ELI5 The Linus drama?

an someone explain tome what's going on in the linux community right now?

t. normie

Attached: kcMbx7Egi.jpg (657x731, 43K)

Other urls found in this thread:

postmeritocracy.org/
where.coraline.codes/blog/my-year-at-github/
github.com/ErisBlastar/cplusequality/blob/master/README.md
youtu.be/96cqqEfGSFg?t=550
lulz.com/linux-devs-threaten-killswitch-coc-controversy-1252/
youtube.com/watch?v=c2TOY4lufIM
youtube.com/watch?v=ko2sIllVVek
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Basilisk
postmeritocracy.org,
youtu.be/622nXHK_J9E
youtu.be/JScHsyYV0gE
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Can someone explain to me what's going on in the linux community right now?

EDIT: grammar

nsa niggers and corporations decided to end free anonymous private internet/software by using weaponized SJWs

>Jow Forums
>install gentoo

Just some shitty CoC by a retard tranny that no one gives a shit about.

Stop being a faggot and read the catalog.

glow inthe dark niggers forced sjw niggers into postions of power.

old guys refuesd to built in backdoors.

glow in the dark niggers will blackmail every one.

old guys have the right to take there part of the code and fuck off. make linux usless and cause damge.

source or additional reading?

>Jow Forums
Don't even bother going there. The mods are comp'd. They will ban you for asking anything remotely resembling truth...especially when we stick out like a sore thumb.

SJWs making Linus fix his emotional intelligence.
ie. the latest chapter in the progressive destruction of the libertarianism which made the western tech industry great in the first place.

Here's a quick rundown: freetards are on suicide watch and their shitty software is about to get a lot worse.

Attached: 14445656324.jpg (300x384, 40K)

My timeline might be slightly off here but:
BSD introduces new code of conduct ripped off from Geek Feminism wiki
Linus 'accidentally' schedules family holiday at same time as Kernel Maintainers Summit
Summit organisers move it to Edinburgh where he's staying because they can't take a hint
Linus mutters something about them being an absolute shitshow who can't make a decision by themselves
Transwoman previously fired from making codes of conduct for Github over her mental illness proposes new code of conduct for kernel devs
Pic related shows attitude of said transbeing to the Linux community
They also start a petition for "post-meritocracy" in the Linux community because the contributions of people who don't contribute are just as important as those who do, or some such doublethink
Linus' daughter signs it along with a bunch of other people (though not Greg Kroah-Hartman when I last looked)
Linus decides to step away from things for a while to consider whether he's empathic enough to the needs of others (AKA would you faggots leave me alone)

Attached: Untitled.png (650x513, 247K)

Open source development has always been full of politics, egos, arguing and hand wringing and eventual forking when people don't get their way, Its a fuckin shit way to develop software but idealists continue to line up. Linus' personality and force of will kept his shit together for a long time, but one man cant fight the horde forever so hes given in and let it self destruct without him around. I don't think its a vast conspiracy just the nature of the beast.

I work construction as a skilled tradesman. I take on apprentices from time to time. I am waiting for this shit to hit us so we can stomp it right the fuck out. Last year they sent me out a 2nd year apprentice...turns out its a girl..perhaps 19-20....Very petite, and pretty. I made her lunk 4-6" fittings up 3 flights of stairs for 3 days. She would empty the crates of fittings outside and fill them inside. Wednesday afternoon she was laid off. Boss calls and wants to know why I want to get rid of her.
>I don't want anything to do with this. There are a few men on the job and a few apprentices, but she has no business being here. He agreed and we got her her money.
10 seconds alone in a room is all it takes guys. She can hate my guts to high hell, but I needed workers I didn't have to babysit, and a 2nd year apprentice woman is 100% a liability. We were basically out of work she could do, and keeping her on would have meant she would have time to stand around...which is a waste of money to begin with.....

postmeritocracy.org/
>It is time that we as an industry abandon the notion that merit is something that can be measured, can be pursued on equal terms by every individual, and can ever be distributed fairly.
>We believe that interpersonal skills are at least as important as technical skills.
>We acknowledge the value of non-technical contributors as equal to the value of technical contributors.

