AMA -- I work[ed] at the Dunn Solar Telescope

You may have heard about the FBI closure of Sunspot, NM -- I actually work there and am happy to answer questions.

Though, to be up-front, I know little about the closure itself, all they're doing is citing "security concerns", which is extremely odd [I have some prior military experience] and nothing there is really 'sensitive' in that aspect. -- Honestly if something happened I'd be betting on the gallons of Mercury that are used as a [mechanical] bearing for the telescope proper.

Attached: cat-aliens.jpg (500x500, 51K)

Other urls found in this thread:

disclose().tv
idcard.nmsu.edu/aggie-id-card/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>ufo cover-up
It's literally nothing, if a real cover-up occurred there would be NO news about it.

>No proof of residency
Nice larp

>Nice larp
Not a LARP; I can screen-cap some of the "right to know" document about mercury if you want.

> It's literally nothing, if a real cover-up occurred there would be NO news about it.

The UFO-coverup is laughable for many reasons which have nothing to do with whether or not they're televising anything -- I mean, it's a SOLAR telescope, we literally point the thing at the sun and use it to look at sunspots. (Actually the adaptive optics system is pretty cool; it can lock onto a sunspot and compensate for solar rotation.)

Why did the FBI raid it?

It's hard to prove residency when you can't get to your housing, which is where you have the documentation like the lease. (And utilities are paid through the site, so nothing from an electric-company.) -- but here's a pic of the Mercury right to know document they distributed.

Attached: DST-mercury-1.png (647x626, 219K)

>Why did the FBI raid it?
Unknown; they haven't told us anything. Just "don't go back up to Sunspot" and "ongoing security concerns".

As I said in the original post, if there was *ANYTHING* that would cause a scare my money would be on the mercury... but that's an environmental concern, not security.

How much mercury is there? What sort of bad shit could you do with it?

Did you ever walk in on your parents having sex? What was it like?

are aliens real?

attract demons

>>How much mercury is there?

A little less than 200 gallons.

> What sort of bad shit could you do with it?

Well, if you poured it all out it'd have the potential for heavy metal poisoning the Tularosa basin (about Carazozo to Oro Grande) -- I don't know for how long, but I'd be surprised if it were more than a century. (Open environments are surprisingly resilient.)

>Did you ever walk in on your parents having sex? What was it like?

Yes; it was quite awkward.
I turned around and "nope-ed" right out.

You could build so many fucking UFO engines. Victor Schauberger's implosion drive used mercury to create rotating electromagnetic fields

Attached: 1519684313545.gif (480x270, 3.54M)

>are aliens real?
Unknown.
So far as I know, no... but that doesn't mean impossible, or don't exist.

What if I took it somewhere more concentrated? Say a watertower.

OP is gobbemant with lure cast. Nice try friendo we know your tricks

Poison a lot of people, mercury is very toxic in general

You're assuming that the FBI knows that you couldn't see any extraterrestrial activity from there.

What do you think of the images of an alleged alien armada coming out are? They look fake to me but I'm wondering what someone familiar with sun imaging thinks.

>Victor Schauberger's implosion drive used mercury to create rotating electromagnetic fields

You're referring to his Repilsine, right?

>What if I took it somewhere more concentrated? Say a watertower.
Then you'd possibly heavy-metal poison the population that used that water-tower... or break the water tower. (Mercury's about 13 times the density of water, IIRC.)

>OP is gobbemant with lure cast. Nice try friendo we know your tricks
I already said I have prior military experience... and all it would take is minimal research to see that all the entities involved in Sunspot get government funding: National Forest Service, National Science Foundation, National Solar Observatory, NMSU, etc...

So yall never detected shit sucking power from the sun or crazy sunspot vortex's that ships fly in?

Did we nuke the sun to heat up Mars and pull a fast one on the ol Farmers Almanac for wInter 2019?

>You're assuming that the FBI knows that you couldn't see any extraterrestrial activity from there.

