AMA: Male Teacher here-- Answering MEMEs

As the title says; few details:

>10 years in the profession; middle & high
>vocational teacher (CTE)
>worked in "diverse" urban district
>work in rural district
>worked in "Right to Work" state (no unions)
>wok in Union state
>was ready to leave the profession after 5 years, but got really lucky with an opportunity in a union state I could not pass up
>consider myself a moderate

ready to put all these liberal and conservative memes to rest. I've seen enough of the education system to give everyone a thoughtful unbiased response.

AMA

Attached: teacher.jpg (1200x545, 168K)

Other urls found in this thread:

edsource.org/2017/at-cal-state-algebra-is-a-civil-rights-issue/582950
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Why is there so much emphasis on the civil rights movement every single year of school?

Fuck you yt thats why

What kind of propaganda do you teach? And how do you feel about brainwashing children and targeting boys lives with destruction.

i miss when there was a clear distinction between what was figuratively gay and what was literally gay

now we are living in hell

How much worse are parents now vs 10 years ago?
Are your hands tied in disciplining students?
Are black kids a problem or is that a meme?
Ever wanted to fuck one of your students but instead just go to the teacher’s lounge and jerk off in the bathroom?
Ever thought about being a college professor and taking the easy road instead?

Why would you think / pol/ is interested in anything one of the foot soldiers of cultural Marxist brainwashing has to say?

Do you realize that you are the enemy?

Are niggers completely unteachable and forcing bright students to get dragged down by their presence the greatest travesty in American education today?

All schools vary on how much of it is celebrated, but it all comes down to the State and Fed, localities really don't have much freedom in this as all funding is held over school's heads through the state (vast majority) and fed. If any of these two entities request some form of education on civil rights then the school will need to comply.

However, the scope of the celebration comes down to the administrators and the teachers who are pushing it. I can assure you that a lot of teachers are somewhat irritated by far left identity politics, but our hands are tied to speak up or give fair ideas on how to handle such issues.

>Teach in schools
>Replace nationalism and social norms with common core, communism and SJW rhetoric.
>Send teens into the world suffering from social and mental retardation.

If you had to guess how much of what you teach is factual. 0-10%

And how do you feel about using the 10% of truth that you teach as a gas lighting technique to further the destruction the western society?

Teachers are not the ones responsible for standards. They are only responsible for designing curriculum around the state standards.

As a vocational teacher, I can understand your frustration with targeting boys, but the its not to the extent of your tinfoil wearing hat and conspiracy theories.

I hate the push for college education and debt, and the lack of efforts on behalf of school districts to teach students the pros-and-cons of higher education/trades and financial responsibility and awareness.

Have you ever been treated with mistrust because you are a man? Have you had to modify your behaviour in order to avoid suspicion? How has being a man affected your personal and emotional relationships with students?

see

Correct answer would have been cultural marxist brainwashing.

Youre a bad teacher.

I've never been treated with mistrust, but all teachers, male and female, ensure that our doors are always open when we need to speak to students one-on-one, or have another teacher present.

I will never be alone with a student unless I let my neighbor teacher know about it if I need to discuss anything serious with the student.

I work in a pretty good district that has some good parents for the most part, so I'm thankful I don't have to deal with any kind of false accusations of such nature.

>SS gaurds arent responsible for killing Jews. They were responsible for implementation of standards.

Unironically Rope yourself. Also youre jewish I can tell.

pushing any kind of political ideology would be propaganda.

What we really need is a discussion of philosophy. You're confusing politics with philosophy. Understanding the difference will allow you to have open non-confrontational discussions.

Both sides act like apes-- similar to your behavior, and its why nothing ever gets done correctly.

LOL, I'm a vocational teacher, I save people from going to college and being burdened by debt. I am not a history teacher. I'll pass on your concerns to the department.

Getting a first hand look at these up and comers, how screwed are we?

What's your next video about, Jim?

Why did you leave out the part how you FEEL about it, you NPC?

Teachers make about $10K/yr more than the median HOUSEHOLD income. Fuck off Time Magazine

>Im a vocational teacher
>Im qualified to have a discussion about tautology, semantics, human cognition, philosophy politics and ethics.

Youre a moron. You probably dont even realize your contradixting yourself in your flurry to defend yourself from my accusations (proving uou are exactly what I said you are.)

unironically do us all a favor and rope yourself

I know a lady who works at a small town elementary school and pulls 96k a year.

