Where were you when it happened?

Where were you when it happened?

Attached: peace on earth.jpg (719x997, 122K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4DrcG7VGgQU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

people started freaking out on chat in materia magica.

How old were you?

I was 7.

Dermatologist appointment

Am I the only one who thinks those towers were an architectural beauty? Apparently everyone hated them before 9/11

I was at home after school, still back in first grade when it happend. I can still remember my mother thinking that it was some stupid movie and my dad playing Raiden 2 on PC while I was like "Mutter! Vater! Das World Trade Centre wurde zerstört!"
Also I was 8 back then and I watched the news from the moment the reports of the first plane crash came in

>be 12
>second week of grade 7
>dad wakes me up
>says a plan accidentally the wtc
>by the time I make a bowl of golden grahams, second plane already hit
>claim I'm sick and stay home from school
>watch CNN for nine straight hours
>consequences were never the same

doing maintenance at an RV park.

riding by on the golf cart. see 4 women eating breakfast at their picnic table.

"do you have a tv?"

"no, why"

"go turn it on"

"which channel?"

"ALL OF THEM"

lol, "yes, why"

I was on one of the planes.

>Where were you when it happened?
in bed, having been up all night playing pokemon on my super gameboy.

5th grade at school, i remember the horrified look on my teacher's face when she saw the smoke coming from the towers. When we got back to class there was silence. What is weird is that our homework on that same day was to write about the event.

Posting from beyond the grave, user?

>I was in kindergarten guise!!!!111 XD
Fucking hate these threads. Unless you were at least in your mid to late teens, don't bother replying. We don't need to know how a fucking toddler reacted to September 11.

Attached: XBEYigZSu_C4_Jl2VBwDoZKeInmkypT53h-ogMXef_k.jpg (960x720, 91K)

Trying to sleep

yes. what's so beautiful about them to you?

No, he was able to float down on a passport.

No, we landed at a military base and were told to be quiet or there'd be consequences.

i was living in brazil at the time, a young kid. really shocked me when i seen it on tv. nowadays im totally desensitised to whats happening

>came home from school
>mom runs up to me
>"honey, i don't want you to be shocked. something terrible has happened!"
>turn on TV
>see some smoke and buildings n shit
>"mom i don't care i want to watch cartoons"
>eventually get pissed because every channel was covering 9/11 for months

In school. I was 11 years old.
>live in a suburb in jersey across from NYC
>it was around noon
>”user, please come to the office. Your mom is here picking you up.”
>think to myself ”I don’t know why she is taking me out of school, but fucking sweet!”
>tells me something bad has happened
>get home, look at the TV and see the insanity that is unfolding before my eyes
>go outside and see the massive smoke cloud drifting throughout the sky.

It was pretty intense. Something I’ll never forget.

Every monkey tween was watching DBZ when the news report brike in.

I was -1

Banging my boyfriend in his butt.

this was literally me. I just wanted to watch spongebob.

Watching Dragon Ball Z on Television. The cartoon was cut short and some spooky news music played, showing the first building on fire.

>>"mom i don't care i want to watch cartoons"
>>eventually get pissed because every channel was covering 9/11 for months
On 9/11 cartoon network aired cartoons still. (I checked and found 30+ channels covering the happening)

>implying you wouldn't have died from AIDS by now if that were true.

>Am I the only one who thinks those towers were an architectural beauty?

Same. I also find the New York skyline to be unrecognizable at a glance now without them there, even 17 years later. The whole thing still makes me sad to this day.

t. Zoomer

Attached: Zoomer.gif (931x682, 426K)

You're pathetic

It was like, 11AM on the east coast. In CDT it was 9AM. Class had just started. West coast hadn't gotten up yet.

I was in bed. I heard it on my radio alarm. I thought they were talking about a book or a movie. Listening to the radio again on my drive to work it became readily apparent that it was news.

Is posting in this thread considered breaking said silence?

watched it live in highschool

At home studying for my grade 12 finals. Was having breakfast without the TV on, so only found out when dad came home from night shift with the day's newspaper and put it on the table. Front page was the explosion with "US UNDER ATTACK" as the headline. All five free-to-air channels were covering it all day. It was surreal.

If you're old enough to remember 9/11 you're pretty much a boomer

No because most people here will call me fake and gay.

Unironically eating kosher at Shapiros

>No because most people here will call me fake and gay.
You are fake and gay though.

Just came home form school.

