European trying to understand USA voter ID controversy
> Be European
> Go to California on holiday during an election
> Get in line and vote without anyone ever checking anything
> Drive for a few mins into Oregon
> Repeat
> Drive to Nevada
> Repeat
Could I actually do this? That's the impression I've gotten, is it really this ridiculous?

Attached: USA voter ID map.png (404x368, 58K)

Other urls found in this thread:

desmoinesregister.com/story/news/crime-and-courts/2017/07/07/iowa-woman-charged-voting-twice-trump-pleads-guilty/459718001/
voterrecords.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=rrBxZGWCdgs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Sauce on pic related

why wouldn‘t you check your id? how do you even come up with arguments for that? americans are crazy

Wikipedia
pls no bully

raycissm

afaik it’s because certain people deemed requiring IDs racist because black people don’t know how to get an ID

That's exactly how I understood it as well, but nobody can truly favor this system. It should also mean, that you can vote as often as you wish in the same place.

You would still need to be registered to vote. I live in NJ where no ID is required, but you can't vote unless you're in the book. That means if you know where someone is registered and you get there before them (or you know they're not going to vote) you could steal their vote but the risk would be very high.

Otherwise, you would have to find some way to get on the rolls for every place you tried this in, which could be more or less difficult by state.

>most liberal states in the union
>no required ID to vote
Really gets that ol' noggin a joggin

Hm... if it weren't a federal offense I would say go for it.
But no, pretty sure they have to have your name or address or something.
t. person living in one of the red colored states so i wouldnt fully know

In some states, yes. Here in Michigan a drivers' license is requested. There are ways to vote without having ID on your person (by filling out forms and having them look you up, essentially). In some states, what you described can be done.

The big problem is not so much illegals but rather dead people. Only Republican states take the time to cross-reference deaths and votes, whereas Democrats say that's a waste of time. Guess which states have dead people voting in them?

>Could I actually do this?

No. Not unless you know the name and address of a person in each of those station's districts who is registered to vote and won't be voting.

Let me explain my state's situation before people start bully.

Here in Alaska we have villages with two digit populations. Everybody knows everybody and it's not even a meme unlike the South. Consequently "personal recognition" i.e. the election official being your drinking buddy is sufficient ID to vote here. If the election people don't know you they're gonna need some ID.

more or less what said except they made it sound less racist obviously. Really it's because their is no point restricting a population who will vote for you

Puerto Rico has voter ID FYI

You have to provide name and address
You dont get to survive it, but people tried it for Trump.
desmoinesregister.com/story/news/crime-and-courts/2017/07/07/iowa-woman-charged-voting-twice-trump-pleads-guilty/459718001/

However, its pointless as only the electoral college matters, so fraud away.

It’s funny because I thought ID requirement was a thing up here too but when I worked at the polls in my provincial election I was told that for new electors into a riding they didn’t have to give ID and could just sign a legal declaration that they lived in the riding and they could vote. Two people I know double voted like this even though if they got caught they’d get a huge fucking fine but yet I’ve heard nothing about this.
If it’s like this for federal elections too then our country is mega fucked.

It's almost like.. noo.. that would be crazy.. oh no no no...

Fuck, I forgot to mention that you have to register to vote. This is part of how they look you up.

The trouble being of course that at the local and state levels this process can be very, very shoddy.

those shitskins can vote?

The argument from the Democrats is that it's racist because blacks and Mexicans are too dumb to carry ID or even know how to get an ID.

A more tactful argument is that it's a poll tax (post-Civil War the Democrats made laws at the state level saying you had to pay a fee to vote, effectively barring Blacks, who were dirt poor and in some cases actually legally barred from doing business with the state government, from voting). This runs into the issue of ANY government expenditure to run an ection being a poll-tax, so it iscompletely nonsensical.

>mfw I live in a voter id state

Attached: 1311948481105.gif (452x478, 770K)

There isn't a single federal ID that everybody gets in the US. A passport would work for that, but it costs money and poor people generally don't travel abroad. The "classic" case of someone without ID is an old working class black woman in an inner city who was born at home and has never driven. There aren't many people like that, but there are some legitimate cases.

Feel free to browse our voter rolls to make your fraudulent voting easier.

voterrecords.com/

From their FAQs
>Why is my personal information such as address, phone number, email, party affiliation, etc listed on this site?

>All information appearing on this site is publicly available data. All voter data on this site is public record and can be obtained directly from the government by anyone at anytime.

The left cannot win a national election without cheating. And it's more difficult for them to cheat if photo ID is required to vote.

youtube.com/watch?v=rrBxZGWCdgs

Attached: kstkysty.png (2048x1184, 2.03M)

You have to register to vote first , then go to the polls and state your name. So if you registered ahead of time in every state you want to go go then Yes. To register i beleive you need to put an address down and a name, not sure what else.

