Current state of our Military

One word...EMBARRASSING!
This the military not giving a flying fuck about our soldiers words?
Come the fuck on America. At this pace thank goodness we’re making talks with BEST KOREA.

Midlle East? Will rape

Attached: A40DECE7-8C05-401F-BEF5-CF44FE28E08D.jpg (1047x1021, 519K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=iTbTyFloelc&t=6s
youtube.com/watch?v=P9uny8aCoLc
pewpewtactical.com/best-ar-15-bcg-bolt-carrier-group/
andersonmanufacturing.com/rf-85/
youtube.com/watch?v=xlL-uRkJ0yA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Do you even have a clue about the costs of replacing a standard issue rifle? considring the AR 15 platform is a reliable and modular system?

>considring the AR 15 platform is a reliable and modular system?
I could see them replacing the rifle, but keeping all the modular parts somewhat compatable. The standard rifle itself with no bling is probably a $300-500 piece of hardware at the cost the USA pays for it. If something better is considered, great. The AR platform is damn near bulletproof...Id love to know what the complaints of the military are....not to discount them either...just because they know better then I do, and I certainly respect their angle. I am not worried about a sheet of paper attacking me when my gun jams.

Standard issue should be efficient yet cheap. You wouldn't arm your soldiers with 3K$ SCARs would ya?

what's so bad about it? i thought they were pretty solid rifles

Because small arms account for a very small minority of kills in modern combat. Totally replacing the M16/M4 with something better is not nearly as cost effective as upgrading artillery and airforce assets. Modern warfare is pretty much just bombing and shelling the fuck out of the enemy and then having the foot soldiers walk in and mop up whatever is leftover. The M16/M4 is perfectly sufficient.

the Marines already kind of replaced it in a sneaky way

Attached: M27-IAR-1.jpg (1086x610, 406K)

Nothing wrong with M4 of 5.56 NATO other than city kids who complain it isn't instant death ray like on COD.

This is the US Military were talking about. They love to pointlessly blow taxpayer dollars and sink us further into debt to inflate our war driven economy more and more. I honestly think we could bring all of our troops overseas back, discharge half of them, build new bases solely to protect the country from foreign invasion, then some incase we need to invade the neighbors, and let the rest of the world figure it out. It would solve the debt problem in an instant and free up money for infrastructure, education, etc. stuff we actually need.

What's wrong with M4 and m16s?

That is one of the things that makes the AR platform so great. It is totally modular and the upper receiver can be swapped in a matter of seconds and make it a totally different gun.

Attached: 50cal_upper.jpg (900x380, 40K)

5.56 is an itty bitty boolet

>what’s wrong with m4/m16
I’ve been in iraq. I’ve seen people pump 6 bullets into insurgents and they can still stand up and run away. You need a bullet that liquidates any organ it hits, renders it completely useless and incapacitates or kills the enemy moments after impact. Even if the insurgent dies later, in that moment, he can still fire back.

>he can still fire back.
Thank you for your service, and thank you for the clarification. I own a civilian AR, and it was a recent purchase. I usually stick with .30+ caliber.....I was shocked at how small the bullet was compared to 30-06. 5.56 seems to be a high end rimfire.

Bullets go fast, but you are saying that it is not enough, and I believe you. Should they upgrade all to the .308 platform?

What about a AR10? The same platform just 7.62. Modular shit will still work. And thank you for your service user.

probably using shitty steel core M855. Civilians are allowed to use actual expanding ammo.

Then the unemployment rate would be a lot higher. Big corporations wouldn't allow it to happen. They make billions selling their product to the military. GE is a good example.

Yeah try to remember that when I double tap you in the chest with my widdle buwwets from 300 meters Rambo

What the fuck is wrong with the M4 and M16?

I wouldn't want to get shot by .22lr that doesn't make it a good round

If your country did that it would end the very lucrative drug trade your government relies on for covert operations.

