Fixing Modern "education"

>1928 Math Book
>6oz, pocket sized
>probably cost $2

>2018 textbook
>200 pages, heavy as fuck
>$150 every year for a "new edition"

Attached: IMG_1688.jpg (1224x1632, 599K)

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.org/stream/firstcourseinal02ammegoog#page/n6
archive.org/stream/firstcourseinal01fitegoog#page/n5
raysarithmetic.wordpress.com/rays-free-arithmetic/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

simple.

Create a book co-op. Pay a fix rated to the co-op to have access to its books. Every time you finish a course you donate your books to the co-op.

The only problem is getting that first generation of people to donate their books.

ok so people donate their books when they;re done, whats stopping the publishers from saying that" everyone must buy the 2nd edition now "

They're expensive for the same reason college itself is expensive, all the subsidies and loans for students who probably shouldn't even be in college. I rarely paid for text books because there was always a way to find what I needed in a PDF.

Let's see some of the contents of that 1928 book

>late stage capitalism

Saged. Retard. Maybe if you adjusted that for inflation you wouldn't be such a retard.

Attached: Screenshot_2018-09-17-16-30-06-284_com.android.chrome.jpg (915x1650, 129K)

Abolish capitalism. They make a new book every year because it makes them profits.

That thing should be free at archive.org
brb

Those old books are great.
They are basically outlines with minimal (but complete) information, and the teacher was expected to actually know the fucking material and fill in the blanks.

>old textbooks
If you use those you're going to have to start taking good notes in class because there is very little in the way of explanation in them. You might also need more than one book.

It's these two versions that appear most, both have more than volumes. Both downloadable in epub and pdf you can read it on your iPad too.
archive.org/stream/firstcourseinal02ammegoog#page/n6
archive.org/stream/firstcourseinal01fitegoog#page/n5
So the best price is for free.

Use the Ray's Arithmetic Series.
raysarithmetic.wordpress.com/rays-free-arithmetic/

thanks for the links

That whole site is full with it. You'll find law books too, like Roman law and Constitutional doesn't change. There are language books too.

Abolish leafs. We got this due to big government.

Higher Education is a Jewish racket. Buy antique textbooks, they are better.

theres no such thing

o rly

Attached: ewgwegewgweure.jpg (854x1155, 192K)

I have my father's old engineering textbooks when he was a student. They were useful in explaining concepts and the working, only issue was that they were in imperial.

adjust that for inflation

The text book Jew is the biggest scam

The problem is that professors have no reason whatsoever to not teach the most recent and most expensive book. I have wondered whether or not some professors might actually be getting kickbacks.

>probably cost $2
Today's money - not 1928 dollars Hone.

Same. But if anything, old textbooks taught me to deal with it as nothing more than a scalar. Whatever the client wants is what I'll use. Fuck BTUs though.

They get punished and potentially fired if they do not force new books on their students.

look at those 56% fingers

“The White Cell Manual” used to be a pamphlet. My FIL’s 1940 Biochemistry textbook had about 50 pages.

There is a clue. When the book is written by the perfesser....

>Buying the new edition
My organic chemistry book is the previous edition, and my physical chemistry book is 3 editions back

Oh yeah, I forgot you guys have it different there. Our professors specifically told us not to buy the new one because it's no different

>abolish capitalism
>no new editions
>have to buy one second hand copy
>the number of copies are now limited
>price per copy goes up
>learning maths becomes expensive

It depends on the professor and probably the field. In my programming classes, projects and exams were all things the professors themselves made up and most of us didn't even have to bother with the book because Java, C, VB all have so many free online learning resources. Systems Analysis and Project Management required assignments out of the book, but fortunately they were cheap. As for those electives they make you take under the pretense of making you well-rounded, it was downright absurd. A literature class required a very specific and very expensive textbook on very well-known fairy tales, and the professor insisted she would know if we got it from another source because fairy tales always have hundreds of variations. I never bought the book and she didn't seem to notice my essay on Rapunzel was based on a version I found online.