What is Comicsgate?

It is all over the progsphere.
What do they mean by this?

Attached: Juggernaut3.jpg (1920x1080, 305K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/channel/UCrlzSqLSGj8GIOeT5jrQsJA
freakanimes.com/westtree/
huffingtonpost.com/entry/meet-faith-the-body-positive-superhero-of-our-dreams_us_56c3bd9de4b0b40245c865f1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Comicsgate is a fan uprising against all the SJW propaganda being spewed into Marvel and DC comics. There's a guy on youtube who has devoted his whole channel to it: youtube.com/channel/UCrlzSqLSGj8GIOeT5jrQsJA

His username is: Diversity & Comics. Basically SJW's have totally taken over Marvel and taken over much of DC. Good story telling and classic beloved characters are being sacrificed on the altar of political correctness and diversity.

So, for example, they replaced Thor with a woman, replaced Iron man with a black woman (who has to be written by a black woman), replaced Captain Marvel with a woman, and made a lot of characters gay, ugly, or both. Writing is terrible and the focus is on messaging rather than story telling

But this is old news. Why progs are pushing back now?
Has happened something new lately?

Left is in damage control mode, calling all the fans racist and misogynists, but in the meantime comic book stores are going out of business because no one is buying Marvel comics. Since Marvel has a no-returns policy, if the comics aren't bought, or if the customer returns them to the store, then the store bears the loss.

Comics have always been propaganda, Captain America was created by two Jews in the 1940 to start a anti-German hysteria, during the Bush years Marvel made Cap into a Neocon who supported Wars in the Middle-East, after Obama election they became good liberals again.

Attached: BC4C531F-B003-41B1-89E1-3E8283902774.jpg (327x449, 44K)

You're probably just hearing about it now, or maybe the financial losses have gotten so bad that they are trying to get their allies in the media to create noise about it. I don't know how helpful screaming into the leftwing echochambers will be for their bottom line, but they have been making a lot of noise over the failed Star Wars movies and the "Star Trek Discovery" series.

It's a bunch of Ethan Van Sciver fanboys and people who don't read comics getting mad at comics companies for doing things they don't like in books that they were never going to pay for anyway.

It's a bunch of fucking faggots being retarded spergs because they realized they can make money with "anti-SJW" Kickstarters and monetized outrage-farming Youtube videos.

t. comics creator who wants these fake fans to fuck off forever

And Hulk is now an asian kid

Attached: Hulk-panel-1024x943.jpg (1024x943, 162K)

Partly true. Captain America, Human Torch, and Namor were all originally created as part of the war propaganda, but since 2015 or so Marvel has gone full SJW. They have been completely subverted by Marxists and there's no going back for them. Once Disney decides they're tired of supporting it they will probably close the comics division or outsource it overseas to some population that still knows how to write good stories.

>creator
Your child drawings aren't a "comic" you know?

Attached: Sensible chuckle.gif (250x250, 993K)

Yea, and that's one of their more tolerable new characters.

Shows what you know. My shit's the bomb dog dot com. Check it out, yo. freakanimes.com/westtree/

>Ellis?
>Silvestri?
>Jim Lee?
>Laird/Warner?
>Ghost of Kirby?
Doesn't matter, just good to see someone's out there.

a lot of the artists on DC are Brazilians, it seems there is a lot of Italians drawing for Marvel.

My eyes!
You bastard!

How's those sales figures?

Just kidding I know they're shit.

t. Former fan that literally doesn't buy your shit

>Ethan Van Sciver fanboys and people who don't read comics getting mad
EVS is like a 20 year comics artist, and most of the "comicsgaters" have a deep love of comics going back to their childhood from most of the videos I've watched. you just seem salty cause some guy who reviews comics on his crotch made more money on his book than most marvel books make all year. also, go back to /co/

Frustratingly he was a better character pre hulk in Hercules.

Actually anything Hercules was just better.

X-men vs Avengers bullshit was some of the most atrocious artwork I've seen in a long time in a major comic series.

See what I'm talking about Spainbro? This guy is probably doing bait/parody but this is pretty much the official story from Marvel. They aren't worried about their crappy sales too much because Disney owns them and the movies are still producing revenue. But once Disney decides they want to make the comics division solvent again then all the marvel writers will be lining up for work at Wallmart.

He makes more money tearing up their books than they do writing them!