If a small town can afford that, it seems like these "broke" teachers from cities are fucking lying, are they?

Good question. For the most part, schools that have a very high number of students of low income families (which happen to be majority black), are very challenging schools to work in. In these schools, white or black, they all act like animals to some extent.

Its not a matter of being unteachable, its a matter of having the appropriate behavior and attitude to be taught. They learn quickly how to be jerks and get away with stuff, but ask them to be still, not shout, and try to process what you say at a higher level is another challenge they simply do NOT care about. Why would they if they're going home to a broken home where the parents dont do jack, or are unavailable due to working long hours on one paycheck.

Being challenged in academics is not the highest of their priorities, so therefore, they become too dumb to know they're dumb. This becomes the perpetual cycle of these schools.

I would say if you can get rid of 30%-40% of the student population with terrible behavior, it would have a tremendous impact on academics and you could save a lot of students. State laws and policies make it impossible to do any of this, because the law says all students are entitled to an education.

Im some cases, it's true, but the vast majority of teachers don't have competitive salaries.

Take into account how long the teacher has been with the school and what they teach. If its a good school district where the kids can behave, and the parents are not overwhelming, a teacher will stay for a long time at these types of schools, and can make bank in the right conditions.

The other thing to take into account is cost of living, depending on the city.

Average teacher burnout is 3-5 years-- I was one of them.

I would not recommend any young student to go to college to become a teacher. My recommendation is get into a professional field, and if you're ready to pass on such knowledge, then teach. Otherwise you're pissing your future away. If I had to do it all over again, this is the path I would've taken. Go into trades, learn a skill, then start teaching.

Do you get paid enough from your job as a teacher alone?
Do you believe more money should be put into education? How do you feel the money should be used to improve education?
Thoughts on this (edsource.org/2017/at-cal-state-algebra-is-a-civil-rights-issue/582950
)?
Biggest problem among students today and how you feel it should be addressed?

make friends; go outside. Sorry you had terrible teachers.

If it makes you feel better, my little snow flake, feel free to take it out on me.

Obviously a lot of their shit behavior comes from their shit life and upbringing. Do you feel trying to alleviate these issue to possibly make better functioning students and people in the future worth your time or pay grade?

>I am a teacher in America.

No, throwing more money at the situation does not solve this issue.

Even though I strongly agree that in some cases teachers are underpaid, but when I read that they're going to start increasing teacher pay, it usually comes at a cost of more responsibility of dealing with challenging school districts.

The community at those school districts need to understand that if a teacher feels compelled to not teach their kids, that right there is a sign that they're willing to walk away with $0 than to be treated like garbage.

Even if my old school offered me $100k a year to go back to the urban school district I taught at, I'd tell them to go shove it. I gained a ton of weight, my health declined, and I became an absolutely awful jaded person to be around. Since quitting, my health returned to normal.

Poor white kids act nothing like even average income black kids. You're doing gymnastics to avoid the truth.

>but ask them to be still, not shout, and try to process what you say at a higher level is another challenge they simply do NOT care about.Why would they if they're going home to a broken home where the parents dont do jack, or are unavailable due to working long hours on one paycheck.

Normal behavior and average intelligence are too much to expect from blacks because their parent goes to work? Wow. Imagine how much they'd care if about learning if only mom didn't have to earn money? They'd all be little Einsteins I guess. White kids must have done horrible when they had to wake up and do farmwork before and after school (oh wait, they didn't)

I'd wager a big factor contributing to their disinterest in academic achievement is people like you making excuses for them and letting them pass through with less effort. Why try if Mr. Cuck is going to give me a nigger A+ ( that's a D for white students) anyway? I don't believe you are even around a black population. You speak like someone who has no real experience with them.

That's a tough question. When it comes to identity politics, I get a bit frustrated, because it all comes down to the community and what they want. I am simply providing the service they're requesting.

However, because most of the tax funding is pretty much extorted to the state government, the localities have little say on how it all get appropriated in the end.

I really wish the people who want to aimlessly dump money into urban schools, need to work in one.

see

You're misunderstanding what I said, twisting your words to match your personal beliefs, and lumping me into the category of black footed hippies.

