Japan gets first mover advantage on asteroid mining after successfully landing two rovers on asteroid Ryugu

Japan gets first mover advantage on asteroid mining after successfully landing two rovers on asteroid Ryugu.

Attached: AstreoidRyugu.jpg (760x403, 454K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/622nXHK_J9E
youtu.be/JScHsyYV0gE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Even if they are made out of solid gold, there is no revenue positive business case for mining them at present or in the foreseeable future.

What if they're made of Diamonds? You could have diamond buildings and diamond cars

What if they're made of Californium?

The diamond cartels would never allow it

this might be spacekhazarmilkrium
we both know its worth the trip

the pictures are SHIT.

>first mover advantage
What is that supposed to mean? They're not the first to land on an asteroid, and the hops these things make are just good enough to take a little more data from differentiated sites.

that's not a first mover advantage. there's no technological advantage, nor is there any control of resources here

NASA salty af

So, (You) bait. Well, here's a few more (You)s, then.

Wow landed on one. This has explosives and is going to blow the shit out of it.

>mining

Fuck off, they aren’t mining shit.

the pictures are somehow even more disappointing than nasa's

They are blowing a hole in it with explosives and taking home what they find. What would you call that?

If the asteroid is made out of something useful, can we make it crash it into China/India/California/Sweden/Germany and then harvest the remains?

>what are aliens sperms on that asteroid

>to mine you have to bring the shit back

These are never coming back or mining anything

Implessive CGI

>it's a cgi space mission episode

Attached: Truman Sirius.png (750x420, 161K)

Sampling.

>t. typical consumer
Cry all you want. It's going to happen, and there is nothing you can do to stop producers from innovating.

Attached: 1537049838009.png (1720x2250, 3M)

Space deniers get the rope too.

Attached: 191979185.jpg (650x341, 39K)

>plants nip dna
>fucker crashes into some habitable planet
>wait for it
>paradise

>REEE THE EARTH IS ROUND MY PROFESSOR GOLDSTEIN OF (((ASTRONOMY))) SAID SO!!!!!

Good goyim

Attached: 1516778705885.jpg (960x536, 49K)

Everyone you know IRL is aware you are retarded, and it's all your fault. You could choose not to be retarded tomorrow, but I doubt you will.

Attached: 1532662239009.gif (2083x3811, 2.73M)

I’m wary of this whole “asteroid mining” meme. Whilst it sounds great in practice, I believe that it is nothing more than a cover for developing technology so as to use asteroids as a weapon of mass destruction.

Why not both?

I mean, if you can redirect them, you surely can mine them.

Just wondering, how much asteroid mining and bringing shit back to earth before we throw our orbit or something off? Maybe we should just use asteroid mining to build space ships

My point exactly, once the technology is developed what’s to stop a nation weaponising these things???

orbit depends on speed, not mass, since you have to match the earth's speed with the new mass in order to land the ore, this shouldn't be a problem.

Probably mutually assured destruction. I have a feeling it will be much more efficient to keep using ground based weapon systems even if using asteroids becomes possible.

>the pictures are SHIT.
they look like sushi

Attached: 1387167803256.png (491x474, 548K)

Japan needs to hurry up and accepts their fair share of immigrants instead of focusing on space. Millions of people are starving right now and instead of taking them in they selfishly waste that energy.

Accept Those Immigrants Nippon

It's Hayabusa2 project.
Hayabusa2 plans to take sand on the asteroid and carry it to the Earth.

Hayabusa1 already succeeded the work before, but sand was very little at the time.

WE need to unite together, all of us, before THEY complete the final stages of their A.I.

>Elon knows how bad it is

The average normie has no idea what the future holds IF WE DONT out aside our difference and men of righteousness unite and battle the NWO, illuminati, and technocrats. Many creeds and colors work for these people and we need to unite like some faggoty lord of the rings movie and put an end to the A.I. demigod

This is a warning from the future.

>if we do not unite against the satanic A.I Beast grid system

Then we have a DARK FUTURE ahead

youtu.be/622nXHK_J9E

Relax and enjoy

>unite against the VILE PEOPLE NOW

>bonus stream
youtu.be/JScHsyYV0gE
Enjoy some Bants about today's happenings, sunspot walnut sauce fakeout..

