Favorite philosophers thread

Russell easily gets the spot for me, although I don't agree with him on everything much of what he proposes is incredible.
who's yours Jow Forums?

Attached: Berty.jpg (2560x1536, 511K)

Other urls found in this thread:

knowledgedrivenrevolution.wordpress.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Hoppe

Russell was a degenerate. And an actual cuckold.

Classic and hellenistic philosophers are the best philosophers. And their philosophy is useful.

Really you pick some anglo pseudo philosopher instead one of the great greek philosophers, and there are many.

My favorite philosopher is Diogenes of Sinope.

Attached: diogenes.jpg (1181x1307, 207K)

Lol. kys.
Heidegger / Jung for aryan galaxy supremacy

He was squalid minded, squalid...

Nietzsche. But I haven’t read any of that shit in years.

Popper and Wittgenstein are all you need.

David Hume
Nietzsche
Max Stirner
Ludwig Wittgenstein
Joseph de Maistre

>a homeless cunt who plucked chickens is better than the guy who tried to explain the connection behind maths and logic
not that I don't like greek philosophers but this seems unconventional

Attached: NOPE.jpg (700x606, 30K)

Embarrassing

Attached: chamberlain.jpg (367x425, 24K)

Diogenes is a funny meme

Diogenes led to Stoicism, a manly philosophy of life.
Russell led to open marriage degeneracy.

You’re an idiot. Out of all of Russell’s contributions to logic, math, and philosophy, you focus exclusively on his attitudes towards marriage? Wew lad

Ethics is the most important part of philosophy, by far. And he was a degenerate.

His misinterpretation of the Classics was pretty bad, as well.

Plato
Seneca
Fichte
Hegel

Scientific Outlook made me change my views on Russell.

knowledgedrivenrevolution.wordpress.com/ gives a great breakdown on this technocrat.

Mister Crowley, ofcourse

Attached: 15354936576110.png (700x529, 901K)

Shopenhauer.
No frills, no bullshit. "Life is but a short, unprofitable episode interrupting the blissful peace of non-existance."

He was great on women too.

Locke, Hobbes, Neitsche, in that order.

You fell for (((public education))) memes.

Attached: ET6b9diiGd4.jpg (650x650, 87K)

Jesus is the best philosopher

Threads over, pack it up boys.

>straya
>bringing the bantz

Attached: david-stove.jpg (291x367, 25K)

Al Ghazali

Attached: Al-Ghazali.png (317x271, 143K)

Why?

Attached: 1535383201793.jpg (2780x1552, 564K)

He's baiting to see if there are recently initiated arabo-philes silly enough to think Ghazali was one of rational types during the high-points of the Caliphates.

What's wrong with any of those?

Albert Camus
Musashi
Sun Tzu
Plato
Machiavelli

Attached: sisyphus.jpg (1200x1200, 229K)

Stirner
Jean Paul Satre

The only correct answer for a white man in the modern world.

Attached: marcus.jpg (325x499, 39K)

Ever walked by a homeless junkie laying in his own shit while yelling at successful people? Thats who you idolize.

Russell was a god-awful philosopher who was repeatedly clowned by superior minds like Wittgenstein and Gödel. His philosophy was also not much more than several thousand pages of philosophically trying to prove the pointlessness of philosophy.

>Popper and Wittgenstein are all you need.

Those two don't go together. The fact you seem to think this proves you as a larper. You can't read and understand someone like Wittgenstein and not see the likes of Popper as a mediocre dilettante loser. His "the Open Society" is honestly one of the most philosophically ignorant books i've ever read by a noted "philosopher"

Seneca is alright, Fichte I haven't read, Hegel taught dialectics based on flawed logic, Plato promoted statism and pederasty. And that's why they're promoted in state universities all over the worlds: because states love statists. and pederasts too.
Or you can make me think about it again, giving top-tier quotes from Hegel and Plato.

Plato was against homosexual sexual acts

I find Russell to be one of the funniest philosophers. Comparing God to a tea-pot lol. That's a master-troll at work.

>Dissing Plato.
Literally kill yourself, Dostoyevsky boy.

I get the feeling that you haven't read much of either (if anything) and just assumed they are "bad" because they are included in public education.
Start by reading the allegory of the cave.

