Any former or current Lutherans on here?

Any former or current Lutherans on here?
I live in the heavily German/Norwegian part of the Midwest. Almost everyone partially hangs on to Lutheranism or has already abandoned it; the few that are still in it are old people (LCMS) or degenerate fags/signalling old people (ELCA). Whats it like where you live?

Attached: Luther-Rose.jpg (307x308, 82K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ilc-online.org/2015/12/15/lcms-wels-and-els-leaders-report-significant-doctrinal-agreement/
youtu.be/0RG3Irl3Vtg
youtube.com/watch?v=BtD41cytL9Q
youtu.be/8u-VlqFCOrI
youtube.com/user/drdduke/videos
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I dated two Lutherans. Cute girls but a little off...

So when are you becoming Catholic or Orthodox?

I'm don't like abrahamic religions, not really an atheist but I think a sort of metaphysical whiteness should fill the gap left by christianity in europe and white nations around the world

LCMS Pastor here. There's a good presence of us in this particular area. Very conservative.

I went down to the northern USA on vacation this year, and there were a lot of Lutheran churches there. Not sure how full they are on Sunday morning, but there were sure a lot of them. I'm working on my sermon for Sunday right now, so AMA if you feel like it.

>LCMS pastor
>On Jow Forums

Fuck off leaf

Attached: download.jpg (188x268, 14K)

Former Lutheran here, now atheist. I also live in the Midwest. My area is mostly Germanic and Irish, however as time goes by that is steadily becoming less the case - fucking Mexicans.

You asked, Burger. I thought you were interested in the answers.

Is it common for clergymen to browse Jow Forums or are you an exception?

Honestly, more of them should. This is the only online home for free expression of genuine Biblical morality. The Christian threads are spot on, and the open discussion of hell and heresy, denominations and divinity as real issues is refreshing. I'm the only one I know of, and if there are others, I sure don't discuss it with them.

Where I live there's a bunch of hmongs, some mexicans, and the occasional nog. I really hate seeing them; I remember being little and never seeing anything but whites and that was over a decade ago. What part of the midwest you from, nothing to specific of course.

I want more proof time stamp with your small catechism

>Any former or current Lutherans on here?
Yes. LCMS congregant, here.

Mine is a smaller regional church. Mostly older people. As a 30 year old boomer, I'm one of the younger self-guided people here. Those even younger than me are mostly highschoolers getting ready to go to college. The people nearest my age are their mid-40s parents.

Numbers dwindle a little bit more every year. Older members die off, and younger families aren't re-entering in their mid-twenties like they used to after graduation/marriage/first child. I've done some gentle outreach, mainly to those whom I'm guessing would be most receptive, but it's always politely put aside.

I really hoped for a resurgence in attendance after the 2016 election, hoping that people would be rediscovering religious structure. It hasn't happened yet.

I don't think it will, I was also part of the LCMS and that sounds exactly like my church, once they got confirmed younger people and their families just dropped out.

Based Lutherans.
Don't forget these denominations.
All the others will overstate the possibility of ecumenicism on the part of WELS...
These denominations seem to oppose homosexuality.
That's how you can tell if any congregation is dead on the inside and The Holy Spirit has left them.
>ilc-online.org/2015/12/15/lcms-wels-and-els-leaders-report-significant-doctrinal-agreement/

ELCA is not even human anymore.
Apostates, one and all.

Attached: wels-els-lcms[1].jpg (250x301, 21K)

Former ELCA here
Didn't know how bad it was until our church fell for the female pastor meme.
Decided the only right thing to do
>pic related

Attached: 1529662670560.jpg (464x447, 12K)

Meaning, you can tell they are spiritually dead if they promote homosexuality, perform same-sex marriages, host any LGBT related event or functions or rent their spaces for such events, have women in leadership, or otherwise promote any LGBT related agenda other than conversion.

Attached: 1536729768998.jpg (600x600, 112K)

This good?

Attached: pol.jpg (2988x5312, 2.06M)

Huh, dunno what happened to the bottom half of the pic. Whatevs.

an example of LCMS order of worship.
Which is rich and beautiful.
youtu.be/0RG3Irl3Vtg

Attached: 200px-Blue_LCMS_Logo_2012[1].png (200x252, 14K)

I noticed there was a lot blacks in it, I found it funny that even in the church which is supposed to be "above race" or some shit like that, the nogs still bitch about systemic racism and have an over inflated view of there influence.
youtube.com/watch?v=BtD41cytL9Q

I don't know, but that is an older catechism, could you do one more?

