Dan Carlin Politics

Is anyone else here a regular listener of the Hardcore History podcast? I've listened to many of them multiple times (Fall of Roman Republic, WW1, WW2 Eastern Front, Persian Empire, Mongols, etc.), and the more familiar with his work I get the more I start to notice a pretty clear anti-West bent to Dan Carlin's narratives.

He's very quick to point out the superiority of other civilizations to the West, particularly in medieval times, and he will also completely undermine the successes of the West in dominating Earth for the last half a millenia by claiming that extenuating circumstances were the cause of the East's weakining. For example, he will regularly tout the superioirity of the Chinese and Islamic worlds over Dark Ages Europe, while completely forgetting that the collapse of the civilizational apex that was Rome directly led to Europe's lowered state. In this same breath he will claim that the dominance of the West for the last 500 or so years is a direct result of the Mongols destroying China and the Middle East (clear parallel to Rome).

He will openly denounce Alexander's conquests of the Middle East and downplay all the side benefits, while trying to present a balanced picture of times when the Mongols or Japanese did the same thing. He definitely doesn't shirk mentioning when someone like the Mongols committed atrocities, but it's not given the same weight.

Whenever he mentions an atrocity committed by a non-Western nation he's extremely quick to point out some way in which the West did something equally terrible or more terrible at some point in its history.

I could go on and on. Is he doing this because he doesn't want to appear "racist" or "biased," or is he doing it because he genuinely believes the East was superior and Western accomplishments are all marked with qualifying circumstances ("the West is only strong because the East was at war," and so on)? Or is he just a leftist cuck committing all the typical anti-West leftist tropes?

Attached: DC_HH_iTunes[1].jpg (1400x1400, 759K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/ceItMiYZe9Y
youtu.be/VgNq12jnj1s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I start with good intentions and download a series. Get about 30 mins into episode one and click over. I can’t do it.

He's a fag with a gay voice who Reddit loves because they're shit eating retards

I honestly loved the podcast on WW1... pre /pol

Please don’t tell me it’s more anti-West BS

If we just go by entertainment value, he's unparalleled. And *generally* pretty good at keep his left wingslant to a minimum. But when he slips up, MAN does he slip hard. The Magellan episode was absolutely painful at points with its self-flagellation over colonialism, and that one's already over 8 1/2 years old. And then of course there's his appearance on Joe Rogan, saying he's ready for the brown, mixed race future of peace love and happiness. If that had been my first time hearing, I would have written him off as NPC in an instant with that parroted retard rhetoric. It's truly amazing someone like him doesn't have the foresight to understand why it won't fix anything, regardless of one's commitment to saving the white race or lack thereof.

ya i used to like him but recently he's been sounding like a Muslim apologist and he refuses to address the real issues he just bitches about the public square and public discourse and shit instead of talking about solutions... he doesnt because he knows the answer is to remove kebab

he greatly minimizes everyone elses responsibility and makes it seem like the west is the cause of all the worlds problems

He has some good content, series about ww1 was good. He needs to shut the fuck up about politics though, that’s when I quit listening.
Sage bc I’m not going to promote his fag politics or annoying voice. Also gas the kikes

I watched an interview with him somewhere a while back. Maybe Rubin’s show. He kinda seemed like a cuck.

Dan quit his current events politics because he had been crowing for an outsider who would be incorruptible to take down the graft in DC, only to have his dreams come true, but doesn't want to get killed by Eugene commies.

Attached: dancarlin.jpg (800x800, 135K)

His whole anti-euro stance made it very hartd for me to listen to his latest celtic holacaust episode. His moralizing is grating. Four solid hours of muh genicide, noble savage, primitive vs advanced cultures thing .

What surprised me is that despite his in depth analysis of past events he's so oblivious about current political climate. Average poltard understands it better than him. I guess that's the way of the boomer.

I listened to Hardcore History for quite some time before seeing what Dan Carlin actually looked like. I still can't shake the image of Tobias from Arrested Development when he's talking... I really do love almost off of his content (listen to Prophets of Doom!) but he is, unfortunately, a huge cuck when it comes to political views and white guilt.

