Jow Forums will defend this

Attached: 1525577231142.png (502x841, 327K)

>software "engineer"
Being a code monkey isn't much better than being a bus driver.

At least people are constantly thanking the bus driver now.

Sounds like a dope gig after having to stare at a fucking screen for god knows how long.
Good for him.

he is 66

>Age 66

How'd that social security work out for ya, boomer.

shit i take the SD MTS all the time, maybe ill see this guy and talk him off. any other SD bros perhaps met this guy?

Oh no, poor boomer. Fuck him

BUT MUH INDIANS ARE DECENT PEEPUL!
EVEN SOME OF THEM ARE (PRETEND TO BE) BASED!

>thanks God I'm not staring at a screen all day!
>...
>stares at a road all day

Attached: agriculture.jpg (720x561, 76K)

That happens in the US? I thought that was a British thing.

People should die at 60. Save your money, then retire at 55, knowing you will die at 60 so you can retire and plan to just last until then. Then you are taken out back and shot. No reason to keep people alive, sucking up resources until they are 107 years old. Just kill 'em! All our problems would be gone if everyone got put down at 60.

And trees, people, buildings, stores and rapists like you.

>Boomer finally becomes so out of touch with technology he can't bullshit his job anymore
>In typical boomer fashion he has no savings despite previously making well over six figures because he expected the money to just keep coming in

and why am I supposed to feel bad

But he was going to start saving next year, I promise!

Lol "management"

At least now he is providing a service with value

does he know Cobol? Any legacy programming languages? I doubt he couldn't find work, just refuses to move...

what

¿You think only brits thank people for a service?

he's probably a manager for so long he has no coding skill left

Considering he was probably replaced by some street shitter on a H1B visa, I will absolutely not defend it. The people running companies that do this should be gassed.

>be old guy
>stuck in your ways
>dev experience older than 10 years becomes obsolete in most cases
>refuse to move outside your city because you fell for the mortgage meme
>still believes in the salaryman working for big name company meme
>would rather be a bus driver than do contract work, like a lot of devs do
>baww why cant I find a job

this.

I am a software "engineer" in the defense industry - if this dude knows anything that would have been relevant 30 years ago, he'd easily find shit now. They don't re-write missile systems.

also "manager"

Don't forget to thank the bus driver.

Agriculture is what allowed humans to progress beyond the stone age

Attached: 1505687835859.jpg (325x499, 39K)

>implying san diego, and all of california, doesn't have the most kino drive in the lower 48

also, he probably makes more as a bus driver, since high earners get taxed to hell in California

probably got a fat ass pension too like most public employees

Attached: San-Diego-2-678x381.jpg (678x381, 44K)

>hire a gorillion pajeets to create spaghetti code for $10/hr
>"why are there no jobs?!?"
I'm actually in favor of this because it hurts the same liberal elites that shill for unlimited immigration under the guise of "but who will pick the fruit?" I hope more of them lose their jobs. They deserve a taste of their own medicine.

Attached: 1335485924354.gif (650x450, 48K)

He's not going to be seeing that, he's just going to be going around nig infested shitholes.

>59 year old
>66
So is he 59 or 66?

Either way finding a job that pays above minimum wage is tough. That's why I prefer to just leech off the government and collect autismbux.

Fuck this society. Smoke weed errday.

Attached: hehehehee.png (509x753, 410K)

>also, he probably makes more as a bus driver, since high earners get taxed to hell in California

That's not how math works you fucking mouth breather

As a software developer myself, it's likely because he didn't adapt with newer languages and technologies. My friend's father went from making $140k a year in the 90's, to struggling to make $50k. He hustled his fucking ass off, learned data science, and it back to making his original amount. Not to mention he works all from his house and lives very modestly. He is very comfortable.

>This Bus Driver Became President of His Country After Being Laid Off

Attached: mad.jpg (879x461, 64K)

it's just a funny comic buddy don't get too autistic
jeez

It became a meme due to fortnite so americans unironically started doing it.
The true elitist method is thanking the train conductor.

not too many dindus in san diego, except maybe the ghetto in the skyline area

he probably sees spics, rich boomers, and tourists

not a bad gig 3bh

He probably couldn't keep up with the tech, or refused to.

found the Obama voter

how does it work, then, genius

tell us

>Jow Forums would defend outsourcing american jobs to poos
fucking brainlet

My 'manager' is a literal paper pusher, this guy is probably the same case
>Doesn't know industry standards
>Doesn't know how to use our software tools
>Doesn't know how to design or write technical reports
>Good talker at meetings, but falls back on his engineers for anything slightly technical
Would probably retire if he lost his job, because nobody with a brain would hire him.

