/etm/ - *SpaceX live announcement* Edition 2

SpaceX has signed the world’s first private passenger to fly around the Moon aboard our BFR launch vehicle - an important step toward enabling access for everyday people who dream of traveling to space.

Only 24 humans have been to the Moon in history. No one has visited since the last Apollo mission in 1972. Find out who’s flying and why...

youtube.com/watch?v=zu7WJD8vpAQ
_____

Welcome to the Earth To Mars General.
This thread is dedicated to the discussion of creating a European Colony on Mars, not by direct funding, but through the commercial emigration scheme that will eventually come into play. As always, the general continues to be a place on Jow Forums to talk about space related topics.

I normally post the general every saturday evening around 10pm GMT. Tonights is to cover the announcement on the "First Private Passenger on Lunar BFR Mission.".

Attached: sx3.png (1428x805, 1.61M)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/yousuck2020/status/1041877430942674944
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

First for musk is autistic

Attached: 00.jpg (1425x797, 173K)

Wasn't the original stickied? What bamboozlement has been wrought upon us by the faggot mods?

WE NEED TO MEME KANYE ON THIS TRIP

the moon is bi-sexual

1st for claiming the translator as my waifu. Everyone else can fuck off.

probably going to be some inbred goat fucker from Dubai

The japshit can't even grown a mustache

Attached: 1537234314010.jpg (1843x900, 90K)

Texas boyz!! I live in West Texas. Let's go

>CREATE YOUR ARTIST LINEUP:
-Illustrator: SHADMAN
-Musician: YOKO ONO (she is to be left in lunar orbit). IF YOKO CANNOT BE JETTISONED, TAYLOR SWIFT
-Cinematographer: JAMES CAMERON, FOLLOWED BY BACK-UP ALTERNATES JON NOLAN, GUILLERMO DEL TORO, AND PETER JACKSON
-ANIMATOR: HAYAO MIYAZAKI

I need suggestions for a photographer, writer, sculptor and painter.

Based Nip.

Only a nip would be crazy enough to do this.

wtf do the new janitors/mods not know what the purpose of a sticky is?

you can't just sticky something and then take it down 20 minutes later, it has too much momentum in the first hour

blurp

thanks for posting in the sticky guys. if you're interested in space related topics on Jow Forums then join in on the general every saturday.

Attached: Marsc16.jpg (2000x1118, 664K)

Reminds me of these old airship pictures.
They'll be looking back to these rocket pics 100 years from now in history books talking about the start of humanity's space colonization.

It was, but apparently space exploration isn't worthy of a sticky.
This board is beyond redemption.

Attached: airships10.jpg (678x504, 176K)

Writer: Ted Kaczynski
As punishment for his crimes against Industrial Society, he should be forced to partake in its latest developments. ZOG commands it!

>No one has visited since the last Apollo mission in 1972.

No "we went there but lost the footage".

Stop funding bottle rocket ancient tech.

Attached: aGQpFgV.gif (345x351, 3.3M)

asanagi
kanye west
taylor swift

JOHN MADDEN

DATS ONE BIG RIM IN YA PIC, OP, WHAT KINDA WHIP DO IT GO ON AND WHERE ARE DA OTHA 3 AT, YO?

>ITS 2018

5 Billion is actually really low. Thunderhorse cost about 5 bil.

Attached: 1200px-Thunder_Horse_Semisub.jpg (1200x899, 250K)

>moonbase alpha

Attached: AEIO OH SHIT.png (790x673, 300K)

JOHN MADDEN

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

>YEAH MAN THE MOON
>IT'S 2018
>WHY DONT WE HAVE A MOONBASE

He is so fucking autistic and I love it.

Attached: 1505776800693.gif (480x477, 990K)

Elon is relaxed now haha started spilling spaghetti now his confidence is showing.

i keked
WE NEED A BASE, LIKE, WHY DONT WE HAVE A BASE

Please make it stop!

>Played Moonbase Alpha
>aeiou
>Wants to build a base on the moon after shitposting in that game.
Bless this man.

