Harry Potter

Why do Leftists love pic related so much? Especially the women. They speak about it as if it’s historical.

Attached: 96B9D521-60DF-4FB3-B529-B0ED8E2BD8FD.jpg (500x439, 85K)

Other urls found in this thread:

mileswmathis.com/potter.pdf
youtube.com/watch?v=3owSSPoTdaE
twitter.com/AnonBabble

easy to digest plot with a clear good/evil conflict and continuous deus ex machinas.

I read a theory about it... Basically leftists can easily self-insert into the role Harry has in the book, he inherits a massive sum of money and everybody in the world knows who he is and loves him, but not because anything he personally did, he was just born into that situatiuon. So leftists want that, they think they are so special and important, they dream about being like Harry.

/thread

Attached: 1536083320883.gif (320x240, 1.24M)

I don't understand it either. I think Rowling went completely lefttard beause her series is covertly white. Goblins are described as hook nosed kikes and house elf enslavement is justified because they know no better and they can't function without it. Also, The Daily Prophet is literally CNN. Personally, I love the series. I even find it funny lefties like it so much.

>Why do Rightists love pic related so much? Especially the women. They speak about it as if it’s historical.

Attached: R (64).jpg (670x655, 218K)

Attached: 1505275463843.png (1200x917, 643K)

Yeah that’s what always confused me, because I never really got any political vibes from it one way or another.

This make a lot of sense.

>leftists can easily self-insert into the role Harry has in the book, he inherits a massive sum of money and everybody in the world knows who he is and loves him, but not because anything he personally did, he was just born into that situatiuon. So leftists want that, they think they are so special and important, they dream about being like Harry.
perfect

also think of the sorting hat system and the black-and-white morality it projects onto the impressionable reader. There's Gryffindor (the good ones) Ravenclaw (the smart ones) Slytherin (the evil racist ones who want to preserve their heritage) and Hufflepuff (the unimportant/un-special ones). This is a straight up dehumanizing view of society that places certain people in a position of innate moral authority over others. an SJW dream come true

> work that has been an important moral bedrock for centuries
> young adult lit from the late 90’s-early 2000’s

Pretty big difference there.

t. Atheist

Harry Potter is a CIA inside joke. Women don't have brains so of course they eat this shit up.

mileswmathis.com/potter.pdf

Potter promotes the cursed practice of witchcraft, literally condemned by many different religions. Even opposing ones.

Witchcraft is damned and will lead all who practice it into hell for all eternity.

The left are part of the armies of satan. This is their satanic bible.

Based and redpilled

Attached: 1534142714790.jpg (620x382, 21K)

Witchcraft is cursed and boys riding broomsticks is faggy and retarded.

Because it represents left
>"Magic"
Lol
>Ugly beta nerd fighting for justice
>Evil vs good
>Voldemort and pure wizards and not pure wizards (like immigration)

It's fiction, user. Just like your religion.

Its nostalgic. Thats all there is to it

This

It’s gay user, just like you.

I got halfway through the first book then quit because it was so boring. These books are clearly meant for children. I couldn't believe how awful the author is at describing characters and scenes.

Thats why black people started saying "harry potter isnt real" when people say "wakanda isnt real"

It kind of strange that there's a whole book were Hermione goes full SJW for the house elves. And she accomplishes nothing, makes everyone hate her, and is decisively shown to be an idiot. But they don't connect that to themselves.

Maybe you should take some advice from Matthew. "Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you."

The first and second are really simple and clearly written for children. From the third onward they become better written and more enjoyable for adults. I read them when I was 18 and liked them a lot

>World where everybody is armed, including teachers
>Protagonist is rich athlete
>Antagonist takes over the government, media, and education system
>Establishment outright denies the antagonist exists and smears anyone who says so
>Only honest journal is considered a conspiracy theory rag by most people
>Armed insurgency against most institutions occurs
Why exactly do leftists use this?

Attached: 1526352632223.jpg (1024x1024, 405K)

I'm actually surprised at how obsessed Harry Potter fanbase is. I've met people that have read the entire series over 13 times.

>Why do Leftists love pic related so much?
They are infants

Yeah, I got about halfway through the third one and gave up on them. Nothing in particular, I just really didn’t care for them.

Attached: harry potter.jpg (636x960, 104K)

You are still a faggot, with Matthew or without him.

