Why is this drug still so polarizing...

why is this drug still so polarizing? how do we not know by this point at least roughly where it falls between "harmless natural substance" and "life threatening plant of death"? my impression was always that it's mostly
harmless on occasion but can fuck you up permanently if you smoke on a daily basis. but seeing how strong an opinion some people have about it on here I'm not sure what to think. every info I find on it on the internet seems very biased (either for or against) and sometimes contradictory

Attached: image.jpg (1300x1300, 149K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3931635/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

No psychoactive drug is harmless , that's an unreasonable standard. You could compare it to alcohol but then alcohol is more harmful than most illegal drugs so that does not mean much either. Its not strongly habit forming and it has low toxicity making ODs a non-issue.

>how do we not know by this point at least roughly where it falls between "harmless natural substance" and "life threatening plant of death"?

We do, it's pretty harmless compared to legal things like alcohol and cigarettes.

You just fell for the Puritan baby boomer Reefer Madness bullshit, and the Jow Forums sperglord 'muh degeneracy' retards.

I smoked weed all day erryday for most of my high school years. I still have an IQ of 141, and i am making $90k a year working 4 days a week. There is no amount of pot smoking that will “permanently fuck your brain”. Yeah it probably isnt good for dopamine/seratonin balance but that shit will fix itself over extended periods of not smoking. I have noticed that my short term memory is not the greatest, but that may or may not be a result of pot, as i also have ADHD. Legitimately diagnosed.

>tl;dr: its pretty much harmless in any quantity

pot fucks up your memory. ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3931635/
>evidence regarding the acute impairments in memory function induced by cannabis is generally robust, particularly for those using cannabis with a lower proportion of CBD and higher proportion of Δ9-THC. In other words, the effects are likely to depend on the type of cannabis used (ie, the greater the dose of Δ9-THC, the greater the memory impairment).9 However, whether those with a history of frequent cannabis use may develop tolerance to the acute impairments caused by Δ9-THC is not entirely clear. Although some studies have reported recovery from cannabis-induced cognitive impairments in long-term users,73,74 deficits in verbal and working memory, as well as alterations in brain function and structure associated with cannabis use, are likely to persist beyond the acute intoxication state, particularly when heavy cannabis use is started at an early age.

Get the fuck off Jow Forums Sessions

There is some value in 'guarding the perimeter.' Instead of arguing for the pros and cons of each drug its easier to just say weed is a drug and drugs are bad. Is weed actually terrible? Not really but the slippery slope IS real. People who were making money advocating for hemp aren't going to let a little thing like success get in the way of their business. In the next 5 years we are going to start seeing a push for magic mushrooms followed by LSD and then cocaine. Is that worth dudeweedLMFAO?

i smoked pot for 5 years dungtard, and even though I know anecdotally, I don't have to tell you shit. read the study, pot isn't harmless. it's great for treating life threatening illness (esp compared to the alternatives), but if you use long term you will suffer the side effects.

I smoke daily before bed to help me sleep, its had no noticable negative effects on me. I have friends that are ridiculous with the stuff though, going through an ounce plus a week and they're going nowhere in life, lazy, out of shape and broke

i hate people who try say weed is harmless. it effects people differently. seen guys ruin their lives using it, seen others have who it has had no effect on them. its got its medicinal benefits. but lets be clear 99 percent of people use it to get wasted, not because they have health issues

>start seeing a push for magic mushrooms followed by LSD

when they start selling LSD at Walgreens that will be awesome.

I have friends like that too. I smoke a handful of times a month when I'm relaxing at home and I don't feel like I'm mentally impaired or losing any control over my life, but it's hard not to notice that everyone I know who smokes weed is kind of a loser

It's a culture war thing, and as the Silent generation fades away so too will the resistance to legalization. That's why it's already getting footholds to legalization.

Alcohol destroys your liver, cigarettes destroy your lungs...yet those are "choices" and weed is apparently utter evil worthy of endless government expenditures on enforcement and prosecution. It seems pretty clear that the resistance to weed is not based on the actual properties of the substance and is based entirely on a perception of it as belonging to an enemy culture. Except of course that the "enemy culture" consists of, according to the polling I've seen, roughly half the native-born boomers and even higher percentages of millennials and zoomers.

