How should space colonies be regulated?

Would you rather let space colonies become independent entities or keep them under state control?

Attached: bfr-moon-879x485.jpg (879x485, 45K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_High_Frontier:_Human_Colonies_in_Space
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Independent

I imagine it will be similar to how the ISS is handled now, as a collaborative thing.
That works for the Moon since it's so nearby, but future colonies on Mars and beyond may well become independent

ISS isn’t exactly a settlement though, and afaik there are still partitioned by country.

I’m imagining the Moon and pretty much all extraterrestrial land would come under the international water treaty eventually, and countries would require permission from the UN to expand. It’ll be under state control for a while unless it’s a megacorp that’s doing the colonising

SIEG ZEON

They can never be independent until they are self-sufficient, which is not possible at our current technology level.

Depends under which flag the rocket launches with? Like which flag a ship sails under at international seas.

Youre an irrelevant nation, your people have no interest in space go back to the pub you tub of lard

Attached: image.jpg (542x677, 115K)

>let colonies be independent
>get conquered by super powers

Attached: 1525242578358.webm (720x480, 2.71M)

what would happen if they put niggers on mars

Depends.
Do they have oxygen, air pressure suits, and watermelon?

Independence. Libertarian ethnostateism.

Attached: 897725E9-C99D-4BAE-8F5E-C896DAA34EAE.jpg (1080x1080, 135K)

wow, a faggot getting hysterical, how novel

Almost all space colonies would be started by corporations as the only way to really justify going up there is money
It hard to say who should have authority over those companies i dont want earth commies shitting up space economies but i also know that corporation towns are some of the reason Peoples Parties were initially created

>future colonies on Mars
The gravity on Mars makes any long term project a fantasy unless you want your bones to die or you build a literally spinning city

Yes highly regulated as in no niggers. As to your point though direct control from earth would be impossible in practice. Independent or not the day to day governance would be local.

Ultimately it doesn't matter how you would prefer they be regulated or not - at the end of the day if the technology to travel between colonies quickly, cheaply, and efficiently does not exist, there's absolutely no way of enforcing state control over a self-sufficient off-world colony.

If it takes eight months for soldiers to ship out to a mining colony from the nearest garrison, you're not going to be putting down any insurrections. If it's a century long trip to the nearest interstellar colony, you're not going to be establishing regular trade routes.

As soon as a colony can support itself, there is absolutely zero incentive to remain under state control.

>Nanotubes bots reinforcing the bones

Independent, and then for them to quarantine Earth so that the inevitably ethnically homogeneous colony can go forth to conquer the stars while Terrans stew in their mud.

No need to regulate that stuff - natural selection will do it for us. Space is not a forgiving environment, people won't be able to get away with pulling the same kind of crap they do on Earth. People hording supplies, shirking their duties, or prone to violent and rapey outbursts will get quietly shoved out the nearest airlock.

>i too watch kurzgesagt

>As if nasa isn t infested with subhumans already

>As if there wouldnt be a massive push for mud race intonspace

Wake up from.your Christopher Nolan induced fantasy goy

Attached: MV5BZjdkOTU3MDktN2IxOS00OGEyLWFmMjktY2FiMmZkNWIyODZiXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTMxODk2OTU@._V1_SY264_CR0,0,178 (178x264, 14K)

It's unclear whether or not there is some kind of cutoff for gravitational effects on health or whether long-term effects can be reduced to acceptable levels by using centrifuges and the like for short term exercises. There's simply not enough data on that kind of stuff.

>If it's a century long trip to the nearest interstellar colony
To put things into perspective, the fastest speed achieved in space by an object launched by Humanity is 58k km/h (and that was a simple probe).
The closest star system is Alpha Centauri sitting 4.37 light years away.
At the fastest speed we currently achieved a one-way trip would take a little over 81 378 years

Couldn't we just naturally adapt in a few generations aka actual human martians? Although I don't think the fetus will survive gestation. We also tend to bloat up in space and our bones lose all their weight.

Is this how Americans think evolution works?