The ELCA are a bunch of pussies who prove the failures of Sola Scriptura. There are a few black orthodox people in the church I've been visiting. Kind and good people, they even bake the communion bread.

A sample of communion service liturgical music.
Communion is a big deal to *ahem* most of us...
youtu.be/8u-VlqFCOrI

Attached: eucharist2[1].jpg (320x285, 21K)

Much newer catechism

Attached: WIN_20180921_20_41_53_Pro.jpg (1280x720, 153K)

Yeah they can be nice and all but deep down they still place race above faith whether or not they out right say it

>and if there are others, I sure don't discuss it with them
Ah yes that makes sense. I certainly don't mention this place to my coworkers, even though I think they would benefit from discovering it. It's one of those things that you must find on your own or through close friends.
I'm from a small agricultural community in Missouri. Yes it seems the diversity sort of hit us all at once. I went to a parochial middle school / Jr high, and I think there was only one non-white child in my class all through out. His mom moved out to California, got pregnant by a Puerto Rican, and moved back here after he bailed. When I got to high school there were a few more, mostly blacks, but probably 95/100 students were white. Since then we've had an influx of Hispanics. I have a much younger half brother who goes to the same parochial school that I did, and I remember being astounded a couple years back when I went to one of their pageants and saw the state of it all.

My apologies rev, how long have you used Jow Forums?

Since the Trump election. Found Jow Forums by way of frustration mainly. The media here is very VERY left leaning, and everyone gets all their knowledge from them. Realizing that discussion will be not only right leaning, but possibly even edifying if not moderated was a heck of a pill.

Brings back memories heh

Let's just be completely clear.

Lutherans are completely passive, not involved in politics at all, they are not participating in any resistance of the government, sedition, or any other actions objectionable to the state.

Attached: Dove-300x225[1].jpg (300x225, 6K)

There was a time when people wouldn't even need the hymnal, when this liturgy ran through their veins and grounded them with iron in their will. Now it's flossing and fortnite. Nice tradeoff.

Nothing of the kind. Lutherans understand that the kingdom of Christ is not of this world.

Yeah, whats worse is that alot of the whites where I live, which is somewhere relatively close to the Minnesota/Wisconsin border, all want to act like blacks.

Raised LCMS, the congregation was mostly Midwest farm families. Pretty friendly red-pilled people. Would recommend.

This is one of the main things that drove me away from the church. Everyone is so neglectful and lets non whites walk all over them. Then when you confront them about it they say "But they are people too" or "The life here doesn't matter". But what about the children of these people who will have to live in a multi-racial multi-ethnic society where they are hated because of they are white? Won't it matter for them?

You have to understand that the Gospel of Christ isn't the Koran. It's not a prescription on how to run a government. It's a book that tells you how to comport yourself, and how to interact with those who are close to you. What we messed up was the assumption that we could save the world, and not focus on the communities we actually have. Go back to the 1950s, and you would see people living and delighting in their communities, with their neighbors, and being ethical in those circumstances. Now, you get people who want to save the world by importing migrants, and hating everyone who is directly around them.

I used to be, but it really seems Christianity isn't that useful for moral enforcement anymore also It has a lot of cucked views that limit whites capacity for societal reformation.

So what's the plan? Paganism?

"Saving the world" is one of the areas I worry about as well with my church. We fund two missions outside the US/Canada. They were started before I transferred in. These two expenses have caused us to gradually fold our local missions, especially some of the major works we used to do. While I do know that the people we are helping genuinely need that help, I am afraid that it is dragging us under. I'm not sure how to even approach the subject without seeming like a calloused heel.

This is the big deception. It's actually the people who refuse to work in the community with their neighbors who are the calloused heels. But if you take your lead from the culture, it'll lie to you and tell you that you can save the world by throwing money down a well while doing absolutely nothing of value. But it's easier to rend your garments than your heart.

I agree that it isn't explicitly for running a government but its morals are, or rather where, so interwoven with the US and western society that it served the function of justifying the morality of laws. And now that it is dying its influence has been replaced by a broad "Individualism" that has degenerated society and forced christian congregations to bend its beliefs, in various degrees, to fit into its moral framework.

Ever try to drop and redpills during a sermon?

I remember my local catholic priest during mass rail against Obama for refusing to say the words "Muslim" and "terrorist" in the same sentence. I couldn't help but smile.

Our smaller services are all redpills. I have quoted from the huffington post, said the name of the author, and then asked if there was an echo. If I keep on introducing this, people will start to figure it out. The more you notice.

