Thoughts on mental health industry?

was wondering what Jow Forums had to say about the mental health industry?
Been dealing with anxiety and dissociative disorders for a good half of my life, so I've seen how dismissive and fucked people in the field can be. Wanted to know what you guys thought, specifically what it's shit at?

Attached: unnamed.jpg (900x900, 89K)

Other urls found in this thread:

psychiatersenco.nl/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/Get_Out_of_Your_Mind_and_Into_Your_Life_-_Steven_C._Hayes.pdf
youtube.com/watch?v=XEg7UNphRgQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Avoid the (((pharmaceutical))) drugs at all costs. They will fuck you up.

do your research and find a good one.
shitty psychs can ruin your life if you say the wrong thing

I had a fucking great therapist that went with the same philosophy. I take klono after a bad panic attack but that's so sparse. I'm careful with that shit cus it can fuck you up with addiction.

Obviously make sure to get one who does hypnotherputic regression to recover repressed memories.

And totally dont worry about psychologist, patient boundries. Those are for losers.

been there. Forced to go to a "treatment center" because I said the wrong shit. Also, holy fuck are those places inefficient shitholes.

not sure if I have a lot of repressed memories but I'm down to look into that. Appreciate it.

Go see a psychiatrist, realize that any real improvement will take a lot of time, drugs can help but a good psychiatrist will only use them as a way to get symptoms under control so that the underlying issues can be addressed. If all they do is give you a script for drugs and tell you fuck off then find a different doctor

what if youre already fucked and completely useless to society

Attached: Screen_Shot_2018-06-15_at_1.30.36_PM.jpg (800x450, 23K)

MAH BOI!
All you need to deal with your anxiety is to look at minotaur cow bitches with the leaky titty over on /e/. (Monster Musume manga)
That and watch John Carpenter's "The Thing" a couple of times, do read the script for the 'sequel' "The Return of the Thing" if you wanna know what 'would've' happened next.

Attached: MAHBOI.png (640x480, 22K)

I’d tel you what I thought of it if these god damned HELIcOPTERS WOULD STOp CIRCLInG MY JOUSE!

that's what therapy/psychiatry is supposed to be but it's clearly not successful enough as is. Basically, you can be fucked up and useless before and after psychologists/psychiatrists if your resources are shit

The drugs are supposed to only be used in combination with therapy, after which if successful you will have the coping skills to deal with your issues or have them resolved completely. Where people screw up and what gives the mental health industry a bad rep is people being lazy and getting on the drugs forever, like fat people taking heart medication instead of losing weight and eating better/getting exercise.
What it's shit at is helping you find a good therapist,psychologist, ect and helping you figure out the best treatment for your specific issue.

If they've got you taking benzodiazepines then you're in for a lifetime of hell... Benzos are Satan, come off them very slowly but you will probably be permadestroyed

based post

Oh and don't touch the fucking drugs they'll hamfist up your asshole (or down your throat), shit is only going to extend the timespan of your suffering if not even worsen it, BIG PHARMA NEEDS YOU TO SUFFER SO (((THEY))) CAN MAKE A PROFIT AFTER ALL!

Attached: (((they))).gif (452x523, 3K)

Avoid drugs, even the legal ones, and see a therapist/meditate/pray/commit to a hobby etc. You need to make your mind clear.

taking klono very sparsely for bad panic attacks (probably between 3 to 6 weeks. Have no addiction. The worst accounts I know are from addiction and withdrawal.

This book helped me. Try to change your diet and exercise, avoid medications if you can.

psychiatersenco.nl/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/Get_Out_of_Your_Mind_and_Into_Your_Life_-_Steven_C._Hayes.pdf

I have a therapist that knew what was good, recommended keeping myself low on the medicine (or not at all but hey, panic attacks still happen) and eventually get off them once my coping is better. Always believed in that. Some psychiatrists just throw medication at you that'll fuck you, which helps big pharma because it's not like they give a fuck as long as there's gold

I got diagnosed with anxious disorder too and the drugs helped a lot.... at some point when you have constant panic attacks 5-6 times a day you wont care about taking your meds...

And it's not forever, in about 2 months I'm off of it. (not benzos) and I can't wait.... the side effects are bad yeah.... but nothing compared to being in constant fear for your life.

Oh shit! Has a chapter dedicated to ACT and Mindfulness, familiar with it through DBT therapy I used to do. I'll definitely look into it, just to see the perspective on it. Appreciate it.

Pharma companies pay off doctors to shill pills. The DSM is all bullshit to control people. Don't let the government put you into one of their mental health categories. Pill pushing psych docs gave me serotonin syndrome.

youtube.com/watch?v=XEg7UNphRgQ

Attached: ItsNotSerotonin-3.jpg (1809x1071, 1.45M)

sorry you have to go through that, my dude. I was at a point about three years ago where I had panic attacks just as often. I'm still on Lexapro and it did help a lot.
I have a problem with psychiatrists only trying to scapegoat with medication that may or may not even work, shoving bills up your ass for things you don't even know if it'll work. But Lexapro was what kept me alright.
Still skeptical and cautious though. Appreciate sharing!