It depends on who colonizes them. Nowadays, space law is more of a hindrance than help. Thanks to the geniuses who wanted to avoid during the Cold War that the Soviet Union and the US annex parts of other worlds, it is technically impossible for the Outer Space Treaty to annex extra-terrestrial territories.

However, there is the good old rule of the Pavilion; the structure present in Terra Nullius belongs to the flag country of the referred structure. This is how Antarctic bases and open sea ships are managed.

I believe - by the current plans of celestial exploration - that the trend will be the formation of areas similar to our current Exclusive Economic Zones. If the colony of a particular country exists, there will be the right of exclusive exploitation of the resources in a certain radius from the colony; without full sovereignty outside it, and in ships of other pavilions that eventually cross it.

Attached: bjarke_ingels_01.jpg (1000x540, 72K)

The issue with evolution is that not only it takes a long time, but evolution on Earth also never had to deal with a changing gravity.

State control.
Have a missile silo and a marine garrison to keep the government in check, together with national guard police officers.

The republic is the best interplanetary/stellar/galactic form of government.

White only

Mars will definitely go independent once they get enough population and infrastructure to support themselves and tell earth to fuck off with their bullshit

Attached: 1537051528244.png (610x565, 605K)

Adapting isn't the same as evolution. Niggers got more melanin to survive the sun. Asians got slant eyes because rice fields would reflect sunlight and blind them. Just slight variations to help you in your environment not a complete species change.

But in order for a nation to form there needs to be un underlining culture and civilization with a commun ideology. No state in history ever got independent because lamo why not.

Space isn't real

Earth is flat, we live under a dome

Attached: 1537118269252.jpg (340x960, 52K)

>No state ever got independent because lmao why not
That's where you're wrong, kiddo

Attached: 1536783873809m.jpg (1020x1024, 91K)

lmao retard

I think a small import tax on tea should not cause major troubles.

Information travels at near speed of light

Did someone say Mars Republic?

Attached: 1495565627396.jpg (900x900, 89K)

Gib ein beispiel

He's right though

Le flag in pic related

Attached: 1536784641531.png (780x580, 1011K)

The question of gravity is not that hard. Our body tends to collapse in situations of zero gravity - but a constant gravity, even if significantly smaller, is enough to reinforce our physical cohesion. Of course, there will be significant differences; but nothing that effectively prevents us from dwelling or to which we can not adapt.

Although it wasnt blatantly evident to the commun man (again what is), the American independence was the practical manifestation of the massonic/enlightment values.

The reality is that spaceports (and airspace) are controlled by the US government. And the US will never allow colonization launches unless soldiers from the army corp of engineers are the first ones on board.

Fuck these stinking ungrateful belters!

the whole point of making space colonies is to get out from under the thumb of tyrants

Attached: withur we, chapter 1.png (825x1050, 419K)

It will probably get independent once they are self susteinable

It's a long way till space secesionism . But I think it will stay under national grip for some good time

Presumably in time and with shared unique hardships of living on an alien world or space habitat a unique in group communal ideology would develop. The thing is I don't think Independence would be all that desirable in many cases. Heavy handed rule from earth would not be viable while there would be benefits to remaining part of a larger political entity. While some colonies might strike out on their own others, like many of france's current remaining colonies, would remain tied to the home country while basically doing whatever they want internally.

>thinks microgravity is comparable to 0.4g
you'd be fine, possibly with some negative effects later in life and with pregnant women

Not those in
>Russia
>France
>China

Never worked that way, never will.

Same system in all of those
>Russia, China
lmao

Teraforming will be a big thing in that direction . One ting I know , there will not be a space communism for sure .

Watch Mobile Suit Gundam and its UC sequels.

Burger education at it's finest

Attached: 1535050739067.webm (1280x720, 2.95M)

They will be under state control until they no longer need the state that controls them.

So that IS how Americans think evolution works.

>keep them under state control?
How?

Attached: 8hNVxPb_d.jpg (640x467, 33K)

America
"Wild" West
It works that way literally every time... until space runs out.