So they accepted how shitty they were at personal managment...

Aprentice is ten times better than you, just deal with it.

Open source was literally the last haven of meritocracy in the software industry. Coincidentally, it was also the last male-dominated areas. Feminist groups have been trying to get more wimminz in tech by removing prominent men with false accusations. Linus was able to skillfully avoid this, but his luck seems to have run out. He says he's "taking a break" but he isn't coming back. Not in any meaningful manner.
Linux and open source in general will be indistinguishable from (((Windows))) and (((Android))) within 5 years.

Time to install TempleOS, guys.

We need a fina solution, start with kicking the god damned queers out (just the ones causing the problems, the good ones can stay if the stfu). follow up with purging any commits they made. why let a bunch of mentally ill faggots ruin it for the rest of us?

The reason all this shit is getting traction is everyone is just taking it. It won't stop until we stand up and end it.

Wait, is that webpage real or a joke? I can't anymore

Then do it fucking ameribong, it all started in your country

>tl;dr we’re promoting Communism but with a hip new name

>just the ones causing the problems, the good ones can stay if the stfu).
The only good faggot is a dead faggot.

where.coraline.codes/blog/my-year-at-github/
>I was impressed by the social justice tone of some of the questions that I was asked in the non-technical interviews, and by the fact that the majority of people that I met with were women.
>My team was 5 women and one man: two of us trans, three women of color.
>I was getting feedback from literally dozens of engineers (all of whom were male) on other teams, nitpicking the code I had written. One PR actually had over 200 comments from 24 different individuals. It got to the point where the VP of engineering had to intervene to get people to back off.
>A couple of months later, I finished up a feature that I was very excited about: repository invitations. With repository invitations, no one could add someone else to a repository without their consent.
>It was decided that the tone of what I had written was too personal and didn't reflect the voice of the company.
>One small feature that I shipped got a lot of attention: the first-time contributor badge. Basically, this was a little badge that a project maintainer would see next to the name of a new contributor to that project. The idea was that the maintainer would feel inclined to be extra polite, friendly, and welcoming to the newcomer, to ensure that their experience was as positive as possible.
>This was the start of an eight day ordeal involving involuntary commitment to a mental health facility.
>My manager was adamant that if I couldn't work at full capacity that I had no choice but to take medical leave.
>After the meeting I messaged her and shared the more personal aspects of what I was going through, the trauma that I had experienced in the hospital and its lingering effects on my mental health. I was told that I should have accepted the offer of medical leave
>My access to all things GitHub was revoked even as she was talking to me: right away I saw that the shared Google doc greyed itself out

That is the most retarded, wrong headed "serious" document I think I've ever read. and I seen sum shit being in the corp world

Open source drama is nothing new. Ultimately good techology will win out. People who try to capture projects to push their personal agendas soon find themselves desperately grasping at what they cannot hold, like sand slipping through their fingers.

The left and SJWs have been waging war on the LOGIC ITSELF for a while now.
They know their ideology is all lies and cant stand the truth and facts. So whats their move? make logic and meritocracy racist, i shit you not.

This is gulag-tier communism

She can't even code, imagine my shock

>ELI5
Go back where you came from

kernel fork with the one embraced by non contributing screechers becoming obsolete

Real, unfortunately.
This one is a joke and I can no longer spot the difference:
github.com/ErisBlastar/cplusequality/blob/master/README.md

Attached: 1537224178920.png (1228x667, 498K)

The dude made a badge... that was his big contribution...

>postmeritocracy.org/
>Signatories

at least there is a convenient list at the bottom when the round up begins.

>(((Coraline)))
Jow Forums was right again

Programs are never to be "forked", as the word has clear misogynistic tendencies and is deeply problematic. Instead, programmers may never demand "forking", but ask for the program to voluntarily give permission. "Forking" will henceforth be called "consenting", and it is entirely up to the program to decide if the consent stands valid, regardless of the progress of the system clock.

Attached: smokestacks.jpg (400x257, 19K)

>Coraline proposes new Linux CoC
>CoC is accepted
>Coraline creates $10,000 GoFundMe to finance her personal project developing software to enforce CoCs
>Coraline tweets daily about how accepting the new CoC means nothing if it's not enforced
A cynical person could think she was in this for profit.

