Any Truckers on Jow Forums?

I’m thinking about going to school to get my CDL and was wondering if any Truckers here had any advice.
I work for a courier service now and drive a box truck, I enjoy being on the road and listening to talk radio and not having to answer to anyone besides my dispatcher and the receiver or shipper.
The trucking industry is booming right now because of the older guys starting to retire. Just looking for some input, and if anyone else was thinking about it to maybe it’ll help you as well

oh yeah fuck da joos

Attached: 091C2E86-8E63-4FB5-B3CA-DC98DE6655D9.jpg (720x570, 143K)

Be ready for diabeetus, diverticulitis, leg trombosis, fatty liver, shit tone muscle, gain 100 punds in 1 year, eating and sleeping like shit, GPS up your ass, be cucked at home.

CDL - B bus driver here

Google "free CDL" - a bunch of trucking companies will pay you while they train you.

Attached: 0fcac2b3a4624c6482d5582fd726f41477e40702.jpg (450x300, 36K)

You will fall apart if you let your self fall apart - take responsibility for your health and well being.

I bank $1000+ every week by driving 3000+ miles a week. More money than I can spend but no time to spend it anyway because I'm fucking driving all the time . I'm tired

Have fun being automated.

are you retarded? the pay is shit, and machines will soon make you jobless

Yeah if you let yourself get that way.
yeah there are several in my area, I’ve read good and bad things about that situation though. I was talking to a city bus driver and he really enjoys it, what kind of bus do you drive? greyhound or megabus would be sweet.
That’s the draw, the money and not being able to spend it because I’d always be on the road, I’m 25 and just want to put back as much as I can now while also seeing the country, even though it’s mostly interstate. What’s your home time like if you have any? How long have you been driving?that’s a long ways away pal

Attached: 28182EF6-CF8D-4E8B-A1EE-4798B8ACC758.jpg (424x600, 46K)

My dad is a trucker here in NYC drives a straight 26 foot. I tried for my CDL and decided it aint for me. Besides I just couldnt for the life of me pass the pre trip inspection or the manuvers. And I get nervous while driving. But go for it if you think you would be a good fit. The money is great but the life is not too great unless you have a home daily type of gig. Also forget about it if you have a dui or bad driving record.

and homosex at truckstops

fuck off the roads are full

>I'm tired
This is what you will have to look forward to.
Always racing the clock, even when a person was able to run a few log books at a time. Everybody including the receiver wanting your cash.
Paperwork, inspections and shitty border customs guards to deal with, half the time it looks as though they would rather shoot you as look at you.
Pissing on tires while fueling your truck and reefers.
It's not worth it, just find a 9 to 5 somewhere and be content or do some other trade like plumber or electrician, carpenter etc and maybe you'll get to enjoy a home.
Also, don't even bother starting a family or becoming a driver with one.

You will run out of shit to listen too, it took me about a year and a half to go through every fucking podcast even remotely interesting. And all the audio books. Don’t bother with the radio, you’ll get to listen to it for an hour until you need to change it. Satellite radio is all repeats. Trucking is fucking awesome. Go for it

This. It WILL happen. That said, the question is whether you have 10 years or 30 years before that happens.

Sounds like a shirt company bruh

I’m going to at least try too, I feel I would be nervous as well but I guess that’s how you’re supposed to feel when taking on anything new, just like I was when I started driving a car I guess. Thanks user. Clean record, never arrested.
lot lizards after a sizzler meal
Craigslist begs to differ

Attached: 3A1D4F7E-398B-4875-A510-F0EC5C8D003E.jpg (741x749, 128K)

Ran for a couple on the East coast

Enjoy driving for Uber Freight. No really, it’s better than the old days. Unironically.

There’s about a shortage of 50,000 drivers needed. Good work ! Good luck!
Companies need drivers !

Give it a few years, if that, and truck stops will have gyms in them. Fat fuck truckers will be a thing of the past once Jow Forums starts pulling trailers with chariots powered by testosterone fueled blockheads.

Next to nothing.
Since 2013

>The trucking industry is booming right now because of the older guys starting to retire

Yes, but not the wages.