American colonies were set up by the British crown, and the Western expansion settlements were organized by the American government.
The only way you escape a "tyrant" is conflict.

they'll become independent

Attached: wiresnasa.webm (1280x720, 2.91M)

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_High_Frontier:_Human_Colonies_in_Space

Attached: AZUVDI9.jpg (3840x1634, 425K)

No wonder they don't believe in it

Attached: Smile.jpg (600x600, 94K)

Attached: tangled.webm (1280x720, 1.53M)

SIEG ZEON

Attached: wiressss.webm (640x360, 2.96M)

lol, the government might've thought about it that way in their delusions of grandeur but I betcha that ain't how the colonists felt.

Who do you think financed it? A bunch of impoverished religious outcasts?
You can't call it a delusion while you're talking about running away from their power.

i'm not a flateartfag, but somebody explain this in a logical way, because thats wierd as fuck.

>you'd be fine
t. Elon Musk

We know that zero gravity has negative effects on the human body.

We have no idea what partial gravity does.

Would .5G mean our bones and muscles atrophy only half as bad as zero g? Or would we maintain our bone and muscle mass? Or maybe we'd atrophy just as much?

Some scientists think we'd be fine so long as we slept in a centrifuge that mimicked 1g. Others think that our atrophy would stabilize and we'd lose some muscle, lose some bone mass, but we'd still be very healthy at .5g or less.

But we have no idea. There was supposed to be a small artificial gravity centrifugal donut section on the ISS but funding was cancelled.

I wouldn't be game for spaceflight without some kind of artificial gravity. For one thing your toilet plumbing can be massively simplified. A shit in .5G can be accomplished far and away easier than a shit in zero g.

Since this is happening in space everyone is cringing whenever someone is trying to perform some of these funny tricks by fear of receiving a foot in their mouth.

What's weird as fuck?

They're in 'zero' gravity and spinning around.

Also there was no cable, his pinky got cough in the pocket

Attached: spaceforce14.webm (720x480, 817K)

>Also there was no cable, his pinky got cough in the pocket
ah, now i see it, feel almost as stupid as a flat eart fag for not seeing that.

>Would .5G mean our bones and muscles atrophy only half as bad as zero g?
For the record, Mars gravity isn't .5G, but about .38G (on average)

lol

Attached: NasaOnAString.webm (1280x720, 2.95M)

Analysed 5000h of NASA videos in order to see something looking as cables.
>Yet best thing he got got debunked with 5 min of scrutiny

What, do you think you get to vote a place for yourself on the ark?
Then you must contribute.

How is it those retards never use footage from Mir?

high theft/murder/rape rates

We don't need NASA

Attached: DnA7hZgU8AAxfxC.jpg (1200x675, 52K)

Space assets are under the legal authority of the launching country. See recent shitshow between the FCC, ISRO and Swarm Technologies. That said, all space colonies are going to be built by private consortia for other private entities. Government will only be able to provide high level regulation.

They need funding from somewhere.

SpaceX does.

NASA can pay the bill but they are not needed in development.Also Bezos can finance Apollo sized effort if he decides to do so and i could see him building first orbital habitat to demonstrate the future

Better question: How should space colony regulators be regulated?

>NASA can pay the bill but they are not needed in development
Nasa has shared a lot of tech with spaceX, does most of the funding and spaceX cant even take a piss without NASA aproving it.
>Also Bezos can finance Apollo sized effort if he decides to do so and i could see him building first orbital habitat to demonstrate the future
When you take in acount inflation on the apollo program budget and the fact that a lot of americans who worked for the program where half in it for beating the soviets in the spacerace then bezos probably would come up short.
And i really hope you dont think that bezos networth is actual money on his account.

I will not leave this comment unappreciated

hey dude the psyop moved on to mandella effect opening portals to ur anus

Attached: flatearthfaggett.webm (1920x1080, 1.97M)

Space Marines

Military rules since at the beginning of our life times it would be the military sending people

Governed under United Nations and later some kind of human space republic after we genocided all non-white population and therefore cleansed our gene pool out of everything bad