EU's copyright reform

---------------------------
Press B to boycott.
---------------------------

Fellow EU citizens:

BOYCOTT - DON'T BUY FROM THEM. DON'T VOTE FOR THEM.
saveyourinternet.eu/the-european-parliament-voted-on-the-article-13-censorshipmachine-what-happens-next/

- Boycott the political parties that approved this orwellian copyright dystopia. Vote for other parties.
- Boycott EU's entertainment industry and mainstream media that lobbied for this.

Next elections to the European Parliament: May 2019.

#SaveYourInternet #Article13

Attached: 1536954699753 2.png (680x357, 67K)

Other urls found in this thread:

boingboing.net/2018/09/12/vichy-nerds-2.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_Parliament_election,_2019
saveyourinternet.eu/the-european-parliament-voted-on-the-article-13-censorshipmachine-what-happens-next/
youtube.com/watch?v=oPLD4at4KXA
youtube.com/watch?v=89ZkydX0FPw
europarl.europa.eu/plenary/en/debate-details.html?date=20180912&detailBy=date
europarl.europa.eu/sides/getDoc.do?pubRef=-//EP//NONSGML+PV+20180912+RES-VOT+DOC+PDF+V0//EN&language=EN
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

just schengen and eea
but B

* Upload filters: Everything you post, from short text snippets to stills, audio, video, code, etc will be surveilled by copyright bots run by the big platforms. They'll compare your posts to databases of "copyrighted works" that will be compiled by allowing anyone to claim copyright on anything, uploading thousands of works at a time. Anything that appears to match the "copyright database" is blocked on sight, and you have to beg the platform's human moderators to review your case to get your work reinstated.

* Link taxes: You can't link to a news story if your link text includes more than a single word from the article's headline. The platform you're using has to buy a license from the news site, and news sites can refuse licenses, giving them the right to choose who can criticise and debate the news.

* Sports monopolies: You can't post any photos or videos from sports events -- not a selfie, not a short snippet of a great goal. Only the "organisers" of events have that right. Upload filters will block any attempt to violate the rule.

Source: boingboing.net/2018/09/12/vichy-nerds-2.html

Attached: 1536970749238.gif (783x792, 261K)

The EU parliament is fucking corrupt to the core it's all about cronies and money laundering, you have no control on who gets in and wtf they vote about at all.
You'd be better off to start a new imageboard in Serbia that's completely outside of the EU's jurisdiction, not a NATO member, corrupt enough not to care what they host and it's on the same continent like most of us.

>you have no control on who gets in

Next elections to the European Parliament: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_Parliament_election,_2019

He's only half wrong. You can vote for MEPs, but MEPs have next to no influence on what actually happens there. It seems their only point is to provide a democratic looking puppet show for the masses.

Yesterday I went to the website of USA Today to read some news and now you can't access the normal website, now you have a specific version of the website called "EU Experience". What the fuck is this shit?

The politicians that approved this law don't know what they have done. This will be another reason for Europeans to hate the European Union.

I know we have a corrupt political class, but nihilism is not going to help us now. This boycott is necessary.

Attached: the heads of the beast 8c.png (711x497, 310K)

From what I know, OUR main political parties betrayed us. We must boycott them in the national elections as well. You may know the saying: "PSOE y PP, la misma mierda es".

None of the normies care. I talked to two dozen people about this in the past months. Only 4 of them were actually concerned, only 2 actually had heard of the issue. The vast majority essentially said that copyright is important and the internet needs more regulation.