You don't have to convince me that abusing it is bad and that it'd probably be better for your overall health to not smoke it, I believe you, but that doesn't seem to be a logical justification for banning the substance when we allow so many other self-harming choices.

>a push for magic mushrooms followed by LSD

There wouldn't be any problem with that. These substances are probably infinitely preferable for clearing up depression and other brain problems than pretty much all the chemistry we currently use, nevermind that since they aren't habit-forming they make great recreational drugs anyway.

I personally would prefer that psychedelics be used very sparingly and with reverence since there's something truly mystical about the experience, but if this is where the slippery slope leads, let's slide.

(((they))) know it has the ability to wake people up

The risk is the same as alcohol except there's less chance of dependency and users are more annoying.

>In the next 5 years we are going to start seeing a push for magic mushrooms followed by LSD and then cocaine. Is that worth dudeweedLMFAO?

Nigger, take my flag off LMFAO.

>cigarettes destroy your lungs
Anything burned and inhaled destroys your lungs. This includes marijuana. In fact, marijuana smoke and cigarette smoke are very similar, and depending on what, exactly, you're smoking.. marijuana could actually be worse. We don't like the _actual_ facts about marijuana, though.

>In fact, marijuana smoke and cigarette smoke are very similar,
In some respects yes, in others not so. Cigarettes are infinitely worse because of all the shit that the (((producers))) put in it. Talking natural grown tobacco and maybe we could agree.

>and depending on what, exactly, you're smoking.. marijuana could actually be worse.
What did he mean by this?

It's okay in moderation, horrible when smoked every day. I smoked for years and lived with people who also smoked hard. Doing it all the time turns you into a slobbering, drooling idiot who can barely construct a coherent thought. It makes you lazy, complacent and it severely restricts your ability to self improve and seek out new experiences.
That's why it's the nigger drug of choice, why most of them start smoking it from a young age and never stop. It fits their lifestyles to a T because they're useless sacks of shit.
My life improved a thousand fold after I quit -- literally every aspect of it improved after the first week or so of minor withdrawals.

Attached: typical pothead.jpg (650x365, 24K)

hitler killed six trillion fake jew kikes in germany
and he did it using MARIJUANA in large rooms
called GAS CHAMBERS. kikes that died from
hilters Dank Weed were made into lamp shades
that can be bought on ebay.

if you're smoking weed right now, you're going
to die, might as well dig a hole outside before
you spark up. ;-)

Attached: UccKF.jpg (897x1200, 370K)

moderation is key. but if your family has a history of schizophrenia then stay away from it.

I think it should be legal. That said I hate everything about it. It fucking REEKS and makes anywhere smell like absolute shit. And the culture surrounding it fucking sucks. I've known so many stoners who swear "I'm not addicted! I could stop any time I wanted to!" and yet they always want to smoke at any opportunity.

>I'd like Mushrooms and LSD
Yeah, personally I don't that they are harmful either, but that's kinda my point. Guarding the perimeter is useful on things like this where harm/value is subjective. I have more than a few friends who would say there is nothing wrong with coke or opium, while I would say thats a terrible idea. It's not like everyone agrees with your arbitrary line at psychedelics so it's easier to just cut off the whole discussion instead of explore the subtleties of the topic via a national discussion.

u actually believe most of the worlds dope is grown safely. god knows what chemicals are still left in the plant by blackmarket drug dealers who sure as fuck dont care about flushing the growing chemicals from their buds before harvesting

how often is too often?

Attached: image.png (411x387, 6K)

only degenerates smoke weed but the government has no right to lock people up for years for doing so and in fact only does so in order to profit off of the prison industrial complex and in order to keep blacks agitated for political purposes

It's a plant.

True, forgot about the soft eugenics aspect of all this. We need to keep weed illegal in order to prevent the black population from increasing. As much I as wouldn't mind a toke every once and a while I'd much rather keep the black population in this country below 15%.

I mean, I hate the fact that I have smoke it every night now, but with the condition I've got - not sure if it's a mild for of tourette's syndrome or something else, we'll find out in about a month - it actually does offer some good relief. For a short time I was using cbd oil and it worked like a charm, all the ADHD medications I had taken throughout the years hadn't even come close to giving me this level of relief, but since I'm a useless NEET I quickly wasn't able to afford the oil. I literally turned into the stereotypical jobless stoner But yeah weed helps me out a lot and when I get a job again I'll be able to afford the oil and I can kick the habit