Granted.
I wouldn't expect the FBI to know the capabilities of the telescope, on any level, without asking the engineers who built it or the operators who run it.

>What do you think of the images of an alleged alien armada coming out are?

Pop one up and I'll give my thoughts.

> They look fake to me but I'm wondering what someone familiar with sun imaging thinks.

I'm not going to claim expertise I don't have -- my field is supporting the operations of the telescope, not actual analysis.

i've read that the sunspot facility is pretty outdated and the research isn't very valuable. is this true?

>So yall never detected shit sucking power from the sun or crazy sunspot vortex's that ships fly in?

No. Not to my knowledge.

>Did we nuke the sun to heat up Mars and pull a fast one on the ol Farmers Almanac for wInter 2019?

...that's idiotic to think.
The sun is 99% of the mass of the solar system, Jupiter is the other 1%, and *ALL* of Earth... just a rounding error.

What do you think of this panicky shit?

>Did we nuke the sun to heat up Mars and pull a fast one on the ol Farmers Almanac for wInter 2019?
wat

>i've read that the sunspot facility is pretty outdated and the research isn't very valuable. is this true?

It's more accurate to say that our technology has reached the point where it's at its limit -- the biggest limiting factor is the aperture-size (where the light is collected) -- which is due more to the structure of the turret rather than the internal instrumentation.

As it is, the Dunn is the most advanced telescope in operation -- there's another one they're building in Hawaii, but it's not finished.

Be honest who gives better blow jobs: zetas or feline aliens?

Post pics faggot, dont be a jew.

Attached: 15130863465.png (1307x1714, 1.03M)

Post something substantial. What do you look at? What models do you use? What OS does your data feed aggregate run? What tangible actionable insight can you provide other than lame ass larp or fib data gather thread? Post screenshot with time stamp of your employee badge.

Get rekt larping cunt. Hope my tax dollars r treating u well

>Post something substantial. What do you look at?

The sun, it's a solar telescope.
(Actually there's instances where we do night observations too, but they're rather rare; and there's also a Jupiter-observation project... but I haven't seen that in operation.)

> What models do you use?

This may be changing soon; but the on-site stuff is pretty much pure data-collection with all the model-processing taking place at NMSU.

> What OS does your data feed aggregate run?

The "Standard Configuration" runs 16 computers at once with OSes like vxWorks, Windows 98, Windows 7, Solaris, and a custom data-protocol that is honestly poorly designed.

> What tangible actionable insight can you provode other than lame assume larp or fib data gather?

I don't know what you'd accept as proof; and MOST of my stuff is still on-site where I don't have access.

> Post screenshot with time stamp of your employee badge.

Hm, I could do that; give me a few minutes.

>rotating electromagnetic fields
This is like the, "OMG we could have DC current and wouldn't need wires,"-type-of-view, isn't it.

HEY OP

I am going to post the videos I saw and the photos, so you can tell us what you think about it.,

Facebook :
maria.g.hill/videos/10217265266009088/
maria.g.hill/videos/10217259827033117/

disclose().tv (remove the () )

/massive-armada-of-ufos-emerging-out-of-a-giant-spiral-near-the-sun-346338

Thx. I reposted with grammar corrections cause autism but surely OP will deliver

Suspicious observer YouTube is the only nigga I trust with space weather news.

>mercury bearings
I'm a brainlet on those things. Why a mercury float bearing?

maybe because its a nice conductor of heat, liquid at room temp ?? The other lubricants arent that good matybe or its an old design.

What was the last thing seen, to your knowledge, before the FBI came in. What's your opinion on the pictures floating around claiming to be ayy lmaos?

OP is a catposting CIANIGGER with no proof to show

Attached: 1534144766072.jpg (802x854, 266K)

This, the FBI wouldn't even know about some weird sunspot shit unless the observatory reported it to them, which would mean people have the data. That seems to run opposite to what workers and locals are claiming, which is nobody knows nuffin.

