Murkowski: FBI investigation into Kavanaugh would ‘clear up all the questions’

Republican Sen. Lisa Murkowski (Alaska) on Tuesday said an FBI investigation into sexual misconduct allegations against Brett Kavanaugh would "clear up all the questions" surrounding the Supreme Court nominee.

“It would sure clear up all the questions, wouldn’t it?” she said when asked if there should be a further FBI investigation into the nominee's past.

“Would sure clear up all the questions, wouldn’t it?” Sen. Murkowski says when asked if there should be further FBI investigation into Judge Kavanaugh’s past.
— NBC Politics (@NBCPolitics) September 25, 2018

I just asked Sen. Lisa Murkowski, key GOP swing vote, if there should be a full FBI investigation into allegations from Kavanaugh’s past. “It would sure clear up all the questions, wouldn’t it?” she said
— Manu Raju (@mkraju) September 25, 2018

Murkowski, along with GOP Sens. Jeff Flake (Ariz.) and Susan Collins (Maine), is considered one of a few potential swing votes in Kavanaugh's confirmation process.

Attached: murkowskilisa_072618am_lead.jpg (640x360, 39K)

Other urls found in this thread:

thehill.com/homenews/senate/408258-murkowski-fbi-investigation-into-kavanaugh-would-clear-up-all-the-questions
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Senate_election_in_Alaska,_2010
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Democrats began calling on the FBI open an investigation after Christine Blasey Ford publicly accused Kavanaugh of sexually assaulting her at a high school party in the 1980s. Republicans have largely said that an FBI investigation is unnecessary and that it is up to senators to determine whether Ford is telling the truth.

Ford has said that Kavanaugh pinned her to a bed and tried to remove her clothes. Ford and Kavanaugh are scheduled to testify Thursday in front of the Senate Judiciary Committee on those allegations, which Kavanaugh has flatly denied.

Senate Democrats are also investigating a second allegation dating back to Kavanaugh’s freshman year at Yale University, The New Yorker reported on Sunday. Deborah Ramirez told the magazine that Kavanaugh thrust his exposed penis in her face, causing her to touch it without her consent at a party in a dormitory.

Kavanaugh has also denied that accusation.

thehill.com/homenews/senate/408258-murkowski-fbi-investigation-into-kavanaugh-would-clear-up-all-the-questions

What kind of investigative powers does the FBI even have over something that might have happened 35 years ago with minors

>Kavanaugh pinned her to a bed and tried to remove her clothes.

you cant do both

It was pretty obvious from the get-go that the Republicans would cave.
They're fucking pussies afraid of damaging their social status with the title "rape apologist" despite this case having zero legs to stand on.

none, as it isnt a federal crime, therefore not their jurisdiction.

but they want an fbi investigation because itll stall the vote

>literally relying on two white women to confirm your white, privileged catholic good boy onto the highest court of the land

kek it's over no way collins is giving up her career for the rapist. pack it up, Jow Forums

This would be a clear violation of the statute of limitations. Anybody suggesting an official investigation into it should be drawn and quartered because that's a slippery fucking slope you don't want to go down. It's not even a baby step in the wrong direction. It's a giant leap towards the abandonment of due process.

Attached: 1500637691669.gif (500x279, 127K)

Fuck this bitch, Colin, and Flake. Fucking cuckservatives.

They dont care, they already have us assuming guilt before any evidence is shown, so whatever at this point

>none, as it isnt a federal crime, therefore not their jurisdiction.

wrong the FBI does background investigations for all executive branch hires. a background investigation into whether he sexually assaulted and raped women in his adolescence is completely relevant to the nominee's character and ethics.

the FBI investigated anita hill's accusations of sexual harassment against thomas.

Those allegations were recent. This is 35 years ago.

I agree

fellow 4 channer

press enter twice

for a single line break

Attached: 1522687140540.gif (1221x768, 699K)

>electing women
Alaska is just as cucked as California

Right. Fbi investigation is going to take 5 years to finish. Of course they must hold off on swearing the man in until the fbi finishes their probe.

>muh due process

there is literally nobody charging kavanaugh with a criminal or civil case. there is no due process due here.

democrats are calling for an FBI investigation into the nominee's ethical and moral character, which the executive and senate is supposed to take into account when voting on judicial nominees.

