Why wont young people join the trades?

you can make as much as a college educated professional these days if not more

Attached: 9f4f85126cf8c81211f4bafff3e956d8.jpg (720x756, 125K)

Other urls found in this thread:

aliexpress.com/item/Anime-girls-Art-auto-darkening-welding-helmet-KM1600/32323005851.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

overheard a fat dyed hair chick and a lanky manlet talking about this at my college
they knew the pay was equally good but they were afraid of one thing
manual labor
America is in some trouble if they're afraid of lifting this with the mechanical advantages of today

no fucking way. well, works for me. i just got my first MIG job at $14/hour.

It's for plebs like you

>be me
>live with parents
>get lamborghini gallardo financed
>in 5 years ill have my lamborghini paid off and move to indiana and get a higher paying job where land is cheap
>ill have a lambo and a house by the time im 25

Yes, patricians like us get Women's History majors, six figure student loan debts, and a job at Starbucks.

It's hard work, people don't want to be on painkillers when they're 45 or drinking themselves to death after work.

Pls stop this meme. People that grow up in poor plebby households like me, typically end up the the poor plebby factory and trade jobs. Kids with professionals for parents tend to follow that path to college. Also, location matters. A skill that can pay bills in Pittsburgh isn't going to get you far in, say, Las Vegas.

That's why no one does it. That pay is 3rd world tier.

That being said, college is a meme and very expensive. I'm studying to be an accountant, and I have to do a whole extra year of school just to take the certification exam to actually get a good job. It's bullshit and I'm considering just dropping out halfway through and switching to trade. The most I'll make is like $70k a year as an accountant anyway.

>Move to Indiana

Enjoy your misery.

Your picture explains it all.

For decades parents and teachers have been telling their kids trades are dirty work for poor people.

>Move to Indiana
>Get stuck by meth needle on side of road
>get hiv
>die of aids

Yup, sounds like the life.

this. my welding cert cost $5k. just do a trade.
not all trades will do that to you. be a machinist or something
thats for someone who just starts out with no exp. and it adds up when a 60-70 hour workweek plus overtime is common
good choice. youll make that in the trades when youre a few years in.
i grew up there. i love it and homes are dirt cheap. you can have a 1950s lifestyle up there easy

it used to be that way to some extent but now its the opposite. safety standards have increased and so has pay. supply and demand has devalued college to an extreme. the millionaires of the future will be gen z and millennial tradesmen

>Capenters, Welders, Plumbers, Electrictians etc aren't professionals
You're retarded, and still live with your parents.
Graduate highschool then post here.

People don't want to get into trades because they have been told their whole life they are shit jobs that they don't want to do. They are told to get office jobs so they don't "beat up their bodies"
It's also ACTUAL work, and millenials hate working.

Because they’re lazy weaklings. Skilled trade isn’t hard. Nope.
I swear some of these faggots lifting a fifty pound bag three or four times throughout the day is back breaking labor to them. It’s like they’re an old woman or something. And they will be someday. Just as much people that have hoist up that 400 times a day and kill their body, so does sitting in your flabby ass make old age a nightmare just the same.
I don’t want to shit on you user, thats better than McRonalds money, and I’m glad you’re making, but you’re worth more than that. Don’t settle for that pay forever.

if you dont "beast up your body" youll just wind up an obese, bald fucker and have heart problems. pick your poison i guess. id rather be skinny and have a sore back than be a fat piece of shit no woman would touch

I'm a millwright and I don't consider myself a professional. It's just a dirty fucking job.

Its not a problem outside of gary or Indy

i wont. im only doing it to pay off my lambo and get some years under my belt so i have some bargaining power when i get a better job in indiana. i live in illinois and i will never buy land here. too pricey

Takes 5 years to do that. If it doesn't pay off, that's 5 years I'll never get back. I don't like to gamble like that.

because the young have become weak and spoiled
trades and agriculture build a nation. we should aspire to take control of these industries.

Attached: woe.jpg (500x559, 85K)

ugh. gary is the biggest ghetto on planet earth. it extends well into illinois. its a multi state wide nigger central. im going to fort wayne where i grew up. its heaven

I have carpentry experience working with cabinets, and its great work and pays very well, but its simply not my goal. I love to teach and between the two Id rather have a job I enjoy than one that pays well.

Considering just teaching carpentry but cucks require a degree.

(((degree))) dont do it. not for that.

also carpentry is fun. im not good at it but you can save a fuckton of money building and fixing your own shit

I'd be a welder but even with modern glass I've heard your eyes go to shit. Any truth to that?

Attached: 1535584718486.png (1508x892, 171K)

Absolutely, I'm working on building my little sister a dresser that doubles as a seat with outlet access.

I think you just need to be good at your trade, and then probably start your own business.

If you kinda suck then nobody wants to pay you much and you can't build enough of a reputation to run your own business.

tl;dr: git good

not if you get a decent helmet and use the right shade setting.
cool. its a great way to bond with your kids. if the good lord ever grants me a wife id love to teach my kids everything i know.
this. pay is a meritocracy. how you do on your test determines your pay. a welder can make anywhere from $10 to $30 an hour depending on how well he does.

