None of you seriously think America provoked Japan into war, right?

Pic unrelated

Attached: qmcmvqncj7311.png (1024x1090, 1.35M)

Other urls found in this thread:

unz.com/runz/american-pravda-our-great-purge-of-the-1940s/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Oil embargos are a de facto casus belli.

Japan had invaded numerous countries and islands at that point and was threatening to invade US Colonies

I never heard anybody say that.
Japan just got greedy and thought they can score big by attacking the USA from behind.

see

Many things factored into Japan attacking the US. I could see how "US provoked us" could be argued by Japan.. but it'd be a pretty weak argument because Japan was the one to back off in the negotiations. I don't think oil was the biggest factor, though. I think Japan knew that US was close to entering, and thought the axis forces would have a better chance at winning if they took the first shot.

>threatening to invade colonies isn't justification for embargoes

Are you retarded?

Friendly reminder that at the deepest heart of the Japanese deep state, the ultimate goal is revenge upon the United States for the atom bombs.

Attached: latest[1].jpg (1150x818, 218K)

There were no threats against US colonies.

>lose 90% of your oil productions
>definitely not the biggest factor for an oil-based war machine
hmmmm

just STOP buying that SHIT. Only buy based games and stop being a manchild who can't controll his emotions.

I'm ok with this.

Attached: Spurdo.jpg (1600x900, 105K)

Of course they did, Roosevelt would do anything to get an unwilling America into the war
unz.com/runz/american-pravda-our-great-purge-of-the-1940s/

i really like how the stock nigger in the game is Somalian

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 20K)

the united states created the meiji era, the blip during the 30's was strictly that. our nation and modern japan are forever linked

>how dare the Americans not help sustain or war mongering empire

It's more like
>how dare the war mongering empire claim the war mongering empire is nothing more than a war mongering empire

this

also this

Lol, back to bed, Goy.

>mutt
Do I even need to say more? What's next? Israel being the only democracy in the middle east?

What game is top?
1942 didn't have a winter naval combat map and it is too early for TCs to have come out

I love how they have rolled up their sleeves. So realistic.

Hidden and Dangerous was so fucking good.

>. I don't think oil was the biggest factor
did you know the year before the embargo japan got 90%(!) of its oil from the US?
that said, I agree oil embargo wasnt the biggest factor.
The biggest factor was their desire for Lebensraum and supremacy in Asia by continuing their wars.
the cabmit was under the thumb of the military extremists by this point, who had carried out a few assassinations on moderates in the early 1930s. The whole thing is a laugh though because even thier internal departments predicted they would lose the war and run out of scrap metals and other military things very fast

>Pic unrelated
Fuck you, Hidden&Dangerous was a splendid game.

kek

BASED hidden and dangerous 2 poster. Playing through it at the moment

They got it back in the 80s-90s. They also turned our kids into Weebs.

Hidden and Dangerous 2.
Early 2000's SAS tactical shooter.
The AI is more than a bit finnicky, but it's definitely worth a play.

this.
1930s was a blip between the 1860s and now for japanese appreciation of the united states

Am I the only one disappointed with the difference in quality for 15 years between them?

>Alliedshit
Jokes aside I might

Revisionist shit to make dropping the atom bomb unjustified.
Japan attacking pearl harbor sealed the fate of the Axis powers.

I'm more dissapointed that we did not get the part 3.

Do you think a country that would throttle our oil supply wouldn’t get liberated in the next week?

Nobody is talking about the atom bomb you fag.

>Alliedshit
>ww2 videogame
What did you expect?
If you want a good German campaign, play Men of War or Company of Heroes.

This is the ultimate boomer trash post.

Why does the black guy look like a Somali?

>invade taiwan
>fight russia
>invade Manchuria
>invade china again
>invade ffrence indochina
>U.S.:hey japan slow your roll
>japan:no

Attached: clevrgirl.jpg (580x315, 64K)

The "Japan was Justified because we did not sell them oil or scrap" was started by revisionists. Usually communists who wanted to bring the moral use of the Atom bombs into question.

Pearl Harbor was a pretty big Fuck You and the common reply to why did you nuke us was "Dont start shit dont get shit on". But if you turn that around and now merely refusing to sell oil to a country that is at war is casius belli. Granted to liberals not selling a cake is the same but the reality is that it not.