Great answer. You better believe that the glowniggers will take this opportunity to slip in one of their many tranny agents, even if there was no conspiracy to oust Linus.

lmao linux is open source and nothing can hinder it. If these hoes ruin a few you can always make a distro free from all this shit. Linux is the developers.

Jesus christ her manager sounds like a saint, having to put up with bullshit like that and still finding the will to try to accommodate this creature

he

it's a tranny

>>A couple of months later, I finished up a feature that I was very excited about: repository invitations. With repository invitations, no one could add someone else to a repository without their consent
these people are actually retarded

Attached: coraline-shilling v4.jpg (607x1561, 292K)

You would think that screenshot is fake, but it's actually fucking real. How can somebody be this evil?!

Probably because rptheynare slightly shitposting and because they don’t understand that code quality > diversity.

Coraline has a talk where he argues for a guild system in programming. He praised the idea that in guild systems, you're not allowed to work unless approved by guild masters, and you weren't allowed to learn how to work in the industry unless trained under an approved guild master.

youtu.be/96cqqEfGSFg?t=550
Time: 9:10

It really looks as if he's trying to close off the entire industry to everyone, except for those they deem worthy of furthering their political goals.

Attached: guilds.png (1264x676, 798K)

What's wrong with that feature? It makes sense. If you don't want to be a part of a "kill all whites"-repository, nobody should be able to just add you to it.

Meanwhile on Jow Forums ...
>Linux developers threaten to pull “kill switch”
>Most of the internet could be affected as Linux devs threaten to revoke entire histories of code commits in response to CoC controversy.
>Subject Re: A Plea to Unfuck our Codes of Conduct
>Regarding those who are ejected from the Linux Kernel Community after this CoC:
>Contributors can, at any time, rescind the license grant regarding their property via written notice to those whom they are rescinding the grant from (regarding their property (code)) .
>When the defendants ignore the rescission and continue using then plaintiff's code, the plaintiff can sue under the copyright statute.
>Banned contributors _should_ do this
>Additionally when said banned contributors joined the Linux team, they were under the impression that it was a meritocracy
based & redpilled

This world is so fucked up, we need another flood.

I think they do understand, and they also know that they can't compete, therefore they subvert the whole thing.
Not like they ever wanted to help build Linux.

It'll be by fire this time

It's name isn't coraline, its corey, and corey talks with a lisp.
youtube.com/watch?v=c2TOY4lufIM
Probably can't write LISP. I bet this is why he went crazy and put on makeup.

Actually, I watched it again, and I may have misinterpreted his argument the first time I watched it. I don't want to spread misinfo, but I think he argued against what I just accused him of.

N/M, carry on.

Shipyards on suicide watch.

>A couple of months later

Jow Forums is a Jow Forums colony. go and learn and don't give a fuck about the faggot mods. most of the mods on this site are fags anyway.

>he doesnt know about Frankfurt School
newfags get out

>and they also know that they can't compete, therefore they subvert the whole thing.
pic related

Attached: meh.jpg (899x523, 95K)

>It really looks as if he's trying to close off the entire industry to everyone
That is EXACTLY what is happening. I work out of a skilled labor/state certd union hall. We do the same shit to keep our skills internal. We will not train outsiders until they commit to an apprenticeship and show their worth.

Guilds might as well be called "Locals". And "training" is an apprenticeship.

The problem here is that there is no oversight. We were monitored for 4 years by outside sources to make sure we were doing it right. We tested regularly, and were loaded up with certifcations by year 4.

What actual certifications are these people getting? (none lol obviously). Eventually people will be tired of sucking off a guildmaster just to get xir to approve you to make an animated linux emoji.

>TempleOS
Is this a meme, or a legitimate alternative.

meme hobby OS

Attached: VirtualBox_TempleOS_03_08_2018_04_52_06.png (640x480, 18K)

It's a meme, but the programmer who made it is a real genius. Too bad he also suffers from schizo

God's warrior made this OS. You are too retarded to use it and hear the word of God

>Too bad he also suffers from schizo
God rest his soul. At last he is free from the surveillance of glow in the dark CIA niggers.