Attached: Season_1_Character_Promos_-_Tobias_Fünke_02.jpg (485x486, 59K)

Common sense is the politics one

He's probably trying to sound balanced
Europe's dominance is very obvious to anyone not an sjw

Truth is he never liked Trump. He got what he asked for, and he knows Trump is everything he asked for, but it's in a form he never wanted.

He's also a muh "Guns, Germs and Steel" cuck while hypocritically claims to believe in the Great Man theory of history.

I think you're a bit paranoid desu. He's a fan and admirer of Alexander. He made a series on Persian empire and cheered for Greeks when they clashed. In one of the earlier episodes he was speculating what was it about Europeans that made them discover New World and generally more discovery oriented, even though China (or Muslims) had naval technology to make those travels. Many other examples.

He's just obsessed with looking from all possible angles and trying to avoid his bias.

How strange, I am listening right now. Made me do a double take when I saw this thread

Thinking about buying some of the older episodes I liked

Anyone know what audio clip of Hitler he uses in his intro is?

This. I was a long term listener. I especially looked forward to his take on current events. As soon as things got uncomfortable for him, he quit. He is a true coward. The sad thing is that he is a trust fund baby, so he doesn't even need the money from his podcasts, he is truly afraid of being a social pariah in his faggy rich, west coast enclave. I can't even enjoy his history podcasts anymore after realizing what a spineless nothing he is.

Also I disagree OP. In King of Kings he repeatedly said Cyprus was the best conquerer UNTIL Alexander, but the story of Cyprus is interesting and he chose to talk about it because he was the last conquerer to live before the begging of modern record keeping/historians.

I used to like it until i realized he was a s o y b o y cuck

Tbh I think that was a blessing in disguise because his history show was alway much better than the political one. It's better use of his time to work on the history podcast.

Are you deaf?

He literally humanizes German soldiers and speaks highly of them, which unironically began my redpill journey after looking up things after that

Beginning* desu

I think you're wrong OP user. The guy is trying to make each story relatable and you have to realize that we all think we're superior no matter where we come from and can point to reasons for that in history. History has to be taken on the merits of the times. The Mongols were no shit, that fucking badass compared to everyone else during that period and if they had been able to harness that with better leadership, we'd all be mongols now.
That's just a fact. Carlin's just letting you know.

In spite of how proud we are of our position at this time, we're not the first to feel that way. He's not wrong for pointing that out. You'd have to be just stupid to not take that into account.

This haunts me too.

Cannot stand the sound if his voice.

i've listened to literally every hardcore history episode ever made (paying for the 50+ back catalog episodes) and the relevant recent common sense (his other podcast) from 2016-now

that's not at all what I got from them. If anything he drops the redpill that societies get soft as they become successful and the barbarians come get them EVERY THE TIME.

also medieval china and the islamic world WERE superior to dark ages europe you faggot, that's why we call it the dark ages and the muslims call it the golden age.

Attached: 1535594700399.jpg (480x455, 131K)

Carlin is good if its about brown people interacting with brown people, ok if its white people interacting with white people and c u c k tier if its white people interacting with brown people

Attached: 1537555783363.png (1000x652, 121K)

True. He's a hippie and that's his politics. But when he talks about history he's actually fascinated with different races and cultures, to the point where he compares different peoples to aliens

>that's why we call it the dark ages
Literally false.

I really don't think he's racecucking as much as OP is saying, the genghis khan episode for example he points out that Genghis was literally a redhead from some podunk savannah tribe in the middle of nowhere where a strain of central asian redheads may or may not have been dropped off from space by our alien overlords.

the mongols were barbarians and they #REKT MUCH more sophisticated civilizations – the Chinese as well as the Persians, indians, etc. The celts got holocausted by Julius caesar, if you insist on seeing a negative judgment there rather than just a statement of fact, it's you projecting your colonized mind onto it

as usual, is a fag

gooood post

>Is he doing this because he doesn't want to appear "racist" or "biased," or is he doing it because he genuinely believes the East was superior and Western accomplishments are all marked with qualifying circumstances ("the West is only strong because the East was at war," and so on)? Or is he just a leftist cuck committing all the typical anti-West leftist tropes?