Japan had other options other than attacking the USA. It was stupid. It was unjustified.

Japan has literally zero oil. With no oil the country would have died. They had to choose between death and war. They chose war.

And we choose to nuke them

blocking imports from a country that had to import fresh water? that's a war declaration. see stinnett's "day of deceit".

>t. Retard with no political knowledge outside of Jow Forums and CK2

They could have peaceably traded for it. Make peace with China and keep Manchuria. They did not have to go to war with the USA.

Attached: 1527510615790.jpg (800x800, 136K)

>Japan had other options other than attacking the USA. It was stupid. It was unjustified.
It was a last ditch effort to cripple American naval projecion in the Pacific so they wouldn't get shit on when they inevitably invaded US-protected countries in the pursuit of more oil. The only choice they had was to either attack the US or relinquish their entire empire as their whole industry and war machine came to a full stop.

Oil embargos are justifications for war, calm down. This isn't a pat on the back statement for Japan, it's just a fact.

I don't even know what CK2 is?

>declaration of war gets hold up in the us
>get notified by foreign spy agencies that the japs are planning something
>know that they are possibly going to attack pearl harbor
>previously provoked them
>just happen to pull all carriers from the port just before the attack
Face it, you president tried to provoked them and then sacrificed everyone in Pearl harbor for the sake of joining the war on his jewish masters orders. The only mistake that the japs made was to think that americans are civilized.

Read up about the rubber and oil economy for Japan in the 20's and 30's. America forced their hand for Imperialism if they wanted to a technologically advanced power at the time.

If you are an actual boomer you might remember that when they restored the Enola Gay, they made a plaque that said that the war was started because of American imperialism in the Pacific. It was changed due to the backlash.

If you read about this on Wikipedia, they discuss the controversy, but don't mention this, which at the time was the main point of controversy.

>SURVEY TIME
If a war broke out today between Japan and the USA, who would you personally side with?

For me, it's Japan.

Attached: 247813_resized.jpg (1761x1033, 637K)

>wanted to REMAIN a technologically advanced power at the time.
fixed.

>nigger takes away your food
>when you try to do something he shots you
USA USA USA

Japan would have no chance.

bullshit. they had oil. They just didn't have enough oil to subjugate china (dont they know that is englands job?). The military was reconsigning not just oil, but tons of industries, the government was diverting capitol and metals and aluminum and wood and carcaol from home industies into military factories, thats the only reason they had a shortage, their 8 year war in china started in 1933.
>stinnett's "day of deceit".
most hsitorials reject that idea. The documentation from Japanese and from US goverment sources are pretty clear that was not the intent. and no one who studies this seriously believes "we know they were going to attack but let them" at best we might of expected an attack, but at midway, not pearl harbor, and we didnt know when. but most dont even seriously bealvie that,, and no one bealives we "let them"

But the USA had to go to war with them.

You're SAS so it's pretty cool still

I would side with the USA because I like siding with the winning team.

Came to post this. Besides default controls its the perfect squad tactishooter.

Pro tip: remember the six trillion

>how dare those ebul Americans not support our empire that's already invaded numerous US Allies

TL;DR- we've war just as we've been with all the others
>Boston massacre
>remember the Maine
>lusitania
>muh pearl harbor
>gulf of tonkin
>Iraqi soldiers vs kuwaiti ICU newborns
>9/11
anyone who doesn't at least know both sides of each of these arguments is a fucking plebian.

>most hsitorials reject that idea
most historians are afraid of the holocaust

Why do you feel like you have the right to join a discussion about something you have no idea about?

Attached: 1531729073311.png (675x507, 44K)

Russia was an Option or just not attacking the USA.
They had other options. While I came to believe that the attack on the Soviets by Germany was not such a bad move. The Japanese attack on pearl harbor was a big freaking mistake. The only thing that would have worked is to go full balls out and actually invade the island that first day. That would have crippled the USA in the pacific.

>not pearl harbor, and we didnt know when. but most dont even seriously bealvie that,, and no one bealives we "let them"
FDR knew. all you have to do is thumb through the appendices of "day of deceit." you don't even necessarily have to read the book. the signed documents are damning enough.

