Why did all Vietnam Veterans come back with PTSD?

Why did all Vietnam Veterans come back with PTSD?

Attached: 8765433468.jpg (1600x1202, 181K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uiD6bnqpJDE
youtu.be/rmBl3RGItAE
youtube.com/watch?v=SS1dO0JC2EE
youtube.com/watch?v=hRJFvtvTGEk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Yanks can't fight for shit

Vietnam was fake. It was all a dramatic psyop

It's what happens when you force normal folks (ie not y'all) to act like absolute monsters raping foreign women with bayonets (ie what y'all espouse).

Unprotected sex with the locals and intravenous drug use

first blood is so based.
>tfw ywn be a bad ass vietnam vet

Attached: 357367365756.jpg (515x496, 63K)

They didnt, just like today it's a small minority of those who served

They got btfo'd by the viet cong

that is what sex with traps leaves you with

Attached: pepe.jpg (800x820, 172K)

something about staying awake all the time on amphetamines waiting for Charlie to come cut off your nuts

Attached: kekvietnam.gif (373x252, 217K)

Good cause my state allows medical marijuana if you have ptsd

Any war with conscription will have fucktards lose their shit.

Multiple timeline resets. All scenarios ended with wwiii.

Killing gook women and children for your ZOG overlords takes a toll on your psyche

You take farm babies and city dwellers into the jungle surrounding them with gun fire and napalm

This

hippie

boomers are fragile

wwII vets never knew this shit. those were still real men.

Because traumatic experiences fuck you up.. Imagine seeing and smelling burned mutilated corpes all around you.. people with their brains blown out etc.

I've seen someone dying in front of me once... with blood coming out of the nose, ears, mouth... It gave me nightmares for a long time.

Attached: Guinness123.jpg (1000x500, 101K)

based and redpilled

They came home to whore wives and broken families.

Attached: 1515930138592.jpg (750x553, 68K)

It wasn't war to avenge your countrymen like WW1 after sinking of Lusitania. It wasn't defensive war against Japan and Germany that declared war like WW2. It was abstract political war that was impossible to properly market to the people. It's no wonder fighting for something abstract like "blocking communism" makes people unhinged, when they don't really believe that losing would directly endanger their homes, families and way of life.

>assumes other combat vets didn't come back with PTSD

youtube.com/watch?v=uiD6bnqpJDE

>why did [Hollywood shit that props up the smallest minority as representative of the whole]
Are you a moron OP?

Attached: FB_IMG_1530862156110.jpg (601x601, 18K)

means all first responders also suffer from ptsd.

Probably because they were kidnapped by their government and made to murder and die in a foreign land?

Because of this shit
youtu.be/rmBl3RGItAE

Reminder that John Rambo did nothing wrong. All he wanted was something to eat. It was the fault of that king shit cop.

They were also trialing LSD as a combat drug.

In hindsight, I can't well imagine they'd thought that one out entirely.

Whenever I take acid I'm more interested in goofy looking trees and chiaroscuro. than looking out for danger.

I get the Middle East wars being ZOG wars, but how did kikes and Israhell benefit from us napalming SEAmonkeys?

no, thats just the patient trying to medicate to relieve symptoms.
what fucked them was to see them being the evil and cruel aggressor. how they invaded and treated people who just lived in their country.
they were forced to act like demons and it destroys the mind of most people.

what is Jow Forumss favorite vietnam movie?
for me, its a close call between platoon and the deer hunter.

DIDDY MAO!

Attached: 1865.png (240x240, 70K)

Look up the mad minute

Careful! All the bootlicker neocon fags on this board will jump down your throat for that comment.

Because the most richest and most powerful military machine in human history was defeated by half starved peasants with captured rifles.

>They came home to whore wives and broken families.
This
The enemy won at home

Attached: fd177e794418f981081d4fd9d292c5b5b5a56857.png (720x476, 334K)

There were plenty of WWII veterans with PTSD, they just didn't call it PTSD then. For example, US medal of honor recipient Audie Murphy slept with a loaded gun under his pillow, became alcoholic, had nightmares and violent outbursts, and intermittent depression and suicidal thoughts. That's all textbook PTSD, but they called it "war fatigue" at the time and didn't do anything to treat it

Full Metal Jacket, no question

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (2880x1619, 180K)

Apocalypse Now

Yes, I know it's actually pro-war.