Also I find it hilarious that Jow Forums is filled with worthless dregs of society who think their ignorant opinions have any value
This guy has literally never paid taxes in his life

>66
Isnt he suppose to retire by that age already?

>After two years of submitting more than 300 applications for tech jobs, with only an occasional face-to-face interview, the then 59-year-old Middleton became convinced his age was a hindrance. He would hear feedback like “You’re overqualified” and “We can’t pay you what you’re used to.”

>As money grew tighter, house payments were missed and 401(k) savings were exhausted, he took minimum wage jobs at Target and Walmart and tried his hand at income tax preparation. On a whim, he applied for a job as a bus driver — and was hired, now earning less than half his once six-figure salary.

he's a boomer, i bet he told his children that they have no excuses and that the job market is the best ever and that making money is easy if you just work hard 1 year before he lost his job.

This is how you know you're talking to children.

It can be mentally stimulating work. Furthermore, you're probably getting paid very well. It's one of the few jobs that pay very well and don't necessarily require a college education. I failed in college, learned Python, and found a job that started at $28/hr with full benefits.

Attached: DJIaX03XgAAH6mn.jpg (666x360, 44K)

The problem is that once you move to management, it's a completely different job. And they're usually plucked from jobs that require a different set of skills. It's why so many managers suck.

I think I can self-employ as a consultant if I was laid off, because of my technical skills, but I'm not sure I can keep up those skills over the next 25+ years. Or effectively market myself for that matter.

The bus drivers where I live make $80,000 a year + full benefits + county pension. I make $120,000 right now (lead dev), and would gladly take the pay cut, thank you very much.

Let's say the tax rate is a 10% if you earn $10k, 20% if you earn 20k and over, and 30% for 30k. Let's say you made $35k in one year. For the first 10k you get taxed at 10%, for the second 10k you get taxed at 20%, and for the last $15k you get taxed at 30%. You never lose money by getting into a higher tax bracket.

Are you investing your money in anything smart? I lived in the cheapest place I could find when I started out, and put all of my money into a deck refinishing business. Spent all of my time pirating marketing courses and learning. Boring businesses like that are good investments if you're aggressive, since the majority of people who own these kinds of businesses are casual guys in their 50's-60's who have no idea how to market themselves. Any kind of "boring" business is worth considering.... it's the least sexy ones that are the least competitive and make the most money. I have a buddy who has a tile refinishing company who recoats tile floors in bathrooms, hallways, and office highrises around the loop in Chicago overnight when no one is there, and he's charging ~$5k per night of services, about 60% of that is profit. A few nights of work a week. Do the math.

In the shitty liberal college city at our state's capital, there's a union bus driver who made $135k last year because he worked 10 hours of overtime per week. You can make more money driving a bus than you can doing other shit if you're lucky enough to get the job. Because it's public sector union shit, of course.

UNION bus driver = $$$

Bus driver can be enraging work if you have to deal with Los Angeles level conflict. Also I went through skid row on the bus once and a hobo got on the bus and spat on the bus driver.

I used to live on that street. California will be worse than mexico in a decade or two.

I am a bus

I would take my time to explain why this is a good thing if it was Jow Forums and I wasn't trip fagging. Majority of you folks wouldn't understand why.

That’s why I work for the gov. They literally cant fire me

defend what faggot. bus drivers make good money and have benefits

This is the direct result of H1B (which is the devil and should be stopped immediately).

Pol is not a person, first off, but if it were, replacing this guy with an off the boat mowglee would certainly not be supported

NYC subway conductors wear goggles for that very reason, it’s incredibly common. And it doesn’t happen on the Upper East Side and Park Slope.

>think

We know you certainly dont

Maybe he fucking sucked at his job? I have met a plenty of worthless fucktards in IT.

Fuck. Lived in NYC my whole life and I never knew that's what the goggles are for.

Why are you triggered fat boy?

Why don’t they have google glass installed in the drivers seat?

how's that life-time of student debt and a future of the Apocalypse only working out for you, youngster?

wrong, it's' 30.
but you get a Chance to regenerate, or run.

because your future earnings are constitutionally mandated to be 1//10th of boomer prosperity

WTF I'm almost out of college as a Software Engineer too, did I fucked up choosing this career?

This is my biggest fear. This recently happened to me and even though I'm still young enough to bounce back there's always the possibility it'll happen to me when I'm in my 50s. I'm seriously thinking of starting my own business, I just need to figure out what.

