Why wont millennials become tradesmen?

the pay is good, no debt and you can make cool stuff.

Attached: 9f4f85126cf8c81211f4bafff3e956d8.jpg (720x756, 125K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bGlJDxN2zlE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Being a tradesman is a scary field, you are one invention away from taking a major pay cut (not saying you will be out of a job).

You are also prone to your market over-inflating and now you can't find work unless you move.

tradesman here, it fucking sucks unless you own your own business. it destroys your body and your surrounded by room temp IQs who just want to talk about niggerball and capeshit

thats most normies dude

Its because the millennial generation was raised being told 24/7 to go to college and that youre above blue collar work. So they go to college in a field that is over saturated and cant find a related job after graduation. When they all turn ~30 and are sick of working at starbucks, then you will see them in the trades.

>why wont millennials become tradesmen?
Won't they? Care to share some statistics on how many will or wont or is this just another slide thread?

As opposed to having a data entry job with a degree? Please just shut the fuck up, they aint sending a robot to do HVAC work.

gatekeeped by boomers and illegals

Most plumbers, welders, pipefitters, millwrights, and electricians i know are all conservative and hard working. And they make $40-80 and hour with union benefits.

Boomers turned the trades into union club houses

Yeah, it's "boomers" fault that you are unemployed and unemployable.

boomers refuse to train and refuse to pay a fair wage

fuck off

Did it. Ten month tradeschool, hired on at what I thought was a cool, family-owned company. Worked hard for a month. Fired after they got caught up on orders.

Gatekept by faggot boomers and sub-90 IQ good ol' boys.

>destroys your body
gonna have to go with this one, faggot op trade shill. its fucked up enough from the infantry. now fuck off and quit posting this

Attached: 95152D0E-094B-4D12-80F6-E47F55A87DA2.png (500x504, 115K)

I am a union Boilermaker and was previously a non-union welder for some years. The trades aren't nearly as lucrative as Mike Rowe would have you believe, with a few exceptions. Take some advice from someone who learned the hard way.

>DO:
Electrician, HVAC, Plumber, Diesel Mechanic, Operator

>DON'T:
Welder, Machinist, Carpenter, Concrete, Brickie, general labor

Attached: 20170628_071230-1.jpg (5312x2988, 2.19M)

...and earn 6 figures while many lawyers earn $40k a year.

I have two STEM degrees I'm just answering why I got a degree instead of a free pass into into the secret clubhouse

>boomer teachers didn't spend every day of K-12 education telling younger generations that college is the only option in life and anything else is failure

But actually though

That's very simple, because they paid for education and now they want to work where they studied. Stop selling shit that isn't available or needed.

Because I wasn't taught it was a viable alternative.

>t. wage-debt slave middle manager

learn to weld and build retards of /pol. when the economy collapses (soon) uncle sam will give zero fucks about you and yours. you will be on your own. 100% money-back guarantee.

look at this autist, he built a fucking castle with his bare hands.
youtube.com/watch?v=bGlJDxN2zlE

mostly this, although im thinking "boomers" could be more accurately described as "nepotism", though ill give ya that the nepotistic ones are boomers. i fuckin dare anyone here to try getting a crane operator job these days wihtout having a relative in the business

Truth
Unless you get in with a sweet small company you WILL have to deal with drug users, convicts, wage slaves and piece of shit HRs on a daily basis.
t. did fab welding for 15 years.

>boomers refuse to train and refuse to pay a fair wage
Is that what you tell mom when she asks you why you're not looking for a job?
>I have two STEM degrees
Gender Identity Studies and African History aren't STEM, NEET.
>>boomer teachers didn't spend every day of K-12 education telling younger generations that college is the only option in life and anything else is failure
If you can't think for yourself you deserve everything you get out of life.
>getting a crane operator job
That's not a trade. If as you say nepotism is the trick to getting into the teamster's union (it really is the key to getting most good jobs), perhaps a handy skill would be to network with people and make friends and contacts?