Not necessarily, I believe that whiteness itself needs to like the orthodox jews are. There culture, race, and religion are all one. I believe it would best for whites to incorporate this totality and let the reverence of our ancestors and our histories serve as methods for transmitting morals to the newer generations; but I also believe that we can't be tied down completely to the past and must do away with the morals of weakness instilled by christianity.

I have a sermon on Cassette of an old LCMS pastor preaching on homosexuality from the 90's. Explicitly naming the sickness.

Attached: Preacher-TV-Show-feature[1].jpg (1000x600, 193K)

I obviously disagree, and would say that the weakened state of the Christian church doesn't invalidate its former robustness, strength and civilizational confidence. But we would likely disagree on that.

Attached: Ready 2 Go 2.jpg (1920x2151, 1.29M)

Dropped (((ELCA))) Lutheranism when I got to college and never looked back. At least I had a somewhat decent church experience growing up, but the signs were always there where the ELCA was heading. Pastor bragging about how he supports abortion and shit, he's "not like those other Christians." Later they brainwashed my sister into SJW put her life in danger sending her overseas with their peace corp or whatever. I hate them. There are no ELCA beliefs. Go to the website. It's literally a social justice cult now

Attached: p6.png (540x780, 357K)

You're sort of right, I'm not completely against christian morality and I would agree at one time it could be described as hegemonic, but "it's former robustness" is nothing more than that a thing of the past. Can I ask you a question, do you see a significant amount of people attempting to reform the theology of LCMS whether from congregations or from other pastors/clergy?

No but I'm a Luthoran. I believe in Lex Luthor and everything he stands for.

Attached: Lexluthor-themovie.jpg (400x400, 45K)

I saw, a bunch of dyke pastors and dindus begging for gibs sad excuse for a church. Even in the church I went to many that were once part of the congregation, who i went to school with, quit holding their beliefs because of external influences in the media and education system.

LCMS stays pretty based, and it seems to be getting more so as time goes on, but that's a result of the culture moving as the church does not. But that tends to be good for congregants who have been given a big old pile of slop from the culture. They're looking for something else, and I'd rather they found it in the church.

Sorry you encountered such trash.

I live in the Midwest (WI), there's some big Lutheran churches here in town but I know nothing about it. The Lutheran social services have a pretty big presence as well

I don't really watch him a whole lot personally, but have you ever watched any thing by Dr. David Duke you seem like you have some similar views.

youtube.com/user/drdduke/videos

I'm aware of him, but haven't watched anything from him.

NALC or GTFO

>my way of worshiping a dead kike on a stick is superior to your way of worshiping a dead kike on a stick

Attached: 1470664834012.png (716x592, 47K)

Yeah im from WI too, you in the LCMS like almost everyone else in this thread?

What exactly separates Lutheranism from other denominations? Is it a branch of protestantism? And are the sermons dry and rehearsed like Catholic (which I was/am) or more spontaneous and passionate like Baptists?

Catholic but I'm thoroughly sick of the faggot pope and general Vatican degeneracy and pedo shielding and interested in other denominations

Literally never claimed that bud, i'm not a christian anymore already stated that.

Attached: 1537564312156.jpg (662x960, 50K)

I grew up ELCA but left when gay clergy became a thing. Changed to LCMS which is good but there are some catholic leftovers I don’t like. Specifically the shifted 10 commandments and baptism as a means of grace meaning they think you can be saved by baptism

Yeah can't blame you, whats your ancestry, you germanic?

LCMS Lutherans are Bible only. The scriptures are the only source and norm for what we believe. That means that when the culture gets Jewy, we seem to get more intense, given that we just don't move doctrinally from what the scriptures say. My preaching is largely spontaneous, though I know what I'm going to say before I go in. I have it all written, but I take my cue from the congregation - if I'm losing them, I need to elaborate more. No sense just reading it off a page and blowing it because it sounded good in your office.

Mostly Polish as far as I know

Hell is forever.

North American Lutheran Church has female pastors
pic related

Attached: Literalyoppositeofbased.jpg (227x300, 15K)

I go to a Lutheran church but only because I still live with my parents and I don't want them kicking me out over not wanting to do some bullshit for just an hour every week with them.
>tfw no more girls my age at my church
>tfw there's one but she got blacked when she went on a """"""mission trip"""""" to Africa and came back with a fiancee
Fuck that cunt. She was a total bitch to me like a typical Stacie every time I was near her. Hope she enjoys her monkey aids the fucking dumb bitch. But there's no one left my age or older that's female. It's all 50+ year old boomers and maybe a few children here and there.