Attached: Soviet moon mission.webm (704x512, 2.7M)

CURRENT YEAR

JOHN MADDENJOHN MADDENJOHN MADDENJOHN MADDENJOHN MADDENJOHN MADDENJOHN MADDENJOHN MADDENJOHN MADDENJOHN MADDENJOHN MADDENJOHN MADDENJOHN MADDEN

>No air on the moon
ELON IS A GENIUS

Sure!

BOUNCY CASTLE PARTY ON MOON CONFIRMED

>nods in Japanese

Did it die?

aeiou aeiou aeiou

>first flight filled with the most influential people on this planet
>musk sends them to the sun instead

Elon is so fucking autistic.
His only use is just funding this shit. I don't know why normalfags love him so much.

JOHN MADDEN

Attached: 1502230246697.png (318x875, 271K)

He wants to compensate for missing out on prime moonbase alpha

>Boeing going hardcore

CAPALISTIC ETHOS ENGAGED

Attached: Untitled33.jpg (746x436, 132K)

fucking boeing

Attached: Space Capitalism.png (1920x1080, 1.36M)

Elon is insanley charismatic for a spaghetti wrangler

So they are developing this big rocket, the astronauts vehicle, but they have no purpose for this machine, apart from going to Mars. But who will pay for the mission to Mars?

>painter.

Ben Garrison.

>But who will pay for the mission to Mars?
Same Japanese dude

>A Raper will go to the moon first than you

Attached: 161101_ntl_weezy_social_16x9_992.jpg (992x558, 61K)

Attached: 1518048361241.jpg (289x292, 23K)

SPACEX IS A FUCKING GOD DAMN SCAM. THIS GUY OBVIOUSLY MADE HIS MONEY OFF OF BUYING AND SELLING ART. HES A FUCKING SCAM ARTIST. THIS WHOLE THING IS A BIG STUNT TO MAKE HIM EVEN MORE MONEY. BY BUYING ALL THE SPACEX SEATS, HE CAN BUY ALL THE ART OF THE ARTISTS HE WANTS TO INVITE, THEN WHEN THE PRICES OF THEIR ART SKYROCKET BECAUSE THEY ARE THE FIRST ARTISTS ON THE MOON HE WILL SELL THEIR ARTWORK AND MAKE A FORTUNE

THIS GUY MUST BE ASSASSINATED, THE FIRST TRIP TO THE MOON CANNOT BE DONE OUT OF SUCH SELFISH MOTIVATIONS. FUCK THIS GAY EARTH AND FUCK THE MOON.

...and it's beautiful

FIRST REAL TRIP*

Sculptor - that based cake maker

scizo posting belongs on x

Attached: 1519062829280.png (1200x1200, 38K)

One Bank to rule them all,
One Bank to fine them,
One Bank to tank them all,
And in the interest bind them,
In the land of America where the shadows lie

All these fucking reporter jews are obsessed with the cost. Typical.

From a guess, the revenue stored up, over a prolonged time, from Elon's varies businesses such as his car company Tesla, which will fund the mission to Mars through private, voluntary methods.

Attached: 1536100777857.jpg (449x642, 36K)

Attached: 1537176954686.png (1920x1080, 2M)

space crusades

It's a "build it and they will come" scenario. Congress has some minor interest in launching a Mars mission, so if there's an existing workhorse rocket that's really cheap that can make the trip Congress is more likely to pick it than pay for the development of a new vehicle.
As more missions happen, there will be business traffic from private interests to more and more distant destinations.

boeing spies

As a space company they just make the platform

Demand, tourism, and private company ideas will flow once they get launch capability. Government and military will get interested as well too

Attached: breathing heavily.jpg (1280x720, 376K)

I want someone to ask it if will be livestreamed.

It's surprising how little money developing this stuff actually costs.
It would be more than doable for any multi-billionaire with couple of friends.
But because there's no direct profit in it, people don't give a shit. It's a pity when you think about it.
We could advance as a species at an insane rate if the put towards that.

Because he's the only damn autist out there actually funding this stuff and actively making these concepts reality.
Just because of that he's basically a modern Jesus regarding humanity's advancement.
I'll take this guy over Warren Buffet or Bezos any day.

a lot of great things are done for selfish motivations

this

I know, I like him too.

LMAO ELON ISN'T GETTING INTO THAT DEATH ROCKET

>all that stuttering and spaghetti answers

what tipped you off?