It won't happen, ever.

Reminder: your time was wasted in Iraq and your efforts made the world a worse place.

I genuinely wonder what country you are from op? Yes we see the VPN, but your engrish is terribu! Please tell your officer in charge to demote you, and replace you with someone better.

overheats james a lot, needs a lot attention like the autists that use it.

if you dont clap 3 times a day and thank it 6 times for its service it will sperg out on you.

That's due to the design of the bullet the military issues, not any inherent flaw with the M4/M16. 62gr mild steel core penetrators are absolute shit against people. There are new rounds being developed and tested that are more effective against soft targets. I think the muhreens already issue a new bullet

Am I the only person who knows about the M855a1?

Anyone remember back in the day when this thing was being considered? You saw it in all kinds of video games back in the day.

Attached: xm 8.jpg (500x224, 19K)

You are a nogunz fag and have no idea what you are talking about.

No, "combat troops" do NOT complain about the M4/M16. Anyone who knows what they're doing loves it. Which is why SOF across the world uses it, many times over their country's service rifle, like SAS using it over their trash L85.

youtube.com/watch?v=iTbTyFloelc&t=6s

vs m4

youtube.com/watch?v=P9uny8aCoLc

M4a1 has to have a heavier barrel to not blow

They love it as soon as you put a piston system in it anyway.

You're a moron. The dumb article is about the M4/M16. Not 556. That's a wholly diff argument. This article is fake anyway. I bet your MOS was something related to food service

>can't put a cheek rest on the AR platform due to bolt placement
>bolt placement makes it difficult to charge the weapon and remain on target
>awful ergonomics
>forward assist because it jams so frequently
>buffer spring in the stock meaning there can be no short stocks or foldable stocks and have to instead use trash ones that try to work around the problem
>not even going into why the 556 is trash
The ar15 platform is a piece of utter trash. It is so disgustingly bad it's unbelievable. The only reason it's so popular is because American's want it to be the American AK47. But it's not. It's trash.

my gun laws allow me to have g36 as civilian, can you oh wait you can only convert some shitty 22 and pretend, like you pretend to be straight.

hey how is that TAX stamp for silencers over there did you suck the ATF good off?

because I dont need o all accessories to gun are allowed because the part of the gun.

Armature.

the marketing jude strikes again.

Fuck 5.56.

I dislike the M-16 because it symbolizes the conceptual move away from an emphasis on highly-trained accurate shooting to low-cost, unaimed walls of metal. History will always vindicate the armies that shoot aimed shots with the most power from farthest away.

The pistol grip might be a good idea, but let's lengthen that barrel and return the caliber. Already in the armed forces, the 6.5 Creedmore round is starting to replace existing calibers for the more highly trained units.

Attached: Confederate_4.jpg (1750x1492, 688K)

Why? Gas piston is heavier. Soldiers and marines HATE weight. Gas piston is less accurate when firing rapidly. Gas piston often has a slower cyclic rate. Need I go on? You trade a lot just for shelf life.

556 was designed for a 20" barrel. With modern Urban/armored warfare, trips have been commonly using 14", down to 11.5" barrels this the tinny 22. Cal round is unable to yaw and tumble, in soft tissue targets as it was designed.

You've been brainwashed by liberal false charts and graphs user.

Military is less than 20% of our yearly budget. But liberals pretend that medicare isn't the other 80% and cutting the military will magically fix healthcare.

>I went to die for Schlomo, respect me!!!
get hit by an IED next time your deployed. for me, will you?

kys shill

Attached: how to filter.png (1238x935, 124K)

>g36
We can but those here.

Armchair general has no idea what hes saying. Volume of fire is what wins modern engagements almost every single time. Even Russia and China followed suit. The entire world did, except turkey decided to go backwards. Turkey. Your musket meme is about in line with your frame of mind; antiquated and obsolete, and potentially turkish

Why the fuck would anyone want a G36.. ?

unlike you niggers and m4 they work.

