Average radius: 322mi

Next advisory at 5:00 AM EDT/AST

RUNDOWN:

>DANGEROUS FLORENCE EXPECTED TO BRING LIFE-THREATENING STORM SURGE
AND RAINFALL TO PORTIONS OF THE CAROLINAS AND MID-ATLANTIC STATES

>Over the next couple of days, the
hurricane is expected to move over a warm ocean and through an
environment of low vertical shear.

Hurricane watches and warnings are being issued for all counties within 60 miles of the coast,
all the way from Williamsburg VA to Beaufort SC, with additional advisories reaching as far
south as Daytona Beach FL and as far north as Ocean City MD.
A hurricane watch means the storm-force winds will most likely arrive within 48 hours.
A hurricane warning means the winds are expected to arrive within 36 hours

>Florence is expected to produce total rainfall accumulations of 15 to 25 inches

The area from Cape Fear to Cape Lookout can expect storm surges of 9-13 feet.

ADVISORIES:
nhc.noaa.gov
prh.noaa.gov/cphc/
HURRICANE PREPAREDNESS:
redcross.org/get-help/how-to-prepare-for-emergencies/types-of-emergencies/hurricane.html
ready.gov/hurricanes
nhc.noaa.gov/prepare/ready.php
MODELS AND INFO:
tropicaltidbits.com/storminfo/
trackthetropics.com/florence/
spaghettimodels.com/
ventusky.com
windy.com/?28.400,-68.700,6
>Meteorologists/Storm Chasers:
twitter.com/Jeff_Piotrowski
twitter.com/ReedTimmerAccu

Attached: ezgif-5-d8b6136367.gif (324x279, 1.29M)

Other urls found in this thread:

nhc.noaa.gov/refresh/graphics_at1 shtml/032641.shtml?cone#contents
twitter.com/DavidBegnaud/status/1039712520024588290
youtube.com/watch?v=ODEGDG3rE4s
windy.com
ventusky.com/
tropic.ssec.wisc.edu/real-time/mimtc/2018_06L/web/gifsBy12hr_12.gif
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

safe on high ground hoping the death toll is mostly niggers

First for cat 6

Few questions.
1. Is it going to become a category 5?
2. Is there any realistic chance the nuclear reactors will be destroyed leaking radiation out on the east coast?
3. How much damage is it currently expected to do?
4. How many hours until it hits?

COLLECTED DIGITS FROM PREVIOUS THREAD

Attached: digits91218___copy.jpg (4520x3304, 2.16M)

1. Very likely
2. Not very likely
3. Probably a lot
4. At least 12 hours

This storm's going to be another fucking dud just like the rest of them.

1. Probably not but there's still a chance but it's quite diminished now
2. You could have radioactive waste be flooded and that would be bad but considering they're very careful with that, it probably will not explode or leak.
3.Alot
4.50 hours before the first impacts are felt.

>tfw 3 of my gets are in there
Nice

2 of mine. pic related

Attached: 1533160443802.jpg (891x1024, 107K)

Yes before it hits, landfall will be a Cat 3

No, nuclear reactors will be fine

Yes catastrophic on the coast to 60 miles

It will "hit" around friday night to saturday morning most probably but the rain will make it so that it doesn't matter when it "hits". The wind isn't the problem with this one.

looking forward to the comfy streams

If you live in a multi-story house, get everything you really like on the 2nd floor. Trash bag everything else, and sandbag the entrances.

And if the water starts rising, don't go up into the attic unless you have a breaching tool to go out through the roof if needed.

I haven't been keeping up with the updates, I live near Downtown Raleigh, Am I going to take Florence in the rear

Attached: 1529787297672.png (249x210, 113K)

checked

Only niggers go into the attic.

I never understood this. Go the Fuck outside if you are about to be drowned and get on the damn rood.

>9 feet storm surge

I hope 20 miles away from the coast is enough to not fuck up the house considering the house is also is elevated with 2 steps

sandbagging sounds good, we need to do that

Fortunately I don't think most people are in a rush for fireman's axes at Home Depot, but you would have to be certain you can actually break through the roof. If you're a weakling, you will just drown regardless.

Tfw I've been staring at windy .com and other hurricane watching sources so much that I'm starting to see Florence whenever I close my eyes to blink

Attached: 1530660525198.jpg (255x211, 32K)

Cary resident.. how are we looking as far as looting?

