I have a hypothetical question for you Jow Forums, Well two technically, before I ask lets be clear...

I have a hypothetical question for you Jow Forums, Well two technically, before I ask lets be clear...We are all adults here right, relatively intelligent right? We all know what hypothetical means yes? Alright, well since it is hypothetical, let me set it up.

First, let us assume that a good glorious afterlife has been proven without any doubt. This is now fact to every man woman and child on the planet, it is undeniable to anyone. Further more lets also say that not only does a good wonderful glorious beautiful happy afterlife exist, but that EVERYONE gets to go when they die EXCEPT suicides, doesn't matter where they go, it is not "Heaven"

That is our scenario, now the questions. How do you think the world would change, but more importantly how do you think YOU would change, and why?

Let us know if you are religious and what kind, if you are spiritual, or if you are an atheist in your answer.

Lets discuss

Attached: Needtoknowmore.gif (627x502, 941K)

Other urls found in this thread:

prabhupadabooks.com/bg/4/10?d=1&h=diseased condition&f=2835#2835
youtube.com/watch?v=iijPvIiDbL0
m.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLhQvESfduXoDOOKflAnLxIN61uhFyQfJ1
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Well, for one the value of life would decrease substantially. Instead of curing diseases, we'll be looking at ways to alleviate pain rather than curing the actual disease itself. Medical science would be kind of finished.

You'd have people wanting to be shot dead, there would be places that would be literal extermination camps with volunteers.

I would still think there would be people wanting to live since idea of death is not pleasing to anyone.

Effectively all progress would come to a halt in this world. Why progress when you can just wait for coming of age and move onto a better world? This is exactly why religious countries fare the worst. People don't think of the current life as something meaningful to make out of, instead the goal is to reach an afterlife.

I'm an atheist, it would be nice to hear something after life actually exists. Other than some reassurance, it won't change me much.

Very astute poo. I never imagined the medical aspect.
I dont think the death camps would fly tho. I think that would still be considered suicide to willingly be killed. Even putting a "hit" out yourself is by nature suicidal.

What about you tho? How would you change? Just comfy in the knowledge?

I don't see what I can do with that information other than comfy-ness. I don't think most people would. Most of us have a strong connection to this world so leaving to a newer one would not be my priority.

Err

And, maybe, medical visits would be less scary.

I ask my questions for a reason, if I get more replies I will reveal what I am looking for and what I have discovered so far. Kind of a personal study.
You being an atheist has given a response I have come to expect. Thank you.
The tone of your answer, you are the first to make me think about the medical health care aspect. You a medfag?

Interesting concept op.

I think what the poo is trying to get at is the following:

>go to doctor, you have deadly disease #27, we can try to cure you so you'll have at least 10 more years to live, otherwise you have at most 6 weeks

If we know that there's a heaven, and everyone is accepted, we wouldn't prolong our suffering, we would instead find the fastest way to heaven excluding suicide. People would take more risks

>no more body armour for police, no more oxygen tanks for firefighters, and we may even see a decline in paramedics and hospitals. OSHA the FDA and any other safety regulations board would also disappear

Your karma will take you to your next life destination.

For example if , by any chance, or possibly you happened to think a lot about niggers then .... all kinds of permutations of your living arrangements could happen in your next life

Attached: 984FFE38-433E-4B13-A102-3D6B3CB1EFBB.jpg (908x904, 216K)

I do find the medical aspect intriguing. Why take care of yourself?
Why wear a condom?
I mean, there still is the pain of all these things to deal with. Im sure no cop WANTS to get shot, idk midslimes do it all the time based on BS.

Im not asking for speculation on the nature of the afterlife, the afterlife is whatever afterlife one would find ideal.
Im asking what you think the ramifications of an afterlife being a certainty would have on the world, and you.

Attached: 1536418990082.gif (1048x800, 48K)

>Im asking what you think the ramifications of an afterlife being a certainty would have on the world, and you.