Attached: 264dh4573.jpg (1252x1252, 114K)

all*

>a loopy tranny who writes My Little Pony fanfic is just as valuable as Stallman
Time to put these people into ovens.

> glow in the dark CIA niggers

What is this meme? never heard before

b-but non-technical contributors perform an important role by creating a comfortable environment for non-technical contributors who perform an important role by creating a comfortable environment for non-technical contributors who... (repeat to infinity)

youtube.com/watch?v=ko2sIllVVek

Attached: Cultural Marxism.png (743x1769, 618K)

Oven.

I'm serious, the time for argumentation is over. These are crazy people, who are dangers to our civilization. We have to wipe the slate clean and start again.

Attached: 1537629767055.png (776x712, 59K)

>TempleOS
It's a modern commodore 64 with orthodox theme to it.
Author was based & redpilled.
He was killed by CIA nigger.

Attached: 347598734985734.png (1260x854, 629K)

>Linus Torvalds (a creator of Linux) was bullied by his feminist daughters to sign a code of conduct.
>Some kernel developes got already banned
>They can legally force Linus to revert their contributions making Linux useless piece of shit, because it won't compile (i.e. kill switch)
>It can be forked, but you won't find anyone how can comprehend supervising kernel developement and it will eventually break
>One outcome is: Google makes his own kernel from scratch, completely dominating IT.
>Second outcome: redpilled kernel developers write linux from scratch and Linus commits suicide

SJWs are basilisks. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Basilisk

Attached: 220px-Basilisk_aldrovandi.jpg (220x93, 7K)

Chinese intelligence wants backdoor in Linux. Linus and Tso blocked it for years. Threat made to Linus and senpai. Reminiscient of Truecrypt story. Part of Linus statement true. Needs break. Part is black ops strong arm. Linus hostage now to threat. Can’t speak openly about it. He and senpai live but he can never do software again. Trans fool is a useful idiot used as a tool by handlers to remove Tso and others to open codebase up to blobs or buggy software with hidden backdoor. Fool gone soon, to be replaced by faceless committee controlled by Chicoms. Red star rising.

>based Finn makes open-source kernel
>(literally most important Finn in all history thus far)
>kernel powers half the smartphones and most of the servers on the planet
>Finn maintains open-source kernel over the years, by vetting patches and only letting good code (by his autistic standards) get accepted into the kernel codebase
>programming is all about building a mental model of what computer code does and how it all connects, and writing code to make stuff do stuff, without breaking anything else, based upon that mental model
>this Finn made the damn thing in the first place so he knows the ins and outs of it better than anyone on the planet aside from a handful of trusted kernel devs
>whenever anyone--especially a trusted dev--tries to get a patch through that is "obviously" "bad code" by this Finn's autistic standards, he tears them apart on the mailing list (email-powered "forum" publicly visible to all online) by using over-the-top profanity
>literally nobody has ever been offended by this and everyone thinks it's kind of funny, but more importantly:

> > THIS AUTISM IS DIRECTLY RESPONSIBLE FOR LINUX BEING WHAT IT IS TODAY, ONCE AGAIN, POWERING MOST SMARTPHONES AND SERVERS < eventually Linux Foundation, a non-profit organization, is formed
>major corporations (including Microsoft) that use Linux and want to foster its development donate millions to LF
>many of these major corporations spend tons of money and resources pandering to social justice causes "look how much we support getting gurlz to code!!11" etc.

>Finn eventually gets married, has daughter
>daughter becomes typical "us WOMEN can do STEM too, and we're going to show YOU!" sjw libtard faggot

(ctd.)

Attached: dale.gif (320x240, 603K)

(ctd.)

