What’s the deal with Gen X Vol. 2

Hate Boomers II as much as Boomers.

Attached: 862B15B1-B8E6-417B-A710-8202A968ED04.jpg (1280x800, 204K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_HIV-positive_television_characters
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Gen X was stuck in the middle of boomer bullshit—Early Boomers were the shitty 60s/70s hippies, late Boomers became the fucking yuppies of the 80s.

Most of Gen X had parents from the Silent Generation, the people who grew up at the end of the Great Depression but were mostly too young to be drafted for WWII.

They taught us to be frugal, and sensible. Keep your head down and work hard.

But we ended up watching society crumble during our childhood.
Some of us got a few years that were similar to what you’d imagine growing up in the 50s would be like: Watching Andy Griffith and Leave it to Beaver reruns on TV, playing with other kids till dark, family and neighborhood picnics, riding bicycles, shooting at tin cans, leaving Christmas presents in mailbox for the mailman.

And then it all went away. The energy crisis. Stranger Danger. The Iran hostage crisis. The Cold War intensifying. Watching Reagan shot on TV, over and over and over. Feminists bitching louder and louder. The War on Drugs. Divorce rates skyrocketing.

We did get to experience computer technology begin to change the world.
I had a pager in 1991. It cost $50 a month. A friend of mine had a cel phone. It weighed 8lbs.

There are very few Gen X in politics, because the Boomers hold on to everything until they suck all life out of it.
Plus, most of us just don’t give a shit anymore. We gave up and became nihilists because our generation was too small to really do shit.

Hillary and Trump were both Boomers. We don’t care. Same shit, Part 2. Life became a shitty sequel long ago.

Attached: ColSanders.jpg (800x424, 51K)

Not sure if they taught this outside of NY, but back in the late 70s or early 80s, we were told that there was a coming ice age, acid rain was destroying our buildings and statues and that hole in ozone layer was going to kill us. I remember going home and look st aerosol cans that evening to see what they contained. I guess we fixed acid rain and the hole in the ozone layer but that ice age never came. Oh well.

Gen X says they rode bikes without helmets, played with bb guns, played in fields and woods, got into fights, spent lots of time unsupervised, and played with chemistry sets. I also set off rockets in school. I did all this stuff as a kid and I'm Millennial.

I remember driving on my dad's lap at 8. I remember holding a gun in 5th grade in school. My dad even said he drove with me as a baby with no car seat. I remember getting stuck underneath a moonwalk at 2 and was always climbing things. I'd climb on top of the fridge at the same age. Where did Gen X get the idea they were the only ones who did this? I lived in lower income areas as a kid and remember dirt bumpy roads all over in a place I lived in the early 90s.

What's the difference between this experience as a Millennial kid living around lower income areas and what you got to do? Half my classmates were from the trailer parks and my high school and elementary school were right next to trailer parks.

I support Trump and I'm Millennial. We need tariffs.

Gen X sold out, plain and simple.

Can't really blame them: They were in the right place at the right time to take advantage of a shifting landscape in the way the world did business in general, and because there were so few Xers, it meant that they could still be special. They were mostly only children with lots of free time and parents who left them to their own devices, so it produced a lot of junkies and a lot of autodidactic geniuses.

I mostly wish Xers had better social skills. Even the smoothest Gen Xer comes off as either dishonest, or rough around the edges. Then again, they came of age in a time when communication was changing massively.

I think they are stupid for prizing their freedom yet denying it to their kids. I also think they have this complex where they think they are the only ones who shot BB guns or got into fights or caught frogs.

For the most part though, that's more of a boomer thing. Gen Y's parents are mostly boomers and very early Gen X. Gen X was a tiny generation of people who waited longer to have kids. They were the least sexually free generation of modern times.

FYI Many Gen Xers built the internet.

>I support Trump
So do I; that wasn't the point.

Gen X is a tiny group who are also the lowest reproducing generation in all of US history.
We’re basically irrelevant, hence having almost no impact on politics.

Trump? Boomer.
Obama? Boomer.
George W. Bush? Boomer.
Bill Clinton? Boomer.
George HW Bush? Greatest Generation.
Ronald Reagan? Greatest Generation.
Jimmy Carter? Greatest Generation.
Gerald Ford? Greatest Generation.
Richard Nixon? Greatest Generation.
Lyndon Johnson? Greatest Generation.
John F. Kennedy? Greatest Generation.

The Greatest Generation birthed the Boomers who birthed the Millennials.

Gen X, like the Silent generation, is stuck in the middle, and greatly outnumbered in both directions.

Attached: Boomers.png (1181x866, 215K)

But waiting longer to have kids doesn't mean they have less sex.