They didnt
PTSD is a meme
They were either crazy when they went in or a faking it for gibs

they don't have to kill and maim themselfs , slightly different situation.

It makes a difference blowing someones brain out or ''just'' clean up the mess..

but nevertheless yes quiet a few do (my uncle is a first responder who is a bit nuts.)

1. They were mostly men picked up by the draft and many of them received very little training; they were not ready for war.
2. Most people going to college in the 60s were not drafted or young men draft dodged and went to Canada. Most of the men who went were undereducated working class men; they had no idea what they were getting into.
3. The US military MASSIVELY underestimated the strength and fighting ability (as well as completely misunderstanding the motives) of the North Vietnamese Liberation Army (Viet Cong).
4. The US army thought it would be just like the Korean War or WW2 in terms of tacts. The US Army had no idea how to fight in the jungle against guerilla armies.
5. They were treated incredibly badly when they came back. They all came back in drips and drabs over the course of the war and did not receive a parade. They were seen as baby killers by the New Left that arose in the 60s and seen as losers by the right who were angry that they were defeated by communists. They never got psychological closure of being sea hero that WW2 vets got.
6. A lot of them realized that what they were doing there was wrong. Bombing forests with agent orange and giving kids birth defects; bombing villages with napalm, My Lai massacre etc... Fucks a man up in the head.

The didn't, the media just tells you they did,

Tracks

It was the first time burgers got to chimp out in a foreign country with little discipline.
All that fucking and killing feels bad man.

>PTSD is a meme

Seems pretty real to me.

Attached: 66455757.jpg (500x334, 62K)

Helicopters. The average infantryman in the South Pacific during World War II saw about 40 days of combat in four years. The average infantryman in Vietnam saw about 240 days of combat in one year thanks to the mobility of the helicopter.

Because after a year of smoking hash, fucking and killing gooks while waterskiing behind patrol boats, and listening to "Fortunate Son", playing russian roulette and smelling nalpalm in the morning, Civilian life was just too dull. They couldn't even get a sandwich without having to kill a whole town in Oregon..

Attached: 511cc4c8a42e839d99e597c91a716a1f[1].jpg (1920x1080, 106K)

youtube.com/watch?v=SS1dO0JC2EE

Attached: idiot.png (1283x1263, 2.73M)

Shut UP dad!

Should've just nuked them into submission. Boots on the ground is a retarded move if you can avoid it.

most soldiers actuallly never blow brains out. at least they cannot tell who actually did afterwards.

The edgelord answer, but also the correct answer.

Friendly reminder that the usa wouldve won Vietnam if it wasnt for the (((media))). I'm not saying it is a justification for the war, or even agreeing with the war, just the fact that the media has been doing the shit we see today forever. Also I'm not saying they shouldnt have printed the Pentagon papers, just saying the media fucked up the war effort.

Walking hundreds of miles with fear of stepping on a sharpened bamboo stick with gook poop on it on every step with the nearest hospital hours away

Attached: FB_IMG_1531602397467.jpg (353x260, 12K)

>conservative america was off fighting " le communism " in far off foreign lands meanwhile their own government passes civil rights and 1965 immigration act

Attached: lol 4.jpg (274x237, 21K)

That's not quite true. The north had plenty of manpower to draw upon that it still hadn't tapped.

> mobility
I saw a similar doco that said the same thing. the down time was more significant in the past. Also something to do with being able to 'debrief' with the other soldiers who went through those experiences helped as well (stuck on a boat together).

Didn't the initial selection and training for pacific soldiers by the allied for make psychos who collected skulls without remorse

Because Vietcong fucked you up

That is true, but the military had planned the ramp up northern bombing which may have helped chop up the forces

that's textbook politics, distract the plebs with something like war while you sneak in legislation that would get shot down during peacetime

>Why did all Vietnam Veterans come back with PTSD?

Because they're pussies.

Attached: 1505644958262.jpg (800x600, 84K)

>le Germans can't get PTSD meme
epic

They also don't get AIDS.