DONT TRUST OP !!! FAKE OR ALIEN COMPROMISED !!!

>> Post screenshot with time stamp of your employee badge.
>
>Hm, I could do that; give me a few minutes.

Attached: ID+Timestamp.png (452x480, 435K)

user, are you Anan?

Attached: 0FAD1CAE-F864-4A74-A046-E993A9DF5BBA.png (1125x2436, 3.95M)

WELL SHIT

>FBI Blackhawk helicopter in, shut down observatory and post office because of a mercury spill
Ok.

farmers almanac 2018-2019 winter prediction, make not of the solar reference.
ABOVE-NORMAL TEMPERATURES (ALMOST) EVERYWHERE
This winter, we expect to see above-normal temperatures almost everywhere in the United States, except in the Southwest, where we’re predicting a colder-than-normal season. It’s still going to be wintery, of course, but it won’t be an especially frigid year. Our milder-than-normal forecast is due to the expected arrival of a weak El Niño, which will prevent cold air masses from lingering in the North. Despite a decrease in solar activity, we predict that the other factors that contribute to winter weather will keep temperatures above normal.

sauce: the fucking farmers almanac

>the person below me is an ayylmao dont trust what he says

Per David Wilcock the sun is a portal. .....filaments are ships teleporting here. If hes right we could see ufos poppong up by the sun.

>>I'm a brainlet on those things. Why a mercury float bearing?
>maybe because its a nice conductor of heat, liquid at room temp ?? The other lubricants arent that good matybe or its an old design.
Pretty much all of these. It *does* allow for full 360-degree rotation though.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

shill larp piece of shit who can't post a single piece of mail with a timestamp on it

typical fibposter or larp.

>hey Jow Forums i iz insider
>i dont know anything
>it iz happeninz
>cant give brufs

go fuck yourself

Well brother, all bearings are supposed to do the no-scope-360 things - its about precision, friction, time between maintenance, all those things.

Anyway, can you comment on the nature of the video I linked earlier ? the facebook one ??

>>What was the last thing seen, to your knowledge, before the FBI came in. What's your opinion on the pictures floating around claiming to be ayy lmaos?
Nothing interesting; actually I saw the Sheriff blast past me last week when I was heading to Las Cruces (where NMSU is), when I got into town was when my boss told me about the "ongoing security concern" and told me not to return to Sunspot until further notice.

You're just as in the dark as I am, unfortunately.

Alex Jones is saying thousands of drug mules are crossing the border with guns! Probably not related, but interesting anyway.

Were you there at the time of the raid? What happened?

here are the pics floating around when the ayy lmao and sunspot come up [on here]

Attached: alamoa1.jpg (640x480, 18K)

>user, are you Anan?
It says he's NSO, my ID says NMSU... so either I have two IDs or no.

Attached: alamoa2.png (408x650, 1.01M)

WTF

MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODS!!

SHUT IT DOWN!!!

U still getting paid?

Understood. I'd also think a float bearing has the potential to make even smaller adjustments too.

Kind of odd that observatories are going dark all of a sudden. Maybe there's something out there we should see for ourselves. I wonder if this is something an amateur astronomer could vaguely spot out.

based terry sees it too.

I walked in on OP's parents having sex

Why are so many other observations centers being reported of being closed as well then? Why are their webcam feeds down?

>Well brother, all bearings are supposed to do the no-scope-360 things - its about precision, friction, time between maintenance, all those things.

Think about how you connect the computers on the rotating part to the non-rotating part... we use some massive brushes/slip-rings for power and data to/from the "table" (rotating part).

I don't have a fucking Facebook, if course you have to sign up to see it. Fuck.

Ok well shit.

You're probably the best person on this board to ask, from what I gathered the sun is supposed to be in its quiet spell of its 11 year cycle.

What was the go with all the talk of auroras being visible at middle latitudes earlier this week? Just a one off occurrence? Or do larger storms happen during the 'quiet time'?