No, the AIDS scare and the media push to scare people about AIDS did that.

What use is it to be in an influential group if most of the group is against your values?

Yes. Sex was a scary choice back then. We weren’t entirely sure how people transmitted “gay cancer.”

AIDS was seen as a gay or IV drug using disease though.

The risks weren't fully understood for us so everyone was in fear. Turns out that if you're not a poofter your chances of getting AIDS are actually very low.

That was not the case by the mid-80's when Gen Xers started wanting to fuck. Like seriously were you not alive to watch TV during the late 80's/early 90's? All the primetime teen shows were AIDS this, condoms that.

Boomers are bad I guess but the generations that followed are way fucking worse. Each generation gets worse I don't know why you guys are obsessed with boomers. Every generation after boomers is gayer, more selfish and more self indulgent.

Attached: kd8373heu.jpg (720x883, 391K)

This. We are outnumbered on both ends. We despise the boomers and pity the millennials.

No we just did it better, you tranny loving pedo faggots

I'm an early Millennial but the people who talked to me about AIDS as a kid made it clear that most people with it were gay, IV drug users, frequently used prostitutes, or were hemophiliacs who got tainted blood.

You dumbfuck Marxist faggots hit a roadblock with your "hate this generation" meme after the boomers because gen-x, millennials, and zoomers don't give 2 shits about what generation you're from. If you're worth something then good, if you're not then fuck off. This D&C tactic is weak and obvious as fuck, not going to work so.yim.

Attached: 1536245970853.jpg (396x382, 37K)

The generation before the boomer enabled the God damned boomers. Get over this generational bullshit. Your generation is not better. You are a faggot.

eat shit, you faggot.

I was born in the early 80's and I clearly remember AIDS stuff on TV targeting broad audiences in primetime by the late 80's.

I think there are only 2 genders. Try again with your strawman attacks.

>crack

Attached: PT.gif (500x308, 1.98M)

Gen X do you remember lots of bumpy dirt roads around in the early 90s? Just wondering if it was common back then in the rest of the US.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_HIV-positive_television_characters

Here, for reference. And this is not even close to being comprehensive. Like it doesn't include the Captain Planet AIDS episode.

And this doesn't even include all the stuff that was happening to celebrities. Athletes who were promiscuous, or who slept with promiscuous girls, all of who were ostensibly straight.

School assemblies on the disease.

AIDS was the defining boogeyman of their generation.

Ted Cruz probably is the only Gen Xer who has any prayer of being president. Likely Trump will serve two terms and there might be a single term for Pence or someone else close to the administration after which a Millennial version of Bill Clinton will get elected, giving us thirty or so years of Millenial rule.

The county I grew up in during the 80s had more miles of dirt roads than paved roads but was the only county in the state like that. Not sure if that was still true in the 90s. Probably all paved now.

GenX here, no real difference user. Just sounds like a rural upbringing really. Kids still ride bikes and play in the woods. Hell my GenZ daughter does most of the things you listed, minus fighting.
A small difference: Our time was just that, ours. We had no digital tether making us instantly available to our parents every whim.

Gen X = edgy nihilistic faggots

There sure is a lot less rural area these days, though. Even my podunk ass population 150 place has had all its trees ripped up and pasture land is being paved over to make way for housing development.

I really hate these forced repeating threads from the same guy

I didn't have or carry a cell phone around as a teen so but I did have internet access which was way different than anything before.

Gen X the best Gen
but we should all work together and not divided

>that 30 year old boomer whos divorced and had his children and 50% of his income for the next 18 years stolen from him but still believes women are infallible and life should revolve around trying to impregnate them instead of trying to cleanse the west of filth

I remember going to the neighborhood natural ponds and streams. You could see many ducks at a time to feed.

Sounds like you had decent parents who allowed you to enjoy the freedom of being a kid. Thank them for not making you a pussy.

Only thing I'd add to this is that there was a constant barrage from the liberal boomers insisting that we had no future, and were all going to die in our sleep one day in a nuclear holocaust.

For me it was Y2K and the rapture. But building a bomb shelter was suggested in case of nuclear war.

Boomers birthed GenX who birthed Gen Y
AKA: Millennials. Ya fukken retard. Its on the interwebz for christs sake.

Lost Generation
G.I. Generation
Silent Generation
Baby boomers
Generation X
Millennials
Generation Z

Generation X has the most childless hags ever.

>Hate Boomers II as much as Boomers.

Of course you do, Joan

STOP REPLYING TO THESE THREADS!
>filename
>minimal replies by OP
>all fields

I got news for ya Gramps. Youre a boomer.