I misread OP's question as "What is Cosmicgate" and was all ready to explain that shit, but sorry, wrong thread. I will see myself out.

Attached: MarsRover5.jpg (750x478, 114K)

all three writers on most "big 2" titles share the massive $500 a book makes, so i'd say yeah

As a kid one of the reasons I bought comics in the early 90s was to look at super curvy women in the Jim Lee/Marvel style.

American comics lost some of their sexiness.

Amadeus Cho appeared right around the point where I stopped reading Marvel. The last of their books I bought was "Inhumanity." Cho had potential to be a good character, but making him into a hulk is retarded and it woudl have made more sense to make him a mutant or Inhuman. Also, his character development, like that of all the new SJW characters, is shallow.

There is no art like epic 90's Marvel and DC. I used to like everything about Marvel comics, from the look of the characters to the stories and action. Now I like nothing at all about them.

>So, for example, they replaced Thor with a woman
Thor's been a frog, a horse alien and other women before. I thought calling her Thor was stupid but it's not unprecedented.
>replaced Iron man with a black woman (who has to be written by a black woman)
Bendis; beautiful black woman. Riri a shit, but she didn't replace him.

>replaced Captain Marvel with a woman
Bitch he been dead for decades. You're gonna hate to learn Captain Marvel was a Black woman in the 80s.

>and made a lot of characters gay, ugly, or both.
Artists gonna art and sometimes art is ugly, but yeah they are obsessed with the gays.

Attached: Monica_Rambeu_Captain_Marvel.png (215x463, 137K)

>Ethan Van Sciver
They shut down his twitter account?

Attached: Shut it down_.jpg (630x535, 70K)

Me Rikey!!!

Grow up nerds.

Attached: 1536640139629.gif (245x207, 2M)

Context.
It's not the individual acts alone but the overarching agenda behind it and the extent of the changes.

I don't want to come across as too harsh, but I'm pretty sure comicsgate isn't the reason why people aren't interested in your work.

the problem is they replaced great characters for the sake of "diversity", and replaced them with terrible ones, who just happen to have different skin colours/genitals/religious beliefs. most people never cared storm or spawn is black

>and made a lot of characters gay, ugly, or both
just saw this. WTF have they done to my cap?
fucking sjws

Attached: cap.jpg (472x634, 161K)

Monica Rambeu was around before the 80s. First time I saw her was in Secret Wars. She wore the title for a while, but the original Captain Marvel was Mar-Vel. Carl Danvers was originally Ms. Marvel, but by turning her into this androgenous... thing... and calling her Captain Marvel they piss all over both characters.

Now they're making a movie about Carol Danvers where they are going to skip straight to her being Captain Marvel, and have some ugly chic to play her.

>just saw this
Really?

The Comicsgate folks started to make their own comics and they're making more money than marvel/dc. So people from marvel have been trying to stop the comics from being printed and distributed.

A boomer with a chronic cough who records his crotch with a phone as he rambles about comics is enough to rattle an entire industry of stronk independent wamen, trannies, niggers, faggots, and cucks.

Post your comic and ill buy it faggot.
I go down the the lcs every payday and drop what i can in a vain attempt to support them.
Really sucks you cucks ruined comics and all the paying customers have decided to opt out.
Gaffot

>making more money than marvel/dc
This is very difficult to believe.
More info on that? Seems interesting.

The history of our times.

It’s called heroic scale

Didn't give a fuck that Spawn was black because the comics were fucking badass. Image made a lot of badass comics....Savage Dragon too.

When it's forced, people will pick up on it and will be turned off by it.

anyone else think richard fucks?

A bit self-righteous and strawmanning, 'innit?

Some 40 year old boomers who browse Jow Forums are really into comics, decide to start complaining about the takeover of Marvel and other comicbook companies by reddit/tumblr, start youtube channels and get followers in the six digits, crowd fund their own comic books and make half a million dollars each.

Comicsgate is SUPER NORMIE tier. I belong to the "official" Richard Meyer (diversity and comics youtuber) facebook page and very few of them have ever been on Jow Forums let alone heard about it. They just repost outrage at sjw trash comics/articles, post pepes and maga hats, and other random reddit trash.

I'm really amazed at how Zach pulled off such a successful normie redpilling campaign.

Attached: 1467673936869.jpg (1300x1000, 684K)

We can talk about that, but you don't have to lie about the details. I definitely agree the move to change so many characters at the same time was a huge detriment to their sales, but they have done these things before with each character individually many times.

