Algebra is racist because black people can't understand it

Algebra is racist because black people can't understand it

edsource.org/2017/at-cal-state-algebra-is-a-civil-rights-issue/582950

> The next civil rights court battle for California higher education may be about algebra.

> California State University is finalizing new system-wide math policies as part of an initiative to increase graduation rates and address equity gaps. But a recent move by CSU affecting students transferring from community colleges threatens to undermine community college efforts to do the same.

> About 80 percent of African Americans required to take more than one remedial class in math do not complete their math requirements within six years, compared to 67 percent of Hispanics and 61 percent of whites, according to the community college system’s student success scorecard. A recent estimate found that, among community college students, 50-60 percent of the racial disparity in degree completion is driven by decisions to place students in math remediation, according to an unpublished study by the RP Group.

> What these educators don’t appear to realize is that the same policies track many capable students – especially students of color attending community colleges – away from completing a college degree at all.

> Why is this a civil rights legal problem for state higher education, rather than just a policy problem for social justice and prosperity? It is because, outside of specific majors such as engineering, intermediate algebra skills are not required for success in college. In fact, popular college math courses like Statistics do not require intermediate algebra. Studies show that the very same students, whose futures are threatened by algebra policies, can pass a rigorous college-level statistics course without knowing intermediate algebra. Statistics satisfies the math requirement for transfer from community colleges to CSU and UC, as well as for a baccalaureate degree.

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-09-22 at 18.14.51.png (1534x1136, 1.42M)

Algebra is the most effective way of eugenesia

California will lower the standards for blacks in the name of equality just like fitness standards are lowered for female soldiers, firefighters, etc.

I thought California was full of Asians. So why would this be a thing discussed in that shithole?

Algebra can be really hard, but basic algebra which they teach in high school isn't hard at all.

Civil war when ?

Attached: 1534646570270.gif (520x293, 811K)

the two kids at my school who were in the highest level math classes were both white middle class w nerd ass looking parents and they both went to mediocre average universities like the unimpressive privileged trained dogs they are.

>About 80 percent of African Americans required to take more than one remedial class in math do not complete their math requirements within six years, compared to 67 percent of Hispanics and 61 percent of whites, according to the community college system’s student success scorecard
So is it saying 61% of White college students couldn't pass gen ed math class within 6 years? Is there no middle/high school in California or what?

The only College algebra class you technically have to pass at my school is Math 111, which is precalc and trig, pretty much high school math.

>Caption says algebra
>Whiteboard has multi-variable calculus on it

Attached: 1537475575536.jpg (900x900, 97K)

California schools are focused on teaching you different ways to suck cock and fight your white privilege.

Which is perfect for them so they can claim their public schools have higher scores and so they can justify more funding to bloated ineffective teacher's unions.

Kek indeed.

>80% niggers, 67% spics and 61% normal people can't finish a basic algebra course in America

Why are Americlaps so fucking stupid?

algebra is a selfsolving problem, just follow the mathematical patterns and solution already achieved by others and u can just follow asystem to solve any algebra problem.

Trying to solve them in your head and reinvent the wheel is just a test of practice and patience that solves nothing

As someone that goes to a UC, I can confirm this.

Multivariable calculus is still part of algebra senpai

Attached: legolas.jpg (300x300, 37K)

>Implying shitters that can't pass algebra have the mental capacity to realize that.

As a 65% nigger, i can tell you all that algebra isn't even hard at all once you start practicing more and more. Sure it looks challenging at a first glance, but you'll get the hang of it once you get it all down. I was supposed to go back to college this month but i can't because the school i was going to had a tuition of $50,000 so i can't really afford a second year there. Next week, i'll start at a community college and get a job so i can stop being a NEET. I also have my MTA (Microsoft Technology Associates) Certificate so i can get any entry level IT job while i'm going to school.

racemixing

the article is correct. black people on average have a lower IQ which is not their fault. therefore races with lower iqs should be exempt from these courses but not face consequences and be able to graduate equally

>higher education
>remedial algebra

There's your first problem. I thought this was going to be about abstract algebra, but it's basic algebra. Which no respectable university has any business teaching.

US education is a fucking joke.

61% of whites required to take more than one remedial class in math do not complete their math requirements in six years, not 61% of whites in general.

Indeed, failure seems to be rewarded more often now.

Wasn't it recently that Black women were recognized for their mathematical skills in the NASA programs?

I think it's all a matter of effort.

Music - same thing; little to no effort, and dat's da way dey like it.

But bebop jazz ...

Hmmm.

Laziness.

>Indeed, failure seems to be rewarded more often now.
It's communism.

Attached: Equality.jpg (617x507, 66K)

Why aren’t they teaching algebra in high school? We took that shit in the 10th grade. Even the stupid kids got to it by 12th grade. Are students graduating high school by mastering the times tables now?
80% of nigs failing is not that surprising, but 61% of whites? Something is wrong along the entire system. Of course their solution will likely be nixing algebra as a graduation requirement for certain majors, and to be fair you don’t need to understand algebra or higher math to be successful in most majors. However, if you can’t pass a basic math class in 6 years you might be too dumb to graduate.