>calling for a 7th background check
Ftfy

Alaska is conservative and has been for decades you dumb shit.

They have no evidence with which to conduct an investigation lasting longer than about 3 minutes. What’s the point?

>”so uh, we heard you did a thing”
>”nah, b”
>”and thus concludes our investigation”

retarded cunts can't be more than retarded cunts, ever.

why is Jow Forums mad at democrats anyway? it's literally two white, republican women that are the deciding votes on kavanaugh. republicans only need their votes to push him through without any democrats.

Kavanaugh isn't an executive branch hire idiot

>Those allegations were recent. This is 35 years ago.

the IRS has a record of every single penny you've earned since you started working. how stupid do you think federal agencies are? hell, look at how much information is on your credit reports. finding whether kavanaugh raped these women is so easy, the failing new york times is doing it

>electing a female senator who may vote no
Might as well be Kamela Harris

>They have no evidence with which to conduct an investigation lasting longer than about 3 minutes. What’s the point?

>mr. kavanaugh did you attend georgetown prep in 198123?
>mr. kavanaugh, did you consume alcohol throughout your time at georgetown prep?
>mr. kavanaugh, did you ever attend parties with alcohol present?
>mr. kavanaugh, did you ever come into physical contact with intoxicated women present at said parties?
>okay you don't recall, what are the names of some friends and acquaintances throughout your time at georgetown prep who may recall?
>remember, mr. kavanaugh, you are under oath and it is a federal crime to lie to the FBI

come on, kid, at least try. the FBI has the power to compel the production of documents and compel testimony under oath. news reporters can't do either of things so the FBI can easily find things news reporters can't

>sexually assaulting her at a high school party in the 1980s
Which fucking year was it then?

They could find out the exact date and location of the party to confirm whether or not he even could have attended for starters. If the party was on July 7th, and he can prove he was out of town at leadership camp or something it’s case closed.

>Kavanaugh
>SCOTUS nominee
>the FBI does background investigation for all EXECUTIVE branch hires.

wew, lad.

Attached: 1532689061390.png (625x773, 110K)

president trump literally interviewed and hired kavanaugh for the job. the FBI's job is to do background checks for everyone he hires

So, is she planning on retiring from the Senate, or is she simply not in tune with how every straight male is reacting to this charade?

Why are these tards pushing for the FBI investigation? So they can say nobody under FBI investigation should be on the Supreme Court? What gay shit is this?

The senate doesn't decide if there is an FBI investigation, Trump does, and he is not going to ask for one.

>muh vagina
This is why walking holes do not belong in politics.

Not if you beat her up first...

The FBI already did multiple background checks on him you dingus.
There is no reason for another one, and the FBI already said it won't do another one.

those allegations were a federal crime that took place in a federal workplace
this is a not a crime that took place at an unknown place and time that would never fall under federal jurisdiction
are they even allowed to just investigate whatever

"""""republican""""""

>FBI Investigation Begins
>All witness statements say no
>No physical evidence
>Only one roastie who won't go under oath
>Literally can't remember dates
>FBI Shrugs
>"He's good"
>Investigation lasts a day
It's honestly a waste of time even if they wanted to, but they already declined and would have to have the WH tell them too.

WE NEED A SPECIAL COUNSEL INTO KAVANAUGHS HIGH SCHOOL DATING HISTORY

nor does the senate have to confirm his nominee. murkowski and collins are looking like they will vote no on kavanaugh. he's finished

That is literally the only reason. The Republicans delayed Obama because they had the power to do so. The Democrats don't have that ability so they're shrieking like retards and for some reason the Republicans are giving them the floor. Anyone trying to delay his vote by means of outside forces should be removed themselves.

I would like the FBI to investigate Sen. Dianne Feinstein's ethical and moral character. I question the numerous and significant financial ties to the hostile Chinese communist regime. I would like the FBI to investigate the quality of neocon warhawk Dianne Feinstein's character, whether or not she's ever brought Chinese and Israeli spies into her inner circle for decades.

Collins strongly suggested she'll vote for Kavanaugh if Ford doesn't show up or if her testimony is unconvincing

can the president really just have the fbi go investigate whatever the hell he tells them to? even a non-crime like this? This type of power is the type of thing Dems would be hysterically freaking out about if he actually used it in sensible ways so I'm finding it hard to believe he has it

The president can tell the fbi to do whatever he wants.