Get a real welding mask and not some chinese shit.

>In 5 years I'll move to the middle of nowhere with my fast car. Driving down those American roads with the 65 mph speed limit. Yeah, that'll show the haters.

Kek

>anywhere from $10 to $30
I make far more than 30 bucks per hour. It's still a pleb job for uneducated idiots. You'll see.

Welding lmao.

$15 an hour MAYBE for 70 hour weeks in a dark ass fuck room.

I love my body and soul more than that.

FUCK YOU 30 year old boomer piece of shit.

thats $4200 a month.

>Fuck your health and time, make an average income for working your life away you goy!

I just started an apprenticeship in carpentry, any advice?

>get into six figures of (((debt))) you cant default on to work for more or less the same amount of money, goy

Why do blue-collar jobs when you can make automation that makes said jobs obselete? Then we can re-train said people to repair the automation so they still have a job.

practice and get good at what you do. you can also start a business and make shit like furniture for people. i made my own furniture once and you can make money if its good quality

>gallardo
Why do faggots try so hard? You are literally compensating. I can own a ferrari too. A Mondial sure but it's still a 'rarri now where's da pussy??

you cant make trade jobs obsolete outside of assembly line manufacturing. ive seen the so called "automated" machines and they are incredibly stupid. they need to be supervised by a master so they dont cut themselves in half. protip: if you want to guarantee that a robot wont replace you become a welding inspector

>implying every college is ivy league expensive
>implying loans are the only way of paying
Besides, those degrees more than pay for themselves

Am I doing good Jow Forums?

Attached: 20161101_002129.jpg (2656x1494, 1.24M)

dude look at a mondial and a gallardo and tell me which youd rather get into if you were a bitch

What a wise investment.

holy shit i love it. i wonder if they make a swastika one
CHECKED. But id rather have a cool car than anything else

Good luck finding a wife that isn't complete and utter shit.

You gotta be chad tier genetics to treat your body like that.

Then if you want kids let me tell you your wife better be a protestant and a cock sleeve or you'll die of a heart attack in your early 40's

would i be better off adopting a kid? better than letting a fag get him

Joining a trade is a horror in Poland.
The sheer amount of drunks and bullying makes anyone remotely intelligent seek something else, I guess it's just the legacy of communism.

gatekeeped by boomers and illegals

Not a legacy of communism but the fact that only stupid people choose craft anywhere in the world

thats a meme. the employers are desperate for qualified people. and unlike white collar jobs and politics boomers will be well out of the way within a decade

the problem in america is that theres too many highly educated eggheads which drove down their wages and not enough quality tradesmen

bullshit

boomers refuse to train and refuse to pay a decent wage
why do all that shit when you can show paco the basics for a few bucks and make bank

I just recently tried plumbing - tried to pay me 10 an hour for a job 45 minutes away, no overtime. Was informed i'd need 500$ dollars worth of tools, on top of being in Florida. Wasnt worth it. I got a job working inside for the same amount. I understand i won't learn some trade that might pay out in the end, but i'm also not damaging my body (all those guys had back problems)

So boomer, what do we do?

Because the trades don't tell people you eat avocado toast.

>join a trade
>in a non-right to work state
lolno

Because I'm already close to getting my accounting major & don't want to have three years go to waste by instead going for a trade.

You undersell yourself, sir
A tradesman is a professional of another sort.

>Not spreading your own genetics.
Adopt on the side if you want to, but your own flesh & blood come first.

If you are good, you can make a lot more than that. Around here, CPAs start out at $90,000 per year, controllers and CFOs make decent money.

As as 20 y/o who has been in the trades since I was 16, fuck the trades, if you have the opportunity to do something better than you should absolutely take it. Yes, you can make good money working in the trades, but at the cost of your own health and time.

You will work long tedious hours in the summer when everyone else is out on vacation. Your joints and back will constantly be sore, you will never have clean clothes and barely have energy to do anything after a full day of work.

"My father was a cobbler, and my mother could not read." -John Adams
See, life is too short- have a kid, tell him to try and be educated, but not on Gender Studies, but rather why tradesmen and white collar work participate in an ecosystem that relies on collaboration and cooperation of both for a healthy society.

Where did you get that? I’m dying to dragged back into HR for edgy shit.

I have worked in a lot of different trades, and you just need to make sure you find something that you enjoy and that pays well. Some of the hardest and most stressful work I have ever done was on an Industrial concrete crew and I honestly didn't make close to enough for the intensity of labor that it is. I've made more working for an old framer who just wanted an extra hand who just did residential.

All about who you work for and ideally, you should be running your own company once you gain experience, none of the trades are hard, its just labor.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 205K)

Legit, its true.

Im stuck med school because i really want to he a doc, but dont shit yourselfs. If youre not a smart ass stay the fuck out of univerisities, you just make it harder for everyone else...