Didn't Persians invent it or something? Niggers shouldn't be so racist and Islamophobic

I met some jewish kid who couldn't pass Math 110 at my old college. It was kinda funny desu.

>be employer
>*looks at university transcript*
>no algebra or higher math
>into the trash it goes

No shit!

Attached: NoShit.jpg (623x768, 66K)

You lack basic reading comprehension skills. These figures consist of students who required more than one remedial math class - not the entire population.

>capable students
>can't pass tests
Pick one, niggers.

>implying employers nowadays check which classes they've taken in college when hiring
If you have a degree they don't give a shit any further. They will only care about your job (((experiences))) and former (((employers)))' comments

>communism
you spelled jews wrong.

Attached: 1489551424874 copy.jpg (600x497, 221K)

Attached: 7777.jpg (290x174, 12K)

i havent been in college in awhile but that sure looks like calculus.

I took several math classes in California public school and it wasn't even that challenging for me. The problem is that most of my class didn't get anything that happened and they just gave up. I thought it was because of common core nonsense but it might be because of how fucking lazy and stupid they were. There's nothing wrong with not having a capacity for doing math easily, but sometimes the retards didn't even try to pass.

Thats calculus on the board you dolt

I call extreme BS on your reply. Calculus is an entirely different matter than basic algebra. Algebra is still used in calculus, but adds a lot of new stuff - rates of change - that goes well beyond basic algebra.

Are you saying that trigonometry, phasor math, fourier analysis are just re-hashed algebra, too?

I would disagree wholeheartedly, user.

math in California schools is as inept as reading comprehension is at where ever the fuck you got taught how to read.

maybe niggers should carry out their
birthrite and work their way out of their
stupidity.

Attached: time travel nigger.png (1024x764, 488K)

Lol... I was hesitant to post that... thanks

The most common definition of an integral, the Riemann sum, is literally an algebraic operation

The reality of 'Equality - to a liberal' should have the two taller ones standing in proportionally deep holes while the shot one stands on the ground.

It’s the picture from the article and it is clearly being used to make algebra seem way more complicated and confusing than it really is.

Thefuck, algebra is the easiest way to learn shit
>had a hard issue with university-test level geometry formulae because couldn't understand the graphical ways of getting those.
>mfw learning vectors in university make them all simple af to understand and deduce algebraically rather than tracing lines upon lines on a triangle (or whatever other geometrical shape)

Attached: 1488896803848.jpg (1920x1080, 200K)

WTF they made us take algebra to graduate highschool. Also the highschool I went to is in the top 10 for most drop outs

The problems and examples werent in shekels.

No shit... I took algebra in the 8th grade...

American colleges are the fucking toughest on the planet (but that's why we turn out the best graduates). In order for me to even get an electrical engineering degree we had to take rigorous courses like Trigonometry and linear algebra.

Thank god I didn't have to take any advanced algebra courses otherwise I would've never gotten a degree.

you talking about that abstract shit, nigger? Like Galois?

>California State University

If you can't do calculus/algebra, you don't belong in any uni course

>rigorous courses
>Trig and linear algebra are your examples
user..I..

A low quality bait, but you made me laugh

Nah dude there was a class that I knew all the material but for some reason I couldn't pass exams.

I would teach the guy I studied with and he would pull like 60s and I'd get like 40s just because I'd make silly mistakes.

Made a deal with the teacher so I could explain my knowledge after I scribbled a bunch of shit down on the test and even then I was catching mistakes after the fact

Pretty sure that was sarcasm.

Attached: manga-gu1de-to-c4lculus-64-638.jpg (638x826, 113K)

True, but calculus in general is pretty worthless for most of the people that take it. I use algebra all the damn time for normal shit.

They need to grow a spine and start turning people away for not being able to do junior high level algebra. Or make a separate secondary education institution that is less mathematically inclined instead of lumping them with people who can do the math.

I fully support this. Algebra is useless for most students unless they plan on taking STEM courses. What's worse is the methods for teaching algebra are atrocious, because it's dumbed down so that students don't have to understand what they're doing, they just have to follow mindless rote procedures to spit out the answer. This approach is designed to help brainlets pass algebra tests without understanding algebra. Keep niggers out of math class and everyone wins.

>American colleges are the fucking toughest on the planet

only somebody with a background from american education would seriously believe this. i’ve lived and studied in both places and the Spanish education is 100x better than the American, in both STEM and humanities. american college students i speak to are borderline retarded, even the ones from harvard and yale. the classes in the US are a joke. the profs try to make them arbitrarily hard. it’s pretty funny how seriously people take themselves other there. the profs, most of whom are retards who know nothing, think they’re such hot shit. LMAO

I was the same way. I sucked at taking tests until eventually I conformed and was in the top 5% of all of my classes.

dont people learn algebra in middle school?
also
>admitting blacks are intellectually inferior

Uni should only be for people in the very top of intelligence, no matter the degree. The rest can do trade and factory/services.

They're making society too top heavy with everyone having a degree and feeling like they're intelligent and entitled to big pay for doing little.