I never said I'm making excuses for them. The white kids I had were just as bad.

meant to say-- twisting my words, not your

poor abused white kids don't have to act like niggers, they're their own flavor of problems and are just as detrimental to the social environment as any other group of trouble children. The black kids have their own issues, like lack of discipline, love, affection and positive attention in their household, so they lash out. The last thing they would care about is giving people what they want or acting with consideration with people around them, because they're treated like shit at home. You're talking like teachers have never failed a single student in their career, just to dodge racial discrimination allegations.

How hard is it to get a cushy teaching job? Teachers in philly suburbs max at 120k a year with a 100k pension. I feel like these jobs are impossibly to get.

Thanks. You nailed it.

Chemistry teacher here. I make over $60k and I'm only in my 3rd year and only have a BS. I don't understand how fucking retarded you have to be to be getting paid less than that to teach

How accurate is this

Attached: Black_School_Culture.jpg (1303x4720, 2.31M)

two words: Baby Boomers.

Read my background. I got very lucky the year I was ready to resign, and the only reason why I moved to a non-union state is because all the cushy union jobs were being held on to by the boomers.

Lucky, some of them retired and my certified area became a shortage. PA has a very strong union and many of those boomers are most likely going to die in their jobs, if not, work so long that they'll get their max salary and free pension.

Because the boomers sucked dry all the wonderful things available, new young teachers entering the profession pay upwards of 5%-6% into their pension, so its a normal retirement account. The boomers didn't have to.

If you're a teacher, start networking. Thats how you score those jobs; however, they are rare.

Also this

Attached: Black_Catholic_School.jpg (773x5554, 1.92M)

What city? You're also a science teacher, so your content area is most likely difficult to fill.

My starting salary was $42k. I am now making $55k, but because Im at a union state, I will continue to get my steps gauranteed. Next year I will be making $65k.

Is “Holocaust Class” real?

How violent are nigger students?

That is a big step jump. I don't think our steps jump that much until like year 10

Yea, I had to cover holocaust class once.

I worked 10 years. When I moved, they matched my salary, and started me at step 8

Do you teach and encourage critical thinking?

>Happen to be black

Attached: 4D32944D-D28A-4171-9508-69E3685795A3.jpg (640x351, 37K)

Do you know if Mass still has a pension for new teachers?

Are you me, user? Literally could claim the same greentext

Yes the holocaust is taught, but I personally do not feel it needs to be a big propaganda event.

When I worked at an urban school, they weren't as violent as some of the other city school districts. Most of these urban students will approach the "line", but 99% of them will never step over them. Those that do, make the news.

The students in my district did start fights with each other, but never assaulted faculty members.

Sorry I can't give you an accurate answer.

Yes, of course. Thankfully I work in a good school district where most of the students can deal with the challenges i give them.

When I worked at an urban school I had to adjust my curriculum to memorization. It was really pathetic.

Really? It can’t have been a whole two-semester course on the fucking Holocaust, can it?

teachers have become frumpy depressed cat ladies, completely lacking in merit, energy/vigor, historical context, intellectual/physical/spiritual health... we need to change this dynamic, immediately, if we care one iota about out children

I'm not sure. Usually Union states have tier systems to alleviate pension benefits that baby boomers enjoy.

I would start searching Mass. Teacher Pension Tier. New York has something similar. If youre a new teacher, you're tier 6, and have to pay into the pension your entire career based on what you get, 3%-6%.

Some of them are able to do it, because their husbands make bank.

Knew a few that drove around in their BMW SUVs. I hated them.

not sure how to reply to this, were you replying to the correct post?

True. Any teacher I read that takes the time to make such detailed posts and articles, are pretty much at their burnout point.

I believe it all.

Leftie morons trying to use snowflake, always looks fucking retarded.

Thank you.
I see that you teach shop.
What is your opinion of the Mike Rowe push?

OP
How likely would it be to teach as an engineering principles type of person to young kids, or real world knowledge(taxes, housing, savings)?
Would it never be possible cause the people in charge dont want to push to change

Why does *merican education suck so hard compared to the rest of the west?

>mfw an actually a vice principal

Attached: me irl.png (480x360, 231K)

>How much worse are parents now vs 10 years ago?
Slight change for me to see, but the 20+ year teachers say there's certainly a big difference. Their claim is social media, both parents needing to constantly work, and more of degenerate single parents. City school I worked at, it wasn't uncommon for a student to be an orphan or being raised by the grand parent(s).