So it sounds like how Catholicism used to be before the councils. Does the mass have a lot of congregation involvement? Don't get me wrong but I've been to some old school Baptist churches in the countryside and have seen some strange stuff, from spontaneous singing and dancing to people writhing and speaking in tongues (only one time though)

I mainly german, but probably have some polish. My ancestors came from posen so their was probably some intermixing that occurred. Have you ever considered leaving the catholic church? Not trying to proselytize i'm you just curious.

1 Timothy 2:12 begs to differ with this direction.

>some retards ignoring the bible because they don't like it is proof of how bad sola scriptura is
>which is about following the bible and using it and following it to a t
Get a load of this cathcuck.

I most likely will soon but I was wondering where to go next. There's some non-denominational churches here but they are pozzed as shit, they have faggot flags and anti-Trump signs on their doors and lawns

I recently converted to Lutheranism from Catholicism after researching all denoms. I’m 32.

Lutheran is the most based because it’s theologically the most acurate yet keeps the traditions of the early fathers. Lutherans also seen to have the strongest grip on theology and are overall more high IQ than other denoms

You get:

> justification by faith (works don’t get you saved)
> traditional liturgy
> real presence in the communion
> saints as heroes (not pagan dieties)
> baptism as a sacrament, even to infants as a sign of God’s grace
> an accurate view of purgatory (1 cor 3:15... not the prayers/cash4heaven version)
> Martin Luther (based teacher and shepherd)
> weekly communion and group confession

Just make sure you join an NALC or other Lutheran Orthodox church. The ECLA is a disgrace.

I want to move to South Dakota

>Not actually reading my post about becoming ordodox
the reformation was correct but not enough.

I don't disagree that women in clergy positions is forbid by the bible, nor do i think women should be allowed to hold other authoritative positions in society i was just point that out to someone else

We are a liturgical church, which means that the congregation is involved in the responses, the hymns, and the prayers, but not in yelling out spontaneous things.

And I was agreeing with you. Be angry but do not sin, but that doesn't mean not to be angry. And ignoring the scriptures gets me angry.

Based. Welcome home.

>speaking in tongues and sperging out randomly
Lmfao that has never ever happened at any of the Lutheran churches I've gone too.

Sounds nice, I like being involved but not to that degree. Thanks for the answers, reverend.

Did you read my post? They were Baptists

You're all right Orthodoxbro.

It sounded like you were asking if any of those things happen in Lutheran churches, to whit I answered negatory.

If you read my other posts you probably know my position on it all, but i would definitely avoid non denominational churches tend to be full of fags. For sure avoid the synagogues, I can't stand those fart sniffers that convert to Judaism

Happy to help. God bless you now and always.

My bad. Ever been to a Methodist church btw?

No synagogues here but we've had a mosque since last year

Oh yeah rev just remembered, have you ever read on the jews and their lies?

Attached: oygevalt.jpg (225x225, 26K)

And that's how it starts. I bet a lot of folks who have never heard of the battle of Tours, the battle of Manzikert, and the sieges of Constantinople and Vienna were real happy to see that.

>Faith without works is dead.
>(James 2:14-26)

Gross, there's been one in a neighboring town for awhile, really made me depressed when i was younger.

Went to a Methodist Church for a while. The went left leaning and weak. Gays in leadership positions, women preaching, soft rock concert for an hour before sermon, all about the money. I have been without a church for about two years. I went to a Lutheran school when I was younger and will be attending service Saturday at that same church that I went to school at. It's a LCMS btw

I 100% have read that most excellent work. Luther is mega-based on the topic, calling out the Jews for being deniers of Christ, and thereby deniers of God himself. You can tell a Lutheran church by how much they want to distance themselves from that particular viewpoint of Luther. If you like to distance yourself from that book, it's only because it's culturally safe to do so. Quitters.

It should make you angry right now.

Rose and cross pagan/mystery Babylon symbolism should tell you everything you need to know. (Look into Christian Rosencreuz and Rosy Cross Fraternity)

Luther was a Crypto-Jew, one of many who has infiltrated and undermined Christianity.

By their fruits shall you know them.

If he was a crypto-Jew, it was a really REALLY good disguise. I don't buy it, especially given that you can completely discard the symbols and keep the faith intact. It doesn't help nor hurt.

>hasn't fully taken the Christ pill
>posting about Lutheranism
absolutely disgusting

Attached: 1494734015902.gif (649x392, 3.33M)