MILLENIAL HOUSING CRISIS ENGULFS BRITAIN

>The proportion of families headed by a 25- to 34-year-old that own their own home has more than halved in some regions, showing that the crisis goes far beyond London.

>Ownership among 25- to 34-year-olds has plummeted in Greater Manchester from 53% in 1984 to 26% last year. It has fallen from 54% to 25% in south Yorkshire, from 45% to 20% in the West Midlands, from 50% to 28% in Wales and from 55% to 27% in the south-east.

>Almost two-fifths of millennials rent privately at 30, double the rate for Generation X, born between 1966 and 1980, and four times the rate for baby boomers – born after the war until 1965 – at the same age.

theguardian.com/society/2018/apr/28/proportion-home-owners-halves-millennials

Why the H**K aren't you a homeowner, husband and father yet Jow Forums?

Attached: housing.jpg (640x584, 90K)

Other urls found in this thread:

quick-garden.co.uk/residential-log-cabins/residential-log-cabin-angers-44mm-50m.html
standard.co.uk/news/london/london-population-surges-to-alltime-high-of-88m-a3570641.html
thinkrealty.com/generational-housing-bubble-forming/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Maybe the centralised nwo gvt shouldve let millenials control the trade of their own metadata. I guess it's too late now

I'm a 27 year old landlord. I rent houses out to people in their 40s. They made bad decisions in their life and they don't seem to want to ever own a home (this is in the u.s.)

Post timestamp and keys or LARP confirmed

>keep house prices high artificially
>wooow, no one is buying them, what the fuck? I hate millenials now!

It’s not that unbelievable.
I’m 31 and owned quite a number of residential properties but have now moved into shops, because it’s easier and better profit.
>inb4 Jew

not sure why you would think its a LARP.. its really not that hard to find and buy cheap houses you lazy retard

>LARP confirmed

DOUBLE CONFIRMED

not real capitalism

>landlords would rather sit on an empty house than dare lower their rent prices
>you'd also be insane to sell prime real estate if you own it
>houses cost 5 times what they used to
>"lol millennials suck"

Attached: machinecode.png (215x358, 94K)

>give half your homes to "refugees" and "migrants"
>"WTF why do we only have half as many home owners?"

Just import more darkies, lol!

that's not even a quarter of the problem you utter fucking mong

You can buy a house for $100,000. Unless you're a total retard, you could probably own a home very easily in the US.

Ok but why lie about being a landlord?

Because it's probably not a lie. Anyone can own a house, even at 27. It's not that hard.

This.
It's not a housing crisis, it's a immigration one

are you really that retarded? how old are you? 12?

Attached: 1534906545052.jpg (241x267, 7K)

And their descendants doubling. Its overpopulation and the solution has been to fuck up the countryside with redbrick shitheaps.

>calls out LARP
>is retarded

Wew lad

Attached: 1534907223845.gif (200x235, 1.29M)

>Be Brit Boomer.
>Ruin Brit Economy.
>Make it so nobody wants to/can afford/ to reproduce.
>Destroy all business.
COR BLIMEY! OW CUM DEY NOT AVIN KIDS!?
>To fix the solution they import millions upon millions of uneducated migrants.
>Then begin to funnel more money then ever before into migrants program that's failing.
>Nation born are still not having kids, still cant get jobs, or contribute to the economy.
CCCOOOOOOORRERE BLIMEY WHATS ALL THIS THEN! THEY MUST BE RACISTS!
>Create even more laws and nanny state to destroy youth, destroy will to live, and will to be human.
>Import millions more immigrants in.
>Destroy everything from religion to morals down to being able to use a spoon without a spoon license.

>Then ask the question "why is nobody buying me expensive ouse?

Only an absolute retard would buy property.

You've been succesful and I'm happy for you, but not everybody can be like you. Abilities are distributed on a normal curve. Just because you can do something doesn't mean that everybody can. Meanwhile the cost of housing compared to incomes has gone up dramatically (about 300%-400% in 50 years, depends on country and area), which means that a lot of people can't afford homes and are forced to rely on the rent jew. Also, young people often have to buy their houses near the big cities since there are no jobs in the middle of bumfuck nowhere

TL;DR: yes individual choices matter, but the general economic situation matters too

Attached: 1534861146655.jpg (565x600, 40K)

Yeah, you take it like a real man.

Attached: sl7wu8ggfsj11.jpg (220x275, 14K)

Ever heart about rent?