>WE NEED A SPECIAL COUNSEL INTO KAVANAUGHS HIGH SCHOOL DATING HISTORY

that would be a good one. he claims he was an incel until after high school. however, this seems completely contrary to his jock football player reputation. nobody with more than a brain cell believes kavanaugh

HAVE ROSENSTEIN EXPAND MUELLERS RESPONSIBILITIES AT ONCE

The FBI has already thoroughly checked Kavanaugh's background. He's already a Federal judge, confirmed by the Senate.

I think I will give the FBI a civilian submitted tip on this. If enough people do it then maybe some rank and file will take this on, just for shit and giggles.

Well the FBI falls under their administration, yes. And they could launch an investigation, but honestly Murkowski is using this as a ploy to say she atleast tried to her Womyn. Otherwise it'd look like she was trying to push away the "abused".

Most likely the FBI would "investigate" into what they could likely do vs not do, and with little to nothing actionable they'd literally only be able to say "pass", which they've already done twice already.
McConnell needs to bust into her office and tell her to stop the charade. The FBI isn't some magic time-travelling police force, and this crime, if it even was one, would fall under local jurisdictions.

they need every single white man republican vote and BOTH collins and murkowski. murkowski is already asking for an FBI investigation. kavanaugh isn't happening. collins and murkowski are giving up their careers for a rapist

lmao RNC is such a fucking traitor party

This entire thing has turned into a shit show, the longer this drags the worse it's going to be. Death threats on both sides, accusers lining up, blackmail behind the scenes, threats of bankrolling opposition to anyone who votes to confirm.
I think it's fair to say that we're at the end game of our republic.
Political polarization, economic asset bubbles galore financed on debt. We're sitting on a barrel full of dynamite.

You are talking about jews tracking money vs 35 year old sexual assault allegation with no evidence

Er you are aware what the 'in' in 'incel' stands for?
Incel is not a synonym for celibate. Don't remember Kavanaugh claiming that he was a virgin because he couldn't get laid.

They actually don't, the Senate can vote on it minus the committee's vote. Theirs is just to make the recommendation. If it got tied there, the Senate can still vote, and with Mike "No Ohms for the wicked" Pence as a tie-breaker they could still pass it.

FBI needs to go tot he old rape house and dust for clues.

Bitch needs to fucking get with the team. FBI already declined to investigate. Ford will probably flake out of testifying.

Approve Kavanaugh, or get your ass voted out of office.

>>Kavanaugh is vocel not incel
This.

>the FBI can easily fabricate things that you can’t

>Trump selects rapist Kavanaugh
Might as well have selected Bill Clinton

But technically he already has and Kavanaugh passes with flying colors, multiple times.

No, they need 50 votes, the GOP has 51 Senators. If Murkowski votes against Kavanaugh, Pence will break the tie

His defense should be to hold up two blown-up pictures, one of himself and one of her in highschool, side-by-side.
>I mean, come on, look at her

If she doesn’t confirm her career is finished.

I haven’t seen Republicans this united since before Trump.

They were both federal agents when the conduct was alleged, you fucking fake news piece of shit.

The FBI could interview and collect data and depose both parties. What’s wrong with that. Either Kav’s a sexual deviant or Ford’s a liar. Can’t have either. We I an FBI agent I would be interested to interview the pair.

You’ve never met him. You have no idea what you’re talking about.

if she abstains it would still be 50 vs 49, assuming Collins says yes (she will) as well as Flake.
This is also assuming the two democrats from WV and MT don't, which they will likely vote yes cause they did last time with Gorsuch.

So the GOP are just going to allow Dems and their far left lawyer goons to push forward accusers conveniently after all the hearings and demand FBI to investigate so they can delay the vote. The GOP are completely impotent.

Murkowski won her Senate election without GOP support in 2010, as a write-in candidate.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Senate_election_in_Alaska,_2010

That’s a likely theory. So much politicking here. Maybe Mitch and Lisa agreed to this narrative so they can both squeeze out a win out of this. The media plays a very mean game of chess

>FBI: were you at the party in Maryland between 1982-1983. we're not really sure. It was at that house with the stairs

>Murkowski

its like (((they))) don't even try to hide it anymore

What data could they possibly collect? The allegations are 36 years old and don’t have a place, and the 4 eye witnesses Ford places at the party deny remembering it, including a lifelong friend, in sworn statements subject to prosecution for lying.