Freedom is considered the worst punishment for house elves by the elves themselves. And they rebuke JK Rowling's obnoxious self-insert when she tries to emancipate them

That series is based. Voldemort tries to save his people and stop race mixing. Truly a hero. And then he's unfortunately brought down by an Anglo and his subhuman goblin/elf allies. Basically an allegory for ww2

Is it any surprise that some of the dullest people in existence idolize dullest franchise in the history of movie franchises? Each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody, just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

Attached: 1513392419138.jpg (1594x2857, 578K)

Harry Potter is a fun universe and I like the characters.

The main problem is that everything hinges on the fact that the reader must pretend that rifles either don't exist or that Voldemort is so quick and powerful that he could block a bullet fired at him from more than a football field away. His plan was to take over the Wizarding World and then go to take over the Muggles, but in reality (if he managed to beat Harry and capture Hogwarts) Voldemort would be sniped by some rookie sniper in the British army.

The fact that Muggles keep progressing and making the previously impossible into something normal via technology is never really touched on in the books. Even the "Muggle Experts" in the Wizarding World are completely oblivious to most technologies that Muggles have made, to the point where Mr. Weasley has to ask Harry what a rubber duck is and what dentists are.

If you imagine Harry Potter in 2018, it'd be a joke for kids to go to Hogwarts and write with quills while listening to record players and communicating via letters and newspapers.

it's just nostalgiafagging

This series is liked by a diverse array of political opinions. In the 90's no one knew that Rowling was a libs or even cared, they just liked the stories. Now that Rowling is a raging fucking liberal, she is now hated by approximately half the US population. This is why entertainers, actors, etc. are fucking retards to piss off their consumer base for some SJW points. That being said, the only reason she came out as a libshit is because she already made her money. Kind of like the #metoo movement. No one was complaining about sucking off Weinstein when they needed a job or were poor.

It's about indoctrinating young people that they can have anything they want if they embrace the dark side. Pretty much sums it up.

you sound like a fucking moron hahahahha

harry potter fans are brain damaged

I almost had a heart attack when I had to scroll down more than 5 posts to see this. Glad to see some men of class on this board.

>These books are clearly meant for children
No shit retard.

why are they using fictional events to argue for what is happening in reality? What if Harry raped 100's of kids to beat Voldermort? Would kid fucking be OK then?

I don’t judge people for enjoying the books
> some of my closest friends are Harry Potter fans!

I’m always just shocked when people bring it up in political discussions, and I get frustrated when people expect you to be a fan of the series.

it's odd it became a SJW bible basically because of "Dumbeldore's Army" resist! meme, because the bigger themes in the book are that Harry is saved by his mother's love.

The importance of family and Harry's lackthereof repeatedly comes up in the series. The Dursley's rotten treatment of Harry is proof that your family isn't just interchangeable and in the end, the epilogue shows that Harry and Ginny create the family that Harry was never able to have.

>The main problem is that everything hinges on the fact that the reader must pretend that rifles either don't exist or that Voldemort is so quick and powerful that he could block a bullet fired at him from more than a football field away.

It hinged on the assumption that exposure to the muggle world was basically Mutually Assured Destruction, that no one would actually do it. Using giants and the like under the shroud of secrecy the baddies actually were basically able to terrorize the muggle world with impunity.

Also depends on what you think the Death Eaters' endgame was; seemed to basically be eradication of muggle blood from the wizarding world and then a bit of muggle torture on the side. Would have been simple enough.

There is a difference between judging and admonishing. If you're gay you better stop it.

Serious Question; was Count of Monte Cristo the original "nothin' personnell kid" of writing? Everything goes according to his autistically-laid plans, with many of the antagonists falling into traps that they should have seen coming.

Also, it bugs me how Mercedes just waltzes over to the Count and starts crying about how the Count is going to kill her son, and the Count, who up until this point has been the most stoic motherfucker in existence, just rolls over and decides to let Little Lord Flaunteroy kill him.

Dantes should have blasted Albert with and then fucked his mom.

Lord of the Rings is literally /ourbook/. The divinely descended men of the west fighting against the southern and eastern hordes. The Jew analog - dwarves are literally the bastard children that god never wanted and have a long history of fucking things up because of their lust for gold

Speaking of, how the fuck was Harry so rich? I thought they just shrugged it off as "his parents left him all this money", but weren't they like 20-something when they died? And his mom was a muggle, so it's not like she had any wizard money entering the relationship. That means Harry's dad was a wizard gazillionaire before he ran off with a muggle woman.

His dad came from a super rich super old wizarding family. And his mom was a witch with muggle parents

I really dont get why people like this series. They're decent childrens books, and the movies are alright. But all the characters seem so one dimensional and shallow. The villain might as well be on a saturday morning cartoon because how despicably EEEEEVIL he is. And the main character is a bit of a Mary Sue.

