Foreign Language Reading

Learning a language is tiresome when you're reading the boring stuff put out there by language programs, university and other normie tier tools.
Let's make a list and help each other out for some Jow Forums approved foreign language reading that is beginner tier or easily accessible to those studying foreign languages.
English reads for non-native English speakers
Easy reads: George Washington farewell address, Gettysburg Address, Eisenhower speech on the military's industrial complex
Medium: Starship Troopers, Bravo Two Zero
Hard: Memoirs of U.S. Grant, Hocus Pocus by Kurt Vonnegut
The goal is to have a list of texts written in different languages that would interest the average poltard. Naturally, some of the items will be a bit basic as we are still learning the target language.

Attached: IMG_6411.png (1242x2208, 2.41M)

Other urls found in this thread:

learningrussian.net/anna_karenina_toc.php
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Shameless self bump

bump

bump for interest

I'm looking for recommendations in the Russian language

Viktor tsoi albums are all available on YouTube. Google the lyrics & you will grab yourself a whole bunch of vocabulary.

Grammar is bredy tough, so worth gaining some familiarity before trying to decode.

If you prefer - Tchaikovsky, etc. Parallel plus bible app has English & Russian alongside (and listen to an Audiobook bible simultaneously - search библя on YouTube)

Thank you.
I'm decent wit him the grammar, but really looking Tovar expand my vocabulary and actually branch into some interesting things.
My ultimate goal is to read Tolstoy and other classics in Russian

Vladimir vysotsky - wolf hunt. Just learn loads of songs.

They also have a shit ton of modern degenerate pop stuff, if u prefer.

Bump for decent idea.
Thanks user

No problem, I figured there's a few of us in the same boat.
Thanks for the bump user

Come on lads, this is an actually good thread idea. Post more!

I've heard listening to music can help a lot. I read War and Peace (English version) when I was in Afghanistan and have been learning Russian ever since. Two years of Russian at University and getting ready to spend some time in Russia next fall

learningrussian.net/anna_karenina_toc.php

There are loads of parallel translations of tolstoi available free online.

Also Solzhenitsyn audio books on YouTube. Inc 200 лeт вмecтe.

Get ur red pills at the same time!

Look for Пyшкин выcтpeл - there are a bunch of excellent short stories available with parallel translations. Tolstoi pretty heavy going - nice to have a goal, and all that...

If we have some decent contributions, we can make a couple of threads and then archive the different stuff for each language.
It's just so much easier to learn if you're reading, listening and exploring subjects you like instead of saying "I am from America" "Do you speak English?"

I had an opportunity to meet Solzhenitsyn shortly before he died, but I couldn't make the trip at the time. One of my only regrets in life. August 1914 was great

I figure it will take another year or two to reach Tolstoy reading ability. Now I can read everyday, simple newspapers and some short stories. I was lucky to have an excellent teacher in school

Loads of vidya of crazy uncle zhirinovsky on RT & that other chat show, that often have sub's / translations - more of a help with fluency. Btw - how are your Jow Forums power levels, user? Am I detecting a slight glow, at all?

No, I am a through and through right winger.
after my time in the Army I did some work for the State Department and a few other agencies, but those days are behind me, and I was only a trigger pulled. Maybe that's a stink I haven't been able to wash off yet, though.
I am in medical sales now as I pursue a Ph. D in history and raise my family

just aiendly bump to say - fuck french

>learning a foreign language
>ever

French isn't so bad, they have good literature but it is a shit language to learn. It's a clusterfuck of a system that they excuse by saying it's "so romantic"

Were you serving in Afghanistan?

I hope you will have great time here, good luck.

Attached: AENEwNk6_Kc.jpg (980x653, 154K)

I was. I spent over three years of my life in Afghanistan. I started out as an Infantryman and then moved into another unit, then did a few deployments with them.
Sheltered in an old soviet base once, we got ambushed and fucked up pretty bad. Got some cool pictures with tanks and worn out artillery.
Thanks for the wishes, I can't wait to go to Russia.

Easy peasy.
Take one book from each year of literature school course.
Read.

I like that idea, and I think it works well with Russian because it is an unpuzzed, noncuck nation/culture. But if one were to do that with English or Spanish you may be reading feminist or homosexual or transgender garbage

Another shameless self bump