CIC - REAL PRICES thread

I accepted the challenge and took a bunch of pictures off common prices in a Canadian grocery store. The grocery store is "save-on-foods" - a mid-range grocery store owned by Pattison. The store is located in the Vancouver metro area where millions of Canadians live (2nd largest city in canada)

Most of these prices are not even close to the sky-high prices being claimed in CIC threads.

Attached: real canadian grocery prices.jpg (3024x4680, 2.46M)

Other urls found in this thread:

bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-45592997
cnsnews.com/news/article/terence-p-jeffrey/bls-americans-spent-more-taxes-food-clothing-combined-2017
flyerca.com/zehrs-market/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

what a ripoff. what are you trying to prove? how badly you get ripped holy shit

Attached: michigan.jpg (3264x2448, 2.61M)

yea... this aint it

Friendly reminder Americans are SEETHING that we have cheaper food despite being buttblasted by Trump, and cherry picking to feel better.
>Milk - 4.75$ for 4L
>Cheese - 5$ for 400g
>Rib eye steak - 15$ per pound (1 steak usually 12$)
>Chicken breasts - 3-7$ per pound
>Eggs - 2.50$ for a dozen
>Bread - 2.50$ per loaf, 2$ if unsliced
>Butter - 4$ per pound
>Sour cream - 4.50$ per L
>Potatoes - 1$ per pound
>Various staple fruits ~1-2$ per pound
>Various staple veggies ~1-2$ per pound
All prices in monopoly money and for items sold individually. Usually up to 40% cheaper if bought in a bag/in bulk. For instance OPs potato pic for 10lbs is 6.50$ vs 1$ per pound when bought alone.

look what i pay for soda right across the border

Attached: you can smell the freedom through the screen.jpg (1200x900, 478K)

yea, but you see, Americans are fat and the milk they produce is made by injecting their dairy cattle with hormones and other drugs to get better yield. We don't allow that here. Also you're fat.

subsidized hormone and steroid filled trash compared to our pure white liquid.

OP is clearly doing damage control against this BBC article

"The average Canadian family of four spends about $12,000 on food a year. Various estimates suggest families spend anywhere from a low of $140 a week to roughly $230 a week on food."

bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-45592997

The prices he posts are from the far north. It costs a fortune to buy anything up there so prices are retardedly high

CLAIMS:

>1 kg cheese in canada is $69 (probably more now)
yes, cheese is expensive. But it's more like 15$ per kilo
>1kg garlic butter $36
i don't know who the fuck is buying garlic butter, but butter prices have been around 4$/lb (10$/kilo) for years. The cheapest I have ever bought butter around 5 years ago was $2.50/lb as a loss leader. I track butter prices very closely since we eat so much of it.
>1kg cheap frozen salami $65
i buy salami fairly regularly, it used to be around 15$ for 1 kilos at costco, but in recent years has been between 20$-25$. 65$/kilo is totally absurd.
>1 rib eye steak $90
I highly doubt it but didn't take a pic of this. Steak is very cheap in Alberta but more expensive here.
>1L sour cream $20
It's under 10$ but I don't have a pic
>dozen eggs $7+
I took a pic where they are under 3$ but I usually buy high quality eggs for just under 5$/dozen. This price is the closest to reality.
>1kg chicken breast $35
I have a picture showing it on sale for 9$/lb or 22$/kilo
>24 of beer $60
also not sure far off, a 24 will run you around 45$

The HIGH prices showing were most likely up in the Yukon or NWT where food is shipped in and it's costly...but everyone makes six figures for having to live in such a shithole.

T. Cucknadian

Where I shop you can get 24 cans of coca cola for around $6,80

you know why it's so cheap right? (((they)) want you to drink it. Now we all know you're a fat soda drinking 5:04 boy.

american milk is total shit. When i lived in America I bought Royal Crest or Horizon which are both around 5$/gallon. Fuck your pus milk.

those are from fucking ontario i know because ive been there and i zoomed in on the stickers. is markham in the far north? what about mississauga? you guys cant handle having your prices exposed. fucking losers

T. 5 sunny D for five bucks

Attached: united states prices.jpg (750x733, 86K)

They're from southern Ontario

>zehrs.ca

>$65/kg for cheap frozen salami in canada

Attached: $65:kg.png (1626x940, 779K)

>I highly doubt it but didn't take a pic of this. Steak is very cheap in Alberta but more expensive here.

