Is this the ultimate red pill?

Is this the ultimate red pill?

Why do you still believe that caloric restriction is the legitimate way to lose fat, since multiple tests have been made and none of them had success? Why the (((World Health Organization))) wants you to believe that fats are bad and it’s your fault for not being slim?

Attached: 0D213F29-5600-4AE4-AD20-A8372E0982A3.jpg (333x499, 45K)

Other urls found in this thread:

idmprogram.com/evidence-caloric-restriction/
theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2013/jun/19/japanese-diet-live-to-100
youtu.be/dBnniua6-oM
youtu.be/tIuj-oMN-Fk
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Read this idmprogram.com/evidence-caloric-restriction/

I hate that shit like this is pushed as a panacea cure-all that “they” don’t want you to know about.

I tried various high fat, paleo, keto diets and gained weight and felt terrible.

I switched back to a lower fat diet with lots of good carbs and protein and leaned out quickly.

I got dat dere APOA2-GG so it’s not surprising. But still. Diet is complicated and slick marketed books can’t communicate all that complexity.

watch dr lustig on youtube

obesity epidemic is a top ten global problem

I lost 110 lbs in 11months just by calorie restriction.

>(((Jonathan bailor)))
No thanks. One too many coincidences. Get your knowledge from trustworthy sources next time.

>didn't IF
Anecdote discarded

Fasting is the true path to good health. IF is a good start but OMAD and prolonged fasting have a lot of benefits as well.

Back to plebbit faggot

And Jason Fung? What do you think?

You’re one of the very few. Everyone I know is getting fatter and think that eating fats is a stupid thing. But still, I’m the only one in really good shape.

>Fasting is the true path to good health.

Also a valid path to ruining your health. Not everyone should fast.

By the time you end up making blanket statements like fat is good carbs are bad or vice versa, you are already deep in the territory of "dogmatic and delusional". All nutrition is contextual, and not a single macronutrient group is inherently healthy or unhealthy.

yes you have transcended thermodynamics your body can make energy out of nothing
its certainly not you not tracking calories/tracking them wrong/eating more than you should

I’ve lost 40 lbs in 2 and a half months eating 1k calories a day. Only 60 more lbs to go

>eat less, especially carbs
>exercise more

and that's how i lost weight.
nothing more, nothing hard, there is no lie, but if you don't balance things correctly or manage the lifestyle change well your metabolism may work against you and you may snap back to your old weight unless the "diet" ( which is kinda a bullshit concept) is done.

And how do you feel? Is it something that you can do for the rest of your life?

I prefer keto diet, easy to do for many years.

You're retarded

No it's not, there are way bigger problems than that fucks. It's not even hard to lose weight.

>skinnyfags

Fasting is for women and betas. IT makes your bones weak and depletes your vitamin sources. Fasting more than 1 day a week is as retarded as thinking cigarettes have secret health benefits.

Anyone reading this, all you need to do is lift weights. The more muscle you put on, the quicker you burn fat.

Also you can eat whatever the fuck you want all day if you start lifting, and if your serious about your diet, you'll never be a fatass or a twig again.

Attached: SHAKE TIME GODDAMNIT.png (728x547, 439K)

>so you see, it's like this--when we look at a set of data, we are presented with a wall of information. Each data point, an irremovable brick. But what does this data tell us? We know it can't be true, and so we must determine where the flaw comes from. It is then that the miraculous happens--if we look at each data point seperately it is not data--it is an anecdote! We are saved. Now we just find the anecdotes from among the data, and the flaw is removed. Science triumphs again
You'd have to be a retard to honestly think eating less won't cause you to lose weight.

I think the 3rd week was the hardest, but other than that I adjusted. I just make sure to drink a big glass of water/green tea with every meal. On Saturday nights I have a “cheat” meal with my wife where I dont count calories, but I just don’t go overboard. I generally eat the same basic meal M-F and sunday I cook something healthy with my wife. I hit the gym M-F and go on the eliptical for an hour keeping my HR at 120-130. I do look forward to eventually increasing my calories to 1800, but then I plan on lifting.