Attached: 04F3F3BC-95AA-42B0-860A-16672BF3B182.jpg (337x337, 32K)

I know many people didn't listen, and won't listen. If this Directive finally comes into force and normies start to complain, you know what to tell them: "YOU ASKED FOR IT"

Here's what will happen
>no torrent and no internet radios all links to them will be censored by Google, Twitter, Reddit, Facebook
>paid streaming services forced down your throat like Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime, Spotify
>Microsoft will make both Office and Windows a yearly subscription service
>because of the 1 hr to remove extremist content rule Jow Forums will ban all Europeans otherwise Google and Cloudflare will be forced to moderate the site for the EU

Ak yes, the "wrong result" vote. Just re-do it later!
And EU censorship is already in action as of 2016. There never were any limitations to what we can and cannot view here, but now even clips of our own history are "not available in your country" here. I have to change my location to the US to watch them.
>saveyourinternet.eu/the-european-parliament-voted-on-the-article-13-censorshipmachine-what-happens-next/
Why do I have the feeling this will be a massive flop just like the previous one.

They will care when it starts to censor them too, but by then it will be too late. They will be like the Jews of the Soviet Union - some didn't care and some were actively helping the regime, but at the end of it most wanted to leave but couldn't.

Jow Forums, the Diaspora social network, GNUsocial, mediagoblin, peertube and other alternative sources will be possibly blocked in the EU. That means the consolidation of the oligopoly of big media corporations that have the resources and the will to install filters and hire more mods to censor.

WHAT COULD POSSIBLY GO WRONG?

Attached: 1449075414667 rage.jpg (500x500, 79K)

They aren’t caring about the censorship on Youtube, Twitter, Facebook right now or the censorship in Google results right now. They don’t even notice all this censoring.

>orwellian copyright dystopia
lol

I'm going to vote Vox in the next elections.

>because of the 1 hr to remove extremist content rule Jow Forums will ban all Europeans
There will be blood if that happens.

Just wait for the next european elections

Attached: Screenshot_1.png (913x883, 1.35M)

>There will be blood if that happens

I seriously doubt it. And violence is not the solution anyway. It would only help criminalize dissenting opinions.

It was a joke, amigo.

But I meant that It will be protests if this affects the majority of the internet users.

Salvini denouncing the control the EU wants to put in the internet. At the end of this video.

youtube.com/watch?v=oPLD4at4KXA

Press S to spit on EUcucks and that (((Kalergi))) plan of theirs

Nothing will happen, here's the demographic of the site
>underage kids
>Hispanic working class from America
>homos and traps
>antisocial fuckups
Nearly all financially broken and sexless too. We don't fucking count.

I already can't reach certain sites due to them hosting or discussing copyrighted material, this is bullshit and will just keep on getting worse
Guess i'll either start using VPNs regularly or just fuck off from the internet as a whole

Italy banned infinitychan. They dgaf of this shit online.

Who do you think we are, Reddit? What's next? A thread begging us to care about Net Neutrality?
No, we're not going to do some retarded internet justice movement. We're just going to laugh at the retarded Europeans getting what they deserve and enjoying the ride as they crash and burn.

>mfw shit sites cried and begged their users about net neutrality for months and it passed anyway

Attached: file.png (591x343, 289K)

Spread the message, not only on Jow Forums. You can use this picture, for example.

Attached: 1536954699753 2 twit.png (601x729, 106K)

i already boycotted german products long ago

>Europeans continue to believe that their support of the EU fiat matters in the slightest

Attached: 1285400207724a.png (428x510, 164K)

>violence is not the solution anyway
yes it is, we're long past the point where we can fix this shithole by talking about it

>mfw shit sites cried and begged their users about net neutrality for months and it passed anyway

The time for "begging" is over. Now it's time to boycott them. Don't vote for them, don't buy from them.

By the way, I wouldn't be surprised if UK's government supports this copyright reform, even after Brexit.

>Voting
>EU
Nice meme
Enjoy it while it's still legal

Inb4 some autist creates websites that are distributed - that cannot be traced back to anyone. Literally a p2p kind of internet with shared storage / hosting schemes. There is probably a software way around this, a way around it so that it becomes physically impossible for download filters to be required

Yeah that will make a total difference.

>I wouldn't be surprised if UK's government supports this copyright reform, even after Brexit.
100% this if you think Mrs snoopers charter wouldn't be down for this you're fucking retarded

Attached: 431.png (600x689, 388K)

Yeah that will make a total difference.