(You)

Bait

I've met some really stupid MechE's and EE's, some that thought law of cosines and stress/strain relationships were hard concepts.
I did get baited I'll admit that.

Those are percentages of retards who didn't learn it in high school for some reason.

>pic chosen by editor
You've probably already noticed that whenever an article is about "coding", it's always some stockphoto shit showing Javascript.

That's journalism. Journalist have no skills in any particular field, but they larp as experts in everything.

They just pass people for more funding. The students don't actually learn the material.

Is algebra usually advanced at other schools? Most introductory courses (algebra, trig, chem, physics, etc.) just teach high school level material at a faster pace.

based and redpilled, suck it europoors

Attached: 1533054977955.jpg (800x800, 72K)

(((Riemann)))

this is a very shitty way to write down integrals and just horrible notation and sequence in general

>the classes in the US are a joke.
This didn't used to be the case. U.S. higher education has a strong reputation because its reputation hasn't caught up with current reality. Before the push to get every student into college, U.S. higher education was the envy of the world. I went to a top public ivy, and the students today are borderline retarded. They couldn't even write a coherent sentence, much less a decent paper.

He wasn't Jewish.

Can’t be possible, lazy Spaniards Shit economy since 1800

There is a limit involved though, so NPC still have a hard time understanding it.

Riemann wasn't Jewish. No Jewish mathematicians hold a candel to Gauss, Newton, Euler, Riemann, and our other great white mathematicians.

Good on you dude, studying for my A+ certs right now to just circumvent school in general.
How hard was your Microsoft certification?

I had to take college algebra all the way up to linear algebra in a California community college. After trig I didn’t see any black people in any of my classes except calc 2 which had one guy from Africa who was actually pretty good at math. Other than that I only saw black and Latino people struggle with math in the lower level classes. After calc 1 it was practically nothing but white, Asian, and middle eastern people in all my classes and 99% of them wanted to be engineers.

>headline says algebra
>pic shows calculus

What the fuck is algebra anyways? What the hell makes it so hard for these people?

Quadratic equations? Solving for zero and plotting? What else am I missing?

I'm not a genius by any means but that was fucking common sense in just about every fucking class I took in college and you would literally get nowhere in EE if you didn't know how to algebra.

Is it possible that they just forgot?

You apply algebra to calculus what the fuck are you talking about? Calculus is just theorems and definitions and you use algebra/trigonometry to execute/prove them you fucking mongoloid.

Yes but not really, at least in my experience. The teachers will tell you to do certain things in specific orders so you can pass a test but it's all so forgettable because they don't tell you why you're doing what you're doing and nobody comes away with any understanding.

checked. this is one of the main reasons that journalists are destroying society.

LOL You are a luteral retard if you believe this

>American 'colleges' are the toughest on the planet

That's a literal joke.

I have a Doc and two MS'es from Ivy Schools in the US, and have attended UNIVERSITY in Europe and Asia. I teach in the UK now at a very prestigious "college" (learn the difference).

American Unis are a literal JOKE. They've had to let niggers and what-not in, and your average, say, Gymnasium grad from Germany is comparable to a BS/BA- tier American State School- surpassing it actually by far.

LOL nice b8 mate. No one is gonna buy that. Everyone knows it is bullshit. 4 year degrees from American schools are junior-high and high-school tier in Europe and China/Japan

well, niggers are stupid and can't think in the abstract. What's new?

>That's journalism. Journalist have no skills in any particular field, but they larp as experts in everything.
Journalism is a highly nepotistic field in America. It is the option for blue bloods who didn't want to attend law, medical, or business school.

That's because they're not allowed into the Ivies because they aren't niggers or kikes, dumbshit

I know adults who don't know what 1000 is. They could never dream of calculating a percentage, with or without a calculator, and they sure as hell could never factor a polynomial. These people aren't obviously retarded, and seem perfectly normal when you talk to them. The older I get, the more I learn to never be surprised just how dumb people are.

It’s not useless. Taking high levels of math helps you build better problem solving skills, critical thinking skills, quantitative/analytical skills, etc.. Math makes you a quicker and more effective thinker. If you can’t pass a basic algebra class then you’re a fucking retard, I’m sorry.

Niggers come into class 20 minutes late smelling like weed and sit on their phones for the entire class, then the bitch about racism when they fail the tests?

>spaintard
>can't even into enrish
>good education
fuck off spicmoor

So is the definition of a derivative.

Riemann is a summation iirc. You're thinking definition of a derivative. Literally throw in zero. If you can't, manipulate the shit by putting x+1 on top and bottom

Generally true, but not at top schools like University of Chicago. Harvard and Yale are jokes. They are just about making future business/political connections.

of all the maths i had to take - algebra 2 was the most enjoyable.

>posting from the US

Nice larp you fucking faggot. If you actually have a PhD or masters from an Ivy League you’d be busy doing paid research rather than shitposting on Jow Forums.

>top public ivy

the fact that you even used this bullshit scam promotional phrase demonstrates to me that you aren’t as smart as you think you are

He's on his coffee break lmao