Why are Americans so Careless with Secrets?

Why do Americans allow so much EXPOSURE of their military?
Movies, TV, pop culture, etc... it's all there.
If there is anything I want to know about almost any aspect of the US military I can google it, wiki it, youtube it, read about it in some book, or pry into some obscure message board and find out soon enough.

It seems the second any US commando gets out he goes and writes some lavish book detailing everything from their missions, equipment, to training, and people involved in their operations.

How fucking dumb can you be?

In my country it is extremely difficult to find out anything related to our special forces. And that's the way it should be.

If I want to know about your intelligence community I can go pick up a novel like Red Sparrow, written by an actual CIA guy and find stuff out. If not, then I can go read a voluminously referenced work by Noam Chomsky on what your CIA gets up to in Latin America.

If I want to know what the FBI gets up to, well, there are plenty of books on that too written by actual FBI guys.

Why do you people place personal enrichment above national security???

Attached: Bro SEAL.png (600x920, 1.1M)

>Why do you people place personal enrichment above national security???
I think it's a cultural thing, something to do with with their obsession over individualism.

(((CIA))) and Israeli Foreign Legion Black Ops is usually pretty well hidden. Also, a lot of shit you see is straight up propaganda

>flag waving propaganda shit, or slightly less filled with propaganda historic recreations
>exposing secrets
pick one you stupid fucking kangaroo fucker

>I unironically worship the military and am a boot licking faggot
>I never want anyone to hold the military accountable for its actions

Glad I'm not in a shit country where I could get locked in a cage for speaking my mind
You scared to shit talk baby killers user?

>I know everything about the us military
>from movies
Lmao. you’d have to be pretty fucking retarded to believe this. Anytime a movie has the military in it, the real military is involved in the filming and writing of it.

You know how it is. Its like that one kid from high school who was always bragging about how much sex he had, and then you discovered he was a virgin making shit up to compensate.

I gave an example of US commandos leaking operational information like a Polish toilet.

Why is that tolerated?
Did you know that in the SAS you get shunned and become a persona non grata if you so much as a write a book about your experiences?
Just maybe there is a good reason for that.

If I were a hostile I'd be reading that shit, taking notes, and it wouldn't be long before I'd have a decent picture of vulnerabilities.

All because these dumbfucks willingly PUT IT OUT THERE.

Your reading comprehension sucks.
No surprise burger.
I specifically mentioned books, even by name.
Dumbfuck.

>In my country it is extremely difficult to find out anything related to our special forces.
because you do literally fuckol

And how do you know which parts of that book are true?

Unironically it's because most Americans detest the military. They have not done anything good for the country or the world since WWII. Military members are jarhead idiots who sign up because they want to kill people in a socially acceptable way. They are not serving their country, they are tools to be used to maintain the global US empire and it's disgusting.

> implying Americans hold their military accountable.
lol as if.
Nah, I'm just genuinely curious why Americans are so fucking dumb with such poor situational awareness.
In my country such information is next to impossible to obtain, and in the rare instance you do encounter it, it's very vague.

There is an overt fascination with special forces - within the US military and without, when the reality of the matter is we should be aiming for the training of regular infantrymen to be half or somewhat near equivalent when it comes to kinetic application of force, to include better gear specialized for infantry utilization. The fact the military is putting SF units on such a pedestal means more and more often than not they'll be put in positions that are better completed by a much larger conventional infantry force.
At the very least we can get non-mechanized infantry to near Ranger Regiment profieciency, perhaps not in PT, but a broad general understanding of Ranger TTP's applied en masse to light and airborne units w/o making the average grunt want to positively kill himself any more than current. More efficient training is a great start.

Maybe their millitary isnt that good, so they make movies to make you believe that they have an undefeatable millitary armada idk.

Bullshit,
Our SASR and Commandos are capable of doing shit that your best guys can't handle.
Like that time in 2003 our SASR took an entire Iraqi airbase with just 60 men.

If you could do that it's only proof that your special forces are shit. Tabula rasa is bullshit, user.