There is way better fictional literature out there, and the fact that liberals obsess over these novels so much either proves that they're stupid or have no taste.

Evil has only evil to turn to for sustenance. JKR is an admitted witch.

that's the biggest problem in Harry potter, it's not thought out because it was written by a roastie who relies on just introducing new retarded thing after new retarded thing to look at without you saying, "hey wait a minute..."

The biggest issue is that the magic "system" just isn't thought out or fleshed out. Do you really need 7 years of schooling to learn how to pronounce some words? The books never go into how the spells are "learned" or how the ingredients of potions can accomplish magical things. Obviously the entire series can't go into this, but there's no scenes where this is described at all and would go a long way into creating verisimilitude. It's like those medical shows where the medical part is an afterthought and it just focuses on the relationships between the hot male doctor and the female audience member wish fulfillment receptacle.

i heard that the later books actually go a lot into politics and quite red-pilled, is this true? keep in mind that im drunk right now and i might entirely make up this info.

>Magic can't exist in fictional settings

Attached: Blank+_0c8ca540114772e7ecf5a91bb1fde732.jpg (900x810, 94K)

ITS MAGIC I AINT GOTTA EXPLAIN SHIT

This, some psychologist in the army explained it to me.
I did the personality/psychological test and there was a question that bugged me "Would you like to have super powers?". Most questions in the test were an evident yes or no like "Do you sometimes feel a lot of rage when someone wrongs you?" and, regardless if it's true or not, you answer no if you're not a retard and want in. But super powers? Why does it matter?
Well, according to that psychologist she says that's a treat of the weak willed, of the people who don't have the guts and are likely to break down or abuse any power they're given. They want super powers because they're entitled even if they know in the back of their head that they're weak. But they don't want to work or fight for it.
Then she described the classic leftist: Daydreaming, delusional, always trying to vocalize what they imagine is going on to validate theirselves, easely frustrated, etc.

I don't think it's directly explained in the books other than Harry's parents leaving him a bunch of money. Since the Dursley's aren't particularly wealthy and nobody mentions Lily and James making a ton of money, assumedly older.

Seems like in the supplementary shit Rowling writes for her site that James' dad made a hair potion that made the family rich.

that's now how the hat works at all, bucko. Sit down and let me learn you something:

>gryffendor: brace and adventurous
>slytherin: ambitious and sly
>ravenclaw: clever and witty
>hufflepuff: balanced and devoted

the "black and white morality" is non-existant, there is just trends. Slytherin can be uninterested entirely about purebloods and gryffendor can be corrupt and evil AF. And hufflepuff is not unimportant, they more or less fought and won the entire war the series leads up to while ravenclaws were busy fence sitting and gryfendors were busy showing off.

This is a surface theory and makes a lot of sense until you dive deeper. Harry Potter is literally a book about the Chosen One. The richness of his character is also unimportant, and a Deus Ex Machina if anything (this was, afterall JK's first book ever)... giving him a load of money simply solved the problem of "well shit, he doesn't have a cent to his name... how do I make sure he can afford books and wands and stuff?" Otherwise, in the entirety of the series, he never does anything impressive or important with his money other than buy a couple chocolate bars extra and all his normal school supplies.

Magic in the magic realm is essential fantasy science. They don't have any sciences or engineering in the magic land, they use magic and have to study magic just like you would study science, math, and engineering. Your comment doesnt make any sense, you dont just get a free pass because you post some anti-left mockery.

You're probably right about the pure immigration thing

Why am I sticking for JK and HP so hard? Because you guys need to learn to stop grabbing at straws to make your agenda work. Your agenda should be able to stand up to accurate rebuttal.

She was also terrible at writing teenage males. That whole "animal" thing with Harry getting horny over Ginny was just weird

Attached: 1501542709043.jpg (837x840, 134K)

STOP LIKING WHAT I DON'T LIKE OR I'LL CRY AND MEME ABOUT IT ON Jow Forums!

>This is a surface theory and makes a lot of sense until you dive deeper. Harry Potter is literally a book about the Chosen One. The richness of his character is also unimportant, and a Deus Ex Machina if anything (this was, afterall JK's first book ever)... giving him a load of money simply solved the problem of "well shit, he doesn't have a cent to his name... how do I make sure he can afford books and wands and stuff?" Otherwise, in the entirety of the series, he never does anything impressive or important with his money other than buy a couple chocolate bars extra and all his normal school supplies.
It's also a foil to the Weasley's who are poor as shit but have a strong family, which is what Harry spends the whole series wishing for

Attached: 1511665404500.jpg (601x321, 121K)

I find this idea fascinating.