Attached: Hegel.jpg (3840x2160, 1.11M)

He was not. In his Symposium his teacher (who's presented as the smartest of all men, because some jewish oracle said so) Socrates speaks about boi-pussy as the best pussy in the world. And you should understand that in archaic society, where people got married in their 13, young boys really stand for pizzagate-tier shit. So it's not a coincidence christians loved that school of thought so much, that they literally destroyed all the other schools, exactly how plato planned (according to Diogenes Laertius) so it's safe to say that dark ages began even before christianity, because people approached our level of civilization exactly before Socrates (steam engine by Hero of Alexandria, atomic theories by Democritus, namely whose books Plato wanted to get burnt)

Attached: MV5BMjIyOTM5OTIzNV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMDkzODE2NjE@._V1_.jpg (1893x2800, 1.27M)

> War is progress
No wonder they promote this faggot in their schools. And the Plato's cave is the same level of thought available to IQ100, shallow and flawed.
You just look at the most peaceful period of human history and what we could achieve in it!

I'm willing to bet you don't actually understand the allegory of the cave

> implying it's such a difficult allegory to understand
Don't worry, I'm not saying all of their thought are wrong, after all they plagiarized some thoughts of schools they destroyed: Aristotle is claimed to be a father of logic, when he doesn't use logic in his works.

>Plato promoted statism and pederasty

God damn morons like you should be killed. If you haven't studied Plato at all and you think you are in a position to understand western philosophy, then you are a moron. Almost all the problems of modern philosophy and politics and morality are found in Plato. If you have no grasp of ancient greek concepts btw, you are massively hamstrung in your understanding, because the english equivalent words for many he used don't really exist.

Also "Plato is a statist" is so fucking inane it defies belief. The Greek poleis had absolute power over individuals--this was a fact of life, not something to be debated, because every polis was in a continual death struggle and under risk of complete destruction. Going "hurr durr Plato was a statist" is only demonstrating your gross ignorance of the ancient world.

> don't allow any school than platonic to exist
> say "see, every philosopher refers to plato"

> prohibit any science but one made by your monks
> say "see, all the science comes from monasteries"

No wonder you want to kill me, like father like son.

Attached: friedrich-nietzsche-philosopher-plato-was-a.jpg (2400x2400, 346K)

Gorakhnath
Matsyendranātha
Patanjali

All you people wasting your time playing the word games of European ´Philosophers’ are lost

Trump, because he will complete the system of German Idealism.

He proposed preemptive nuclear strike on Russia. That is indeed pretty incredible.

Kant, Schopenhauer and Plato
I really don't understand why people hate the critique of pure reason so much, the two other critiques are great too

Trust me, it would be merciful.
> image: it's Hiroshima, nuclear bomb was dropped on it. It looks much better than cities on which Sovok was dropped.

Attached: qcbNySD.jpg (993x783, 152K)

kierkegaard

Not only have a lot of inventions, schools of thought, scientific theories, etc sprung up during times of war, war allows for weak people and flawed ideologies to pushed out in order to make room for stronger and better ones.

Admittedly it hasn't worked out so well for the past century though.
Explain it to us.

>Kant once received a letter from a young lady who had read his works on ethics. Prizing Kant's genius, she sought advice on what she should do about a certain problem of hers. She was engaged to marry a gentleman whom she loved, but she was not a virgin. She wanted to know whether she should tell the man or keep quiet. Kant advised her that she must tell her fiancée. The fiancée broke off the marriage. Distraught, the woman wrote to Kant again, deeply troubled over the result of her decision and admitting she was having doubts over Kant's system of ethics. She asked if she might come to Koenigsberg to meet with Kant and discuss her doubts. Although he received the letter in a timely fashion, he chose never to reply. The woman committed suicide after some time.

Ummm, none of them!? Pls explain why would you want to compensate for being fatherless by finding an academic equivalent of an e-celeb?

Fuck (((philosophers))) aka "old times" bloggers, twitter-ers? and shitlords.

Can't believe you pretentious fucks unironically fall for that shit still.

Bertrand russel.....
He doesnt even understand half the philosphy he attempts to summerize.

The dude is such a degenerate he cant filter properly what he reads. Of course in Academia this is a golden virtue.