Attached: 1537527274736.jpg (662x960, 50K)

O ok. What about spin? I thought I read something that our planet was slowing down. Whoever ends up on the dark side of the earth gets the shitty end of the stick. Would bringing millions of tons of shit to earth affect that?

>you have to match the earth's speed with the new mass in order to land the ore
What the fuck am I reading

Japan: Ha ha ha - no

Attached: Not(((This)))Again.png (1358x973, 915K)

That's called taking a sample, dipshit. We did that DECADES ago.

The earth is transferring rotational velocity to the moon which in turn is increasing the moon's orbital speed around the earth, which is putting it into a higher orbit, eg the moon is slowly moving away from us.

Eventually the moon and earth will be tidally locked to each other. The moon is already tidally locked to the earth, but not the earth to the moon. It's estimated this will take about 10-14 billion years to happen.

It’s still good to begin surveys and profs of concept now.
If we ever colonize multiple bodies, different materials will have different values depending on the body they are on. Water is more valuable on the moon. Aluminum, copper, silver and maybe even gold will potentially be more valuable to Martians because they’ll need electric conductors.

It’s hard to define an asteroids value because we don’t have a space economy yet

Yeh, MAD might become a thing if the nation that develops the tecnology to capture and direct these things first does not use them. However I believe the temptation would be too great for that nation not to threaten all the other ones with anihiliation if it detects one of them attempting to do the same thing.

There's only one kind of person more retarded than flat earthers, and that is those who argue with them. Congrats, retard.

>It's estimated this will take about 10-14 billion years to happen.
It's coming right for us!
Better blow up the moon, just in case

I am not entirely sure about spin, since you have to match the spin rate in order to land it safely, you don't want it careening into the ground, so it doesn't seem like it will be an issue. I am not a scientist or anything, just a space nerd, I might be wrong. But it's important to realize the Earth is friggin HUGE, and it's going to take a lot of mass to noticeably effect it's behavior as a planet. The Earth's mass is 5.972 × 10^24 kg or 5,972,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 kilograms.

>stop liking things i don't like

this was meant for not

I am even less educated, but I seem to remember reading that a decent sized asteroid could give our orbit enough of a wobble to make our seasons extremely hot and cold

Yeah if its big enough, but thats like really really really big. So big we probably don't have the resources on Earth to build and fuel the craft that would be needed to land the thing. I dunno, I think we will be good for the foreseeable future, we can barely launch 80 tons into near earth orbit right now. Luckily, actual smart people will have to be involved.

Attached: Nova_Rocket.jpg (1024x822, 238K)

What about fast enough? There's no theoretical limit (except speed of light but I'm assuming it'll never get close) on an object getting faster and faster just by getting slingshot by gravity around planets and stars with no friction to slow it down?

And if you absolutely have to land a giant asteroid on earth, you could just land half on one side of earth and the other half on the other side. I did not do the math (not that I'd know how to), but im pretty sure thats good enough.

Attached: 156165165615165615615.png (3600x2126, 2.22M)

there's nothing wrong with asking questions. The whole universe tells you the holocaust is real and anyone who questions it is a nutjob.

Yeah, but you leafs got the edge on the whole Martin colonization effort.

Did you drive out the Eskimos?

Attached: image.png (1351x497, 1.03M)

Yeah, for sure, I thought we were talking about safely landing one for resource extraction. The main problem with using that as a weapon I can think of is efficiency, it would be easier to just nuke whoever you are trying to hit. Mass and speed are the main reasons they have caused mass extinctions, and when they are big enough and fast enough, the whole planet gets btfo'd, not really what you want in a weapon system.

>Get resources in space.
>don't have to launch heavy parts now
>forge steel in zero G
>??????
>Make a Gundam
>Turn roid into Side 01

Attached: 1513905634641.gif (960x720, 384K)

post nasa archive link plz.