Trust me, this is the most cucked possible existence. You're fucking nothing, treated like shit by the high way patrol (because, frankly, you are shit) and by the public, and by your employer. If you buy your own unit (my dad is a OO otr driver) it astoundingly good money, but your not gonna get there till about 10 years MINIMUM of cucking.

Go to school, money can be made anywhere, trucking is not some golden ticket. In 5-6 years you will realize that your existence is literally to sit in a cage, watch roads, and let your life fly by for a pretty shitty wage.

It was the biggest mistake of my early twenties, and I am still paying for this shit. It hits you when you realize how much your have aged and how little girls fucking care about your meager savings. Trust me, no one wants the old guy in the club.

getting paid to drive around and listen to podcasts seems bretty gud desu but what if a lot lizard wants to touch my pecker and she wont take no for an answer

I've been doing it for nine years, I work four days a week and while they are long days I make decent money. At four days a week I'm clearing a little north of sixty thousand and that allows me time to focus on my apartment business which is what I'm trying to replace my driving job with.

Is that by choice? most ads I read will say “home every weekend or stay out as long as you want” I know recruiters are trying to get you to click and go talk to them that’s why I ask if you do that by choice
I have thought of this too, or like mini planet fitness franchises next to Loves or TA’s
I appreciate the raw input I just want to save up as much as I can with limited living expenses and be able to buy a small home for myself somewhere away from the city in maybe ten years or so, and maybe run my own courier service or something with some cargo vans

>see all the news of companies building and testing automated trucks
>hey guise, should i get into trucking?

Yea, great fucking plan, go get em.

Don't listen to this clown, trucking won't be automated for many years if ever.

When I get home that's what I'm doing too, I think I'll enjoy the work. Hoping to drive flatbed. I fell the the University meme, then the grad school meme, and I fucking hate office work. If I'd done it at your age I'd have a house and 20 acres by now. Godspeed OP.

don’t let her get close enough to even put yourself in that situation I guess haha but indeed it sounds pretty sweet
four days a week sounds nice, but I assume I’d have to get a lot of experience in before I’d be able to get a job like that. most local ads I’ve read want several years for a “out and back every other day” kinda thing
that’s what I’m wanting to do, use the money I make to work for me later on get back to me when you see automated cars running down i75 faggot

different adnon but my friends bought her own truck after about a year and a half. her and boyfriend make over $300K a year. yes you make more in a team. she has seen the entire country more times than anyone would want to . the first post is also correct food poisoning, divertic, the shits, diabetes. its hard to eat well. but they have instapot and all kinds of shit. a dog. whatever. more money than they can spend. however the have an awesome routes driving shit that weighs almost nothing in a reefer truck. they told me in the northeast its really easy to be home every weekend.. her boyfriend had over 20 years in the business.

check /out. i hear they have a vibrant trucker community.
i did it for a short time, but not longhaul.
my advice is to commit fully, just accept that you will not be home.
move into your truck and live out of it.
great way to make a lot of money quickly, but i doubt the industry has another 10 years before self driving trucks take over

ama. i am in commercial insurance sales and my main thing is trucking insurance. i should be able to answer close to anything industry related.

>be able to buy a small home for myself somewhere away from the city in maybe ten years or so

You know, you can do this without throwing your life away right?

I was a 27 yo boomer going for Web Dev and I fucking hate myself for not going to school sooner.

You ONLY get into trucking if you have a parent or friend who can set you up with a personal truck/ your OWN equipment. Otherwise, it's a fucking waste of a life. Unless your too brain dead for education, don't fucking considerate it.

Pretty much by choice. Stay away from the mega companies. The ones with around 100 trucks are the best companies to drive for. Do your research. DO NOT "SIGN ON". Fuck a thousand dollar bonus paid out in 3 installments over a year. It really sucks to be stuck with a suck company for a year when you realize after 3 weeks that you're getting royally fucked. I'm content with where I'm at now and wish I had started when I was your age. There's no reason a single guy can't save up at least 3k a month doing this job. You could have more than half a million squirreled away by the time you're 50.

yes what kind of insurance will i need to be covered in case of a lot lizard touching my pecker and infecting it with reptillian diseases

sorry m8, nothing can save you from cock rot.
be sure to wrap that shit up tight

Kek, automation is so far out
t.logistics professional