>Oil embargos are justifications for war, calm down
America did not prevent someone else from selling them oil. They said we are not going to sell them oil.

Land lease

>not supporting Japs is supporting Israel
Okay nigger

Attached: 15371357559263304077769741028778.jpg (4032x1960, 2.42M)

There was no Russian option or not attacking Pearl Harbor. Either you pre-emptively attack the US to make securing oil easier or you effectively surrender your whole empire, making all previous fighting pointless.

Not what I said, but denying that the usa entered a war to support the creation of israel and the spread of international jewry is mutt tier logic.

Oil embargos are nothing more than political blackmail to get states to take certain actions they would otherwise be unwilling or unable to take. It was a nudge to get Japan to do something. Where else were they going to get their oil from a single provider? Remember, this was 90-fucking-per-cent of their oil.

>pearl harbor
>real

user, i dont know how to tell you this. But pearl harbor doesnt exist.

trade embargos arn't even in CK2

I played the beta and it's incredible how much BF5 does NOT feel like WW2 at all.

>had to import fresh water
Source on that?

Attached: 15371359346793465595910882557101.jpg (4032x1960, 2.55M)

Attached: FatMan.jpg (900x688, 121K)

The USA knew an attack was coming. True.
They did not know where. They expected the Philippines, even then MacAuthor fucked up. The actual attack on Pearl Harbor was brilliant, not perfect. The only real clues came that morning and due to various factors the real warnings were never relayed to the people that needed it.
>know that they are possibly going to attack pearl harbor
The american navy did not think they were capable of mounting that type of attack so successfully.
>sacrificed everyone in Pearl harbor for the sake of joining the war on his jewish masters orders
They actually war gamed our various scenarios to see what would have happened with warning. Turns out attacking the fleet in port was a god send for the americans. Most of the ships were able to be refloated and used later in the war. Losing the ships at sea would have been a complete disaster.

Attached: 15371359993357101114189859307572.jpg (4032x1960, 2.62M)

Attached: 15371360661264362528269611229428.jpg (4032x1960, 2.36M)

Attached: 15371361339455395990925634629008.jpg (4032x1960, 2.46M)

there is a zero percent chance i buy that piece of sjw trash game. fuck those faggots. never buying their shit again.

Japan declared war on us not vice versa

>actual brainlet
Never mind.

I like Japan but we're one of the Five Eyes, have joined the US in every major war for over a century and the US would kick the shit out of Japan and I wouldn't want to be on the losing side.

remember when reading that this is over a year before pearl harbor and THE EXACT MONTH that FDR is doing his famous train stop stump speeches where the applause line was 'we're not sending your boys to another foreign war.'

Attached: 15371362260461132910142562238796.jpg (4032x1960, 2.23M)

rotate the fucking pictures before posting

What was even the reason Japan started empire building? They mist have been pretty desperate to attack Bongistan along with the US.

the reason that sentiment was popular is that Americans were reluctantly persuaded in to ww1 because it was to "make the world safe for democracy." it didn't, and as the winds of conflict breed again in the old countries, Americans correctly saw that it wasn't in their interest to be in another European civil war. "we left that place to get away from that, and we have our own problems" was by far the popular sentiment.

Attached: 15371363616667381813652739158121.jpg (4032x1960, 2.13M)

lurk another year, newfaggot

They didn't want to attack us at all
Japan and Britain had a great alliance
This displeased the (((United States))) who sought to split us apart

The Russian option was a simple as just being a threat. Remember in summer of 1941 Russia was in bad shape. They were able to move forces to Europe because there was no longer a threat in Siberia.
Yes Japan had a peace treaty or cease fire or what ever but those were worthless. Seriously take the siberian army group out of the equation out of the war with germany and instead of the counter offensive in January 1941 you have a stalemate through the winter. Germany renews it offensive with most of their equipement intact.

how do you fight the Russians without any oil?

>I dont mind losing 800-1600 sailors in an effort to get us in a war with the Japanese by showing up in their territorial waters In our warships lol t. Rosenfeldt

Attached: 1537137420177587274014684429169.jpg (4032x1960, 2.29M)

Basically this.