Same thing with Shakeypear.
Who da?
Who he?
Nah me.

>They speak about it as if it’s historical.
The same way that conservatives speak about the bible?

>I've met people that have read the entire series over 13 times.
I've read the entire series twice I think but read the first book heaps of times, maybe 15-16 times.

I don't know why. I think it casts a spell over certain people. I liked magic and stuff before it, maybe it was written to ensnare certain types?

>pic related
>imagine a leftist reading this and getting inspired
>the cringe is real

Harry is basically a female protag

think about it. He lives with his family, his family is shit, but get this, it's not his real family, his real family is dead, but were super awesome people. Then he is wisked away to a magical place where his parents were from is is also super awesome

women love this shit

This is true, too. Think how famous he would be if he had a scar and no massive bank account? He'd just be some poor loser then, a lot more susceptible to Slytherin's friendship.

This was probably the biggest thing that got under my skin. Shitty authors will always have poorly defined magic systems so that they never write themselves into a corner cause some magic ex machina can always get them out of it. And nobody can critisise the magic always saving the day because "muh magic it can do ANYTHIN". It basically removes all tension cause the main character can always just whip out his wand and screech "PLOT FIXIO" and eliminate any conflict.

If you want to read a series with a good magic system try The Dresden Files. The potter series is one of countless books that just has a shitty, undefined magic system because the author is too lazy to write it's rules, or enjoys having a constant stream of Ex Machinas to save the day,

retard

I read the series and hated it the more and more I thought about it. Every character is one dimensional and "perfect"...everything works out for everyone except a few token characters who had to "die" to make the later books seem more "mature"

Everyone is whiny and boring with almost nothing interesting about themselves. Even the most "complicated" character...Snape...ended up being some friendzoned autist who was mad some jock fucked his girl.

There was nothing special about Harry. He didn't train to be the best sorcerer, didn't work hard at being the best at quidditch (which is a apt metaphor for the ideas presented in these books ex: get the Golden snitch, instant win), had no special charisma yet the teachers loved him(even Snape got cucked out). So why was Harry so special and defeated the dark powerful sorcerer Voldemort?

Because his mom(a women) loved him so much that deus ex machina made him the protagonist. "FEELINGS" beat material threats.

It's a book about female narcissism, for narcissists, feminists, and in general anybody suckling on Marxist teet.

The Christians weren't wrong when they said it was demonic.

Attached: 1532931924265.jpg (592x960, 81K)

the Dursleys are a parody of a family of jingoistic, unsympathetic Daily Mail readers. they're the only "Muggle" family that we get to see regularly from book to book.
the "Wizards" are just open, creative left-leaning types, which is where Harry comes into his own, finds companionship for the first time, and develops as an individual.
it's a hero's journey, which also contains easily traceable cultural tropes that mirror the current sociocultural and political world in easy to digest, stereotypical ways.
basically, the left sees no problem in stereotyping if it's against groups they fear will engage in stereotyping. ironically, we're past the point where the left engages in far more stereotyping than that which it assumes goes on within the political right.

It is basically one giant fangirl's wet dream

>easy world to get into
it works the same as the real one, only that it adds magic
>magic structures are the same as the real one but simpler
burocracy gets passed under the table too to make it even more accessible
>school drama
the books revolve around your everyday teenager life
>vague concept of magic
learning is described as difficult, but then it's all about shooting lights through vocal dial
>magic is everything to the point that investing time into anything else is a complete waste of time
even a child can overpower an adult through magic, deus ex machina to no end, no need to be physically fit
>pre-set personalities
the 4 houses cover 4 stereotypes regarding students and makes it easy to make up characters for own work (or worse, to enable self-insertion)
>simple writing, making it accessible to most readers
>plot structure remains unchanged for all books (except the last one)
story unfolds like this: start year, problems that are never your fault, nobody believes you, somehow end up solving everything and getting praised
>characters are a fucking joke
classic trio of beta protagonist which makes it up with his chose one luck, pure blood poor guy and smartass diverse girl; rival that is a fucking joke to the points he has goons; antagonist is the most evil person and also obsessed with the protagonist; school divides in 3 sections: good teachers, bad teachers and people
>the government is always bad
book 7 changed nothing: ministery either didn't give a fuck, didn't help or actively tried to fuck em up
>muh social fighting:
protagonist has no parents, step parents hate him and he's rich but doesn't want to use his money; friends are mostly discriminated people and one of them is basically his second family (obviously the pure one, not the diverse one); ALL bad guys are elite or rich; blood=race

At the end of the day, yes, the books are the not-so-hidden dream of any braindead leftist

Attached: SatanPotter.jpg (1508x2100, 922K)

Unironically Harry Potter (books and movies) are great until the Prisoner of Azkaban. Afterward it goes down to shit.

