ago I'd be out at parties and there would always been a small group of extra manly men, beards, large shoulders loud voices.... and they were always standing off in a corning with a few feminine girly girls latching on to them. The whole rest of the party is nothing but hippos, trans pervs and faggy stick bois who openly resent men and masculinity.

They do everything they can to draw you into the female world. they make being a man such a chore and so difficult you look over and see the "happy" smiling fags hanging out with strangely shaped "humans" and think... gee maybe it is easier on that side...