Exactly. If you own property then you are stealing from the common people and deserve to be shot.

Rent is way more expensive in the long run and you are the apartment managers bitch.

They don't even call it capitalism. Meanwhile America is getting richer thanks to our capitalism

Rent? That's what serfs do. A real man isn't bound to financial contract.

I'm married and have two children. I rent. I cannot get a mortgage because I cannot save a 20% deposit. My rent, on average, is 20-30% more than the monthly mortgage costs of those who live in my street (I have spoken to them.)

Practically *every* person in my age group (under 35) who has a mortgage was given substantial financial aid from family members - whether it be free accommodation whilst they lived at home and saved, or a huge lump sum from inheritance passed on by a deceased relative.

I had none of these options - hence why I have to rent.

But you have the freedom to move to other cities or countries.

Attached: 1533750002942.jpg (720x720, 58K)

Is it hard to sell a house in Russia?

>OI M8 YOU WANNA BUY A 1 BEDROOM FLAT WITH NO YARD IN AN AREA FULL OF CRIME AND PAKIS AND BLACKS FOR 900 FOWZAND QUID?
>NAH M8
>COR BLIMEY THERE'S A HOUSING PROBLEM WHY AREN'T MILLENIALS BUYING HOUSES?

Just like in the US... just like in Canada... just like in Australia...

>I want to build houses
>FUCK YOU WE NEED TO SAVE THE SPOTTED FLUTE SNAIL!!!!!!!
>why arent you millinials buying houses?

Houses are cheap. You just have to build housing....

24 and just bought my first house a month ago
Hoping to keep this one and buy another in a year or less
Rent out the first and repeat until I have enough to quit my job and become a landlord full time

Idk, I live in the UK, came here for 2 weeks. Is it easy in the US?
I hope you at least managed to get an east asian wife.

19 and I just bought my second.

Britain's foreign aid budget is around £13 billion per annum.

Why doesn't the government scrap that and instead build extra social housing in the UK with that budget? Do that for the next few decades, the housing crisis would be eradicated.

Cheaper rents will then mean people have more money left over to pump into the economy, instead of lining some landlord's pocket.

Yeah, selling property isn't very difficult unless your house it shit or is in a dangerous neighborhood. So, moving around isn't a big problem.

My wife is Danish.

Hopefully I can catch up soon
I should have started sooner with a cheaper house

The best choice is to buy a house in a rural area, where it will cost less than a 1 room apartement in the city. Only problem is that you can't just get a job in the middle of nowhere, so you'll need to have a source of income.

But why do these morons keep voting for pro-immigration parties? Larger labour market = lower wages, it's so fucking obvious I feel like I'm going insane.

Fuck that
Institute prima noctra again so that landlords can pump the country full of successful people again

>Lmao I'll only have one child, it's the state's problem how to finance my pension
>Bawww why there aren't enough people willing to buy my house boohoo

I've accepted I'll never have a home in Britain. That's why I refuse to work.

Attached: 1535906815787.png (1254x2000, 1.31M)

>renting privately
lol suckers, get a council property at least

I'd sooner slit their throat, William Wallace style.

£13Bn would be ~250,000 new homes/yr @ £50Keach

The countries we are giving aid to are the same one's getting houses for free in the UK.

Attached: aid.jpg (624x398, 31K)

Thanks for the source, it's very useful for future debates.

£8000
quick-garden.co.uk/residential-log-cabins/residential-log-cabin-angers-44mm-50m.html

>just build more homes.mp3
You and me both know any new housing stock would just go straight to immigrants and their children.

Also, Britain already has near-Japan levels of population density. We are the most densely populated country in Europe.

All the parties big enough to matter are pro-immigration.

I've "owned" a home in a quiet Michigan suburb since I was 20. $230k.

I can see why most millennials wouldn't buy one. I'm fortunate enough to have a $70k+ career sans the college debt most my age have(programmer, associates degree). The most successful my age don't even live in places with $230k homes.

I'm going to sell next year before this bubble bursts, though, and live in an apartment until it happens. So, count me out of that 25-34 year olds stat.

Land with planning permission in the UK costs £100,000 per acre.

Im mid 20s and put all my savings into rental housing partnerships and learning building

Live with my family rent free. Can renovate housing on the cheap. Will build my own with all this knowledge and money.

Going to retire in my 40s, inherit family estate, increase my ownership of rental property. Have my own self built mansion.
Literally not my fault you are retarded, can't into money and expect handouts form the shit for brains UK government.