>tfw I don't but there's a bill coming up in the midterms that will make it possible
God I hope this shit passes just so libs will lose more of their "votes"

>Could I actually do this?
No because American is a real country unlike whatever eurotrash shithole you come from and it takes more than a few minutes to drive between states

Attached: stfu_001[1].jpg (628x436, 53K)

If you knew the name of 1 person in that district that you could claim to be, yes. Just claim to be someone dead in that district, and hope a Democrat activist didn't beat you to it.
That's why Democrats always stand in the way of photo ID for voting, but only for voting. They are all for it to get into the court house itself.

The risk is nothing. People that do this are caught less than 1% of the time.
As the voter rolls of every US county are PUBLIC RECORDS and available online, all you need to do is look through the roles, find a name, and check to see if they died in the past few years. If yes, that's a safe account to use when committing voter fraud.

Can we superimpose this against 2016 election?

Which is why Southern states issue photo ID for free. Because the Southern Democrats did use photo IDs being "pricy" as a way to block dirt poor black people from voting.

The dumbest thing about the Democratic position is that they supported the 9/11 requirement that requires everyone going into a government building, including local court houses, to require a photo ID. So some of the voting places REQUIRE a photo ID just to get in.

Blacks somehow manage to get into court houses despite the photo ID requirement, just like blacks somehow manage to board airplanes, even though they have to show a photo ID to walk into an airport or board a plane.

She would have a photo ID to buy alcohol and cigarettes.

this map isn't up to date
missouri is wrong at least

California gives Illegals Ids and drivers licenses so its not unreasonable to think nearby liberal states follow suit and their voter fraud prevention is problem non existant.

I'm in Illinois and we have to register to vote and show our state id/driver's license to large angry black women at the polling place. I did early voting so idk if it's any different on election day itself, but I don't see how it would be.

Because minorities wont get IDs

Minorities cant vote multiple times.

Illegals wont be able to vote

It would give a second number to check agaisnt so they can as easily make up their numbers

And it would incentivise government not to give IDs to certain people. (You need a social secuiry card, birth certificate, employment documentation, and a bank account printout, a utility bill, a blood sample, and notarized finger print scan).

and in the case of MA, the person also can't have missed voting in any election in the past year (this gets me every single time i go to vote) or filling out a census and you'd need to be about their age and have them not actually try to vote themselves.

then go for it!

it's funny. 20 years ago, Republicans were the pro-immigration party. Don't send Elian home! What matters is what's best for him! not to say they had any actual feelings on the issue, but GOP wasn't blind to changing demographics in the USA and thought they had an potential in with Mexicans, in particular... on account of more similar social beliefs. GW actually got 44% of hispanic vote in first election.

The Real ID act which now almost fully implemented and is already tied into a government database... needs to be tied into a vital statistics database (deaths), and voter registration database.
Then voters need to be able to log into a website after they vote and see that, indeed, their actual vote is recorded and reflected accurately.
Maybe even a dual-system where you fill out a paper ballot AND a digital one side-by-side to prevent fraud.
If the paper and digital count differ by too much, obviously something got tampered with.

Beaners will vote for whoever lets in more beaners. All they really care about is what's best for beaners, not America.
In fact, they hate and envy America, and would gladly see it burn to the ground so long as THEY can stand on the ashes.

Wait wait wait--- the government is going to have a central database of who voted, where, and how? As in they will know if Joe Coffee voted for the GOP or Dem candidate? Are they fucking nuts? We have already seen just how quickly Dems weaponized the government against their opposition. Giving them a DB that lets them know who their enemy's voting support is just crazy.

When I voted in 2016, I told my grandpa that he had to rotate the dial when he asked how this thing worked. This SJW hamplanet that worked there started to jump my ass in which I quickly put her in her place by yelling at her that she Wasnt shit and had no authority and especially authority to tell me I want speak in public to my grandfather no less.

>t. Almost got arrested performing my patriotic civic duty

It's a issue that flies in the face of the left's ideology. If the idea is more government control over everything than that is exactly what border control and voter id is. There are other things democrats are against that make no ideological sence but those are the main one's.

It makes no sense, and it doesn't have to make sense, because the Left has controlled our society for 50 years and are never held accountable.

But there is another explanation: We lived in a high-trust society when whites were the vast majority of the population, but the laws haven't changed to keep up with our demographics.

No I'm saying that the only way for you to know that your vote wasn't flipped or altered, is if you can see for yourself at some later time.
Of course, as you say, that leads to other potential problems, which could maybe be mitigated somehow by restricting internal access to the database.
My point is that the way things are now, there's zero accountability and massive potential for fraud at every step.

>California doesn't require voter ID

Now it all comes together.

tell that to the new yorkers that go to new jersey to vote for the second time, my brother used to be one

The risk is literally nothing because police never want to be seen at the polls. You show up, peek at the signature book, see a name not signed yet, say you're that person, scribble book and vote.

your vote doesn't count in California silly.