Also one further question, say a Carrington class storm hit Earth and lets say it fried the electrical grid. Would the damage be localized on the hemisphere of Earth facing the sun at the time or would the effects be global?

Attached: 412544-J._C._Dahl-women-artwork-classic_art-painting-Dresden-Germany-cityscape-city-night-river-brid (1920x1080, 331K)

So what, are you just hanging out at the Staybridge more or less indefinitely atm? Could be worse... they do frito pie once a week.

>Anyway, can you comment on the nature of the video I linked earlier ? the facebook one ??
I don't know what to think about it. I don't think it looks like ships, personally... but, again, I support operations and and am not trained in the image-analysis portion. (That may change in the future.)

not buying it. just some weak as nm state sciences student shit posting

idcard.nmsu.edu/aggie-id-card/

you haven't posted shit and nothing you have posted is new info

0/10 weak larp try harder next time

fyi campus wifi is bugged enjoy party v&

>other observations centers being reported of being closed

Got articles or a list I can use to search? This is the first I've heard.

just say what is happening, im paying your bills if i have to

What happens when spaceniggers invade? Will they rob liquor stores and fuck landwhales or will they just smoke crack and jaywalk through heavy traffic?

it's neat that you're local. it's more neat that you have nothing meaningful to offer in terms of new info. stay comfy and keep an eye out for party v&

Hello, I too wotrked at DUnn Soler Telescop, we saw the aliens then they told us to get out AMA

am an alien

can confirm

>Alex Jones is saying thousands of drug mules are crossing the border with guns! Probably not related, but interesting anyway.
I actually would be unsurprised.

>>Were you there at the time of the raid? What happened?
I was traveling to Las Cruces, as far as I can tell.

>U still getting paid?
For now.
I hope that continues, too. (I actually have a huge chunk of work I can do off-site, so it's not like I'm being paid to sit around.)

>Understood. I'd also think a float bearing has the potential to make even smaller adjustments too.
>
>Kind of odd that observatories are going dark all of a sudden. Maybe there's something out there we should see for ourselves. I wonder if this is something an amateur astronomer could vaguely spot out.
I don't know; wish I did... it's just odd.

>Why are so many other observations centers being reported of being closed as well then? Why are their webcam feeds down?
Unknown.

>You're probably the best person on this board to ask, from what I gathered the sun is supposed to be in its quiet spell of its 11 year cycle.
Correct. (There's actually several cycles, but the dominant one is the 11 year one.)

>What was the go with all the talk of auroras being visible at middle latitudes earlier this week? Just a one off occurrence? Or do larger storms happen during the 'quiet time'?
I hadn't heard of these.

Don’t a bunch of people live up there? Did they have to evacuate on moments notice?

Attached: alamoa4.png (408x650, 1.01M)

>>>How much mercury is there?
>A little less than 200 gallons.

If this is true then prove it by telling how many pounds it weighs.

These are 'confirmed' ones. I think a few others have been added to the list since then.

>AXIS 232D Network Dome Camera located in Sydney Australia

>Webcams located at SOAR Observatory – The Southern Astrophysical Research Telescope located in Chile

>BRT Tenerife Telescope Webcam located in Spain

>Webcam located at Mauna Kea observatory at the University of Hawaii Hilo

>Webcam from the Canada-France-Hawaii Telescope observatory in Hawaii

>Webcam at JAT OBservatory in Fairless Hills, Pennsylvania

>starts a Jow Forums ama
>came from reddit
>doesnt know anything
>i_dont_know.jpg

Remember kids, these are the threads shills love because oldanons have to waste time exposing wannabe stolen valor OPs who provide zero new useful information to the community.

OP, unless you have something useful, go back to working on 3 body problems in Matlab or whatever your 102 year old professor has you work on.

>CIA nigger larping as a Dunn Solar Telescope employee for damage control

Ok, so know I KNOW something's up with the FBI raid.....