Desertbro here, keep safe my dudes

Attached: 2000px-Flag_of_Arizona.svg.png (2000x1334, 89K)

Just lock and load, idk

Same

Chainsaw would probably be a safer option.

70kt winds tho

feet storm surge
I only have a one story place. But I have a step ladder thats 6 feet tall, so that should keep my head above water

Things you don't really like or don't want to move indoors (like garage stuff) can either be packed into your car's trunk and left in an elevated parking garage nearby. If you don't want to do that, water-tight storage containers exist, and you can lash them to a post (or other structural element) with ratchet straps.

based AZ bro. No natural disaster of any kind here. Just hot as fuck all year

Unless you know how to use one, forget about the chainsaw. You'll just have the blade catch, lacerate yourself, and then you'll be bleeding out while drowning in a pitch-dark attic.

Just when South Carolina and Georgia thought they were out of the woods.

Second Euro run to show this track. Has support from GFS and FV3.

McMaster may have lost his gamble.
This is a three-day long, reverse version of Hurricane Matthew.

Attached: AD9C0392-70E5-4712-B8FA-93068AEC7152.gif (1024x742, 1.62M)

Right, I have been through this. Imagine about 50,000 other niggers having the same idea you do. Then as traffic gets to 10 mins per 10 miles you have to say awe fuck it. Right now, these niggers need to be beating the stupid niggers, and that is what it all comes down to.

Is columbia sc going to get any of this?

Attached: B49D62AC-5070-4DE9-A1CF-946EDF2A22EC.jpg (866x748, 234K)

over/under on death toll? ill set the opening line at 51 fatalities. place bets

Attached: sport_betting_gamblign_-_by_john_locher.jpg (800x516, 78K)

Fuck its going south now?

wait, americans dont have windows in their attic's ?

ya that high pressure wall is going to push it into georgia and northern FL although FL will be find, the rain is going to be crazy in SC though. You are going to see homes in SC up to the roof with water. Up to about 60 miles or so. Jacksonville FL is going to be wet as fuuuuug

I'll say under 10-15

I hope for a big nig drown in Charlotte

That's not the real track, this is
>nhc.noaa.gov/refresh/graphics_at1 shtml/032641.shtml?cone#contents

Attached: Current Track Florence 2AM September 12.png (897x736, 84K)

>Charlotte
Charleston

Hurricanes are not real.

Most older and larger homes do, but newer homes do not.

Gib milkies.

Attached: flat,1000x1000,075,f.u1.jpg (1000x983, 89K)

Shid 130kt winds, is that at the surface?

My friend just moved to Savannah, Georgia. Is he in trouble?

You need to make plans and leave if you want to be comfy. You won't have power for 4-5 days. Take your good stuff with you.

No guarantees but it’s been a drastic trend today.

>doesn’t acknowledge how goddamn much that cone has been shifted to the south after these model runs

I was thinking of heading to Florida to be with family and away from this shit. Be nice to neet it up for a fews days.

>doesn't know hurricanes sometimes like to stay on the border because fuck you lmao

Almost certainly not. This hurricane seems to be hell-bent on nailing Wilmington, NC before going anywhere else, and by that point it's mostly going to be rain.

>the rod and the ring will strike
We were warneddddd!!

40-50ft waves in the center could topple a building 5+ stories high.

May it grow stronger. I want 100ft waves!

Attached: Screenshot 2018-09-12 at 02.49.56.png (393x392, 114K)

Almost ready.

Attached: milking cow.jpg (624x360, 91K)

yes big trouble, no power for a week or even two if it turns south like they say. That is a water bath waiting to happen. I would leave.

Cool, thanks.

More and more models show it may pause off the coast, which is the worst case scenario. Prolonged flooding and access restriction will make the damage much worse and will spread it further inland/south. May be as bad as harvey but with less population affected.

Huh. I guess they have moved a ton as of 2AM, UKMET wants to fuck over SC more now.

Savannah could be hit by the storm surge though. The marshlands in the east will likely flood.

Other user just said no, and you say yes. Spoopy. I think I will go with your forecast. Better safe than sorry. Thanks, user.

wait till tomorrow night before you bet on anything. Today none of the trackers could agree on anything. it looked like spaghetti.