>did I fucked up choosing this career?
No, because most likely - if you ever get into the US - you'd be the one replacing that guy for less pay.

Maybe he likes driving a bus? Software engineering has become a meme field?

I'm a little more concerned that we even know this happened.
Imagine getting laid off from a company that you worked at for a long time, getting a job as a bus driver, then having some overpaid Jew write an article about you so retards can laugh at you.

American boomer bisqwit when?

Joke's on you. I didn't accumulate debt by going to a "prestigious", overpriced, Marxist university and don't owe you shit.

Did the same with property maintenance

Shit happens. My mom worked for MCI and lost $400,000 in her 401k when they went bankrupt and then she had to work at Eddie Bauer for a year. It was a pay cut of almost 100k in early 2000's dollars. If he's worth his salt he won't give up.

Lol, no thanks, I'd rather take jobs from retarded boomers, like yourself. Turns out unsteady hands, poor eyesight, and shitty attitudes arnt appealing to modern companies. Turns out playing with toys coated in led wasn't such a great thing.

Attached: 7df9d848b6870b9e678ebf14a44e97e55e7b8dc3c65b51ab2ba5dec6eb7e2dd6-min-300x197.jpg (300x197, 18K)

>Buddy spent 5 years getting his masters in economics
>Spent an additional two years getting a second masters in finance
>Spent 6 years working in finance
>Quit his job and became a truck driver

He had enough saved up from those 6 years to live a comfortable life, even with the shit salary of a truck driver. Never seen him happier than he is now.

Attached: 1531885264380.jpg (480x480, 16K)

>make over 100k per year for a decade or longer
>Lose job at 59
>Can't retire because no savings because boomer
>Still working at 66

How much do boomers need to make per year to retire? $500,000? For how long? Kek

They're boomers. Wasting money so that their children end up with nothing is their trademark.

If in 66 years he didn't make enough money to retire, and didn't create his own business, he's a fucking moron

Contract work doesn't offer 401k or health insurance which is a big deal at 60

Is school free there? I had a few European professors with double doctorates since they basically became career academics

We have both state funded universities and private universities. State funded are fine if you want a STEM degree. If you're going into business, the private unis are far superior.

The friend I talked about was approximately $60k down the hole in student debt after his first masters. Then a financial firm approached him and offered to pay for him to take another masters in finance, as well as erase his previous debt. In return he had to sign a contract which tied him to their firm a minimum of 5 years.

Code monkeys don't even come close to making what they were 15 years ago. I know a guy that was a c++ programmer and he was banking $600,000 a year. Don't know anyone making that these days. The market has become diluted with sub par programmers.

>he market has become diluted
This is true about every job everywhere. Make too much? Sorry, it's better to bring in two Indians who will make combined 2/3 of what you do.

Hillary Clinton, is that you?

Attached: 1494388528052m.jpg (1024x747, 258K)

Hell, EVERY entry level "analyst" job these days requires YEARS of programming exp or knowing a SPECIFIC software program and it's the languages/programs that the schools never teach.

Huh?
People thank bus drivers all the time in canada

(((Weisberg)))

I know someone who drives a bus. Great benefits flexible hours. It's great for people who want something to do but aren't necessarily hirable like this dude he's too old to be a software engineer.

>still has a job
>this is a bad thing

Maybe he should pull himself up by his bootstraps and give a firm handshake.

Attached: 1515876743227.jpg (328x466, 26K)

There is a huge shortage of experienced programmers in the US. Low level programmers are cheaper to hire overseas usually, but experienced engineers to work in house are wanted virtually everywhere. If this guy has decades of experience in the industry the only reason he couldn't get a job is probably because he didn't stay caught up and everything he knows is now 20+ years out of date. If you're not continually improving yourself and learning new technologies you will not be able to stay active in this field. Age is no excuse either, I work alongside guys in their 60s who spend their free time brushing up on the latest certifications.

That or he was just really shit at his job and relied on making himself indispensable to whatever system he maintained to avoid being fired.

Probably a DOS programmer or Basic.

Yes it can.

It would have to be that old, cause even stuff from the 80s and 90s still has demand in lots of big medical and financial systems. A buddy of mine works at an insurance company whose core system is written in cobol and they are always hungry for cobol devs which are harder to find that unicorns because most of them don't want to be found, since it would mean having to work in cobol.

What's wrong with being a bus driver?

Attached: smiling frogs.jpg (1600x900, 146K)

Jow Forums hates the H1B program are you kidding me?