It's a big problem. You can be an underwater welder who had an apprenticeship and is now comfortably earning six figures and still be looked down upon by barista's barely pulling minimum wage because you didn't have an "education".

There was a time when an education was something you got to become a lawyer or a doctor, not a status symbol you flaunted around while being a useless waste of space barely better than a FOB Arab turned welfare queen.

>For decades parents and teachers have been telling their kids trades are dirty work for poor people.
This. Shit like "get a good degree or else you'll end up a plumber".

This. A good education is worth its weight in gold, but a bad education is worse than no education. If I had a kid of course I'd prefer him to get a medical degree and become a doctor, but I'd rather raise an uneducated welder than an "educated" gender studies major.

Same if I were hiring in a company. No degree is a bad thing, but a gender studies degree would make me think "this girl is a lawsuit waiting to happen". A degree in English literature would make me think "frivolous piece of shit who wastes money".

the thing with trade is starting your own business
if you you work for someone your whole life you can slave off
but if you are good with your hands and can fix stuff it will first of all reduce costs everywhere with your car,house etc.
second of all you can do finer things people from other countries will pay a lot
just don't be retarded and it's gucci
Many developed countries have such shortage on trades people,Japan for example
it's so easy to find shit there and you can basically live in the suburb
college is a meme

Attached: 1533605468919.jpg (500x640, 61K)

also you really have to enjoy it
crafting things seeing your work actually creating something
I couldn't slave off at a desk typing and watching numbers and calculating
id kill myself

Attached: 1533613845263.jpg (1536x2048, 381K)

The reason i'm not looking at doing trades is because realistically the retirement age will be into the 70s by the time I get there, so it's stupid to pigeon hole yourself into something you'll struggle to still keep doing into your 60s.

>realistically the retirement age will be into the 70s by the time I get there
Realistically the welfare state will be bankrupt by the time you get to retirement age. You either arrange your own retirement plan or you're going to starve just like all the other welfare dependent leeches.

thiiiiiiiiiiiis
can't be more truth
don't even plan on the state supporting you when you're old lmao

Attached: 1533052631787.png (706x1000, 443K)

>all illegals
lol

that was just an image I found on google. The crew I worked on was actually mostly white, though the foreman was born in Mexico and here legally, just didn't get paid enough for that type of fast paced back straining labor.

being a welder is pretty much the most cucked trade, welders are already getting replaced by spics

I'm just mad that over here even the lowest income brackets pay 36% income taxes. The whole social contract here is that we pay exorbitant taxes for good public services, yet our budget is running at a deficit and our state debt incredibly high (though admittedly far from Greece tier). This means that sooner or later the system WILL go bankrupt and these stupid high taxes only make it more difficult to build up a buffer or create your own retiremant plan because almost half will disappear into the black hole that is the modern welfare state. Female suffrage was a mistake.

What's a first world country with low income taxes? The only one I can think of is switzerland (at 12% I think?).

Become an electrician. No heavy lifting once you become a journeyman. That's helper/ apprentice work. Journeymen just sit back and tell the apprentices what to do.

Attached: 1494116713780.gif (350x300, 51K)

Also, electricians are the most well-paid of all the trades

aliexpress.com/item/Anime-girls-Art-auto-darkening-welding-helmet-KM1600/32323005851.html
Unfortunately it says "item no longer available". Sorry. There's probably similar stuff out there if you look around a bit.

Welder/fabricator here. Lovin' every minute on the job.

Shutup faggot thats why youll always be poor

There’s more education that goes into diving alone than into a useless gender studies degree. Baristas can fuck off back into their lane

>tfw EMEC in a school with numerous work study partnerships
>and the government's paying for it

Attached: 1518406377185.jpg (183x275, 6K)

I make about $20 an hour, and after the apprenticeship I'll make $30, and if I want to go into supervisor positions, I'll make $45+.

>you can make as much as a college educated professional these days if not more
Expect you can't. I make 120k a year in the midwest in IT. No skilled trade makes that much working 40 hours a week.

Attached: 1535495687291.jpg (960x570, 32K)

theyll die of old age and health issues because the trades were much harsher when they were young. and the 45 year old guy in my class helped me out a LOT. old people actually do want to help the young guys out sometimes

good for you! what trade?

How does a min wage cuck with no disposable income get in on this?

if you start your own business or become an expert in a niche area you absolutely can

go to community college and take classes on it.

maintenance electrician.

ah. makes sense.

Do I then graduate from CC with a certificate or something that lets me on as an apprentice? How does this work?

Point is, choose something that pays well or something you enjoy to the very least. Either way you make compromises because people rarely find their dream job.

yes. i just had to git gud enough to ace my welding test which is how you get hired. the first job is the hardest to get

i might become a weld inspector later on since the pay is higher and its less hard on your body

>only make 70k a year

What type of accounting are you going into? My ex made over 100k a year as a cpa for a consulting firm and know plenty of people working at big 4 firms that make 6 figures.

they will accept shit pay as long as they don't have to do physical labor