This makes quite a lot of sense, great post user! I think the self-insertion thing is a big part of it.

Attached: 2B62876A-C8C2-4E11-875B-DA550267DC93.png (1000x1000, 594K)

jim butcher's dresden files is ABSOLUTE CRINGEFEST, but i agree with you about the magic and almost mentioned it in my post. he at least attempts to describe why/why not [magic spell] will work in a certain situation or not and uses words to paint a picture as to how performing the spell is affecting Dresden's concentration/will power/whatever.

Like you said, it is easy to write yourself into a corner in making magic TOO powerful because then every other situation is like , well why didn't they just [fill in the blank]. The fucking time turner is the biggest offender in the HP series and it essentially invalidates the entire third book and creates plot holes for the entire franchise. All I'm asking for is for just at least some effort into explaining the magic like Butcher does, it doesn't even have to be good. but with HP we get nothing.

Judging is fine when you are judging evil acts. You don’t even understand the true meaning of that verse just like every liberal who uses it.

There’s a difference between fictionalized magic and witchcraft, which is cursed by God under penalty of death.

The only thing worse than witchcraft is pushing witchcraft on children.

Not an argument imbecile.

There's a harry potter thread
There's a warhammer 40k thread
both of you faggots like imaginary bullshit, that's the answer

DEH!

Attached: 1514595537487.png (500x332, 125K)

I liked Harry Potter. But just like Albus Dumbledore said
>Don't use quotes from books that I'm in to push a liberal agenda.

everyone wants to feel special, duhhhhhhhhhh
reading these things make people on both sides feel the tingles
duhhhhhhhhhhhh

Wasted digits

The point of the thread is to discuss the appeal of a particular series among those of a certain political disposition. Not quite MUH FANDOM

I always thought Harry Potter was for faggots, even when I was a kid.

Kek that moment always stuck out to me too, it was like a L'Oreal ad

Except Tolkien stated many times that he hated allegory. Let the fucker rest in peace instead of redefining the meaning of his works you fucking mutt.

>jim butcher's dresden files is ABSOLUTE CRINGEFEST

Gave up on it after 2 or 3 books, where he started hanging around with a black russian, a jap, whatever...i could see it coming, pizza pie of multiculturalism. I'm often worried that when reading fiction, i'm being propagandized too, i think it's also that the propaganda has pozzed them, and they are just shitting out what they think is right.

Hard to find fiction that doesn't have some slant to it. Future stuff maybe.

science fiction is even worse because you have the freedom to create whatever wild ridiculous scenario you can imagine. besides WH40K, every science fiction story is a degenerate multiracial, multispecies orgy of leftism

fun fact, we all finger ourselves to slytherin fanfiction. we just pretend were left wing in public to avoid the thought police. thats how come trump and the conservatives won
smell our fingers tell me im lying

Dresden doesnt get overpowered to the point of boring? seriously?

Most sci-fi series start out decent, then eventually gets corrupted by the plague of post-modernism, just look at Halo and Star Wars.

Well he does get a lot more power, but the challenges he faces scale with him. If winter knight dresden had to face the shadowman or loup garou he would have probably zero problems. But now he has to face larger and larger threats in accordance with that power. Which is honestly the best way to deal with a character's level of power increasing. Make it like a hedonic treadmill.

Honestly I really didn't mind sanya or Hiro. Hiro dies in the exact same book and Sanya basically dsoen't act like a black person at all. There's no point where he starts rapping about watermelon arizona and how his boy Treyvon dindu nuffin. He just kind of acts like a big dumb piece of muscle who only really does good things because he gets placed into circumstances via literal divine intervention that make it possible. Which is kind of funny considering the fact that he considers himself agnostic while simultaneously being a fist of god, which is routinely made fun of later. The only other token diversity character I can think of is Butters

Pls no bully, I don't exactly get why it's cringy

Attached: 1535573008604.gif (273x253, 1.99M)

Man early halo was damn good, 4 and 5 suck donkey dick obviously but still.

i used to really love them but the threats are so large now its turning into a simon r green book

youtube.com/watch?v=3owSSPoTdaE

I hope this is a larp

I mean, it makes sense considering how the series is supposed to end.

The numbers....
I guess it's the truth,will still smell fingers if the offer stands.