>1k calories
How tall are you? Because I can't dip much lower than 1800 and I'm 6'1".

183 cm currently 220 lbs..

Fucking HOW?
You're shorter than me and weigh the same amount. I feel like death if I don't eat at least 1/2kg of meat in a day and reach 1800.

How is it like being fat in Japan where everyone is lean?

Fatties consume more and expire early, no need to retirement.

0. There is no optimum human diet. Humans are animals, and animals eat what is available to survive. This question only arises now because we have created a civilization capable of feeding people who don't have to work to get it.
1. Every time I see an article or book telling us what humans need to eat I can think of a human population on Earth that has never had that food item in their life.
1. The best way to lose weight is to eat healthy foods and exercise. Because this is so hard to do, there will be fad diets until the end of time.
2. Healthy foods are natural, non-processed foods, cooked and prepared at home. Read the ingredients.
3, Exercise is movement. You need to move.
4. You will die of something, You will never die of nothing.

Certain phenotypes have adjusted to certain diets.

My ancestors mostly ate meat and fish. Guess who can't eat grains without it destroying his gut.

I did omad keto for 2 weeks feels good to stuff on meats and broccoli fried in butter

Brussel sprouts in bacon fat. :D

>you expand energy to hunt, gather, find food in wild
>sometimes you don't succeed and go hungry, other times, you succeed and your body triggers itself to store food into fat from specific food sources

In a society where the physical activities leading up to getting food in your mouth is pretty much down to shopping or even just picking up the phone and ordering delivery and the type of job you work at in order to earn the food varies dramatically, on what fucking logic is the current fat crisis escaping you exactly?

all i did was exercise, cut the sugar out shit like sweet-breads and soda and drink loads of water
lost about 0.25kg~ a week that way till i got nto optimal weight (lost about 12kg in total)
it took a while but it was worth it, didn't even have to count calories like a cuck lol

I cut out bread, dairy, soft drinks, I never have enjoyed snacking (chips, sweets), and cut alcohol consumption down to 2x weekly. I have lost 24lbs since new years day. I never exercise and live a very sedentary lifestyle. So take this information and do what you will. 34yo white male 5'8" 186lbs.

He has more muscle.

>You can eat whatever you want and still lose weight!

Stupid fucking scam diets.

Fasting/caloric restriction also helps you live longer, cells repair more often instead of replicating, furthering damage

Then he would need MORE calories, not fewer.

Hasn’t been an issue. I’ve only been here for 3 months but the small portion sizes and having to walk everywhere has really helped me loose weight. Funny enough since I am big and tall people think im strong, perhaps its because some of the men here are skinny to the point theyve lost muscle.

>Not supplementing with vitamins
Didn't think I'd be giving out another most autistic statement award, but here you are.

I walk and drink a lot. I think I used to over eat because I was thirsty/bored. Doing some form of exercise actually makes me feel more energized as paradoxical as that might sound. Maybe try walking for 30-60 min a day.

Yes, certain dietary restrictions can make it much easier to take in less calories without feeling as hungry; but in the end when just looking at weight it is a matter of energy coming in and going out of the body.

You sure showed me twiggy

Attached: 1530205808081.jpg (960x656, 47K)

Yeah, that just makes me hungrier. If I burn 200 calories, I'll need to eat 200 more than my baseline 1800.

IIFYM is really the sustainable way to lose weight or gain weight. How many people are really going to eat a restricted diet forever? Basically very few. IIFYM accounts for this and builds a healthy relationship with food.

fasting (0 calorie) is better than restricted calories. intermittent fasting is probably the best overall but if you've never gone on a real fast in your life it's quite enlightening. just drink water (green tea/black coffee optional) for like 2 or 3 days til you stop feeling hungry all the time. after that you basically just chill out and keep at it til you feel hunger again, that's when you know to go back to eating. you just take it slow the first couple days then go back to normal.