Great, that's exactly the nihilism that our corrupt political class expects from us. [/irony]

Who are those mainstream media you talk about? Examples.

How many TV channels, radio stations and newspapers have opposed this new Directive? How many of them have even informed about this copyright quagmire in your country while the Internet was on fire over this?

You can find the answer in these 2 questions.

The less Europeans on the internet the better

So every mainstream media then? It's true that I haven't heard nothing about this in the news.

Is the law already active?

youtube.com/watch?v=89ZkydX0FPw

What is worse the net neutrality in the USA or article 13 in the EU?

No, the Directive hasn't come into force yet.

Attached: UE.jpg (2495x2495, 1.08M)

Articles 11 and 13 are probably worse than the end of net neutrality. The governments in the EU will have to enforce these orwellian measures to censor and surveil. It's not an option for Internet platforms, it is mandatory.

The EU commission is a direct emanation of the governments.
It's not imposed on them, they wanted it. Because people are starting to understand they're just bullshitting their citizens.

But is has been already voted, right? So just wait until it is publish or something?

One of the reasons why I haven't lost my mind yet is because I have an outlet here, a place where I can speak my heart out if you will. If they take that away many of us will just fall even further down the rabbithole. They are effectively cornering each and everyone of us individually, there are atleast some who are bound to snap when it happens.

It has been already voted in, yes. It comes into effect in early 2019.

And can the governments refuse to apply it in their territory or is it mandatory?

After the sept 12th vote, there will be so called 'trilogue negotiations’ (basically negotiations behind closed doors). If they decide to keep the Directive as it it, then the Parliament in your country will have to create a national law the incorporates the content of the EU's Directive.

EU wide and mandatory. They made the vote behind closed doors, what makes you think that implementation will be any different?

>They made the vote behind closed doors
Literally? The voting wasn't public?

Try and find a public one. I can't. In fact I heard about it only after it was declared.

But BREXIT is literally proof that elections/voting won't solve our problems here in the euroviet union...

Attached: Euroviet Union.png (271x183, 8K)

The vote was public. There was a public debate and it was broadcast live on the EU's Parliament website.

Do you have any link to it?

I second this.

Wrong. It's a corporate fascist macro-state in the way Mussolini envisioned it.

Attached: Fascism is Evil.jpg (750x369, 40K)

The other one is far more accurate.

Attached: eustar.jpg (363x436, 38K)

Multimedia of the debates on Sept 12th:
europarl.europa.eu/plenary/en/debate-details.html?date=20180912&detailBy=date

Documents of the votes:
europarl.europa.eu/sides/getDoc.do?pubRef=-//EP//NONSGML+PV+20180912+RES-VOT+DOC+PDF+V0//EN&language=EN

If I'm reading this correctly the vote was far from unanimous.

As if yuros have a choice, lmao. This is a sinking ship and there's no way out.

See pic related

Attached: vote.jpg (1280x1350, 140K)

>364 pro
>289 anti
>75 had the decisive vote

the euro fags are censoring everthing,user.
>mfw when sjw says im irrelevant

Attached: fakeflag-as1-kb2-kb3-kb5.png (1200x700, 113K)

>>Everything you post, from short text snippets to stills, audio, video, code, etc will be surveilled by copyright bots run by the big platforms. They'll compare your posts to databases of "copyrighted works" that will be compiled by allowing anyone to claim copyright on anything, uploading thousands of works at a time. Anything that appears to match the "copyright database" is blocked on sight, and you have to beg the platform's human moderators to review your case to get your work reinstated.

Something similar is working on Jewtube and it's not working at all. simple mirror is jewing it. Any fix to brightness also, so I call this whole paragraph a Bulshit

>>You can't post any photos or videos from sports events -- not a selfie

Also I call BS. Post screan from art 13 or art 11 that claims any copyright or wrong-full use of intellectual property when the whole "image" is made by You.

B
+OC