I thought it was just a larp.....Anons, we gotta dig deeper.

Attached: 1536687426724.png (1024x1024, 1.13M)

Tell me what you hear around the office about ayys? Anything good?

>Also one further question, say a Carrington class storm hit Earth and lets say it fried the electrical grid. Would the damage be localized on the hemisphere of Earth facing the sun at the time or would the effects be global?
I would think that it would be the one side, but EM can do weird stuff (think radio-signals 'bouncing'), so I wouldn't write off global-scale destruction... actually, considering duration, it could well be that one would last days, in which case Earth's rotation would make us spit-roasts to the storm.

>So what, are you just hanging out at the Staybridge more or less indefinitely atm?
I'm telecommuting; as I said upthread, I have a good chunk of stuff I don't need to be on-site to do.

>not buying it. just some weak as nm state sciences student shit posting

I see you didn't see the part where it says "Staff" -- the student cards say "Graduate" or "Undergraduate".

>you haven't posted shit and nothing you have posted is new info
I said up-front I don't know really anything other than the site's closed with "ongoing security concerns" -- I wish I knew more, it's where I work[ed].

>am an alien
You have to go back.

Attached: cut-off-the-flow.jpg (500x598, 239K)

neat so you're thread is worthless

thx for confirming

Hey all ask me anything. I am real vagen

Attached: cropped-IDcardClickHere.jpg (277x197, 20K)

You may not know anything, but people that work with you have their opinion, some may know the truth.
So, what are most talking about? Is there anyone acting odd?

its 22,700 pounds you dumb leaf that doesn't prove dick.

>ooh there's a piece of human there
Let's play a guessing game here. There are three fingers, index, middle, and ring finger. We can establish a profile for intermediate and distal planges on your hand, which we can determine for a high likelihood that you are male from 2D:4D ratio. Paler skin tone indicates you're of European or Asian descent.

As for fingernails, that fingernail shape seems to have a slight likelihood in favor that you're Asian, probably one that lives in closer proximity to a coast than a mainland. Lunula is also somewhat small and the nails are a bit flatter. You've bitten your nails in the past, but just try to cut them short these days.

Probably not that accurate. Not a lot of information to work with.

Hi. I’m a solar telescope. AMA.

you sound like you have been on Jow Forums before...

Do u hav bobs to?

Correct answer is less than 22590 idiot.

>>Don’t a bunch of people live up there? Did they have to evacuate on moments notice?
Not a whole lot anymore; it used to be about 90 people or so... but the NSO pulled out FAST when they got funding for the facility in Hawaii so there's only a few houses up there that are occupied anymore. -- Actually it's kind of sad: all the organizations that were/are involved there are stuck in "bean-counter" mode and unable to see potential, only costs/expenses.

>If this is true then prove it by telling how many pounds it weighs.
DST turret ‘float’ bearing / 20.99 gallons / 2372.92 lbs
DST upper turret tube seal / Amount unknown
DST main ‘float’ bearing / 125.86 gallons / 14226.92 lbs
DST lower tube seal / 2.7 gallons / 305.56 lbs

> Remember kids, these are the threads shills love because oldanons have to waste time exposing wannabe stolen valor OPs who provide zero new useful information to the community.
I said up-front they're keeping us in the dark over here.

>>You may not know anything, but people that work with you have their opinion, some may know the truth.
>So, what are most talking about? Is there anyone acting odd?
Not really; mostly it's the stress of everything being up in the air and unknown. (Kind of like being in the Army and getting "hurry up and wait" instructions.)

We cant build jails overnight for the swamp, government facilties... whatever they can get, usps, observatories, hopefully forrest preserves perfect for rope weather. Checkem

Accurate enough.

>>you sound like you have been on Jow Forums before...
A little bit. / The best part is that people can say what they want... the worst part is sometimes the signal:noise ratio is really bad... and sometimes the threads go by too fast to really read.

Were there any new hires or employees acting suspiciously, like making frequent trips to the post office?