I would be very happy just with a mare though that there is afterlife. Just the idea that I will never die. That ME (Soul) will keep to exist. Makes me very happy.

If I correctly understand your question

> a mere thought

now you go down the stupid theological rabbit-hole.
If the death camps is a no-go.
It isn't the same for not curing a disease?
how about no-resuscitation?
The thing would get ugly fast, with people paying for 5 hour resuscitation efforts in order to "convince the gods" that they did everything they could and it's not suicide.
short answer, fuck off

Attached: fats against fascism fatantifa.jpg (750x720, 113K)

Depending on what qualifies as suicide you could end up with a scenario where everyone wants to get themselves killed, perhaps, letting themselves get killed.

>memeflaggot.
Willingly putting yourself in a situation where you KNOW you will die is suicidal.
Getting a disease that will kill you is not suicidal, unless you get intentionally infected. Not getting resusitated is not suicidal as its a natural process of death, unless of course you commited suicide some how.
Pretty simple I think.

Also

This idea will make people more eager for acquiring knowledge

> Furthermore there are many persons who cannot understand spiritual existence at all. Being embarassed by so many theories and by contradictions of various types of philosophical speculation, they become disgusted or angry and foolishly conclude that there is no supreme cause and that everything is ultimately void. Such people are in a diseased condition of life. Some people are too materially attached and therefore do not give attention to spiritual life, some of them want to merge into the supreme spiritual cause, and some of them disbelieve in everything, being angry at all sorts of spiritual speculation out of hopelessness. This last class of men take to the shelter of some kind of intoxication, and their affective hallucinations are sometimes accepted as spiritual vision. One has to get rid of all three stages of attachment to the material world: negligence of spiritual life, fear of a spiritual personal identity, and the conception of void that underlies the frustration of life. To get free from these three stages of the material concept of life, one has to take complete shelter of the Lord, guided by the bona fide spiritual master, and follow the disciplines and regulative principles of devotional life. The last stage of the devotional life is called bhāva, or transcendental love of Godhead.

prabhupadabooks.com/bg/4/10?d=1&h=diseased condition&f=2835#2835

Ok, so you would be happy? What about the world?
And do you hold any religious spiritual or atheistic beliefs. Imma guess atheist right?

....And you keep going down the stupid theological rabbit-hole.

Do you know what's a "Byzantine discussion"

Have you heard the expression "How many angels can dance on the head of a pin?"

Look for them, take this as an opportunity to learn. Now fuck off.

>What about the world?

If we truthfully assume that pipols accept afterlife , in general , the world situation will be much better !

Abrahamic religions and Buddhism are very depressing due to the ignorance of afterlife. And you only got one chance ! For Buddhists ultimate goal is Nirvana or spiritual suicide. None of which is true.

I’m a KRISHNA DEVOTEE or a Hare Krishna

>memeflag
>cant contribute any disusion on a hypothetical question
Sucks to be a brainlet.
Gtfo if you cant grasp the concept
Bye bye now.

You got the shaved head?
Ever been punched in an airport?

You basically described Christianity. Not worth answering.

>poetry
>Let us know
Great, so we have to figure out the plot to a story where dimensions exist and we can just 'leave' and experience life on our own terms FOR you?

Fuck off.

What is your religion?

Poetry?
Do you know what a hypothetical question is?

Not fully shaved.

Son. I went through war.

No one would bother reproducing and humanity would pretty much die out within a generation.

I just keep thinking of the movie airplane.

What is your belief structure?

I suppose I have a skeptical attitude towards religion, but believe there is a God of some kind.

So..spiritual. What about you? How would you react?

Lol.

Here , HARE KRISHNAS in original blade runner

Attached: 8F7A8B91-4533-42F5-9D6B-92FE4EC5FC22.jpg (800x500, 140K)

I would be devastated, since taking my own life has always been an important life goal for me. After a bout of deep depression I would most likely try to find a way to incapacitate myself without dying, so I could at least not have to hang out on this rock for ~40 more years while conscious, since I doubt life will ever be pleasurable for me.