Attached: bosh.jpg (450x429, 26K)

Prices will crash by 50% to 70% in the next 5 years and may well take the banks with it too because of the insane level of lending and the almost 0% interest rate .Only people who will suffer are boomers and young idiots who take out Morgages of £200,000 +

Mortgages

standard.co.uk/news/london/london-population-surges-to-alltime-high-of-88m-a3570641.html

coincidence? immigrtaion?

I believe one of the massive contributory factors is the divorce rates.

There is no point in debating. The truth doesnt matter, you are bad and racist because every media says it.
I really cannot understand the reason for having white kids in an anti-white world.

Debated on sweating out the bubble
Planning to keep the house I just bought though since I bought for 30k under the appraisal
Wouldn't keeping the house be just as profitable long term since the market eventually bounces back?
Assuming you can stay afloat till then

you're a larping neet, there are plenty of them on this website

>housing should be a predatory market
Then you can expect people to vote for a predatory government that taxes your inheritance and seizes your property. It's not our fault you're retarded.

Attached: 1535989274588.jpg (1280x761, 220K)

>Live rent-free with family.

Argument invalid.

Or you could just live in it and not be a filthy jew

You know nothing. You dad most likely invested money into rental housing and told you it was yours. You dad most likely knows the right tradesman get a house renovated on the cheap.
If you knew anything at all you would already be doing it rather than larping on 4 chan.

>(((planning permission)))

£100k/acre would be cheap
£100k/acre = £3/sqft
£6K for 2000sqft

Teach me

It's a 3 bedroom 2.5 bath house
I'm an unmarried 24 year old dude with money to invest
Don't have to anchor myself to any single house since I'm not afraid off falling off the bottom of the earth

>being a good goy

not going to make it. i'll enjoy skimming interest off your debts and going on exoitc holidays with it haha

Okay, just make sure your rabbi approves.

(((Greenspan))) and (((Bernanke))) started the neofeudal era. now serfs are living under wall street bankster mega-landlords-- the ones who started the ponzi scheme and then came in to steal the assets from the goyim.

Ever since 2011, banksters, thru their private-equity hedge fund firms, are buying up all houses and monopolizing the housing resources.

This big business of buying massive numbers of single-family homes and financializing dwellings got started in late 2011, initiated and supported by the Federal Reserve as part of its efforts to monopolize the housing market. Bernanke pitched this scheme inorder to monopolize housing resources.

The Federal Reserve directed private equity firms (controlled by banksters) to steal millions of homes for cents on the dollar.

tl;dr (((they))) created a collapse to enslave goyim and usher in feudalism ruled by the Master Yid

That's the price I've seen for undeveloped land. Woodland and agricultural land is far cheaper but you will never be able to get planning permission for it. If you put up a permanent structure like a cabin without planning permission you will get raped.

Maybe £100,000 is cheap to you but I will never be able to save up that much. If I could I'd just buy a cheaper house in the middle of nowhere.

And the price isn't a linear function like you imply. A housing plot with planning permission will go for much more than a plot of land in a field.

Attached: 1535573230677.png (1800x1200, 1024K)

My home has appreciated $20k-$50k since I bought it, so I might as well cash out on that profit. I'm single as well, so it's not a big endevor for me to move into an apartment.

I'll repurchase when prices are low again.

You're right, though, there's no problem with waiting it out just like any other investment.

The average cost in the capital area went from 2500€ to €5500 per square meter in a decade.
Some places are selling over 11000€ per square meter.
Because of this the new apartments are getting smaller and smaller, now averaging at 63m2. A decade ago they used to be averaging 93m2
So we're in a situation where these new ratholes with two rooms can easily cost over 300k
Now you need to be making over 5k a month in order to get a loan like that and considering how people generally make 1700-2500 a month, you scoring that sort of a loan is impossible. Even if there's two people working.
You need a backer with some wealth, but since the older generations are rapidly losing their assets to maintain their living standards or they're neck deep in debt themselves, there's no one to back these fucking loans.

It's a retarded situation. Banks will have to start offering 50 year loans with max 5% down to make this sustainable or even possible in any way.
Otherwise people are stuck buying 20-40m2 homes, because that's the only thing they can afford and only thing they can get a loan for.
It either makes no sense to buy a home due to how small it is or it's simply impossible to get one that would make sense.
Bottom line is that unless you have an intact family unit and unless your parents are willing and most of all able to help you, you're fucked.