Why wouldn't we?

no u

21 years old, at home. didn't watch tv so i didn't find out until my best friend came over to tell me about it. i only bothered to turn on the TV to see the cool burning skyscraper footage. it annoyed the shit out of me that everybody was trying to monopolize off of it. fucking illegal spics here in dallas out selling cheap assed dollar store american flags for 10 bucks a piece.

4th grade. had my friend come over that day, got off at my busstop. funny remembering the spongebob fags bullying us on the way back only to see my mom staring at the tv all shook

started going on Jow Forums in 8th grade for hentai lel

Attached: 1536005730780.gif (442x366, 2.85M)

At the airport (lel the irony) with my dad, waiting for my uncle from Switzerland who brought me pic related.
I honestly don't know why I remember that day so vividly considering I was 4

Attached: New-Children-Kids-Scooter-Adjustable-Folding-2-Wheels-Aluminum-Kick-Scooter-Foot-Scooters-Trottinett (640x640, 39K)

>monopolize off of it
You mean capitalise.

Had just dropped my sister off at the airport from Tampa to Spokane. She got stuck in Dallas for a week. Mom and I got home just as the 2nd plane hit.

>whacky morning DJ
>WhoooA!!! Looks like a plane just hit the WTC, That things gonna come down!! HEY!
>Uhh....A 2nd plane just hit.....Oh.

I'll always feel bad for the DJ who cracked that joke but to be fair, none of us knew what it was until the 2nd plane hit.

yea...

i was 1 year old but my father got stuck in the city for a few days. My mother was also offered a permanent job at the wtc in 2000, which she turned down. Her asshole boss called her in for work immediately the next day.

I was old enough to kick your ass back then. Back in my day we didn't even have strayans on the internet and we all thought you were white and smiled a lot

>no u
Hey, I'm not the one that has to make shit up to get attention...on Jow Forums of all places.

Air traffic controller at Salt Lake Approach Control. Got the order to land everyone. Then airspace was shut down for three days.

youtube.com/watch?v=4DrcG7VGgQU

playing with my dog

Attached: NEETPepe.jpg (184x184, 7K)

Too bad they didn't rebuild them. So iconic.

I was watching CNN live here in Norway when the second plane hit. Was standing literally 1 meter away from the TV. I felt a great deal of anger.

Yeah, my parents are the type who are always watching the news at home. Started to feel like groundhog day seeing those burning buildings on TV every single day

>Too bad they didn't rebuild them

They should have, I agree. Exactly the same as they were before, as if to say "You did nothing."

What do you think of pic related for getting normies to google about WTC7?

Attached: 3towers.jpg (3006x1884, 924K)

Did you see the dancing Mohammeds?

I just remember being at home seeing it on the tv because my parents had it on, then I later played on the PS2

Breddy gud. Assuming you'd ever post it somewhere normies saw it.

I was born in 1995 so I just barely remember it. Being a 1995/96 kid is weird because you toe the line between zoomer and boomer. I connect more with boomer media but find zoomer humor more funny.

I was on a plane.

>Exactly the same as they were before, as if to say "You did nothing."

Yes, this. Such a shame it didn't happen.

i was at the secundaria (Jr High) teachers didn't give a shit they just said that some stupid plane crashed in a building LUL

not even joking. i was in bed with my gf at the time in my fraternity house. She was arabic, her name was Fadyia. Smoking hot gym instructor. One of my fraternity brothers smashed into my room and told me we were under attack. We all grouped around a TV to watch what would happen. She hated Islam because she grew up with it in the USA. Her dad was a monster. I actually should have married her in retrospect.

Agreed, the only acceptable change would be keeping the design but making them bigger in my opinion

Is your office nickname lucky larry?

>former normie here
I think normies know, they just take the gubermints word for it.
>Bush & Obama wouldn’t lie together

I wrote an essay about 9/11 on this in school, won young authors

>Implying 9/11 happend

Attached: 1530483609896.jpg (1182x966, 436K)

I started coming on Jow Forums in 4th grade, coming from Ebaums/YTMND. I'm 22 now. My mind is pretty much fucked, this site is a part of me. 12 god damn years, my whole entire youth lel.