>unrelated SJW tranny known for fucking up open-source project communities by bullying people into making projects have a "Code of Conduct" that allows SJW faggots to language- and tone-police everything and everyone related to the project despite contributing nothing themselves, and also get people kicked off projects and publicly humiliated for expressing "problematic" views elsewhere on the Internet... gets Linux to have a CoC, complete with all the progressive bullshit you'd expect
>tranny launches postmeritocracy.org, a website literally advocating for the abolishment of the concept of "whoever writes the best code regardless of race sex etc. gets to have their code go in this open-source project for the benefit of the project and the world"

>at the same time, based Finn suddenly publicly says he's taking a break from maintaining his kernel and is going to take time off to learn to become a better person because he feels bad about all those autistic kernel mailing list things he wrote to people who made bad code even though literally nobody was offended and everything thought it was hilarious at best or cringe at worst, yet basically everyone understood that it kept the code quality of the project autistically high and made it what it is today

>libs say "you guys are overreacting lol this is a good thing nothing bad's going to happen calm down drumpfkins"

>less than 48 hours later, tranny & xer social media lynch mob try to get based Asian kernel dev, one of based Finn's most trusted, creator of modern filesystems and Linux' random functionality, kicked from the project because of comments he made years ago involving rape, even though no sane person would take literally any issue at all with what he wrote if they actually read it

TL;DR Linux, the thing that powers your phone and just about every website and service you use, just got completely infiltrated by SJW nonsense, and it's all downhill from here.

Tso's "rape apology":
>For example, it points out that over half of those cases were ones where undergraduates were plied with alcohol, and did not otherwise involve using physical force or other forms of coercion. And if you asked the women involved, only 27% of the people categorized by Koss as being raped called it rape themselves. Also found in the Koss study, although not widely reported, was the statistic that of the women whom she classified as being raped (although 73% refused to self-classify the event as rape), 46% of them had subsequent sex with the reported assailant.
>Please note, I am not diminishing what rape is, and or any particular person's experience. However, I *am* challenging the use of statistics that may be hyperbolic and misleading, and ultimately may be very counterproductive if it causes people to become afraid when the reality might not be as horrible as the "1 in 4" numbers might at first sound.

>My team was 5 women and one man: two of us trans, three women of color.

Imagine being too mentally ill to fit in with this company

>My code was critiqued
>They praised me for the good parts, but discarded the bad parts
>Which lead to me having a mental breakdown

Women in the workforce was a fucking mistake.

Attached: 1537006037696.jpg (606x421, 46K)

this is the best answer

what makes you think it's China and not the corporations that donate millions to Linux Foundation (e.g. Microsoft)?

I got about halfway through until I realized that the guy wasn't kidding.

Attached: 1388311321992.jpg (237x229, 19K)

>redpilled kernel developers write linux from scratch
It was estimated that redeveloping Linux from scratch would cost billions of shekels, if not more.

Guess I'll be sticking with Windows server as usual. Linuxtards laughed at me before, now look who's laughing when their "server" OS goes down in flames and takes the internet out with them. With so many tech companies in commiefornia it's bound to happen and there always exists the possibility that your favorite tech company gets destroyed overnight by literal lunatics.

But not just. Linux is running a lot of enterprise shit out there. This virtue signaling can lead to status quo companies going the "safe" route into the socially permitted versions. Look around, this is happening everywhere.

Not when the "socially permitted" version leaks protected memory and kernelpanics day in and day out because the freaks who forked it know more about the eleventy billion pronouns than how an operating system works. At that point it'll be about the future of your company and very few companies will stand by as their IT infrastructure collapses before their eyes.

WE need to unite together, all of us, before THEY complete the final stages of their A.I.

>Elon knows how bad it is

The average normie has no idea what the future holds IF WE DONT out aside our difference and men of righteousness unite and battle the NWO, illuminati, and technocrats. Many creeds and colors work for these people and we need to unite like some faggoty lord of the rings movie and put an end to the A.I. demigod

This is a warning from the future.

>if we do not unite against the satanic A.I Beast grid system

Then we have a DARK FUTURE ahead

youtu.be/622nXHK_J9E

Relax and enjoy

>unite against the VILE PEOPLE NOW

>bonus stream
youtu.be/JScHsyYV0gE
Enjoy some Bants about today's happenings, sunspot walnut sauce fakeout.,.,. .,.,.,.,., ,.,,., ,, ,. ..., , ,, ,,., , , , , ,, ,

Attached: 1535978090721.png (640x480, 397K)