>Are your hands tied in disciplining?
Yes. Severely. In fact, we arn't allowed to give students less than a 50 without administration approval, and have gotten memos about blacks being suspended more than whites. So guess what we weren't allowed to do? Write-up black students, unless there was a weapon or legit criminal activity involved. Students are starting to learn this, and its becoming a huge pain in the ass. Thankfully my school's district has good parents, and most behavior is settled with a one-on-one phone call. But the majority of other school districts, it becomes almost impossible.

>Are black kids a problem or is it a meme?
see>Ever wanted to fuck one of your students but instead just go to the teacher’s lounge and jerk off in the bathroom?
LOL, no.

>Ever thought about being a college professor and taking the easy road instead?
I have, and may consider it a part-time job when I retire. But, right now, I like where I teach.

Becuase there is a lot who browse Jow Forums who don't quite exactly subscribe to the alt-right, but share similar frustrations and maybe interested in a view outside of a political agenda.

How are diverse schools ?
Are they worse, better or equal to a school with a white majority ?

public school or home school?

That depends on where your kids are zoned.

And do you realize that you're one of the useful idiots that push said political agenda, whether you like it or not?
A mindless drone that's too scared to do anything, no voice of his own, with hidden opinion due to being a fucking coward?

You might not be the enemy, but you're 100% part of the problem, make no mistake.

Liberals think we owe everyone the world, and the conservatives think we're the cause of degenerates. So it becomes a bastard child of a fucked up system that doesn't work.

In the end, teachers are stripped of their powers in the classroom, and are being dictated by the highest bidding lobbyists, like banks and testing companies.

>stress to students they need college
>make memes about trades being a dumb persons job
>schools turn in to "college prep" schools and focus highly on testing
>companies start lobbying for more test standards, and become a company that makes tests
>Colleges start receiving tons of state funding, because "muh higher education!"; increase tuition rates, by passing all foundations of capitalism.
>get tons of 18 year olds in so much debt before they can even secure a profession; make perpetual slaves.

The education system has been hijacked by the financial system. Nothing more. I'll let you figure out the rest.

see If you're the parent, check out the school.

Male teacher here in uni to become an elementary school teacher. Give me your best tips my man. I don't have rose colored glasses on so give it to me straight.

are you aware of how Western education was changed from philosophy/classic works/ mathematics basis to behavioral pmodification and memorization in the interwar years by the philanthropy of john d rockefeller jr creating the academic social "sciences"?

Every girl in my family became a teacher mom, sisters aunts etc. they all make 60-75k and full benefits with retirement. With all breaks they might work 7 months a year. This shit the times put out is retarded.

Attached: F52B8FDE-5C75-41FF-B910-53C3A6F5EE86.gif (347x450, 3.34M)

and don't even get me started on common core math- an approach to mathematics that tries not to teach mathematics but rather teach children to obey instructions regardless of the senselessness of the instructions so that we fall behind china technologically and never have a population capable of competing

You really want to become an elementary teacher? you're a rare breed being male.

see
Read the last sentence of my post. I hope you're only in your first year so you can change your major.

Schools do not require a degree in education. They require a college degree with certification in your content area.

I recommend you get out of that major and pursue a useful one.

There are pathways for professionals who want to enter the teaching profession to get certified. A lot of school districts are so desperate, they will help guide you on how to get certified.

your job is to destroy white male students. the better you are at that, the more you'll advance.

yes. Its why I don't teach core classes. I am not bounded to standardized testing and bullshit standards as a vocational teacher.

At my school, there's a 2-4 week combined section of world history/English class teaching it (Elie Wiesel's Night is taught in English).

I actually subbed for one of the history teachers who was on extended leave and wound up rewriting the lesson plan to focus on the victims of Nazism as a whole rather than exclusively the Jews.

Devoted a whole day to the extermination of the Romani, one day to the killing of Poles (Wola massacre, Intelligenzaktion etc.), Czechs, Nazi beliefs and motivations and so on.

Spent two days talking about the crimes of the USSR in the context of why so many in the Soviet Union welcomed the German invasion.

Last day was showing the class photos I took of Bergen-Belsen which I visited while in the US Army.

>Yes. Severely. In fact, we arn't allowed to give students less than a 50 without administration approval, and have gotten memos about blacks being suspended more than whites. So guess what we weren't allowed to do? Write-up black students, unless there was a weapon or legit criminal activity involved. Students are starting to learn this, and its becoming a huge pain in the ass.

