Has vaping become a huge problem with the youth? Especially with things like JUULs

Has vaping become a huge problem with the youth? Especially with things like JUULs.

Does it need regulation, Jow Forums? I need Jow Forums's expert knowledge on this important issue.

Attached: nintchdbpict000298577841.jpg (960x640, 53K)

Other urls found in this thread:

cdc.gov/tobacco/basic_information/e-cigarettes/Quick-Facts-on-the-Risks-of-E-cigarettes-for-Kids-Teens-and-Young-Adults.html?s_cid=osh-stu-home-slider-004
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4363846/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Of course it needs regulation. It makes you look like a massive fucking faggot.

How about parents keep their eyes on their kids? If my dad had caught me with a pack of cigarettes before I was 18 he would have beat my ass. There isn't anything wrong with the cat and mouse game but c'mon watch what the fuck your kids are up to.

Attached: 1423457375667.gif (200x200, 3.31M)

Is there any evidence that vaping is bad for the lungs or unhealthy in any way? Nicotine is good for you, so if the vapor is neutral to health then it's great that the youth are back to using nicotine.

stfu faggot

Why would you regulate something that's not harmful, you turbofaggot?
I don't even care if it's got nicotine; nicotine isn't harmful, it's just addictive, but who cares if they get addicted to something non-harmful?
When I was a kid I was addicted to plenty of things, wasting my dosh on worthless pokemans cards for one

It helped me quit cigarettes.
However, I now smoke them(Marlboro mark 10) , five times as much as a regular cigarette.

They are twice as expensive.

However , nicotine is really not the best . I would say , something should be done to study long term effects.

But regulation , no . Government shouldn’t be spending time on this.

The main problem with vaping is that it isn't 16-18 year olds with dads. Its the 12 year olds without dads or weak parent figures that buy them whatever they want and let them do whatever they want.

You have to have some respect for your dad because he tries to stop you at least.

nicotine is a highly addictive substance

smoking causes cancer

this

air is a highly addictive substance

living causes death

Sage

Certainly. I can get on board with that. We're still standing on the same set of fundamentals that keep this shit out in the first place. You are correct that without the structure then yeah you have your kids doing questionable or retarded shit. This just can't be helped for now, it sucks. I grew up in a divorced family and was able to make the mistakes in the right way to teach me the lessons I needed. I would never want to put my own children through that.

Attached: 1419648728834.jpg (225x225, 9K)

At least they’re not smoking.

Attached: thatsbadmkay.jpg (900x542, 105K)

nicotine on its own isnt that addictive. its the additives in tobacco that make it more addictive

The convenience of a vape can make some people go hog wild. Just saying. If you have your shit straight you should be using a vape to ease yourself away from smoking fags.

Nicotine isn't really the problem. If it was, then nicotine gum/patches would make sure that anyone who wants to quit smoking could easily do so.

>My opinion matters while I cower and hide behind a memeflag

Vaping can help you quit better than patches, etc. because it is a similar delivery mechanism to cigarettes and the habit of smoking is a big part of addiction. It is also much easier to go with vaping than to go without smoking, but that is probably due to linguistic autosuggestion convincing you that cigarettes are "more addictive than heroin".

I've never seen anyone other than 30 something bugmen vape.

Exactly. The whole process is habitual/ritualistic and sometimes taking the time to go outside to stick a cigarette in your mouth is more than getting nicotine in your system. This is how vaping benefits a lot of users when we are discussing how to break the habit.

no doubt the act of smoking plays a huge roll

try giving up and see for yourself

>Heroin isn't really the problem. If it was, then methadone would make sure that anyone who wants to quit opiates could easily do so.

>My opinions matter when I cower behind the flag of a nation who has lost every war its been in

Let the cunts all get wet lung

The US even lost the war it had with itself
TOP KEK

I graduated high school earlier this year and vaping was a huge problem. The bathrooms were filled with little shits taking hits constantly. Extremely annoying when all I wanted to do was to take a piss

The only case I can find is the "Teen develops 'wet lung' after vaping for just 3 weeks". Is there only one recorded case ever?

Same here. Every time I would go to the bathroom there would be at least 4 or 5 kids vaping. Didn't matter what time of the day it was. It would get so bad that the bathrooms would become fogged up with vape smoke

It will pass.

This, I never managed to quit with gum or patches. Gum is disgusting btw. I smoked for 20 years and have not touched a cigarette for a year since I started vaping.
My wallet and lungs are far better, tastes nicer too and no shit breath.

Aww, let 'em smoke.

It's not like they're ever gonna get to grow up anyway.

Attached: CHILD VAPE.png (960x640, 1.15M)

You're sucking in a non sterile vapourised grease, a lot of the liquids are made in china, a country with no safety standards (or giving a shit about) regarding monitoring toxic adulterants ,the chances of it being risk free are nil.

It also looks mega-gay. It's a gateway drug to sodomy & a prolapsed ring.

Regardless of the quality of legislation passed or messages broadcasted to stop kids from doing drugs, there will always be some small amount of them who engage in such activities. I would much prefer that kids who do "drugs" like cigarettes do vaping instead. While it isn't healthy or good by any measure, it's much, much "better" for your lungs than cigarettes.

>a lot of the liquids are made in china, a country with no safety standards
Based Brit knows whats up. That wasn't even a risk I considered with my post. Everyone should be boycotting Chinese products and buying American/European/Canadian instead.

Wtf we used to just hit bong in the bathroom and vape in class

So you live in crazy world?

