Half the Viking population were refugees

New analysis of the remains of 38 people who lived and died in the town of Sigtuna during the 10th, 11th and 12th century reveals high genetic variation and a wide scale migration and multiculturalism.

Sigtuna is well known as one of the earliest actual cities in the area and was formally founded around 980 AD. More unknown is the fact that the picturesque town, which today is home to around 10 000 people, was a distinctly cosmopolitan place back then. Researchers at Stockholm university, in cooperation with Uppsala University, Middle Eastern Technical University in Turkey, the British Geological Survey in the UK, and Curt-Engelhorn-Zentrum Archäometrie in Germany, have analyzed the remains of 38 individuals from six different burial sites in Sigtuna. The analysis is based on a combination of methods from archeology and osteology, including DNA analysis and Strontium analysis of the teeth (isotope and level of Strontium in teeth varies depending of where the individual lived in their youth). The results are clear: around half the population of Viking age Sigtuna originated from outside Mälardalen.

Roughly half of the individuals examined grew up in or around the Sigtuna area. The other half is equally divided in to regional immigrants (from southern Scandinavia, Norway and Denmark) and long-distance immigrants from further away: the British Isles, Ukraine, Africa, Middle East, Lithuania, northern Germany and other parts of central Europe.

The idea of pure native Swedish people is a myth, there has always been migrants in Sweden says Anders Götherström, one of the leaders of the ATLAS-project in which this study was conducted.

su.se/english/research/research-news/half-the-population-of-the-viking-town-sigtuna-were-migrants-1.397433
cell.com/current-biology/fulltext/S0960-9822(18)30844-3

Attached: swedish vikings 5.jpg (1200x675, 204K)

And most of them were slavs.

Firstly: they've analyzed a very small amount of graves. There are over 800 ancient graves so far found in Sigtuna. They've analyzed the teeth found in 28 of those graves, meaning that the sample might not come close to being representative of the average person living in old Sigtuna.

Secondly, urbanization is something new. The overwhelming majority of people didn't live in cities but in small villages and farms. We're talking 99 or perhaps 98% of people living on the countryside. Immigrants, to the extent that they existed in Viking age Sweden, naturally concentrated themselves in cities. By specifically sampling city-dwellers you're naturally selecting for immigrants, nevermind the problem with the extremely small sample size.

Thirdly, not how they use the word "immigrant" or "migrant". They've defined "migrant", in this case, to mean "someone not from Mälardalen. Mälardalen is a small area in Sweden, meaning that it's very likely that many of those identified as "migrants" are actually still from modern-day Sweden. Many more of the migrants are from modern day Germany or England. The clever use of the word "migrant" or "immigrant" is meant to convey an entirely different mental image of what an "immigrant" is, of course.

The people behind the articles are terrible at statistics. In fact, just going by what's being stated in this research, it's actually not that unreasonable to assume that the overwhelming majority of people in Viking age Sweden was swedes and nothing else.

That the fact that a large portion of townspeople in Viking age Sweden was from other parts of northern Europe is being used today as an underhanded argument to promote non-european migration to Sweden today is of course massively retarded but will probably work on equally massively retarded people who unfortunately have the right to vote.

Ah, its another one of (((those))) threads
>there were some European non-swedes in Sweden
>so open your borders for the ever growing African population
>Sweden is a nation of immigrants
>we are the same n shieeeet

Same thing was in finnish news, 70% of foreigners were women, slaves or wives that were kidnspped during raids.

So I read up some more on this.

If these researchers wanted to be thorough and do their job properly (they didn't, they just wanted to spread propaganda) they would have analyzed AT LEAST 250 individuals to produce an accuracy rate of 95% (margin of error at 5%).