>Hip hop music

>maybe we'll both be on it

elons thinking

>naaa man im not ready to die yet

Musk can't die in a freak accident. We'll be stuck on this nasty dirtball forever.

The live feed is over, what do you guys think of it?

Of course not. He's afraid his successor won't have the same humanitarian/futurist vision he does and will slow progress for humanity as a whole.

yep, fraction of the cost of most gov space programs and random military programs that don't do shit

The benefit of this working, for the cost of mere billions, is basically access to infinite space resources. Instead shitheads like bill gates work their hardest to make sure africa triples instead of doubles in population.

If Musk can prove that his rocket can make the mission to mars and back, he might get contracts with people interested on research.

NASA also said that they want to try and make a moon station, if they can work out the kinks of allowing people to work in space over years without dying of super cancer or becoming cripples from the lack of gravity, then asteroid mining and space-side manufacturing might become the next big industry.

Tesla hasn't ever made any profit. Elon's riches come purely from memes.

>japan becomes the last remaining ethno-state
>all other countries have fallen into complete despair and economic collapse
>japan declares victory as largest empire (technically) because every nation has forfeited borders and sovereignty

this Jap's a fucking glow in the dark Japanese agent

Haha he's so easy to pressure into doing stuff. It's like the weed on the Joe Rogan show all over.

WTF i love live now

Attached: 1530084116907.png (764x645, 33K)

That's it for now - but hell, it's amazing knowing this is the genuine start for getting out there into space and to start making our dreams, real life, and that this isn't any shitty CGI hollywood movie bullcrap, but instead, we are at the start of genuine colony building on mars and to the infinite other planets out there in space - glad to be experiencing this with you fellow neats at the same time (and as I'm in the UK) good night!

He knows the odds.
First launch of a new experimental vehicle. It's most likely a coinflip whether it just straight up explodes before it leaves the launch pad and then there's the flight and landing after that.

It's great seeing him receiving funding from these rich guys. If this succeeds it's going to cause many more of the super rich to funnel money into his pocket.
I wasn't expecting this thing to be ready to launch quite so soon though. I doubt that they'll hit that 2023 schedule, unless this rocket is extremely similar to their existing designs.

twitter.com/yousuck2020/status/1041877430942674944

DAILY REMINDER THAT THIS GUY'S TWITTER HANDLE IS
>YOUSUCK2020

Attached: large[1].jpg (1364x2048, 180K)

>"being pressured" into flying into outer space
you're just a jealous boong

Grimes, and Kanye for wins with Bono, Todd Howard, and 6ix9ine getting tossed out the airlock

Writer: Alex Jones
Painter: Can we count Stan Lee and Miyazaki?

Attached: 1534129095826.jpg (720x545, 38K)

you guys mind if i plug the general before it dies ?

>/etm/ -Earth To Mars

The first Mars Colony is predicted to be established as early as 7 years from now. Very quickly the colony is going to expand, and Elon Musk has made it clear that commercial emigration will come in to play only a few years later. This means the first large influx of settlers over the next 50 years are going to be families who sell their properties on Earth for the ticket. Only people who can afford to move there will be able to.
lets face it - a strong european presence on mars is the only way to truly secure our future.

This general is dedicated to the discussion of creating a European Colony on Mars, not by direct funding, but through the commercial emigration scheme that will eventually come into play.

The short term goal of this general is to simply re-inspire each other on the subject of space exploration & colonisation. We hope to promote a new positive attitude towards life on Mars amongst those who value the future of the European peoples.

On top of talking about the real possibility of normal people like us going to Mars, /etm/ is also a place on Jow Forums where anons can talk about all space related topics.

I post the general every Saturday 10pm UK time.
thanks for posting

Attached: Marsc18.png (1400x975, 2.16M)

I hate Japanese even more

neither has Amazon
if you're growing there's no problem with that

John Madden

>Saturday 10pm UK time.

whenever the heck that is

Rich Europeans => Satanic Rituals, coloborating with jews and pedo orgies

Rich Japanese => Space Fairing Projects

True reason why Jews Fear Samurai

I still say expendable launch vehicles are the only proven way to space.

Attached: ula roadmap to the stars.jpg (1200x1542, 368K)