The real America lost.
Now you live in Cuckistan, land of the coward and home of the morbidly obese.

It's scary that you have no limits on how much nicotine can there be in the liquid. I was smoking for 35 years, now vaping, when I tried juice with 12mg/100ml of nicotine in it it made me physically sick. And juuls have like what, 30/100? It's ridiculous, those doses are a few times bigger than in the strongest cigarettes. You're turning your kids into potatoes. Cancer is one thing, but for fucks sake with such giant doses of nicotine your brain must turn into mush.

>all these kids in here talking about vaping in school
>vapes weren't invented when i was in high school
i thought i was young, lads

they've been around awhile too, I remember trying to use Blu e-cigs all the way back in like 05' or 06'.

What, you mean the natural additives in tobacco itself, which are preserved in vape juice because it gives its high?

We get it. Nicotine is pretty useless without an MAOI, but all vape juice has MAOI shit put in it to give the high.

Stop giving power to the government.

damn he kinda looks like Barron...

Kids are pussies
I remember smoking when i was around 11-12
nobody said anything, i had a part time job and bought my own smokes, so nobody cared.

Attached: 9120Wo0D9lL._SX425_.jpg (425x336, 34K)

This is probably the most concerning issue. I wouldn't ingest anything from China.

Who gives a shit it's literally fucking harmless and this eggplant I just ate has more nicotine in it than most vape juice

>b-but it's degenerate

Gas yourselves nanny state fags.

>gas yourself

Ironic

You live in the worst nanny state in the world you cucked cunt, don't even @ me.

The fuck are you on about you fucking mongoloid non country.

I roll my own cigarettes so I don't get jewed too hard. $44 can of 1.4 ounces of tobacco, I can roll roughly 340 cigarettes with that.

it helped me quit tobacco and i have no problem with it. i feel like i can actually breathe now and i vape everyday.

>You're sucking in a non sterile vapourised grease, a lot of the liquids are made in china

Fuck no they aren't. The majority of liquid is made in western countries. You don't even have to look for them.

I work at a high school. Several students smoke their E-Cigs on a regular basis, and some even asked if I minded if they smoked their juuls in class. Most of the zoomers go for it. Its either a passing meme to make a joke about or its as casual as chewing gum.

AMA

No one gives a fuck, schools used to have smoking sections and the fags in this thread are getting their ass puckered over the logical evolution of that

Why aren't kids using speed anymore? Why use drugs that are absolutely worthless?

$44 for 1.4 ounces? Pipe tobacco comes in 1.7 ounce tins for like ten bucks, but you wouldn't get nearly 300 cigs out of rolling it

The kids have shifted over to opiods these days. Many of the kids I know who have issues such as anxiety or depression take opioids to combat said conditions. Its easy to obtain since its so easy for them to say 'I'm anxious' or 'depressed' and get medicated right off the bat. Plus it helps them stave off their crippling insecurities in the world of internet and technology they grew up with.

While I personally am ambivalent about smoking e-cigs (though its clear from the cancers it can cause due to nicotine that it is a health risk), OP asked if its prevalent among youths.

My point was that smoking has always been prevelant among youths, teenagers have higher rates of risky behavior because they're retarded

>though its clear from the cancers it can cause due to nicotine that it is a health risk
>Citation
>Fucking
>Needed

And I swear to god if you cite that stupid study where they practically set the coil on fire you can fuck right off.

You would be correct. To add on to this point, the self-destructive behavior the young participate in these days has shifted from risky actions such as climbing or fighting to more subtle acts, like substance abuse, rampant sexual intercourse, emotional abuse, suicidal thoughts, or outright physical self-harm. All of which are meant to distract from their perceived unhappy or worthless lives.

tl;dr, kids are just as risky as they have always been, but now the effects are far more rooted in modern decadence

How about from studies and warnings from the CDC/US surgeon general?
cdc.gov/tobacco/basic_information/e-cigarettes/Quick-Facts-on-the-Risks-of-E-cigarettes-for-Kids-Teens-and-Young-Adults.html?s_cid=osh-stu-home-slider-004

However those are more for E-cigs in particular, here is a direct source from a medicine journal about nicotine in particular
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4363846/

Nicotine is not as harmful as popular science says. It has some good effects on human body, it blocks synthesis of estrogen from androgens like testosterone

>The kids have shifted over to opiods these days.
Sad. At least speed is fun and has utility. Opioids are pure useless garbage. Not saying drugs are great, but if you're gonna do em, at least do the good ones.

I have social anxiety issues, and speed/stims basically makes me not give a shit. That is until I've been awake for 4+ days in a row.
Kids these days are fucking soft candy-asses.

33 yo

Never done drugs myself so I can't relate, but I understand where you're coming from.

>Kids these days are fucking soft candy asses
Most of the ones that suffer from these issues, from what I can tell, are soft due to family issues or media influencing their behaviour to take these paths. The environment this country now presses onto the youth is one of complete sheltering, where some can't even stand a few words being said without forcing them into shutdown mode or reacting in a rabid manner. Its not like when you were younger 15 years ago. The culture has changed dramatically.

Mindfulness and NoFap buddy. Good luck.

You probably inhale more water taking a shower than you would from vaping hard over the same amount of time.

It's sad to see young people so timid and scared of threatening things. I understand the anxiety. I have it. But sometimes, you need a little fear to make yourself aware of the planet you live on.

After all, the earth and all organisms on it are ultimately the products of violence.

Attached: OHKO.gif (300x229, 1023K)