Monsanto

Why is Monsanto so unfairly demonized? When you look at how widely disseminated their roundup product has been there's no way it could really cause cancer, otherwise EVERYONE would have cancer. Alsohe European Food Safety Agency, the European Chemical Agency, and the WHO (World Health Organization) all say it's not carcinogenic:
ec.europa.eu/food/plant/pesticides/glyphosate_en
who.int/foodsafety/jmprsummary2016.pdf?ua=1
That trial with the groundskeeper was way out of line. They caved into irrational emotion based decision making when the evidence shows Monsanto has done nothing wrong.

Attached: 20.jpg (960x720, 81K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=g0PDtiOCb-I
weedscience.org/Graphs/chronologicalIncreaseuSA.aspx
youtube.com/watch?v=B-cka5s4AqE
reuters.com/investigates/special-report/who-iarc-glyphosate/
science20.com/david_zaruk/is_chris_portier_the_andrew_wakefield_of_pesticides-227402
weedscience.org/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Attached: Jewish_Monsanto_Family.jpg (768x425, 521K)

The simple answer is that Bayer and Monsanto were competitors when they weren't merged that they made them the boogeyman for Liberals while the rest of us associated Bayer with Aspirin.

The orgs you have listed are all comped. Glyphosate causes cancer and Monsanto is literally Satan on Earth.

>otherwise EVERYONE would have cancer.

Well no shit, almost everyone currently living will get cancer in their lifetimes.

this guy has the correct answer

the term carcinogenic is a bit like calories. it means nothing. various forms of inert carbon are labeled carcinogenic. your a carbon based life form. a burned potato chip... carcinogenic. anything crispy due to cooking... carcinogenic

you know whats not labeled carcinogenic? oxygen. you know what breathing oxygen can do? create free radicals which can... wait for it... wait for it... wait for it...cause cancer

That's not true. The lifetime risk of developing (not dying from, just developing) cancer of any kind at any site is still only in the neighborhood of 30-40%. You're more likely than not to never develop cancer for the entirety of your life.

/thread

Attached: large.jpg (432x521, 45K)

youtube.com/watch?v=g0PDtiOCb-I

Attached: 1509718989513.jpg (669x366, 42K)

How does the term "calories" mean nothing? They're a pretty reliable measure for predicting weight loss in a large body of formal studies comparing different people and different kinds of foods amounting to equivalent calorie consumption.

Because they've lied to the public in the past about the effects of surfactants in their glyphosate mixture. In case you're too retarded to look up the 8000 lawsuits they're undergoing right now, the upshot is surfactants cause cancer, and if you go to www.poisonpapers.org, you can find the letter that Monsanto sent out to its salesmen, instructing them to keep farmers using their surfactant-based product because they didn't have any repalcement for the cancer-causing herbicide.

Also, they tried to bribe my government's officials to let their bovine growth hormone into my country.

Also, they sell GMOs to 3rd world countries knowing full well the GMO crops will spread like a contagion and contaminate fields there.

Also, GMO crops lead to herbicide resistant superweeds like horseweed and pigweed that have trunks as thick as baseball bats and clog up even heavy farming equipment.

Also, they run literal psi-ops, paying researchers money to promote their products and settings funds aside to pay people like you to troll online forums in defense of Monsanto.

Sure, Dupont and the other GMO majors do shit that's equally as bad, but Monsanto's a goddamn trend-setter in terms of being evil incarnate.

Now that we're done here, I'm saging your shit thread. You should have done a little research before running your mouth like an imbecile.

Attached: 1533252890160.jpg (655x643, 79K)

>Also, GMO crops lead to herbicide resistant superweeds like horseweed and pigweed that have trunks as thick as baseball bats and clog up even heavy farming equipment.

Attached: 4db.png (860x650, 62K)

I'm glad you asked, Eric from Monsanto marketing. I happen to run a hedge fund that invests in part in the US Agribusiness industry. I know all your dirty little secrets, and I think I'll even go ahead and report your thread before heading back to the catalogue. Enjoy crying yourself to sleep when your boss fires you for mishandling this astroturfing opportunity:

>increase in herbicide resistant weeds
weedscience.org/Graphs/chronologicalIncreaseuSA.aspx
>first-hand account in the news
youtube.com/watch?v=B-cka5s4AqE

The "research" has, for a long time, almost unanimously pointed towards glyphosate NOT causing cancer. That's what makes this recent groundskeeper case so controversial, they're ignoring the actual evidence
The IARC manipulated already published studies and changed their content to make it look more like glyphosate is a potential health risk:
reuters.com/investigates/special-report/who-iarc-glyphosate/
And then one of the members of the IARC group turned around and accepted over $150,000 in "consulting fees" by one of the lawfirms suing Monsanto:
science20.com/david_zaruk/is_chris_portier_the_andrew_wakefield_of_pesticides-227402
You're falling for IARC propaganda.

For me, it's the Roundup ready corn.
Killed about 30% of the town I'm from.
They did a trial run to grown the corn. They told the farmers it was fine to eat and the "not for human consumption" signs where a government order precaution.
The trial was to make fuel with the corn and animal feed. Well because Monto said it was okay the family of the farmers started eating it, the mayor of the town started eating it as well to prove to everyone it was safe.
Everyone from the farm is now dead, the mayor is dead, the livestock fed the corn is dead, all died of cancer.
My deceased wife was the daughter of one of the farmers so she was eating the corn. She died of cancer. I refused to eat it. I'm fine. Only the people that refused to eat corn are alive without cancer now. Nothing can be grown on the land, it's fucked. Only fuel crops can be grown on neighboring farms.

because they pollute the oceans

>weedscience.org/
Nice unbiased source there leaf.

Your first link is just a graph showing an increase in herbicide resistant weeds over time. How is that proof this is being caused by some sort of Monsanto product or practice? And your second link is apparently some video about an anecdote.

Try harder

No, it's you who needs to try harder since you've accidentally posted a line graph showing an increase in herbicide resistant weed over time and a video of an anecdote when what you were supposed to do was post evidence.