>Savannah could be hit by the storm surge though.
Good point. Something to watch for sure.

does ocean level even matter if you're far enough inland?

Attached: this is fine.png (132x251, 54K)

4U
>twitter.com/DavidBegnaud/status/1039712520024588290

>"BREAKING: What may be millions of water bottles. meant for victims of Hurricane Maria, have been sitting on a runway in Ceiba, Puerto Rico, since last year, according to @FEMA, which confirmed the news to me, late tonight, after pictures, posted today on social media, went viral."

Attached: bane burger.jpg (940x1024, 188K)

You're good bro

Attached: 1531693065690.jpg (250x250, 14K)

I just want work to be called off.

Quite recently the cone didn’t even include Georgia.

Attached: 752B55AB-6C67-44FC-B16D-323F36CDC0D4.jpg (716x566, 136K)

East Gilbertfag here. Don't remind me, Im so ready to leave this fucking state

It's very unlikely on the south side of the storm, the wind direction pulls water out like those crazy videos from the bahamas:
>youtube.com/watch?v=ODEGDG3rE4s

130 winds means that winds are higher the closer to the center

check'd doubles of real

Attached: 1536732273649.jpg (1014x1024, 73K)

I don't think my house will get flooded unless the water goes up another 10 feet. We are above ground overlooking school just a tad bit, I'd say 8 feet plus 2 steps on the house entrance itself. Not only that there are multiple ditches surrounding the school and empty fields with even more ditches...of course I know this shit can easily flood blocks...please don't fucking flood the house

it just means you're fucked 100%, everywhere else is just a 50/50 in terms of minor flooding

It's not even windy here.

Attached: 06L_gefs_latest.png (768x736, 198K)

He’s not going to be getting a true hurricane hit. What he would get if this run verifies is a prolonged period of tropical storm force winds, moderate storm surge, and inland flooding. Although you know how shit the infrastructure can be down here so he’ll probably lose power at some point.

its windy here
windy.com

No problem man, but i have been through 9 caines. I don't know what he has been through but death isn't the problem. Trees falling on your house, yes that is a problem. The biggest and most amazing problem is no power. For days to weeks. Days I can do in my sleep. It sucks, no ac, heat you cant imagine, bugs, shit in a pond around your house, sit on the roof bored to death, eat potato chips or whatever until the power comes on, no imagine weeks. It is not imaginable. I will only ever do that once in my life. It is so bad and painful I can't describe it.

Attached: 06L_tracks_06z.png (768x801, 149K)

>cary

>ever getting looted

Yeah, they are going to loot your trendy shoestores and farm table restaurants. Better watch out for the gourmet dog treat bakery.

Nah, If anything gets looted it's going to be the wal marts and home depots.

just shoot the hurricane pol

Attached: 1532088614284.jpg (1024x1024, 57K)

Then this will be a more interesting weekend than I thought

Attached: Georgiaball.png (1000x1000, 86K)

Attached: 1532496819618.jpg (640x618, 127K)

130 knots is about 150 mph so the pink area is fucked.

but i don't have a rood :(

>It sucks, no ac, heat you cant imagine, bugs, shit in a pond around your house, sit on the roof bored to death
Ugh, that sounds horrid. Amazing what some people endure to survive.

F

Raleigh is safe now, right?

>Hurricane-force winds extend outward up to 60 miles (95 km) from the center and tropical-storm-force winds extend outward up to 175 miles (280 km).

Holy fucking shit Florence is becoming a big girl my dog, its wind field alone is already bigger than South Carolina, and it's still got growing to do with all that bathwater.

Attached: size.png (589x483, 156K)

NC can fuck off

>Charleston Harbor on the dirty side of even a category 2 hurricane

Attached: 63F1E7F6-B307-407B-B0B6-D64FA167E0F7.png (488x411, 437K)

Saved, nice site that.

your own military has said that the P.R. was a logistical nightmare. also there's rumors about the U.S. wanting to get rid of boomers here.

Hope all the racists lose everything

Die

Another good site is

ventusky.com/

pretty much. it also means that it already is cat5

everybody dies

tropic.ssec.wisc.edu/real-time/mimtc/2018_06L/web/gifsBy12hr_12.gif

She is growing