So there are people who complain about young people just hooking up or co-habitating these days...

So there are people who complain about young people just hooking up or co-habitating these days, yet the average price of a wedding is $25,000. Unless your rich, a middle or lower class guy and gal could never afford that. It is like they are literally pricing out weddings to only the rich. Can someone explain to me how an average wedding is 25,000 smackers?

Attached: pepe-st.jpg (306x306, 61K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Rlyr9yKPM7Q
money.cnn.com/2015/03/31/pf/prom-spending-poor/index.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Because you are not paying 25k to get married you are paying 25k for a party
You can get married without one

>Biblical Reasons Why I Support Marriage Licenses

youtube.com/watch?v=Rlyr9yKPM7Q

boomers are stupid faggots who assume prices and wages are the same as in the 70s

why do you need to spend 25k to get married?

so God might show up retard

Attached: 1522208246882.jpg (576x432, 21K)

You don't.
The license is ~$10
Give a Justice of the Peace a six pack for performing the ceremony.
>you married now, boy

>don't forget to take the license back to the county clerk to be recorded...

My sisters wedding was $150k.

Fucking Greeks.

>call a church
>arriage a date
>only invite your family and closest friends
>have reception at your house
Boom saved you $24,700 dollars

isn't just holding a wedding at a church gonna be several thousand?

>You don't.
>The license is ~$10
>Give a Justice of the Peace a six pack for performing the ceremony.
>>you married now, boy
You unmarried phone poster. Women will never allow this because it is low/zero status. All women crave status.

depends on the church

Dont marry a materialist whore
Also her father pays so who gives a shit

l2read bro

OP was asking how the AVERAGE wedding is so high

basically, "are only rich people getting married"

My local neighborhood church, like most, would do it for free. Obviously you have to buy a suit and dress (maybe get a musician too) but that’s it

>"are only rich people getting married"
No because there are plenty of retards who can spend 25k on a wedding even though its not a good idea

>Poor families spend $600 more on prom than wealthier ones

money.cnn.com/2015/03/31/pf/prom-spending-poor/index.html

Only degenerates think the average cost of a wedding justifies cohabitation and licentiousness. You fuckwits taint any mode of tradition you touch and then bitch about how leftists are destroying the country and we need to return to traditional mores. Fuck you.
>t. Paid $5k cash for wedding last month

I'm a minister. If my faith doesnt matter to you. I can marry you anywhere in the US for nothing.

my marriage cost $25 at the city court. Then we went to the park for some photos.

>Dont marry a materialist whore
>Also her father pays so who gives a shit
good luck with that

>>Dont marry a materialist whore
There are plenty of good girls out there
>>Also her father pays so who gives a shit
that is how it is traditionally done

Most are $300-$1000 range for church in midwest outside of major cities

Ask for money from any attendees or just don’t have one faggot. Whites r stupid niggers that don’t know how to make money off a wedding.

>>>Also her father pays so who gives a shit
>that is how it is traditionally done
I thought dowry was traditional, where the father paid you to take his problems. Now it's blown on dumb shit.

>I thought dowry was traditional,
It is but so is the father paying for the wedding

Hah!!!! I wouldn't go to my best fuckin' friend's wedding if it charge me to attend it. I had to buy some clothing for one, and I was involved in the ceremony. That's as far as I'll ever go. But if I'd of had to pay a fee? Fuck you. KEK, I do say, fuck you.
Do you know what's even better than paying for someone's wedding? Your mother is a whore.

>It is but so is the father paying for the wedding
I think the difference is women today have a say in how the money is spent. Democracy was a mistake.

>Democracy was a mistake
Only when it was extended beyond white men who owned property.

>Democracy was a mistake.
Yes but that still doesnt mean you need to marry a trashy woman

Attached: 89F08886-E209-4514-BEF9-5EAEF7325BD6.jpg (480x360, 34K)

>average wedding is 25k
Holy hell you are a fucking schmuck m8. Please tell me you're not a millennial.

Attached: ClqOAtWWAAAdUSr.jpg (1200x600, 102K)

Did you know that preacher of the Universal Life Church are explicitly banned from performing marriages in NC?

why is that?

Damnit Carlos!

thus, in an attempt to curtail promiscuity, we have raised the ideal of marriage to unattainable heights

lol. Jesus.
>get in car with fiance
>drive to town hall
>file marriage license
>get married fifteen minutes later
>the only people you and your wife invited were each other
>it cost next to nothing and inconvenienced no one
>feels infinitely personal than throwing an insanely expensive party you can't afford because your delusional, overentitled future ex wife always dreamed about her special day
>her
>not your

If you're actually avoiding getting married because you can't afford a big wedding, don't get married. Not now, not to whomever you're dating. Marriage is for you and your wife. It's not some entitled whore's "special day" and everything doesn't need to be perfect. The day is supposed to be special for both of you. It's no one else's business. No one else even need be involved.

And never, ever marry a woman who dreams about parading herself in front of everyone she knows in a designer wedding dress that costs thousands of dollars and everything is just perfect and everyone is jealous and she's the best and it's her perfect day and blah blargitty blah blah fucks the best man behind your back blah

You might as well just hand her half your money and go about your business.

Attached: FuckinBean.png (398x539, 201K)

so basically, let marriage have no social aspect whatsoever

have you ever seen an indian wedding? it lasts a week.
yet for some reason we desire something so insignificant we dont even invite our parents, as if marriage is some sort of mark of shame.

If you have a 25k wedding you're doing it for the wrong reasons and you've already surrendered yr balls to the woman. Have some self respect. Shouldn't run more than 5-10k - if she demands more either her parents can pay for it like in the good old days or she can gtfo

I got married in Vegas for like 50 bucks, + $30 for paperwork.

plenty of women elope
my wife refused to let me buy her a diamond ring so we could make a deposit on our home.
we had a small wedding ceremony w/ JP in the backyard of the house we bought
we had a pig roast some sides, a keg and a friend decorated a cake
no tux , store bought dress
no honeymoon
$400 total

>if she demands more either her parents can pay for
If i had to pay one penny of my own I would considered an insult and not marry her