>Unironically it's because most Americans detest the military
what a nonsensical statement
americans love their military above all else. They know everything they have and are is thanks to it.

and everyone knows all books are true

Attached: 4601D357-50DA-4DD1-8A62-53F89FA9FBC4.jpg (800x451, 43K)

Navy SEALS tend to be particularly pedantic about that kind of shit - It may come from the fact that you can join to go to SEAL training outright.

The first books from Green Berets about famous SF battles in vietnam, such as the long tay raid, and that earlier raid on a SF/Hmong camp by a battalion of PT-76 light amphibious tanks came after the declassification of said battles after the end of the war

If you read widely enough on a topic, it isn't difficult to corroborate information and find patterns. Under such scrutiny lies and disinformation filters out.

If you never published such information then such a process could never take place and you wouldn't risk exposing your country to danger.

This isn't exactly rocket science.

I've read enough books on Navy SEALs to know what's good and what's shit. I know Marcus Luttrell, for example, is full of shit.

>Anytime a movie has the military in it, the real military is involved in the filming and writing of it
This is true.

You're funny.

The real question is, why should any of us care if our equipment, training, strategy, etc are revealed? Let the murderers go die. It's not like anyone is attacking mainland US right now and even if they did we could just nuke them; it's a big enough deterrent on its own.

You hear me, you veteran fucks? Useless pawn pieces of garbage

> implying books are generally written to deceive people.
What Dumbfuck educated you?

Are you serious?

I hope you are trolling right now

Attached: B9BB33C1-9C4C-4F76-A768-B9DA14764C0D.jpg (190x295, 25K)

>I don’t know what my government is doing because I am a subject.
>This is how it should be: I should not be free.

Attached: 622C4C6A-4593-4A01-B8D1-DEAA414CA3A2.jpg (389x376, 55K)

>It seems the second any US commando gets out he goes and writes some lavish book detailing everything from their missions, equipment, to training, and people involved in their operations.
This actually happens in the UK a lot too, especially with SAS and Paras. I've heard that SBS are actually considered more highly trained and specialized, as well as being more protective over secrets.

We are Master Plumbers, polish toilets don't leak

I'm under no illusion you can take the average grunt Pte. and make him as capable as SF physically without Steroids or a super soldier program, the goal isn't to get every infantryman able to do the Darby Queen or SFAS, instead the goal should be to get regular infantry somewhere near the competency, although not the physical capabilty, of special operations (as opposed to special forces) - that is, mastery of the kinetic application of force and a better understanding of large unit tactics.
That is to say specialized infantry equipment, more extensive training, specifically shooting and CQB shoot houses, and overall higher standards for who can become a grunt as even infantry work is getting more technically challenging on a network centric battlefield.

If we continue with "the cult of the SF", were going to keep seeing shit like what happened in Africa, or what happened to the SEAL's in Panama, or the SEALS in Op. Red Wings.
An over reliance on small SF units will lead to more situations where they get vastly outgunned, esp. as soon as they get engaged by Armored threats. The reality of the matter is there are certain tasks that are better suited to large units. Currently in the US the Army's 75th Ranger Regiment is the special operations force responsible for large unit special operations, they alone are probably not enough

A large unit has large benefits over a smaller one, an infantry company has much, much more ammo, several light and medium mortars, and can carry around heavier anti tank firepower and AA MANPADS expediently, and can sustain a firefight for a significant amount of time. If your expecting a fight it's better to take more firepower, because putting a small specialized team and hoping airpower can pick up the clack doesn't always cut it, as we have seen in Mali

Everything Slavic leaks.
Especially my cum from your women.

You become PNG in US sof like delta too if you talk too much.

SAS is the most exposed sof unit with selection and operations documentaries from Britain, Australia and New Zealand.

Attached: 1525524967435.jpg (1280x875, 438K)

Another point is SF matters ALOT right until large scale conventional warfare, and in the modern era it's more likely than not SF/SOF will be used to hunt enemy SF/SOF in a given AOR.

They need to even up the sides for a decent war. That’s why obama gave uranium to Iran and russia, Hilary sold classified info from from her server and McCain attempted to destroy every piece of military equipment he had access to.