This is literally my whole exposure to hare krishna...the movie airplane
youtube.com/watch?v=iijPvIiDbL0

You need to get a UV lamp friend. No joke.
I live in WA and we have wrist slitting weather too...The cold grey blanket is moving in.

This reminds me of something I realized. If we cured disease and aging in this world everyone would become a huge coward. Good luck getting someone to fly to the moon in a new space vehicle on the first real moon mission.

Another interesting concept, but I disagree. If medical science was that good, I think more risks would be taken. Even if we became clinically immortal.

So, if not suicide: heaven.
And that's it?
Guranteed without other conditions?
Exactly how is unwanton rape and murder, coupled with the confirmation that nothing in this world matters apart from not offing yourself, make for a life worth living? You can have a b*mp if you reply.

If we cure aging and disease that doesn’t mean we can bring people back to life after they’ve gotten blown up in a war or on a rocket.

Knowing there is a higher power that created heaven would fill my heart with love. I would strive ask god what he wants me to do to serve him. I would love to be his butler or errand boy. He would probably tell me cool stories.

I feel you

Here , this is a good start

m.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLhQvESfduXoDOOKflAnLxIN61uhFyQfJ1

>m.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLhQvESfduXoDOOKflAnLxIN61uhFyQfJ1

There we go.
Took long this time. Yes, no stipulations. No action or thought other than suicide will bar one from heaven.
So, how do you think the world changes? How do you change?
What is your belief structure?

Star trek, medical science is almost magical and people can live well into their 200s. This is why I think everyone wouldnt puss out. It may produce less hearty souls, but I dont think it would cripple us, far from it. Besides, people would still want glory, im sure.

No proof of God in our scenario, simply another plain of existance that would be comparable to heaven, faith in God of course would be bolstered, but there is no definitive proof as with the afterlife.

Sadly, the world would remain the same. At some point, logically, there are simply some things "pleasurable" that cannot be found in an afterlife. Get this: if it is an afterlife, you cannot lose your life because it is the afterlife. Ergo, it would be Hell for say, serial killers.
They would be trapped in a perpetual state in an environment that denies them the pleasure of experiencing whatever dopamine reaction it is that compels them to continue their bloodlust. So if they wanted to continue, their only option would be "don't die, keep killing, and suicide if you're feeling the Reaper upon you".
As per beliefs personally, im spiritual. Not religious, just spiritual. I can approximate my deity as being Truth. Not my truth or a consensus of truth, but the archive of every quanta in our dimension that exists called "reality". I don't know my own God yet, but every day I try to find it.
Bump.

>This is now fact to every man woman and child on the planet, it is undeniable to anyone
Not true.

>EVERYONE gets to go when they die EXCEPT suicides
I proceed to bully someone into killing me, if a perfect world exists this world is at best a glorified waiting room and at worst a form of hell.

Well the idea is that it is heaven for everyone, but youre right one persons heaven is anothers hell. So for the sake of the scenario our serial killer would be eternally happy.
So you say bussiness as usual for the world.
Whay about you? How do you adjust?

>a fucking leaf
Come on man....
Hypothetical, do you speak it?

Why not just kill people? Im sure eventually someone would return the favor.

What changes happen to the world?
What do you believe in, if anything?

>What changes happen to the world?
Massive increase in crime since there is no long term punishment for doing acts of evil and if anything being gunned down by a cop is a reward.

>What do you believe in, if anything?
Apatheist. God exists or he doesn't, I don't and cannot know which is true and if the former is true what his will is so I there is no point in really caring.