In 5th grade I met another kid who browsed Jow Forums. He used to cut himself in class and ended up killing himself in HS. Guess he couldn't take the memes.

i saw the plane in the building you fucking retard.

t. staten island

>be sitting in classroom in grade 4
>teachers walk in looking stunned, tell the class to be quiet
>tell us that planes have hit towers in New York
>thought that it was a small plane, go about day
>come home from school and entire family is crowded around the TV
>see what's going on, proceed to watch TV for rest of the day

Man, everything changed that day. The attitude at school, my home, society at large was different right after.

Fuck.

same, by day they were gorgeous

Something something mass grave something something disrespectful

And my cousin went to Sandy Hook. It really happened.
>just fuckin off

Oh you were just out on your casual 8:30 looking at the twin towers route ?

I remember back in the day almost everybody you met online was American, British or Canadian.

get cancer faggot

my mother was offered a job in the wtc in 1999, which she turned down. You don't know shit.

my mother was offered a job in the wtc on September 10, 2001(which she turned down might I add)

what a terrible day

every fucking channel had a live stream. they canceled my favorite tv shows

>Sandy Hook
It really didn’t happen though.

Terrible day with milions of deaths..

Can't say I remember, I was in pre-school

in the eighth grade, sitting in my social studies class (2nd class of the day). the classroom wasn't set up properly yet, so we didn't have a phone or tv, and we weren't told. I didn't hear about it until the next class, band. as everyone was filling in, I overheard one girl asking our director about 'the plane that hit that tower?', and he nodded and hushed her, giving the impression he'd talk about it at the start of class. he'd do this occasionally for news and basic chit chat.

he told us about what happened, brought out a tv and we watched the news. probably cnn. it was a strange day, and I remember a lot of details from it.

I was absolutely fucking fascinated by the news coverage. I couldn't stop watching. Once I got home, I just sat in front of the tv watching it. It was so beautiful, and I knew immediately there was some fuckery going on. it was so HUGE, it felt like a massive event because everyone was fixated on it. things were incredibly weird in the usa in the aftermath, and its never been the same.

i'm 30yo now. it's hard to believe there are people who can vote that don't remember 9/11, but such is life.

i'm not exactly sure how this happened, but I distinctly remember watching the clip where the 2nd plane goes into the tower, but it continues thru it unchanged before they cut to black for a few seconds, then cut back to the explosion. I couldn't have seen it live, but i don't understand why they would have reused that footage later.

i remember watching tower 7 fall and thinking "are they REALLY being that bold with all of this? holy crap". I was edgy, normie-tier interest in conspiracy at the time, but i knew something was up big time. i immediately learned to be distrustful of the neocons, and i wasn't sure about dems.

Yep. The dawn of the 2000s was so optimistic. 9/11 was like someone slapping down that optimism saying "Don't you fucking dare."

Instead we get an un-endable war which is the longest... in modern history? A 17-year war against an idea with no win conditions?

Boy, someone sure wanted this to happen.

Attached: 8B1188B3-2ACF-4C37-949C-44615617C5AA.jpg (1920x1080, 71K)

ok. You're not convincing me just because I live 9 miles from new york city.

nobody really cares about it anymore

I was turd posting on pol. That's what we called it back then.. turd posting. Newfags don't even know bout that 01 pol lyfe.

I was in a cab on my way to WTC.
I was going to go up to the observation deck and jump. This event saved my life.

>jew york

>inb4 someone says they were working there and on a smoke break.

I was in the first year of college, couldn't be assed to go in that day so came downstairs about 20 minutes after the first plane hit. Even in real time it was obvious something was amiss.

sorry i was just a child who loved dragon balll z

that said I was kind of jealous when I saw the jumpers

can't change where you're born, dipshit.

Oh, and I'm going to the midwest after college.

>your casual 8:30 looking at the twin towers route ?
there are building on Is you used to be able to see the WTC from. Hell, you could see it all the way from newark. My father was downtown when it hit, just came home covered in dust. My sister worked in tower 2 but on the 20t floor and was still waiting for train in from Hoboken. I still can't adjust to it being gone. At night on the ferry with it all lit up, it was really amazing as you pulled away to look it all lit up. the new building is a disgrace, downtown is fucked now.

Also, a few days after if you tried to take pics, there were national guard with m-16s who would stop you under a NYC law making it "illegal to photograph crime scenes." Didn't realize until a few years later when I got into Dr. Pierce who was actually behind it.

But (you) care ?

Attached: 1535143643831.gif (800x430, 897K)

kek I was 5, and I remember when I got to school in the morning, I started to draw it as soon as I got hold of pencils.