My depression comes from two sources: i feel like i have no energy and very unrested, and it is a struggle to combat each day. And i have a high sex drive and can’t get the women i want or as much sex as i desire to satiate me - i thought the two might be related, but i tried nofap for over a month and it didn’t solve either of them. Also, even as a kid ive had the low energy and ultra attraction to girls, well before i started jerking off.

I walk 15k steps every day, but my weight has plateaud at 177-179ish, my goal being 169. The activity hasn’t helped with my energy level or sleep at all. I’m really struggling here, and the dead zero energy and thinking i will feel this way forever is extremely debilitating on my mind.

Briefly tried ssris, they did nothing. Coffee does nothing for me either, oddly. My emotions are generally pretty stale; i have a good sense of humor though and love to laugh; but most normies don’t like the same kind of humor as i do (i hang with a lot of comedians, and its pretty great with them).

Could use some real help here

DBT therapy and melatonin.
>good for anxiety, depression, dialectics in general, might help with communication.
>helps regulate sleep schedule, just recommend taking them in moderation so you don't become dependent or if the effect wears off.

also, this might just be me... try getting up early in the morning, go for a run or jog. Come back home, eat some fruit, masturbate (don't always have to do this, especially not daily), take a shower, relax for a good hour. It makes your body feel great and it won't even be noon yet.

>specifically what it's shit at?
Good question, cant tell ya.

Attached: mmh.gif (499x315, 481K)

Thank you, i’ll look into those - its hard to do the running thing every day cuz i have a daughter and gotta be up early during the weekdays ; on weekends when i’m free though, i do get up and go walking and i really enjoy it - my mind is still fucked though - i have friends and stuff, but it wouldn’t take much for me to decline and become an outcast ; sometimes its like my brain is sabotaging me and wants me to alienate myself and fail

completely understand, schedules can get in the way.
> sometimes it's like my brain is sabotaging me and wants me to alienate myself and fail

I know that feel too man. It's the mind consumes itself with depressive and anxiety-induced overstimulation, so I'll spend a day in bed and it just sabotages progression.

Sorry, not giving much advice, I do hope you don't feel alone at the least and please know that I encourage you keep yourself going, I'm sure you deserve to be hard working and happy.

it doesnt take a crazy person to tell you that youre in a community being experimented on at a global scale. with peer review, at that.

that being said im a schizoaffective individual who just fell into a good medicine regime with risperidone. i dont recommend it because everyone has a different medication that fits for them.

my psychiatrist is so good she doubles as a therapist. ive been dealing with this disorder for 10 years and i can tell you that its rare but possible. 6 months ago i would have vehemently denied any medication but this stuff actually works and im not experiencing any hallucinations or paranoid delusions.

the majority of people in the mental health community want to just get paid and leave. you get more from social workers (this is my experience) and people in related fields who got psychology degrees just to help people. the psychology and psychiatry worlds are too lucrative for there not to be greedy people waiting to take advantage of you.

good luck user(s)

The only success I've seen with a psychologist/psychiatrist (can't remember which one does both medication and psychotherapy and which one just farms out drugs to people) was when this guy used drugs only to keep someone from killing themselves while developing a mental toolkit for dealing with life.

The biggest factor for the patients success (the patients I'm very close to) was in gradually facing the problems and anxieties of life, light and ever increasing exposure until the fears etc were overcome.

It reminds me of everything else in life, you can train your brain and your body over time but crutches promote and exacerbate weaknesses be they physical or mental.

Everyone else I know that went through the mainstream system either killed themselves or live a shit drug dependant life where they identify solely by their "condition". You have to identify as yourself and as a person and not as your condition, it's like smokers that "try" to quite and identify as a smoker and then try to force themselves to quite rather than re-identifying themselves as a non-smoker and taking steps to condition their mind and body away from it. You are who you believe you are at the end of the day and your actions step you towards what you believe.

I came very close to being fed through the system but I decided to use exposure and spirituality to keep some meaning and peace in my life as I worked on myself, my body and my mind. I'm glad I never went on drugs and went to hospitals, because now I'm just a normal functioning human being that suffers through life but has enough meaning to hopefully tough it out and get the rewards that are on the otherside of fear. Plus the journey is the fun part for me now, all of lifes ups and downs are just part of the play of which I'm an actor and I thoroughly enjoy it. Nihilism or existential crises need not lead to crippling your ability to live in the world.

Attached: Alan-Watts-Gods.jpg (318x159, 7K)

It was sarcasm dumbo, dont do it its all bullshit