Honestly if you can't even take the time and effort to get proper paper work to vote, then you shouldn't be voting.

The best argument for not checking is benefiting from illegal votes.

Attached: California Motor Voter Illegal Voters.png (1284x1692, 295K)

But don't worry about that.

Attached: California Voter Fraud.jpg (768x787, 110K)

The real redpilled issue here is "How do we disenfranchise the 95% of ABSOLUTE RETARDS out there who wouldn't recognize their own personal and national self-interest when it's right in front of their faces?"
As has been said a million times, we don't live in a democracy. That's always been a psy-op perpetrated by the people who own the media -- because they know the common people are easy to fool and be led astray.
We live in a republic, and only intelligent men of good character should be able to vote.

>my muhnorites too dumb to get IDs
>every state requires ID for gibsmedatforfree

Superdelegates. It's much easier to add weight to existing votes than to take them away from anyone. If you say these votes count as supervotes then you can get around these limits. Superdelegates can be married, net tax payers, veterans, or any other group you find worthy.

Attached: Reading vs Voting.jpg (1114x652, 85K)

I'm in Illinois, too. Are you a member of the Republican party?

I had to show my id in Missouri 2 months ago

I think its because a lot of cali places are sanctuary so somtimes they wont even check id so its possible in some places i think. Dont quote me

>Really it's because their is no point restricting a population who will vote for you
You know, besides making sure they're citizens, native to the area, alive, not felons...

That sort of stuff.

Legal residents should be able to vote in the region's elections.
Hell, even illegal aliens should be allowed to vote in the local elections. If they are living in the area and spending money in the community, they are paying taxes into the community. They just shouldn't be voting on national elections, but some do, since it is an honor only system.

Even if you’re not in the book, the people running the voting place are old fucks who have nothing to do but volunteer to do it for free.

They’ll help you out as much as possible and even give you a provisional ballot and “figure out the details later”

Chances are every vote get counted anyway and nobody gives a fuck, unless we have a situation like Florida in 2000 and a recount is needed because less than 1000 votes made the difference in that election

>Blacks somehow manage to get into court houses despite the photo ID requirement

Gee, I wonder how they manage that

Attached: AFA270E7-1C84-474A-9A05-C53551C6EB01.jpg (564x381, 37K)

Provisional votes don't get counted unless the vote is close.
Provisional balloting is a bone given to the Democrats to try to torpedo their claims that the GOP, in some districts, swap around where people are supposed to vote to drive down the amount of black votes by the GOP.
Common Dem trick is to take the provisional votes and dump them into the common collection stack, because most provisional votes are done by Democrat activists currently. This generates bonus Democrat votes that cannot be removed from the general count because one they mix in, it is illegal to remove them.

there's a great video of this guy interviewing white college kids from NYU or columbia and they are all blabbing on about how blacks r 2 dum 2 git ID. The dude goes to the hood in east Harlem and interviews black people and show them the videos and they are all so fucking offended, all have IDs and are seriously astonished at how ignorant college kids are.

>Legal residents should be able to vote in the region's elections.
Ok
>Hell, even illegal aliens should be allowed to vote in the local elections.
PFFFT

Fuck no.
>If they are living in the area and spending money in the community
Most abuse any welfare system that is open to them.
>they are paying taxes into the community
Most pay little to no taxes on a state and federal level, some do but those tend to be the exception to the rule.
>They just shouldn't be voting on national elections, but some do, since it is an honor only system.
No, they shouldn't be allowed to vote in any election. If they have emigrated to the US illegally then they should be removed from the country
>b-b-but muh individual representation
If these people want to choose their representatives then they can do so in their own fucking country

I have a place down in PR and they can vote in non-federal shit. They don't have federal income tax because of that which is great, but in local. They also have a senate rep that can't actually vote but will give input and awareness to issues.
>tfw PR senator who can't vote requires more identification for the voters that vote for his non-vote than New York
>tfw noface

You're fucking retarded.

It's not for blacks, it's for illegals that the Dems don't want voter ID's in place.

anything colored was turned to black, also screw alaska/hawaii

Attached: asdfasd.png (1050x670, 241K)

If brown people majorly voted for Republicans you would see the Dems pushing for concentration camps and ovens.

alot of no-id-required blue states in new england and western us,
vast majority of id-request-or-required are red states

I registered to vote in California last election, all I needed was a bill sent to my name at the address I used. So I signed up online for some prepaid telephone, and got a bill sent to me in my name at the address I gave them.
Everything was completely made up, but I was registered to vote with a telephone bill for an address in San Fransisco, I could have sent in an absentee ballet.
>For you glow in the dark niggers, this is satire.

If that flag was Russian they would care.