>make room for stronger and better ones.
for kikes sitting in the rear?
Here's a jewish anecdote, I hope my translation will not butcher it:
At the bank of Dnepr river sits an ukrainian and a jew.
And here speaker on a pole screams "today in 4 am without announcint war nazi germany crossed the soviet border"
Jew says "oh, the war, so I have to move all my family to Tashkent, so I have to find a car to move all the furniture..."
Ukrainian says "yes, war, so much trouble!"
Jew: "What trouble? Get the rifle, go to front"

You wouldn't even take the time to spell his name correctly.

>Explain it to us.
Are you serious? What you see is not all there is, or maybe even not what there is.
Any decent philosopher would put it in a couple of sentences, but of course now you will tell me that people who was thinking of atoms didn't see it as obvious.

death to tavistock

another element to that anecdote, jew's speech went on:
> to move all the furniture, then to find a grocery storehouse to work there.
the better ones, duh

>Joseph de Maistre
This

He was an analytic, so of course he is going to paint the past in the shade of his ideology, just like you're doing when you completely discredit him.

Attached: Heidegger.jpg (500x273, 51K)

Hobbes, fuck you.

>tfw you finally understand the meaning of Being

>What is work? Work is of two kinds: first, altering the position of matter at or near the earth's surface relatively to other such matter; second, telling other people to do so. The first one is unpleasant and ill paid; the second is pleasant and highly paid.

Russell was pretty based.

Just humor me.
You still haven't described as much as a basic aspect of it.

Not compromising between, but reconciling individual liberty and political authority.

Attached: rousseau.jpg (3280x4001, 966K)

Nietzsche for me too. Fourteen years since I first read Thus Spake Zarathustra, and his words haven't lost their power.

>Jean Paul Satre
I really hated my time with this man. He’s .... I dunno .... like a dork or something. I know that’s a shitty way to put it, but seriously.

based philosopher jew

Attached: OttoWeininger.jpg (220x258, 11K)

Who is the best French philosopher?

Attached: 1535267800656.jpg (514x508, 70K)

>t. Albert Camus

Attached: Foucault2.jpg (1000x600, 83K)

so tell me now, that we cannot comprehend this world in its whole, therefore there's god and angels (I don't remember if socrates pulled monotheism out of that a.. cave, but he definitely promoted jewish religious views, preparing soil for christian takeover)

You better be joking

Attached: 1535527736712.png (814x896, 540K)

eh was persecuted by the jews and doesn't afraid of anything

Attached: 1450632612421.jpg (1134x1001, 219K)

Aurelius was a dumbshit desperately struggling to understand the ideas of greater men who came before. You'll get much better stoic thought from Seneca or Epictetus.

It has nothing to do with theism.

Mirandola, Augustine, Descartes, Kant

He’s not a “philosopher” but everyone here would like nassim taleb, particularly the bed of procrustes

Evola

Plato and St. John for metaphysics. St. Paul, Hobbes, Kaczynski for politics.

Helpful recs from Jow Forums once again...

Attached: 1533866624498.jpg (480x360, 16K)

But what else there's beyond that "basic aspect" I described to you in a couple of sentences you probably won't tell. And you shouldn't, you better read this:
Aristoxenus in his Historical Notes affirms that Plato wished to burn all the writings of Democritus that he could collect, but that Amyclas and Clinias the Pythagoreans prevented him, saying that there was no advantage in doing so, for already the books were widely circulated. And there is clear evidence for this in the fact that Plato, who mentions almost all the early philosophers, never once alludes to Democritus, not even where it would be necessary to controvert him, obviously because he knew he would have to match himself against the prince of philosophers, for whom, to be sure, Timon has this meed of praise: Such is the wise Democritus, the guardian of discourse, keen-witted disputant, among the best I ever read.
What true philosopher would want to do something like this? But unfortunately there're always Teslas (introverts) and Edisons (extraverts) - any true inventer lives among apes, and every true inventor is a brother to him. The way Edisson treated Tesla makes me suspicious about other inventions patented by Edisson.

>regurgitates some stoic concepts
>no original thought whatsoever
>Americans can't stop sucking his circumcised penis 2000 years later
>Neitsche

Attached: 1419688705930.png (896x716, 71K)

Attached: kike gas.jpg (1526x950, 215K)

This is fucking /thread right here.