Attached: 1507473214299.jpg (540x960, 115K)

youtube.com/watch?v=hRJFvtvTGEk

Through the money from opium from the golden triangle area. The money then laundered through swiss banks and the used to buy israeli bonds and funneled to israel israel in different ways. The opium trade has been run by jews for a while. Research the sassoon family and opium. Also, during the cold war in general, much of the world wide profits from weapons sales was used to build israel.

Exactly, "Vietnam vets are broken idiots" because the image of broken idiots sells Hollywood's anti US image.
Most vets came back fine, had families and careers.
When I came back from Iraq (twice) we we all fine except the people who were crazy even before we left.
Didn't even matter if they actually fought or served food on the base.

Attached: 11041790_10153126420942296_8154696268049858294_n.jpg (640x580, 53K)

e p i c memeflaggotry

Notice how the (((media))) fetishizes PTSD.
They love pictures of soldiers crying like little girls.
It happens in war.
But you don't publicize it, unless you're trying to destroy morale and make ur soldiers look like fragile little bitches.

Two words: Agent Orange

Memeflag is better than Marine fag.

Attached: 1525529883871.jpg (540x720, 99K)

Vietnam.......this is some deep shit.

Attached: SKinner vietnam.jpg (960x717, 178K)

>Friendly reminder that the usa wouldve won Vietnam if it wasnt for the (((media))).
Nah. The Pentagon studied the military problems a lot and knew they were fucked. There was no military solution short of invading North Vietnam. But that would've triggered a Chinese intervention so it was ruled out.

You wanna go to war with China to prevent South Vietnam from falling to the communists? Totally stupid idea and you probably would've still got your ass beat.

Attached: 1522193255707.jpg (645x870, 104K)

>The media lost the Vietnam war
This is a long standing myth. Short of absolute genocide and colonization, nothing would have "won" Vietnam, the government of South Vietnam was shit, and always had been shit.

We would have "beat" china but it would have gone nuclear, and then what would we have "won"

A very small minority came back with it. ZOG media pushes the image of the PTSD vet so they can get more cooks and mechanics on PTSD gibs and grow the welfare state.

Attached: BASED.png (4096x2304, 794K)

>The Pentagon studied the military problems a lot and knew they were fucked. There was no military solution short of invading North Vietnam.

Ya, well like commit or don't go. We should have escalated with China then, before they started to develop economically and technologically.

Attached: D554285C-4FE6-4FB1-A19F-039B1024CB65.jpg (1242x698, 84K)

Attached: 1533694388709.jpg (960x720, 79K)

>PTSD gibs and grow the welfare state.
dont forget replacing children with dogs

Attached: Emotional-Support-Dog-Vests-Guide (2).png (560x315, 85K)

Because they were killing commies and didn't get thanked enough for it.
Heroes kill commies.

Sorry, I couldn't hear you over the sound of Churchill sucking our dicks for 35 years and begging us to win your wars for you.

Some of those help people reset their habits so they can pick up new ones instead. Mostly that is the mushrooms though.

na america cant fight, the moment asians start digging in, americans are forced to drop a nuke or run away. those are the only 2 options. Their men have been circumsized both mentally and literally.

>All
Anyway there are multiple reasons. The most supported theory is the nature of the combat or lack of that they experienced. Much like modern theatres the "on duty" mentality was/is longer and the addition to non-uniformed combatants along with ambushes creates a fracture in a persons mind. This of course was taken advantage of and fostered by the (((headshrinkers))) State side that smelled the government money in the water.

Attached: 1518568713504.png (500x647, 176K)

Thanks, user. I'll do that.

Attached: 1531169220662.png (487x454, 292K)

Actually no more than any other war.
It's just that boomers are self important and self absorbed so they made a bigger deal out of it.

t. country that literally has no military now
t. country that singlehandedly bungled Afghanistan

Because the theater of war there was so fucked up? Idk, why do you ask dumb fucking questions?

Nobody cared about PTSD until Iraq and Afghanistan

you ever tripped on acid all the while you have zipper heads while firing 7.62 at your mug, napalm burning 2 clicks to the north, and hueys burning fuselage crashed to your rear... and you forgot to change your socks.

Attached: LT-Dan.png (777x437, 139K)

born on the fourth of july for me friend