Why are all the planets in the solar system on the same orbital plane?

Is the solar system, dare I say it, Flat?

Attached: FLAT.jpg (990x728, 161K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uG7wKcB63rY
youtube.com/watch?v=MTY1Kje0yLg
youtu.be/Aj6Kc1mvsdo
youtu.be/tmNXKqeUtJM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

because the sun spins in only one way
and the gravitational pull something something

I have been confuzzled by this... are they actually on the same orbital plane? Is that a fact? They are habitually depicted as such and yet whenever I asked my phisics teachers they didn't give me a concrete answer. I never took an astronomy class unfortunately.

That's not an answer. That's as good as saying "just because" I think perhaps we have been lied to in some way... about the orientation of the planets.

Apparently yes they're on the same plane, Pluto is a bit wonky but that's been demoted from being a planet, our moon has an inclined orbit of the earth by 5 degrees or something. It's pretty weird.

You'll find that not every planet follows this plane exactly, especially mercury and pluto

Attached: 1522544120549.jpg (600x297, 86K)

throw 100 marbles in a bowl from random directions, they'll impact each other until a fairly uniform direction and plane has been established.

Not as flat as in this picture, some are off by quite a bit

but they aren't, faggot

>in a bowl

But the bowl is providing the plane, I reckon their must be some force that has caused these planets to all near enough be on the same plane, like your bowl, only not your bowl. Maybe a bowl though.

conservation of angular momentum. deviations from the plane seen among most planets are due to the fact that the Sun is not a perfect point mass among other things. Orbital resonance also throws it off.

Comets and other objects captured by the Sun's gravitation don't necessarily orbit in the plane (eg. Oort Cloud)

Because they form from an asymmetric cloud of gas, which collapses in the shortest direction first; it contracts inwards but winds up spinning around the center, with planets forming from imperfections in that young disk of matter. They all wind up orbiting in the same plane, separated only by a few degreesat most from one another.

They're not even, not exact no. They're close on a cosmic scale which is more than accurate enough for the size and scale we're depicting.

A body enters orbit. Doesn't matter what plane. Another enters or is created. They will clash gravitationally over billions of years. They push, pull, and grind each other into a similar orbit. When it's planets off axis they jerk at each other as they pass correcting each other into a similar plane.

With two, the third joins quickly into the same plane. So on.

It's the physics of lowest order. But with enough time, proximity and mass they coordinate.

Miss me yet?

Attached: pluto.jpg (2090x1080, 132K)

youtube.com/watch?v=uG7wKcB63rY

youtube.com/watch?v=MTY1Kje0yLg

a semi-plane is created in space by the pure gravitational force of the sun combined by its rotation

fucking hivemind faggots

youtu.be/Aj6Kc1mvsdo
youtu.be/tmNXKqeUtJM
Never make this thread again

They aren't. There are no planets and the Earth is flat.

user, you are missing the point. The rotation of the solar system has more to do with when our planets were just dust in a nebula. The sun formed and molecules started bonding; gravity pushing and pulling off each other, this is the rotation that resulted.

Methane molecules may be felchted off Pluto and re condense on Charon

Oh, right. So what are those blinky things in the sky at night? Bar Mitvah night lights?

It would be a lot weirder if they were all completely random, how exactly would you explain that?

Stop worshiping CGI pictures, goy.

Attached: math.jpg (954x661, 70K)

So assuming it's flat, user, what say you about the gravitational pull of the "flat universe?" Are you in agreement that there is not outside force pulling the objects within the universe in any direction? That they are free to affect their own gravity in their own space?

Attached: index.jpg (275x183, 10K)

Everything is mathematically flat, we exist in a sense on a taught sheet, the mass of the earth and othe planets pull this sheet down and around us giving the appearance of a globe, but really it is always flat to the observer, but it is still a circle. Just like moon looks "flat" but its also a circle at the same time.

Attached: 1536747108061.gif (652x562, 626K)

That all sounds very reasonable and logical, but, couldn't we just attribute it to a magic, invisible, floating faggot in the sky?

Of course not.

>I'm retarded and can't into math
you don't say, burger

(((solar system)))

>big heavy cunt follows a certain orbit and pulls the smaller planets into a similar one over time

Good point I wonder what the orbital planes of the planets in other solar systems are like.

If you start with a big gravitationally bound cloud of matter, a disc is what you end up with even if all the particles have completely random momentum. Opposite momenta will cancel out via friction until its down to a 2-dimensional remainder, naturally forming a spinning disc. Most of the matter will form a star at the center, and what little remains forms the planets. At the edges, matter will clump together as an Oort cloud or leave a thin gas bubble. Small variations in the orbital and rotation angles are expected because the angular momentum is not necessarily dispersed perfectly throughout the cloud, and weird cases such as planets with opposite rotation are interesting exceptions that came about through extrasolar capture or collisions with foreign objects etc.

Everything in the system affecting one another (some more than others) just eventually creates an equilibrium

Kind of like if you smash your hand into a pool of water, the ripples will eventually become stillness

Because it was in god's plan to allow us easy travel between our planets as practice for reaching other stars.

Attached: kisspng-christianity-pol-television-communism-4chan-christ-chan-gun-5b4631a0193b16.69726326153132688 (900x800, 109K)

And remember, our sun is moving. So it actually looks like this

Attached: vortice.jpg (568x332, 31K)

>When your entire solar system looks like an ultimate dragonball z attack

Only good answer has zero responses
>the earth is flat like a disc
>ergo planets must be flat
>ergo the orbit must be flat
PhD Jow Forums U. Class of 2012

And this guy.
>he knows the earth is also flat due to the spinning mass.

>it spins only in one way
>planets spin the wrong way
>moons spin the wrong way
>debris spins the wrong way

Oh vey, quickly delete the conservation of momentum, goy!

Oh, for a serious answer it is because gravity is a meme and something more similar to what we call magnetism is at play.

Being this retarded I can only surmise that you are an Abbo who somehow got online and found someone else to type for you. They are not on the same plane, they are relatively in the same plane with a high degree of variance. The objects that are entirely out of plane negate your asinine assertion completely.

Fun fact, that eccentricity in the moon allows for eclipses to be visible throughout all the most populated zones of the earth!

What a coincidence.

Holy fuck.

Attached: 82066D9C-3CC1-4ADC-AFAA-85994CC69D45.jpg (550x543, 92K)

You can’t be fucking serious. Right?

Look at this absolute genius here, already completely understands planetary motion without ever having a question, fuck off you NPC wanker.

>Ozzy tantalized by the flatness of orbits
>Ozzy cannot into physics

Conservation of angular momentum.

Attached: 1516440647466.jpg (1600x999, 91K)

>venus

Attached: FC1A11DB-1EA3-4A67-B3CE-061E524EDDD6.jpg (250x250, 17K)

This

I'm sure if a flat solar system was very strange our simulations would have shown us that already

>why has saturn a ring?

That spins the wrong way*

Yah yah yah except none of that solar disc on same plane stuff works very well when you consider theres "supposed" to be a Black Hole in the center of every galaxy that makes everything go round n round.
HERES my issue... If a black hole is so powerful that light can not escape why is it rotating in a disc configuration ? Whats up with the gravitational pull 360 degrees? It should be pulling in debris from above not just around the sides.
Or magic gravity ONLY exists on a flat plane.