Then we should stop pretending like we care about a section of the Hague conventions that we never signed anyway and issue hollowpoints

Instead of a new gun to replace m4/16 (huge waist of money) how about just better quality BCG. Everything else works pretty good.
pewpewtactical.com/best-ar-15-bcg-bolt-carrier-group/

Has the military ever given a shit about soldiers' complaints?

Yes. Please double tap me in the chest with the bullet that'll at most pierce the skin and muscle tissue.
As said
Dude can shoot a guy 6 times while wearing basic kevlar (or whatever the muslims use) imo we should adopt a better weapon like the Colt LE901-16S which uses 7.62 NATO and 5.56 NATO with the ability to swap barrels. Plus as Colt has been a partner with the US before we most likely could get a discount.

Attached: 1537004921458.jpg (536x619, 407K)

You charge the AR once, and you never need to charge it again. Ergos are VASTLY superior to AK variants. Its lighter. The reload is 2-3x faster than AK variants. You are a dumpster.

kys

Basically you want some dum-dums that aren't in violation of Hague convention. It's stupid they were banned anyway (thanks to the Germans). It's not like there aren't tonnes of horrific ways to die on the modern battlefield.

When m4 AR15 fails usually it’s a dirty gun BCG to be exact. With modern coating this can be eliminated to an extent
andersonmanufacturing.com/rf-85/

German brainlet. Have fun with one of the least accurate NATO weapons. The only weapon you have that's decent is the M416, and that's a blatant copy of the M4/M16. And even the M416 is expensive as sin and doesnt do much better. Sounds a lot like the Eurofighter Typhoon. Developed as kraut welfare and jobs projects first, and weapon system second

e started getting issued these in 2012. They're pretty fucking accurate as well as having a high rate of fire. The reliability of them over a saw is one of their best features imho

>soldiers complaining about their gear
soldiers everywhere have done this since time immemorial. Their gear is fine, soldiers are just natural whiners

garbage clickbait

troops love the M4

and the SCAR, which did see some limited adoption

Yes becAuse we want to shell out 3k MORE ontop of the 11k gear we put on our troops. Atleast with some variants people are recommending are cheaper than the scar.

>ability to swap barrels
AR platform you can get .22 all the way up to bolt action.50BMG. Take two pins to change upper assembly for different caliber

>>bolt placement makes it difficult to charge the weapon and remain on target
Bolt holdopen.
>>forward assist because it jams so frequently
No one has even actually used one.
>buffer spring in the stock meaning there can be no short stocks or foldable stocks and have to instead use trash ones that try to work around the problem
Widowmaker or 15 variant with buffer spring upper.
>not even going into why the 556 is trash
.300BLK

No even going into the ergo debate because you're championing the AK which ain't.

GET FUCKED, IVAN

If you want to use dumdums the next time we start a world war by all means do it. The results will be great, just trust me bro.

Soldiers bitch about everything, especially their weapons, the only time they were right was with the M16 during Vietnam that malfunctioned left and right until soldiers were given the M16A1

butthurt no engineering skills nigger.

I really hope the US keeps the m4 and i see more dead amerniggers on tv. Its making me fucking happy.

No wonder that the US is stagnating you dont have any country to invade to and steal technology from.
HAHAHAHAH

LOOOOOSER

>thank you for your service
the absolute state of America, the only person who should be thanking US troops for their service is Israelis. But why would a master thank his slave?

Attached: 1507650028483.jpg (542x540, 17K)

>complaining about the m4a1
Why? That platform is godtier

Says the german, whose finest "engineers" can only steal American Eugene Stoners genius invention, since their arms industry hasnt created anything of value since the MP5.