Ford didn’t name Kavanaugh until 2018, andhas contradicted her therapists 2012 notes twice.

That’s enough for me, this likely didn’t happen and the FBI is even less likely to prove that it did or didn’t.

You raped me

Attached: fbi.jpg (974x269, 60K)

>no meme tabs

He was talking about Collins, but any republican who doesn’t vote for Kavanaugh is finished.

He testimony is fucking pointless. HOLD THE FUCKING VOTE

Many Poles have last names ending in -ski. People with -sky last names are kikes (same with -mann (German) vs -man (Jewish)).

You are so fucking retarded

Rinos are the same shit as demcucks you fucking retard. They're basically I'm bed with each other

The statute of limitations exists for a reason.
If I accused someone of something they did 30 years ago, how the fuck do we investigate it?

Why the FBI? I don't get it.

>4 eye witnesses Ford places at the party deny remembering it, including a lifelong friend, in sworn statements subject to prosecution for lyin

Can you help me by providing a citation.

That’s unhelpful. At least support your assertion.

And he'll answer - Yes, possibly, possibly, no, I don't know. Then what? It's the same shit as what the other user said you fucking faggot shill. Kill yourself you nigger.

There is no data to collect because it's a baseless accusation. Even if it was true, how can she prove it? There were no cameras, witnesses or recordings to back up her bullshit accusation, therefore you are fucking retarded, since you think an FBI investigation would be able to prove she's not a fucking liar.

>grope some girl
>rape
playing fast and loose with definitions here.

Calm down Duane, I think it could prove that she is a liar.

Because theyre compromised and the dems are desperate to postpone the vote until after the blue wave(tm)

>the FBI investigated anita hill's accusations of sexual harassment against thomas.
because A) it was recent at the time and B) they were both FEDERAL employees at the time therefore the FEDERAL bureau of investigation had jurisdiction

for fucks sake I am a bong and here I am educating you about your own fucking system

I knew this stupid bitch along with Collins and Flake were going to vote no.

It’s PJ Smyth , Mark Judge, Leland keyser ( who is Ford’s lifelong friend and denies knowing Kavanaugh) and the fourth is Kav himself.

Her letter says there were 4 others meanings there are no more potential witnesses.

I have citations, but pol won’t let me post them bc it thinks it’s spam, look it up and see for yourself.

Thanks.

After the fbi tried to soft coup trump out of office, how can you trust them to be fair? Feels almost like fbi is the dems oficial enforcer

Your welcome, you can read the letter by googling cnn read ford’s letter.

The other one’s come up if you google their name and deny allegations.

Or something like Ford’s friend denies allegation.

We may be in trouble. Having been born and raised in Arizona, and worked many years in Alaska, I am more qualified to comment than most.
Flake is a Mormon Mafia Rino, and Murkowski is a Polish Mafia Rino.
Both are heavily backed through donations by Pharma, who's main "baby" (pun intended) is the abortion on demand pill which Blasey developed, and Kavanaugh will shoot down.
there are hundreds of millions of dollars at stake here in abortions services and related pharma.

Attached: 20171011_164114.png (1210x1958, 1.03M)

So what? The FBI is gonna show up and order the supposed witnesses to say the events happened or promise to Waco their entire family, Hillary style?

The problem is the FBI has NO CREDIBILITY.

Your average Republican and probably a good chunk of Independents don't trust the FBI as far as they could throw the fucking FBI offices.

There's no doubt that, any "investigation" initiated would be slow-walked by the Deep State, smokescreened constantly, and have a repugnant amount of mission-creep where suddenly Kavanaugh is under investigation for some old political donation or not dotting an "i" on his taxes or some shit and suddenly it's another 2 weeks of this rigamarole.

The Republicans should have thrown this away as soon as it reared its head and voted with Kavanaugh out of solidarity. As it is, the only thing keeping these limpwristed faggot senators barely in line is the midterms pointed right at them.

The only hope we really have is that if they cuck, they're gone. No questions.