Sure, there are clones happy to be killed in Heaven. Pilpul loophole granted.
I'm not particularly interested in an afterlife. I am afflicted with an insatiable desire to know things. Voracious curiosity, I suppose. There have been times when I read the New Testament of Jesus Christ because i was seeking Truth. I believed there would be at least something within the text that would speak to my soul. I found some parts uplifting and edifying on the nature of man. I enjoyed the simplicty of the parables and the synchronicity of existence found in the context. I also found some parts gave me despair at the situation we have all been placed in.
I thought to myself that if the God as described in the Bible is the true creator of everything while also being everything, then all i want is "nothing"; to be expunged from the story completely and the whole of the story amended to be that i truly never was to begin with. Surely an omnipotent creator could do such a thing, lest he be disqualified the title due to cumbersome limitation.
So yeah, i don't think much changes for me hypothetically. If i am who i am in this afterlife, my initial prerogative remains unsatisfied.
>business as usual

Why you pipo assuming the afterlife will be in human body ?

Your scenario is stupid because it lacks justice. It’s the same reason Christianity is the dumbest religion. It has no weighing of the heart as the Egyptians called it. You can burn babies alive your entire life and then accept Jesus as your savior and go straight to heaven. Your scenario is slightly dumber because you don’t even need to believe anything. Everyday would be target practice for psychopaths.

Not assuming anything about the nature of the afterlife, other than it is what anyone would want, roads of gold, mountains of cocaine, w/e. Not the point of the question. You can be a pan dimensional lesbian platypus if that is a scenario that you would consider heaven.

>You can burn babies alive your entire life and then accept Jesus as your savior and go straight to heaven.

like Butt naked General

Attached: BCCB1EB7-5160-40A1-A0AB-CB6CCF41AAF4.jpg (800x600, 98K)

Ok, what do you believe in?
I assume your world answer would be one of death and chaos?
What about you?
Should throw a few pics in time to time I spose.

Attached: 1534375167774.jpg.jpg (696x641, 55K)

Human mind would reject any heaven that didn’t function like earth.

Islam. Strict monotheism. Not 3 gods. 3 gods is illogical. Just one god that punishes murderers even if they believe in him. Justice served.

I thought you were talking about afterlife if , hypothetically, you were again born in a human body ?

In actuality, afterlife doesn’t depend solely on your desires but as well on your karma and what you are karmicly destined to achieve

I think the afterlife will be on the same earth we inhabit now. Once we create heaven on earth god will reveal himself to us.

Ok, now answer the question as per the guidelines.
How do you think the world changes?
How do you change?

Attached: 1534380240816.jpg.jpg (1280x960, 540K)

Heaven...afterlife different plane of existance etc.
You die, you now exist in a place you would consider absolute heaven.

>islam
>says god...little g
Huh?
Never met a muslim that called "Allah" "god" certainly not with a little g.

Well, I can talk about that all day long !

I believe Absolute Reality is KRISHNA and He has many friends that share eternal happiness with Him .

Attached: E40D9277-BC02-49DF-8539-91805A0C8139.jpg (2000x1500, 970K)

I would get murdered in 5 seconds in your crazy scenario...I would try to be good person walking to my car where I would be murdered while opening the door.

Sounds like you have more than one god.

God doesn’t care about semantics he knows what I mean.

> EVERYONE gets to go when they die
Fuck that shit, if more kikes are waiting for me when I die, I'm just going to eat a bullet.

circumcellions basically

God is One.

God has many Avatars or Incarnations to do different things . The True Original Godhead has nothing to do but to enjoy eternity with His devotees . Everything else , like the management of this universe , is done by different Avatars.

Attached: C12275C9-5ED9-4F44-AB66-5E76C12D682D.jpg (1080x720, 338K)

Lol probably the most honest answer I have ever gotten.

This is a legit problem

Good news user, of you wouldnt be happy with jews around, they wouldnt be. Heck you be cyber Hitler if you wanted I guess.
So, assuming its everything you would want.
How do you think the world changes?
How do you change?
What is your belief system?

Trips dont lie
I feel somewhat like that. God is all deities and is just packaged differently to appeal to different cultures. Free will and all.

Cute lil chubby girl.

>they wouldnt be

what if “they wanted” to be around me so bad ?

It’s Krishna as a young boy !

So death just means paradise, then?
I can fulfill my power fantasies?