G36C is pretty good, longer range than m4s

I thought 556 got the job done, the fuck are you saying 556 dont liquefy organs? I thought the speed of the bullet made it shatter.

why arent machine guns given more focus these days? i read that the vast majority of infantry kills are done by machine gunners and it seems like they would be far more valuable than a semi automatic rifle

I've seen germans who come to the US on exercises and literally cry because they're thanked for their service in a foreign land but are spit on and ridiculed and afraid to go into public in uniform in their fatherland. Meme or not, being military in US is better than anywhere else

>nogunz, the post

>gets attacked by Saudi terrorists
>responds by going to war with Israels enemies
>floods Saudi Arabia with weapons
>thank you for your service

Attached: YSE4YeU30Ml9yEcIkIxIPEEkIMIxvNXcwM57uo0SjUc.jpg (800x728, 148K)

it's a cryptocommie that thinks AKs are good

In coming newly designd rifle round because the US cant stomach admitting the AK762 being a better war bullet

.40cal

i still think it looks cool

said the country that used former stolen german tech since ww2

Attached: 1481032120864.jpg (300x300, 47K)

No one uses 7.62x39 except third world countries. Another nogunz here

Germany hasnt created much worthwhile since 1945, and nothing at all since the cold war ended. that's kind of my point, brainlet.

That with the airburst underbarrel

Shut up and buy some more Rheinmetall 120mm

Stalin was way too kind on you.

Too ugly.

Attached: 1535545960736.jpg (336x305, 27K)

Theyre so bad the US has banned importing them, even tries to stop any kind of parts from getting in

Muh aesthetics

Attached: image.gif (200x200, 2.95M)

Congrats you "developed" a big smooth bore tube. Amazing what germans have to be proud of these days.

AK is total shit at any kind of distance. The combination of the inaccuracy of the AK-47 with the terrible ballistics of the 7.62x39 means you can't hit jack shit.

Attached: drop_chart_300blk.png (765x435, 38K)

Imagine being this nogunz

Yeah retard, it's totally that simple. That's why we buy it from them instead of making it or having invented it ourselves.

I just can't.

Attached: 1518730775663.jpg (276x182, 7K)

>Already in the armed forces, the 6.5 Creedmore round is starting to replace existing calibers for the more highly trained units.
>He doesn't want .30-06 Springfield back
Faggot

Attached: 1535041617711.jpg (318x480, 17K)

Volume of fire is better for the same reason muskets were adopted over longbows.

Takes years and skill to master the use of a longbow and with that comes many advantages (longer range, just as deadly, faster rate of fire). But a peasant can be taught to use a musket in minutes and short range volley fire pretty much guarantees someone will hit.

Modern armies went with easy to use high rate of fire over teaching these lumpy headed idiots how to aim and properly use a rifle.

>considring the AR 15 platform is a reliable

No it isn't. A tiny amount of dust will have it misfiring like crazy. it's a shit weapon. We ought to have a weapon like the AK, it can't be easily disassembled, but it's so reliable that it doesn't need to be. We should have a weapon that only lasts as long as the barrel and requires very little maintenance during its lifespan.

30-06 is inferior in every single way to 7.62 NATO / .308

what do you gun experts think about Heckler & Koch G36 and G36C?

Attached: 1532100545882.png (772x514, 435K)

This meme is old and has been disproven so many times. Because of the ARs closed system it is actually MORE reliable in some environments than the AK open system

>You wouldn't arm your soldiers with 3K$ SCARs would ya?
scars wouldn't be 3k if they went into mass production to arm the military.

Someone should teach you about how trade deals, markets and globalism work

It wasn't exactly a terrible idea. The thing was designed to replace the M249, M16/M4 and M24 all at once. as you could swap out various parts. The Rifle as depicted in your picture is shit because it has no rails for attachments but the end result rifle wasn't going to look like that.

>overheats

Here is a video of the cheapest of the cheap AR-15 upper receiver making it about 100 rounds farther than a typical AL-47 in full auto fire. And keep in mind this is the total bargain bin civilian AR-15.