Definitely the former. In his podcast about the Age of Exploration he talks about an inherent trait of European intrepidness. And he's not just mentioning Mongol atrocities, he is pointedly critical of academics who take a detached view of their atrocities.

But he also wants to have a popular and well regarded podcast. Honestly it wouldn't surprise me if he was a race realist, he is just smart enough to be subtle about it.

Check out the Jew Rogan podcast with him, Carlin is boomer tier and in the same episode Joe talks about everyone turning brown eventually and how beautiful that is going to be.

Attached: JIDF4.png (476x340, 83K)

He begins a lecture on any subject by talking about nazi germany, and how you can compare and contrast ie the mongols or alexander the great with the nazis.

He straight up admitted this in one of the few common sense episode he did post Trump

Fuck america.

Blueprint for Armageddon was good but I got tired of him comparing every good guy bad guy situation or underdog to basedwars.

Africans think they're superior, but we know that's not true, and never was.
We don't have to play the big-brained centrist bit; its just as dishonest as dogmatic superiority one way or the other.
If we look at the merits of the West, it exceeds those of the others. The mongols were on top a few times in history, but then they dropped out of the running.

Also, there's no excusing

not everyone wants to be ben shapiro. Dan lives in like, Seattle, his life would be over if he revealed his powerlevel

grow up

Thanks for this quick rundown user. I will avoid this guy's politically correct history shit now.

No one wants to be Ben Shapiro, first of all.
Also, Greg Johnsons lives in Seattle. All you have to do is not be a fucking cuck.
All I'm saying is that, if he has a powerlevel, he has spent the time studying history (and probably political theory) enough to effectively back up his viewpoint, no matter how controversial.

Also,
show that you're full of shit.

>No one wants to be Ben Shapiro, first of all.
Kek

Attached: 1537069652837.jpg (450x309, 15K)

Mike Duncan’s History of Rome podcast is good.

He’s not redpilled, but it’s still worth listening to.

Here you go
youtu.be/ceItMiYZe9Y

maybe it's this one
youtu.be/VgNq12jnj1s

>he has spent the time studying history (and probably political theory) enough to effectively back up his viewpoint

>lefties listen to reason

gonna prescribe you a strong dose of lurk moar there buddy

have a you for the shapiro kek

No, its really simple and kind of sweet.

Lefties have certain avenues of thought they aren't allowed to go down.

I can allow myself to accept their worldview and think the thoughts that they have, but they aren't allowed to see some fat nigger bitch smacking her gum and slowly typing because of her shitty expensive nails for what she is... an intruder and a drain on the system and the planet as a whole. As soon as they notice a pack of groids looting the neighborhood and trying to fuck their 14 yr old children they immediately start the white guilt mantra so they dont become murderously territorial

Attached: 1537409605858.jpg (184x184, 14K)

I used to listen to him when I was bluepilled. I thought Common Sense was insightful before Trump hit the scene and he said nothing of substance all election while I discovered Jow Forums, TRS, FTN, Molymeme, etc. Now I realize that whole show was a waste of time. I dunno what's so Common Sense about complaining for years about needing an outsider to shake up Washington and then when it happens not talking about it. I have no idea what he talks about on it now. Maybe he finally grew a big enough sack to tell people what his political views actually are on his politics show.

I tried to go back to listen to one of his history presentations recently to see how they held up. It was the one about the Celts. About 20 or 30 minutes in he starts quoting some (((historian))) that said the Celts weren't a people but a culture and anyone could be a Celt. Turned that shit off immediately and haven't thought about Dan Carlin since.

Attached: 1536526093835.png (490x586, 44K)

Does somebody have a collection of hardcore history? I'm not paying for them. Ww1 was fucking kino

they're on the pie rat bay, but i paid for them cause i want dan to keep making them

Bourgeois Cuck

go to bed toothpaste

This.

Attached: 911 aircraft 767 flew over vmo vd skygate 911.png (2497x768, 786K)

>Cyprus

THANK YOU

Fugg I am not alone