Attached: 1514737267314.jpg (680x1024, 62K)

Perhaps you should try a water fast to prove to yourself that you can survive not eating. Try 7 days with just water. Think about it as a challenge of mind over matter, or if you are religious use it as a way to atone for sins. Once you prove to yourself you don’t need to eat when you feel hungry you will learn the feeling will pass.

Yeah, nah. I'm happy with my meal schedule.

Reminder that paleo is the white man's diet. If you dont hit your target weight on paleo you're not white.

>These diets are terrible and never worked for me
>By the way, I took a DNA test that said I'm genetically predisposed to obesity
You have to go back.

if you eat when you first start to feel hungry you're a cuck to your body, wait a while, try and eat once a day or during a 10 hour period and do not eat past 9pm or you'll spike your blood sugar

you need to cardio too

>Doubling down

Attached: face.gif (500x211, 439K)

>186cm
>87kg
>~15% bf

I maintain on 3500. 1800 is a single meal to me, what he fuck do you do all day?

OP you lose weight by calorie restriction you lose fat by exercise. Two completely different things.

Into the trash it goes.

being so fat and well fed that you don't even understand eating less makes you lose weight has got to be the most degenerate decadence of the modern world

>Why do you still believe that caloric restriction is the legitimate way to lose fat,

Jow Forums fag here, and as such, I am the final authority on this. I will explain it to you and then you will understand.

"Calories In, Calories Out" is basic physics. IT IS IRREFUTABLE. In order to lose weight, you MUST be in a caloric deficit. It literally CAN'T work any other way.

Your body requires energy to function. While exercise does burn some energy, MOST of the energy you burn in a day is from simply being alive - breathing, thinking, having a pulse. There are only two possible sources for this energy: 1. Food you eat, and 2. Burning body tissue (mostly fat, but also muscle.) There is no such thing as a condition that prevents a person from burning body fat, as this condition would literally be fatal in a matter of hours.

Similarly, in order to GAIN weight, your body requires raw material to work with. And literally the only possible source for this material is food that wasn't already burned as energy. In order to gain weight, you MUST be in a caloric surplus. It literally CAN'T work any other way.

An important point to understand here is that ANY "diet plan" you read about is simply a trick to keep you in a caloric deficit for an extended period of time, EVEN IF THEY TELL YOU OTHERWISE.

The "Calories In" part is easy. Track what you eat. Lrn2read food labels.

The "Calories Out" part can get tricky, because a LOT of variables can go into this. You could literally write a book on this topic. Activity level, age, gender, various medical conditions, even eating different KINDS of foods can affect your "Calories Out". It can be a moving target.
BUT, and this is important to understand: NOTHING, NOTHING, NOTHING changes the fact that you HAVE a "Calories Out" number, and that eating above/below this number will make you gain/lose weight respectively.

I'm cutting right now, user. I'd be at ~2500 to maintain.

2500 before any exercise, I should say.

212 in January, 184 now, calorie counting with 20% of calories from fat, no less than 150 grams of protein a day, and the rest carbs. Cardio is 7 - 10 hours a week (running mainly, but in try to swim 3200m a week) and lift three times a week (back, chest, shoulders, and legs when I can get them in, as the running has my legs looking good).

I think by now it has been proved that a healthier diet provides a better and longer life.

theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2013/jun/19/japanese-diet-live-to-100

Mostly though, it's just important to not eat shit pumped full of hormones or dangerous pesticides or GMOs, colourants and other chemicals are the greatest causes of bad health later in life, hell, corpses have an hard time decomposing several decades into entombent due to food preservatives.

>or GMOs
There is nothing inherently wrong with GMO's.

Attached: Golden_Rice.jpg (640x425, 246K)

I just measure my distances in joules, and that has always worked (kg m^2)/s^2. And use a constant value as my metabolic base.

t. monsanto

I've lost around 45lbs since april on keto(Almost out of the obese range for my height, have about 40 more to lose to hit target) I'm still on a fairly harsh calorie restriction, but the difference between now and when I've tried it without keto is that my appetite is pretty much gone between breakfast and dinner, which are the only 2 times I eat a day.

Just because Monsanto sucks doesn't mean genetically modifying food crops is unilaterally bad.