People talk about EVS like hes representative of how comics were but many of these new characters were created by white male creators who have been around just as long as he has.

The only one that wasn't was Kamala and she's the one that sucks the least. Huh.

Yes honey but she was Captain Marvel in the 80s. There have been several Captain Marvels. Carol's problem isn't her looks or her name but that's she's utterly fucking boring and has no character hook for Marvel to use to help ground her a the Wonder Woman Analog the want her to be.

No, 'I whack my weewee to her' isn't a character hook.

Dear fuckhead.

1. Grow up.
2. Get a real job.
3. Stop being gay.

who is this boomer you speak of??

i was a kid once, i wondered if hulk could beat up superman, i never wondered where hulk stuck his cock though...kids these days

>We can talk about that, but you don't have to lie about the details. I definitely agree the move to change so many characters at the same time was a huge detriment to their sales, but they have done these things before with each character individually many times.
As a natural ocurrence or as a part of a Gramscian brainwashing agenda?

I liked sad alcoholic stepmom Carol.

The "new" Carol feels like a totally different character. They should have just made turbo dyke red and blue carol a different character all together.

Attached: 9dd9d11472c258efa496dccb2bf7ebf5.jpg (768x1024, 504K)

They should have left her as Ms. Marvel, and there shouldn't be any introduction of her in the movie universe without first presenting Mar Vel, who actually was a cool character.

Ms. Marvel is a fine character is they keep her with the Avengers, but she doesn't deserve a standalone movie, and the SJW short haired androgenous stronk wamyn version of her as "captain Marvel" needs to just perish into full obscurity. For sure that movie is going to flop

what the hell is progsphere

You sound like a flamboyant jewish faggot or a blue haired turbodike.

Fuck off with your reaching rationalizations, utterly ignoring the sudden unexplainable SJW transformation that Marvel is going through, even though it is massively hurting their sales by becoming unrecognizable and repugnant, just like you, to sales.

kys demented queer

If you think that is bad, then look at this: huffingtonpost.com/entry/meet-faith-the-body-positive-superhero-of-our-dreams_us_56c3bd9de4b0b40245c865f1
(yes, it is a huffpost link to show you how bad it is cause you might not believe it)

they crowd funded their own books (hiring talent, some do their own completely), a book called "cyberfrog" by EVS and another "jawbreakers" both are reaching a million dollars last I saw. an image book for example, with marketing and "star power" will struggle to make $50 000 these days

diversity and comics decided they could make better comics and did, outselling the number one spot 'batman' by twice the margin.
Then SJW comic stores started refuse to sell the comic book, turned away orders, and tried to get the publishers to drop them

Probably some buzzword to describe liberal subversion of modern media by asshole plunging omegafaggots.

the only one that really pissed me off was when they made Bobby (Iceman) gay, like this dude fucked and dated every single girl in Marvel and they just throw out "le actually hes a closet fag xDDDD"
fuck right off (((comics)))

>There's a guy on youtube
He's a cuck. Go watch/read Vox Day instead.

Attached: ..gif (250x250, 407K)

These are scripted comics, nothing is natural. DC actually had a vote to let a character live or die once.

But Yes. marvel wiped the X-men once and replaced them with Diversity hires, but I'm sure that was difference because we like these characters now.

Attached: 605ef47efc8da9c399dccc30d9ec87ae.jpg (1351x2035, 973K)

Change your diaper

Grow up.

Ya boi Zack

A lot of big two books have head office politics keeping them afloat. They are simply not selling the same numbers as these indie comics made by these right-wing/apolitical guys.
Marvel and DC don't have to give a shit because they're owned by Disney and Warner. They're just subsidiaries of a subsidiary of a subsidiary. At worst, they lay off a few guys and move their offices somewhere with lower rent.

Interestingly enough a lot of these changes have been done by one man who's worked in comics for decades.

But he works for DC how so have fun with your new black Superman girlfriend lads.

>marvel wiped the X-men once and replaced them with Diversity hires
this was done for storytelling purposes, and not an agenda, actual writers/talent were in charge.