They did a full genome and isotope analysis on 16 individuals. 8 out of these were not native to Mälardalen. 4 were from other parts of Scandinavia, 4 were from other parts of Europe, meaning the islands in the north Atlantic (populated by scandinavians), England (populated by peoples very similar to scandinavians and the rest from eastern Europe, like Lithuania or something. It's kind of hard to read, I won't spend the time and energy trying to figure out whether he or she came from Ukraine or Lithuania or Bohemia because it's irrelevant.

I'm just so fucking mad at these soulless traitors, these spineless liars. Anders Götherström ought to be impaled on a spike and left to decompose.

They aren’t vikings, they are swedes.
Real Vikings would’ve eaten the refugees alive and raped every Jew in the country.

>when the study just happens to line up exactly what the political beliefs of the group who commissioned the study

I am getting real tired of this fuckery

Yes, slave's

wtf open the borders immediately we need afghan vikangz NOW!

Didn't you hear? STEM is based.

The primary issue with niggers and such is that they are incredibly inbred. The closer you get to Scandinavia, the less inbred the people are.

It does not matter if an inbred african has a child with an inbred asian or an inbred middle eastern. Even though they are genetically distinct from each other, the child will still be inbred. Those genes are destroyed forever.

Who the fuck cares?

The people exist whatever their makeup or past history. Why should they want to be replaced?

Protip: there is no justice, never has been, never will be. There's only live if you can.

wtf I hate borders now

see
>They did a full genome and isotope analysis on 16 individuals. 8 out of these were not native to Mälardalen
>4 were from other parts of Scandinavia, 4 were from other parts of Europe, meaning the islands in the north Atlantic (populated by scandinavians), England (populated by peoples very similar to scandinavians and the rest from eastern Europe, like Lithuania or something.

Quite possible they had greek/egyptian ancestry. Greeks are placed in ancient times in Pomerania by Helmold, Thidrekssaga, annales Pagaviensis, Widsith, and they are Gepides (name means Copts) who are incorrectly introduced as branch of Goths (they just mixed with dacian Getae) by Jordanes.

Greeks/Egyptians settled there because of Elcetron/Electrides (danish islands, also known as Glaesaria.)

Vikings took slaves from all over Europe, I thought we already knew that?

If you look at the paternal and maternal DNA in Iceland, for instance, you'll find that the men trace their DNA to Scandinavia while a significant amount of maternal DNA stems from Ireland

Yes Vicingi, (Wiciędzy) correct reading with C, were Slavs, in widsith, Wicingi are next to Wends, in Bavarian Geographer among groups of Slavs "that are everywhere, for example in Enisa near Rhine" there are mentioned Vizun Beire who in my opinion are Wiciędzy-Bojarzy (Vicingi-Bojars)
retard

This is fake news from start to finish. All you need to understand is that they defined anyone as an immigrant if they were not born in Sigtuna itself, by this definition even people from southern Sweden would have been immigrants.
Sigtuna was kind of a small center of trade and foreign relations at the time, if a few were immigrants it says little of the rest of the population.

Genetical studies show clearly there are Swedish/scandiavian traits, which is no surprise, as anyone with eyes can see the differences between peoples.

Stop spreading this kind of bullshit reporting.

WE WUZ VIKINGZ

>Hurr Durr, around 10th century Vikings were raping France and coming back with bastard sons with varying genetics. THEYRE REFUGEES.

More likely rapefugees.

Honestly, some of the shittiest bait I’ve ever seen. I don’t know why you have such a stake in Sweden’s elections, memeflag, but fake news certainly won’t deter the vote. now please, continue taking den störra svarta kuken i röven.

Good analysis but you wasted your time. Modern (((science))) is nothing but sophistry and lies to push an agenda. You can make a paper saying anything you want. The time for talk is over. Blood must be spilled. I personally am finding it less and less bearable to stand this stuff and feel like there must be many more who feel the same. 1488.

>your role models were multi-kulti like you today, goy! my (((scientific researches))) prove it! now buy onions and donate to refugee charity!

Attached: 1523805665427.jpg (332x363, 36K)