Attached: 1521778335048.webm (1280x720, 2.84M)

Nice CGI, globetard

>not really what you want in a weapon system
Unless you are Matian Colony Alliance, sick of paying taxes to those Earth redcoats.

>Matian
*Martian

>gold
Lmao that's a boomer precious metal and not worth a whole lot

A solid platinum asteroid could be worth trillions

It's more likely to be

I can't see it making sense to orbit the entire body. To me, it seems like orbital mining will be the way to go.

The rope that the nazis father the devil (research himmler wewesvourg castke thule society) has for those that refuse fake space and evolution and (((rationalism)))?

Attached: 1537420600845m.jpg (1024x896, 107K)

Attached: 1536982170759.gif (229x176, 987K)

It wouldn't help.
Go back to sleep.

Attached: image.jpg (564x614, 58K)

Asteroids are flat lights on the Firmamant. You sheeple globetards make me lagh.

Attached: 21vovp.jpg (583x450, 65K)

Except they're mining monopoles so they can make Gundams.

Attached: gunvarrel.jpg (1360x768, 168K)

I am very ok with gundams being built in space.

>When a meteorite mining thread goes fast into a flat earth one

Not so fringe afterall

Gold worth more than platinum, retard.

lol! Nice CGI

Attached: lt57p5me9ve01_cr.jpg (630x411, 29K)

Check this CGI out.

Attached: 1537246883330.webm (1024x450, 2.86M)

Well, until their entire population is living in space only, I doubt anyone is going to be dropping asteroids just to get nuked by everyone in return.

There is also the danger of the world entering a new glacial age if we are not careful with what we drop on earth, we can survive global warming somewhat, barely, a true glacial winter would wipe out humanity.

Right now dropping asteroids on other countries would be the same as setting your house on fire, hoping that the smoke will suffocate your neighbor.

If you de-orbit the whole thing you accomplish two things: You get all the material to the surface quickly, and you allow mining and processing with facilities and equipment on earth - which can be significantly larger than what can be put in orbit.

The only reason to keep mining orbital is if you intend to use the material in orbit. Otherwise it'll be de-orbited and then mined.

Platinum is worth at least 300$ more per ounce brainlet

>gold

Kek. This isn't the 16th Century anymore you goofball. Far more valuable metals up in space

>business case
Space Gundams. They've already done Suidobashi Juko. Japan has to keep the BOJ spending shitloads of yens to keep their economy afloat every day so it's not inconceivable that the so-called business case is helicopter money here.
As an aside, how possible is it for central banks to buy literally all public businesses and nationalize them for the economies to stabilize -- at least in Japan's case. I am thinking Dai Nippon Teikoku is on the horizon here as well.

Also, space Gundams.

Hahaha you sheeple are so dum!
Can’t even make the difference between CGI and a simulation!!! CGI is CONPUTER generated, a simulation is SIMULATOR generated!
So, so dunb!

That makes sense. I was just hung up on the vehicle/shielding needed to deorbit something with non-uniform shape and mass distribution, but you make a good point.

Nice NASA competitor you got leaf, oh wait.....

Wake up brainlet, explain pic related.

Attached: 1532628049889.jpg (630x1600, 293K)

BOKU TACHI WOOOO

The way I imagined it happening is there would be some limited processing in orbit in order to reduce the overall mass, increase the purity of ore being deorbitted, and allow for uniform mass distribution in the re-entry vehicle. That's what I meant by "orbital mining." I also feel like it will eventually make sense to purify the metals in orbit too.

Attached: 1536514208314.jpg (700x499, 74K)

>square earth
fuck off shill!

Attached: 1536633463587.jpg (1680x1050, 250K)

this is the actual situation. until rocketry is replaced with a superior form of propulsion, asteroid mining is literally impossible.

>It’s hard to define an asteroids value because we don’t have any space Jews yet

You can't stop them from trying. Rockets aren't that inefficient.

Why are they so afraid of astroid mining?
Worried about a power shift or something?

That or its just normal consumer hate on producers/innovators. Once you get an eye for it, you see it everywhere.

superior Japanese genes at work

Attached: B_CXgVlWoAIhjPF.jpg (1111x1600, 241K)