Jesus fucking Christ, your school is more PC-fucked than mine.

Attached: mfw dealing with these morons.jpg (2810x1880, 542K)

I work in a diverse school with a large population of .1% children whose parents are university professors, doctors, high ranking military etc who come to the school for the pre-med focused program it offers. My school also has about a 70% african-american background. I actually really like working at the school though, the black students can be lazy but they're not combative except for the girls who will argue no matter what because they are insufferable cunts. Black guys tend to be pretty chill and enjoy when you shut someone down but are also friendly and pass jokes around as long as you can take the heat back in jokes.

Even with summers, why are teachers getting burned out? Why are they only lasting 3-5 years.

To a certain extent I believe on people's choices and you reap what you sew.

At good schools, it is a great gig. But the majoirty of schools, you're pretty much dedicated to the school. You're taking home a lot of work outside of your work hours.

It's also a profession where if you take a day off you're pretty much fucked for 2 days. When I got sick, I still worked. I would never call in sick unless I genuinely cannot get out of bed. There were times, I was told to go home for being sick because I refused to take the day off.

>Fighting the Jewish lies
You’re alright, Dixie

how often do your female students hit on you? How often do their single mothers hit on you?

do you have a mortgage?
who is your insurence provider?
what grade do you or have you taught?
what are your hopes for the future and what are you doing to put that in our youth today?
have you ever yelled at a student?

>all are women
>I'd wager all are single mothers
there is your life choices that created your poverty

>You might not be the enemy, but you're 100% part of the problem, make no mistake.

ok.

Stupidest thing you've been asked by a student?

not single mothers.

see

I don't trust male teachers. Its taking a job away from a woman. Its like being a secretary or a bank teller. Why would a man spend all day in a room with children? Where ia the satisfaction in that. Being outdoors, male bonding- yes. Coaching athletics- yes. Its a pretty gay progression for a male. Someone who can't do a males job in society.

Was there ever a student that was so hot that you had to take a day off before you cornered her after class and ravaged her?

Pay = / = amount of work and stress involved with the job.

I doubt it.

> muh vocations
you're extremely naive for a teacher, that is evident. Since you're "vocational", that seems to be expected. You really seem to lack any understanding of the bigger picture and are just a pawn to sap a cushy easy paycheck because you're lazy yourself. Just because you're willing to host an AMA, doesn't make you qualified to give one, and thus the low quality answers.

This AMA is shit, and you're shit. One day you will open your eyes and see the truth. The reality is that you ARE apart of the problem and have always been. Your answers are nothing more than passive attempts to show direct control over solving nothing. You don't see it because you are unable to see it. "Im just doing muh job" boomer shit talk and "conspiracy talk kek". The only conspiracy is YOU unable to provide any stats to prove otherwise. Pol is a satire of reality because reality is truth and truth is pain and the best way to go thru pain is to laugh.

You are the source of this pain.

Seriously, go fuck yourself and thanks for destroying a majority of society's standards you stupid faggot. Everyone else has to deal with your fucking mess and clean up your shit as you destroy further generations, so big thanks you fucking failure of a man and teacher.

And as always, OP is the biggest faggot.

Attached: 1525388794348.png (380x349, 77K)

I agree with Mike Rowe to a certain extent where demonizing what you do for work is a wrong thing.

However, even though I hate what Universities have done to education, what really needs to be stressed is financial responsibility. That isn't taught. College is an investment. If you don't know what you want to be, then you have no reason enrolling.

Additionally, the educational system needs to focus more on job skills, than these stupid tests. There's still a stigma attached to vocational studies, and its downright not true at all in today's economy where there are young adults making more than their degree carrying peers.

Thats where I agree with Mike. I don't agree with, "take whats given to you.". Thats how you create a generation of poor slaves who don't know how to negotiate and weave through an open market system concerning how much you should get paid for what you do. Salary negotiation is something that needs to be seriously taught.

Why are teachers paid so much? Your only skill is teaching the content that every other adult in society mastered before they turned 18?

>how often do your female students hit on you?
never
>How often do their single mothers hit on you?
parents rarely ever visit during open house anymore. So never.

That's because your gay

>guy wants to get rid if the 30%-40% of students the students who happen to be black.

Way to go you fucking moron. You just outed yourself as a racist.