We could be turning nitrogen-hungry plants into hydrogen fixing plants, making foods more nutrient-dense, increasing shelf life and allowing them to grow in more hostile environments.

Would you rather we genetically modify cocoa or let it go extinct? What about coffee? Bananas? Because that's what we're looking at if we don't act soon.

Roundup is shit and you won't hear me argue otherwise. Saying that the technology is "bad" is childish. All technologies are only as good as how they are used. Whether it's from selecting for traits over hundreds and thousands of years or exposing the seeds to radiation and stumbling upon a mutation we like or directly implanting the traits we want, human tampering is human tampering. When's the last time you ate a carrot that looked like this?

Attached: Carrot_Queen_Annes_Lace_or_wild_carrot_roots_DP860.jpg (1024x768, 65K)

>hydrogen fixing
Fucking autocorrect. NITROGEN FIXING PLANTS.

There is some truth to this. Uranium has a fuckton of calories, but you will lose weight, if you eat it. Same is true for gasoline.

Cut out fructose. That's it. That's fucking it. If you eat 0 fructose (which includes sucrose, which is half and half fructose/glucose), then your energy and hunger levels will normalize and you'll drift to a healthy weight.

youtu.be/dBnniua6-oM

I agree with you but with the current state of these super-corporations I can't trust them to modify them to actual produce cheap and healthly food rather than cheaply made food that likely damages us in unforseen ways (of they just don't care it does) simply to sell it sightly less than biological food, we both know they don't care about the advancement of the human civilization, they just care about the short term profits of their own pockets.

Aka, eating less, aka fasting.

>thermodynamics is a myth
get a load of this retard

Try eating pure sugar or just drinking alcohol for food.
It has enough calories to sustain you.

IF YOU'RE FAT IT'S BECAUSE YOU EAT TOO MUCH. EAT LESS OR EXERCISE MORE. PREFERABLY BOTH

You don't have to be a fucking organic chemist to figure out health. Sugar is terrible for your health. Fat isn't as bad but you can't be slamming double bacon cheeseburgers every day. Processed carbs are bad in excess as well.

I eat about equal thirds meat, vegetables, and bread/potatoes/pasta for every meal, supplemented by fruit. I don't drink pop, and lift/run at least 4-5 days a week. I've never been close to being fat and never will in my life.

Attached: 1529646358460.jpg (536x536, 67K)

That doesnt make sense you giant assblasted fag
Kys rn, I swear to god

Would this really work? Try pulling 150lbs of tire up a mountain for hours with a single can of coke.

I bet you still weigh 300 lbs.

That book was completely debunked multiple times.

Jow Forums reporting in, CICO is the gold standard and is the principle all meme diets work off of (intentionally or no)

80lb in 4 months by strictly regulate my intake to 1400Cals per day.

>idmprogram.com/evidence-caloric-restriction/
Good read. Dr. Fung is pretty good at discrediting CICO. I think fasting does work. I lost 15 lbs over the summer by fasting for 3-4 days a week for one month. Still have not gained it back.

People used to move 61 km/day.

Alexander force marched 800 km in 13 days to fight thieves while carrying 80lbs of equipment.

Everybody loses weight when they calorie restrict. However after 6-18 months their bodies start to regain and their metabolism slows. You will be fatter than ever in 3 years.
see link provided.

Attached: 1471179968663.jpg (700x493, 101K)

20+ year fitness enthusiast here. Most people even on Jow Forums believe all the dumbest shit. The real truth to losing weight (fat) is eating CLEAN. Lean meats, no fatty shit, no fried shit, no restaurant food, up with whole grains, down with starchy grains, white rice/bread, sugar, etc. Jow Forumsfaggots will tell you "DUDE IF IT MEETS YOUR MACROS ANYTHINGS GOOD LOL" and then they remain fat fucking shitheaps who can squat a bar a few times but nothing else. Energy in = energy out only in a physics textbook, real human metabolism is more complex. Don't justify it to yourself eating 1kg of saturated fat everyday with "dude it will pump up my testosterone and metabolism". You're just going to get fat and stupid.
Eat clean, clean cut, clean bulk, that's the way to actually looking and feeling fucking amazing.