I did
>$86.38 for a 1.4kg rib eye roast

Attached: $90 roast.png (1674x916, 476K)

canada is so cheap that everyweek they clog the costco to buy shit for less than half the price they get it for. in buttfuckyourdogland

im fucking sick of it.

it's presliced you oaf.

that looks like 5 for 5$ of sunny D - on 1$ per bottle. Why do you have to lie to make your point?

i get them 5 for $5 you pay 5 for one leafbitch

Attached: Black Diamond.png (541x720, 778K)

That would cost $1-1.50 max anywhere else

>$66.66/kg for cheese

Attached: $66.66:kg blue cheese.png (486x802, 140K)

Raise and grow your own food stop being a cuck to the system

I only go to the human cattle feeding station aka the grocery store about 3 times a year for the few things I just cant produce

>you pay 5 for one leafbitch
first of all, why the fuck are you drinking that poison? Second of all, I'm not sure i've ever even seen Sunny D in a canadian grocery store. Third of all, you're claiming they cost X without any fucking proof. These threads are pathetic.

countering the lying pole

Attached: salami.jpg (173x358, 14K)

We'll we're fat cause we can afford food unlike you

Beef tenderloin literally costs the exact same in America. It's a filet mignon, it's fuckin 30$ a pound everywhere.

>memeflag
>bragging about american milk
gee I wonder who this could be

All of that is cheaper here lmao
what are you on about?

$7.99 for 400g cheese = $20/kg for inedible cheese

the same shit but higher quality would cost $2/lbs in the USA a 5 mins drive away

>$69.99/kg for edible cheese

Attached: $69.90 cheese.jpg (4032x3024, 1.95M)

looks like I actually did take a picture of steak. Check the OP. It's 12$/kilo for AAA steak.

blue cheese
$32kg Maxi.

Attached: blue cheese.jpg (188x363, 24K)

Blue cheese is the expensive kind of cheese in any country. What kind of drugs are you on?
Also
>product of france
Imported cheese. Yea it's expensive everywhere.

That must a once in a lifetime sale because the absolute cheapest salami is $46.66/kg

>pic related

Attached: $46.66:kg salami.png (1734x1072, 491K)

Attached: Red Grill Beef.png (866x862, 1.49M)

>on sale

Just post the in store prices

Attached: food price sadist make it stop.png (992x858, 1.05M)

It's more like a 45 minute drive.

It's not only not a once in a lifetime sale but its the price you pay at just about any grocery store throughout the whole year.

Crash and burn faggot.

>special
>not on sale

Attached: food sadist.png (800x704, 1.61M)

>presliced

Ok how come anyone can go to any grocery store website and check leaf prices for themselves

>zehrs.ca

>$35/kg for chicken breast

Attached: $35:kg chicken breast.png (1294x854, 595K)

this is the salami literally everyone buys. It's fucking delicious high quality shit, less than 15$/kilo

like i said, this pack is now closer to 20$ since pork prices have been rising lately

Attached: salami.jpg (1024x768, 196K)

Ok here is something not on sale.

Attached: Fresh Chicken Breast.png (647x777, 616K)

Attached: lol.jpg (1288x2074, 443K)

>presliced
what in the fuck does that negate the fact leaf food prices are 300-1000% higher than the western world?

>presliced
The same exact shit costs $1-1.50 in France, the UK, Poland etc. And yes, it is
>PRESLICED

This meme is already past expiry, much like polish women after they've racked 100 BBC. You're carpet cleaners, janitors and servants, much like niggers so it ain't much of a leap to bang blacks. It's almost the same tier.

Attached: pol9.jpg (2665x1490, 1.02M)

chicken breast
$13.62/kg, maxi

Attached: chicken breast.jpg (191x353, 17K)

what the fuck is Zehrs? I've literally never heard of it and there is no grocery store called "zehrs" that i am aware of. Why aren't you using real grocery stores like PC, Costco, Save-on, Thriftys or Safeway?

i don't understand why there are so many Canadian Prices thread? what the fuck? why? Who Benefits from spamming this?

I've never heard of it either.

Attached: Zehrs.png (312x528, 149K)

looked it up, it's southern ontario only.

People have.

>Muh sale prices

You just pass it off as on sale no matter what anyone posts. Literally 1000 times. I'm still blown away people reply to these slide threads

Sage

Attached: Euroweek2.jpg (720x1128, 146K)

>clearly doing damage control
cnsnews.com/news/article/terence-p-jeffrey/bls-americans-spent-more-taxes-food-clothing-combined-2017

you can cherry pick high prices for certain specialty foods in literally any country. I posted over a dozen ordinary food prices in actualy supermarkets, stuff that real canadians actually buy.