I'd probably stop caring about a lot of things here, although I would still workout of habit and plod along because I wouldn't want to disappoint or sadden my family.
I'd imagine most others would, as well, and the drive to innovate would probably collapse since there is already a 100% chance of improvement in condition waiting.

As for my beliefs, I'm agnostic. Morally, I align on almost all issues with Christianity (the non-kosher kind), with a few sharp differences. I'm much less concerned with the "sanctity of life", as it were.

I would like to point out that what you are proposing is essentially a guarantee that all want (and by extension, at least according to the Buddhists, suffering) will disappear no matter what, and this would kill all external incentive towards either good conduct or drive to improve. Earth itself would descend into Wiemar-tier degeneracy, pure hedonism and lawlessness that one would expect from a scenario with zero long-term responsibility.

Then I guess they would be, but you would never know, youd be too busy incinerating kikes with your flamethrower arms.

Lol, the afterlife in the scenario is what YOU want, nothing can change that.

Now please, answer the questions?

The world would stay exactly the same, or become even worse and more degenerate than it already is.
Suicides may decrease though.
Good enough answer to your dipshit question?

Nice answer.

Attached: 1532737413005.jpg (2415x1655, 406K)

Religion?

>nothing can change that

Then , I shell be happy enjoying eternity with the coolest Dude and His friends

Pic related [Krishna , when He does come to take care of the business]

Attached: E5ECE75D-9999-4DAD-A8A4-1C78CFD24D4F.jpg (900x601, 172K)

Alright, so in this hypothetical, putting yourself in a situation where you 100% KNOW you will die is suicidal.

What about phobias? It's an irrational fear that oft results in anxiety. Example situation:
>have arachnophobia
>I know I'll die if I ever see a spider near me
>If I die because I see a spider, such as crashing a car cause of seeing one on the dash, it's a suicide.

Mental illness ends up nullifying the "undeniable to everyone" clause.

But, let's say mental illness is an exception. and start with how I'd change.

Frankly, I've always been afraid of death, I'd scare myself to tears thinking about it. But now two people in my family have died who I felt close to, but I handled it surprisingly well??? Maybe if I dwell on it I get some tears.

My american mindset now turns to "can I skip dying or avoid it so I can get as much time as possible on earth? I mean, afterlife may be dandy, but if the earth's still shitty it's in our and my best interest to prevent suicides from people who don't like the mortal plane's conditions.

A more selfish component would be wanting to see my impact on the world- be it a million dollar idea or something greater/more average. I'll never get to see that even if I die and go to a good afterlife,so may as well try to see that while living.

I am an atheist, but agnostic in the sense that I believe faith is a good coping mechanism, you can have closure in believing X went to a better place.

BUT, I can see this incentivizing revenge by inciting suicide. You can murder a man's family and his support group, they go to heaven, and he remains on the mortal plane to be bullied to taking his own life. Frankly, that sounds nightmarish. And even if the man is strong willed and powers through, it'll be a lonely life - lonelier if someone follows him and keeps killing his new friends.

You're setting me up for fedora tipping memes.
I don't belong to any religion. I do think there is God. There is also some version of hell, I'm unsure if I'm already in hell though. Also, I really like Christmas, and the stories in the bible.

An addendum-
people don't commit suicide only because they want to go to heaven. if someone's depressed or insane, reality distorts and turns against them. Even in the hypothetical, people will still kill themselves, and suicide rates likely won't change without outside interference.

Im not trying to set any person up.
And I too like christmas.

I would say intent would be a big part of the suicide clause.
I really only put that clause in there because I quickly learned that becomes the only answer.
Im not suicide minded so I did not consider it.

But what do you say for your answer and faith?

Nvm, you answered lol I even read it but got wrapped up in the suicide bit

You are the first atheist to ever try and requalify the question.
Usually its religious people that try their darndest.
I guess I wouldnt expect potatoes to be aware of the news, but if they could perceive it, it would be undeniable.

Could you clarify what question I "requalified"?

Kitne saal ka he be?

Bees yahan pe