Calorie restriction is the only way to diet. I lost tons on the 200 and 300 calorie cookbooks

Ever tried not eating?
It's the same exact thing.
"calorie restriction" is just a fancy word for fedora wearing faggots.

Caloric restriction still works when your diet is primarily animal fats.
It's just that when your diet is 50% carbs, nothing will help, not even liposuction.

What you "Dude i understand the laws of thermodynamics that means i'm a fitness guru" fags always fail to take into account is how dynamic the human metabolism is. What you eat and how you eat it can have a vast effect on caloric expenditure REGARDLESS of activity level.
You HAVE to restrict calories but there are a lot of stupid ways to go about it that become counterproductive to reaching ACTUAL GOALS in the long run. And every 18-20 year old zoomer wants to believe they're ironman material and can just will themselves through it.. 99% fail and cry and refuse to be told what they did wrong.

>However after 6-18 months their bodies start to regain and their metabolism slows. You will be fatter than ever in 3 years.
Then take a cheat day or do a maintenance week. Just because your fatass gave up after a few months doesn't mean you should drag others down with your lies.

Lol - I was a ketotard for a veeeeryyy loooooong time because I once lost 50lbs in 2 months some years back. I thought I found the truth and that everything else is a conspiracy by the sugar or whatnot industry. I was wrong and got redpilled over the years self studying biochemistry, metabolism, hormones and steroids. Study steroids, take steroids, get manly and redpilled.

It is true - calories in and calories out. Yes you can post your bible here or change that cover to the Atkins diet - it is all the same all the same lies to let people believe in something. All of these things work and why - because people actually eat less with fad diet a, b or c.
Try to eat 70% of you calories in fat you won't make it a have a biiiiiiiiiiig fucking deficit in the end of the day because it satiates you. You know what everyone should do keto or cut out sugar completely but they all have to know that they just believe in some magic diet and that there are good and bad foods but they are afraid to work on themselves and learn how to track calories and the food they ingest. You can eat everything if you stay at your maintencance or lose if you are below.

Because hormones. Your body is literally addicted to food and releases hormones that make you feel hungry and terrible when you don't eat. Go for more than a couple days and you'll feel better.

>dude, energy not real!

>Calories in/calories out is gospel
It's not that simple. Calories are determined by lighting food on fire and heating water with it. That's not how physiology works.
youtu.be/tIuj-oMN-Fk

Keto is hard to do. You have to eat like less than 50 g of carbs and not eat too much protein. Also your electrolyte balance gets fucked so you need to consume more sodium.

Fats are good, but eating shitloads of calories isn't good.

The Reddit spacing is how I know this person is clueless.

>lies
What lies. Did you read the studies? I will post it again. Please refute the evidence idmprogram.com/evidence-caloric-restriction/
There is no evidence that CICO works long term only evidence that it does not.

Can you gain weight on 0 calories? No? Probably because nature is governed by physics and you’re a fucking retarded gook.

Today I just track my fucking calories and have even some grams of cookies and a chocolate bar everyday and every couple of weeks I just eat above my maintenance and get some high calorie junk food in to stay even saner then I actually do just by doing what I do now. Try to eat at a maintenance of 4000 calories with "clean foods" haha what the fuck, eat some kellogs, muesli and gummybears around your workouts invest the 5 dollars in a scale and be happy without restricting yourself. God I wish I knew all that when I was desperate for years and a whiny bitch craving for all the fun stuff we eat. Just don't eat at restaurants which you can only eyeball the calories off that often, cook for yourself and have daily grams of fun. We have it sooooo good if we talk about food anyways. I wish chocolate and everything would be expensive like back in the days you only had those for christmas.

It's my muscles that hurt if I don't eat enough, not my stomach.

Start running 10km/day and eat less.

Attached: 149394584056965475847585.png (1920x1080, 2.22M)

optimsm/vitamin C? calcium?