No one, polish fag just likes to make Canadians seeth. Literally uses spamming and he should be banned.

he's using the highest prices he can find and playing it off like this is the norm in Canada, they used to post nunavut prices 2-3 months ago doing the same on items that have to be flown in but it was too obvious so they instead now switched to posting daily prices of the most expensive of any kind of brand name bio item off the most expensive grocery store.

yea presliced meats are more expensive, you have to pay for the plastic too. And no one has ever heard of zehrs so your pics from your fake website are fake.

It doesn't matter what you post, he'll blow it off regardless. This is trolling.

Probably some faggy new age food store where they charge people with dyed hair and mismatched genitals twice as much for food.

literally in denial about the 15+ in-store stickers posted ITT

pretty good troll, made me take pics at the grocery store wasting 10 minutes of my time. 7/10

they are posting IGA prices too which is another high end grocery store that us plebs never even go to.

Yeah okay and I pay 1.99 for a pound of chicken

all these leafs posts sales and loss leaders. stop posting sales, post the fucking food prices

Attached: 1534777888340.jpg (960x1280, 284K)

>maxi
that's from quebec

But what do you pay for the Turkey Special?

Attached: Turkey Special.png (663x875, 1.17M)

The truth is this is a dissuasion technique in argueing against him and his proxies because in fact the best prices to post is website prices because stores have to change that much for items. A store price can change through the year and not be up to date but the website price is always up to date.

which is in Canada

Attached: 1508766745517.jpg (249x228, 6K)

you posted photos of loss leaders on sale to 'debunk' regular prices. you are suss as fuck brah, literal disinfo.

does your government pay you or the dairy cartel? who cuts your checks

why is this even something you retards are arguing about? ran out of cheese pizza, pedos?

And no one has ever heard of zehrs .....

Come on man .... here's the proof !

Here's a web site , which is legit with Zehrs in it.
Loblaws bought Zehrs years ago and it's mostly in S.Ontario .

And other flyers from other stores at the top of the page .

Crap here's the site ....

flyerca.com/zehrs-market/

>holy fuck

Attached: ketchup.jpg (1024x684, 502K)

all the prices I posted are either the normal price, or the sale price with the normal price printed above. The reality of the matter is, half the items in a given grocery store are on sale at any given time when you go to the grocery store, and that's what sane people choose from. Online prices are for grocery delivery and are always higher so that grocery chains can make more money from old ladies who can't get to the grocery store anymore.

I literally didn't post a single loss leader.

this faggot literally said the same thing to me yesterday. Curse your mom.

this is a good deal on ham - in canada

they even advertised it it is so good

Attached: ham.jpg (1024x520, 436K)

Well I go to Loblaws. I don't think there are any IGA's in Ottawa. However I do know that cheese prices vary extraordinarily, as there are lots of different types of specialty cheeses and a lot are imported. Therefore cheese prices are no signifier to anything unless they are local and generic of type.

I literally posted that Ketchup bottle for $4.70 on sale, normal price $4.99

walmart

Attached: heinz ketchup 750ml.jpg (224x378, 18K)

actual leafland dogfucker prices from a non bargain bin store

Attached: 1536767350925.jpg (1341x1262, 265K)

Nice try . I've seen that before . And that is not from the Zehrs flyer .

first of all, PC is a bargain bin brand so you are proving how ignorant you are. Second, post the 4 liter prices, they are about 50% the price of those ripoff 2l containers.

13$/kilo for coffee isn't even expensive. That's like 5$/pound US. What are you trying to prove?

don't fall for it, here's the normal Canadian price of 925g maxwell coffee right now

Attached: maxwell coffee.jpg (808x493, 78K)

Here's some rice!

Attached: Some Rice.png (655x721, 681K)

>2
if you buy instant rice you deserve to be ripped off. It's 15$ for 5 kilos of high-quality basmati indian rice which lasts 2-3 months even if you eat a lot of rice like I do.

I've tried that stuff, desu I'm not much of a fan.

or you can pay like... 20 bucks for an 8kg bag of it.

$1.10/kg rice
walmart

Attached: white rice.jpg (220x354, 21K)

who's the real poland

fair enough, you can get regular rice for even cheaper like our wal-mart friend has pointed out here

you should fucking kill yourself

>who's the real poland
Maybe it's the same guy .

I'll consider it for my next consumer purchase.

I believe it, but I wouldn't shop at walmart for food. I'd pay twice as much for brown rice, not from wallmart.

>you should fucking kill yourself
You go first . We'd like to see your technique .

Only Amerifats drink this liquid diabetes.