Do you faggots really imply that every single trade is only done only by AARP members collecting social security and they only hire other people collecting social security?

>hurr you should know how life works when you're still a minor and if you don't you deserve to fail
You know what I remember happening every week when I was in high school? Some college would send professors or counselors to talk to us about how important it is that we go to college. You know what never once happened? Technical schools or owners/managers of blue collar companies being invited to do the same thing and try to recruit us.

>>If you can't think for yourself you deserve everything you get out of life

You realize people need to be taught how to think for themselves right? Nobody develops this on their own. Schools dont teach kid to think for themselves, and they dont want them to. (neither does our government for that matter) The powers that be only want us to accept whatever we are told and not question anything at all. I was taught how to think for myself by my father, and am very grateful for it. I have done my best to do this with friends of the years (with varying degrees of success) because neither their teachers nor parents taught them how. You cant be mad at people for believing the college meme when that is all they were ever told and never told of alternatives or how to think critically.

Right? EVER. FUCKING. YEAR. this would happen. And it only got worse as the years went by. The only teachers who shilled for trades were my shop teachers. (of course) They were the only teachers who were honest about the college meme and educated us on the world of trades and what they had to offer.

>Gender Identity Studies and African History aren't STEM, NEET.
No shit, retard, which is why I specified STEM. But apparently somehow you still confused yourself

Did the whole college thing getting a BA in accounting in 2011. Fell into the 'Experience Trap', and never got a job in my field. Decided in 2013 at the age of 28 that I was terrified of turning 30 and still living at home working part time in a deli, and got my CDL. Now I'm about to secure a cushy gig starting at 65k doing Amazon transfers with weekends off. All day I blow through audiobooks, podcasts, and whatever the fuck else I want to listen to.

Wish I would have done this at 21 instead of pissing away 25k for a glorified two year vacation.

I'M A FUCKING MELLINIAL AND I AM A TRADESMEN NOW STFU YOU GOT DAMN KIKE MOTHER FUCKERS WITH YOUR FALSE FLAG BULLSHIT COME AT ME BRO I'LL BE IN THE PARKING LOT AFTER SCHOOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This
But I'm absolutely terrified for the inevitable and soon, driverless trucks

My country is oversaturated with people doing trade jobs.

Beacuse if fucking sucks, I do Service on Industrial Boilers and Air Conditioning.

Sweating balls on No Cooling Service Calls all summer, and then Freezing balls all winter on No Heat Service Calls.

Im constantly cut up and filthy, im 30yo now and by the time im 50yo I will probably have a shit back or knees and possibly some job related illness.

Its not fun getting up at 5am to lift heavy rusty sharp shit and poke around at Electical shit.

Pic Related was my Friday on the roof getting a Chiller drained and valved off to switch over to the Heating Boilers

Attached: 20180914_140348.jpg (4032x3024, 3.03M)

>wants to be a literal pleb
Its the B choice when you fail in life. Or should be.

No it means the hire their sons/nephews/grandsons ect. Which is great if you come from a well connected family, and absolute shit if you dont. I'm willing to bet most of the snobs your addressing don't. That's the flaw with that kind of networking, if you aren't born into those connections you can "network" all you want and the most your going to do is create a huge network of other poor, socially stuck individuals.

Yah but..
The views.
Used to work at AT&T climbing phone poles, the management actually used to say exactly that as a perc.
"Think of the nice views youll experience while being on top of telephone poles"

and /thread
nothing worse than getting called a faggot for 8 hours because you have read a book in the past 12 years

nice crater

Coz it pays fuck all over here in bongland.

too hard

Me and you both, I also was an RF Installer climbing Monopoles and Self Supporters to put in and service Ericsson Antennas for a while when I took a break from Hvac.

We had an in house AT&T rep and Com Train guy, I miss being a tower dog but the pay is much bettet in Industrial HVAC.

how does this work when paco and chinko do it for 3 grains of rice?

Because it's exhausting and ruins your body and sucks like 9-11 months of the year