Attached: 1532400525851.png (945x667, 435K)

>dumb millennials- with the money my family had I bought 5 house and now am a 22 year old landlord... why are you all so stupid and lazy?
You can get a home for only $100,000- why is that so hard?

I cant wait till the day people like this are killed and your houses taken.

Helloagaintimothyjamesbyrneinmyrentedflatinhighwycombe

Attached: JHztvWmK_400x400[1].jpg (400x400, 20K)

>I cant wait till the day people like this are killed and your houses taken.
just keep waiting for something to happen while everyone else is living their lives you fucking loser

Attached: 1533859411951.jpg (640x480, 38K)

same shit here in my country. of course prices are rising when every house and apartment are bought out by companies that only rent them or are given for free to gibmedats "refugees" who fucking gets everything free because fuck our own people, right britain?

That's the general plan.

>Yes goyim, the millenials are the problem. They arent buying our hyperinflated houses. We need 20 million more poos, spics, and chinks to do the job millenials wont.

According to Fannie Mae’s report, as baby boomers exit their owner-occupied homes there could be a glut of new homes and steep decline in price-- returning to historic, pre-globalization levels.

Government Solutions to prevent a return to home affordability includes Mass Immigration, which spurred the dramatic price surge in housing booms 1 and 2.

Adjust immigration policy to create more potential homeowners, to keep hyperinflated prices afloat.
Advocates for this tactic suggest that creating more legal households would increase the number of potential owner-occupants in the market.

thinkrealty.com/generational-housing-bubble-forming/

The boomers are dying, housing costs should be plumetting but its not. You know why?

IMMIGRATION.

You have no birthright, you are a slave to the landlords who flood you with competition to fight.

Its about keeping the mouse on the wheel.

lol just inherit

>average realistic pay netto where I live is 530 USD
>Average price for a house or a flat is 100 000 USD
>LOL user WHY YOU DON"T OWN YOUR OWN PLACE

How? The only way is mortgage for 30 years. Fuck that I'd rather rent a place and be free than tie chain and ball to my ankle for 30 years

Attached: gog chan.jpg (1000x1000, 218K)

>Aunties house is worth £400 000 because its in London
>Brought mine for £100 000 in a little village
>Looks out her small cramped windows and see's niggers and muzzies
>I look out my windows into the country side

Why anyone wants to live in a city is beyond me.

Attached: rural-england.jpg (992x616, 95K)

Its a bank scam......the Fed creates a bubble crash which their cronies rush in to steal the houses from the goyim

once they foreclose on all those taxpayer backed homes, they sell them to rich investors (cronies such as REITs, Private Equity firms, Institutional investors), who in turn open huge rental businesses that charge exorbitant rent......

And if you dont think its a scam, then splain why mortgages charge most of the interest up front on the loan.....

People don`t realize in a fiat money system, their taxes and costs of living keep rising, while their incomes go down do to the intentional depreciation of their currency........scam.......

thats hardly an option for 90% of people. how far to you commute for work?

This
Only solution is to destroy our leaders or live as a minority in your own neighborhood

>You have no birthright, you are a slave to the landlords who flood you with competition to fight.
Alot of the landlords are slaving away to pay the banks. Landlords will get over extended on low returning investments it only takes a handful of defaults for the domino effects. People think that buying a house and renting it out is easy money.. It's not. Theres alot more to it and alot of "investors" are actually just a married couple that have some extra cash that think they are going to make it big as some wealthy landlords but in reality most of them have bit off more than they can chew..

I'm an electrician I live on the wirrel, I don't travel more than half hour or I charge people.

I really cant wait till this happens. When the boomer generation, who bought houses for nothing with the expectation that they were going sit on them for 30 years then sell them at a 20x profit and retire to some place smaller and nicer, while sitting around calling the next generation whose future they sold "lazy and entitled" have to sell those homes at massive loss to some 45 year old who's been living in an apartment for the past 30 years, unable to get married or have kids, and now the BOOMER gets to live their last years crammed in a little rathole dying of worsening health and depression.

boomers belong in ovens

Most of the countryside looks like a desolate waste to me now.

Just bought my second property at age 25, it really isn't that hard. Granted I did have a little help from family but at the end of the day its our generation that is lazy and not willing to put in the hard hours. They would much rather be out drinking and looking cool on instagram.

>little help from family

>our generation is lazy and not willing to put in the hard hours

Attached: cognitivedissonance.jpg (540x534, 32K)

>buys a house using a mortgage