>have fun with your new black Superman girlfriend lads
almost all of the readers are gone, so nobody will be "enjoying" superman reboot #12 of the year

Ethan Van Sciver's made 600k with his not very good cyberfrog thing, diversity and comics is just a fucking scammer who hasnt even done a real comic yet just taken in 300k for a book he hasnt printed, some other no names have done other right wing books and made some cash.
Compared to warner and disney comics they've made a fortune and Ethan Van Sciver revealed just how little money marvel and dc hacks actually get paid. It's ridiculously low.

>These are scripted comics, nothing is natural
I'm speaking of the authors decisions not the histories you dimwitt.
>once
Once. Really? Once? Is this supposed to be an argument?
>marvel wiped the X-men once and replaced them with Diversity hires
That this is nothing new has been said before. Comics have been used for wartime propaganda also. Should we support that too?
>we like these characters now
Only the ones the authors didn't get rid of because they failed to be popular. Just like now.

On what planet?

They all represent races or countries that the writers thought we needed to learn to tolerate at the time. A German after WW1. A Russian during the cold war. A black woman in the times of civil rights movement. A Native American after the seige of Wounded Knee when Native relations were becoming a thing.

This is not an accident.

>A German after WW1
>A Native American after the seige of Wounded Knee
I think your argument is wrong by several decades

>The Wounded Knee incident began on February 27, 1973, when approximately 200 Oglala Lakota and followers of the American Indian Movement (AIM) seized and occupied the town of Wounded Knee, South Dakota, on the Pine Ridge Indian Reservation.

Kind of funny that Wolverine, the white western guy, still ended up being the best, even if he is a leaf.

You're wrong. Nightcrawler is best boy. Wolverine is a manlet.

Attached: 1235791978083.jpg (1024x1575, 267K)

I see. As I said the attempts to promote an agenda are nothing new to comics. That expecific case was hit and miss. Who was the indian character? Is this supposed to be a good example? Was that lone incident part of greater design to push a narrative using the comics as a form of morality tale?

Kurt is an effeminate progressive cuck who fucked his sister and his mom is a futa.

This is why people hate shilling. Lotta talk, nothing said, on EVERY FUCKONG SUBJECT.

I am a comics buying consumer with a pull list. Comics have sucked ass for the past 2 years.

Except flintstones that was good stuff

>Who was the indian character?
Thunderbird. The guy under Nightcrawler's arm.

As I see it comics have always tried to promote a progressive agenda. Big thing is most of the guys in comicsgate didn't have the internet as kids. We didn't have access to read all the comics if we wanted through piracy. A lot of the shitty comics from times gone by are just that, gone.

10 people remember Juggernaut's Japanese son. Luckily none of them write for Marvel so hopefully we'll never see him again. Most people don't remember Triathlon and the fact that they had a whole arc with people picketing the Avengers for not having any black members.

I absolutely agree they have made bad decisions with shit like Iceman. It was poorly executed all around, maybe someday a writer will retcon that jean did do it like the writing gave everyone the impression that she did. There's plenty of Gay characters to not have to keep changing old ones.

Personally I wish more people would critique on the quality of the content rather than getting assblasted about the checkpoints a character hits. Marvel seems to be barrelling through creators, both artists and writers, who have no business making comics on such a big scale with the deadlines the Big 2 has to work under. I do wonder if therise of Indy comics, ease of self publishing and webcomics has drained their talent pool.

Why work for marvel if you can make your own comics and sell the rights to Netflix for a TV show.

Stop pushing this shit you absolute faggot. You don't get a "gate". Nobody wants to read about manly versions of care bears and other cringe bullshit. Just because Tonka gives you airtime doesn't mean anyone reads comics besides autistic 60 year old men and teenage transgenders. Fuck off dipshit.

Attached: FallingDown_175Pyxurz.jpg (1600x1194, 185K)

Lies. Nobody buys your shit comics because you pushed away the base that actually has money and replaced them with people who don’t have money or SJW freaks who don’t give a damn about comics and just want to use you to push their agenda.

>Personally I wish more people would critique on the quality of the content rather than getting assblasted about the checkpoints a character hits.
When people start actually critiquing the content more than the blatant SJWism you will know shit has hit the fan. See Star Wars for an example.
But I think modern SJW is diferent from old liberal bias in that it's too obtrusive and lacks any subtletly. It just panders to their own crowd alienating people and detracting from the story.
By the way, I guess you could find anecdotal conservative bias in comics too. Should we use that to push for RWDS themed comics? My point is that lousy histories based on personal political bias by the authors are not good matherial to write about.