/ag/ Atheism General -- No Gods No Masters edition

"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful."
--- Edward Gibbon

>wealthier people are significantly less likely to believe in god
pewforum.org/religious-landscape-study/compare/belief-in-god/by/income-distribution/

>64% of evangelicals don't believe in evolution
pewforum.org/2013/12/30/publics-views-on-human-evolution/

>religious people are more likely to be violent, get a divorce, and have unprotected sex
psychologytoday.com/us/blog/our-humanity-naturally/201103/misinformation-and-facts-about-secularism-and-religion

>partial list of all 4,200 religions in the world
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_religions_and_spiritual_traditions

>Richard Dawkins crushes retarded Creationists
youtube.com/watch?v=y8hy8NxZvFY

>Christian cringe compilation
youtube.com/watch?v=F1ibEaIPtMk

>Styxhexenhammer: Atheism, the Silent Majority
youtube.com/watch?v=977MCKS5fUU

Attached: 1535456554994.jpg (477x640, 49K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/zBZH0uoUZH4
archive.org/details/pdfy-Uy_BZ_QGsaLiJ4Zs
sillybeliefs.com/shroud.html
news.nationalgeographic.com/2015/04/150417-shroud-turin-relics-jesus-catholic-church-religion-science/
ajp.psychiatryonline.org/doi/10.1176/appi.ajp.161.12.2303
sillybeliefs.com/shroud.html)
theshroudofturin.blogspot.com/2009/12/shroud-of-turin-is-burial-sheet-of.html
shroudofturinwithoutallthehype.wordpress.com/2013/11/11/heres-what-alan-d-adler-could-should-have-done-to-investigate-the-porphyrins-of-those-anomalous-shroud-bloodstains/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Kys

fpbp
also be careful with this red pill in pic related, it won't go down easily

Attached: shroud of turin.png (1292x8757, 3.91M)

Attached: 1537207306780.jpg (557x711, 54K)

Cucked and bluepilled. Sage

Attached: Christianity.png (800x723, 475K)

pushing that fake bullshit rag proves how far you fuckers will go to make a myth real.
It's beyond pathetic and very much criminal:
>CAESAR'S MESSIAH The Roman Conspiracy To Invent Jesus
youtu.be/zBZH0uoUZH4

>The Dead Sea Scrolls [complete eng translation] - John Marco Allegro
archive.org/details/pdfy-Uy_BZ_QGsaLiJ4Zs

you're disgusting

tldr?

Attached: 1537561763452.jpg (2580x2588, 1.86M)

>fake bullshit rag
>fuckers
>beyond pathetic
>pretty much criminal
>you're disgusting
WAHHHHHHHHHHH
WAH WAH WAH
BAN HIS THOUGHTS!!!!
Good God are you a woman? Can you reason or are you only capable of pathological arguments? Notice how you didn't address anything in my pic. Every knee shall bow, leaf

Attached: jew detected.gif (180x180, 1.38M)

Hurr durr it's origin can't exactly be explained so it must be divine intervention. It's the same rational that makes people believe the Easter Island heads and Egyptian pyramids were created by aliens.

>AmericaNPCs to the defense
Give it up fham. They have been programmed to be christian and they sure as hell won't facts or logic challenge their programming.

See the buzzreply defense mechanism
classic sign of npc programming

How do we get christfags to start believing in space and science. The only bad thing about religion is complacency. Asteroids are god's way of checking on your space program. If the world was about to get blown up by an asteroid would christfags celebrate the extinction of the human race? How do we convince them they are not invincible and god WONT fucking do shit?

>meme flag
opinion discarded

Attached: 1537538526024.jpg (1025x725, 337K)

We live on the stage. Who knows what is watching from the wings.

Attached: 5b965657310479603efb4c651181bdfa.jpg (399x400, 26K)

based and redpilled

Attached: 1531612544660.jpg (900x900, 164K)

Imagine being such a faggot, that having a lack of belief in something is fundamental to your identity.

The Shroud of Turin is certainly the burial shroud of Jesus. It includes markings of His body in it that have been scientifically proven to be caused by an intense and incredibly short burst of radioactive-like energy. The only thing like it is the people whose shadows were burnt into the walls in Hiroshima and Nagasaki when they were nuked. It has been unable to be replicated by modern methods, when even the most hardened skeptics admit its AT LEAST many centuries old (the best dating methods say its 2200-2000 years old.

You obviously didn't read anything in the pic (or outside of an atheist response to the shroud) if you think that its "unknown origin" is even one of the top 5 reasons to believe the Shroud is Jesus' burial cloth.

>npc
>doesn't even read evidence/arguements
Beep boop bop

You discarded OP without memeflag my NPC friend.
Too bad you can't question your actions or you would realise how inconsistent that is.

Attached: 1537825360915.jpg (1000x800, 61K)

How do we get atheist faggots to stop saying that we don't believe in space and science?

>scientifically proven to be caused by an intense and incredibly short burst of radioactive-like energy
I'd be curious to see that scientific proof

Attached: Sam Harris Wisdom.png (637x705, 231K)

The idea that they're mutually exclusive drives me nuts.

Attached: 1537493026275.jpg (463x604, 35K)

>Shroud of Turin
>radioactive-like energy
This needs further investigation
Is the source, or at least additional information, in the image?

Attached: 1537863376302.png (657x527, 34K)

dude...

it is in the pic
the manner in which the image was imprinted into the cloth has been measured to be so shallow into the material that it could not have been done by any paint, spray, blood, etc
Even modern methods like forms of photography and light imaging can't replicate it.

yes fren

the shills are scared

Just give it to me. Surely you have evaluated the evidence before reposting and didn't just save the pic to protect your larp.

Shills bringing out the big guns tonight. Whatya slidin'?

He died for your sins.

Attached: crucifixion.png (1920x1080, 1.48M)

There was a fun thing with miracles, orthodox clergy and Pyotr I. Might want to put it in an OP as a history lesson.
Also, it's fun counting ded relic carcass parts, as some of the orthodox saints seem to have unconventional body structure (17 hands of Andrey Pervozvannyi).

>start believing
They already believe.

>Object known about since the middle ages
>would have required advanced knowledge of biochemistry to fake
> would have needed access to styles of textiles only existed at the turn of the millennium in the middle east

Heh, sure is faked if you ask me.

save the pic to protect my larp? what am I supposed to be larping as? Obviously I didn't make that pic or the posts. The sources are in the pic. If you're too scared to look it up yourself, don't try to deflect by saying im a larp

>styles of textiles only existed at the turn of the millennium in the middle east
What textile is that?

Christian you inbred

>Obviously I didn't make that pic or the posts
I know nor did you read them. Otherwise you could substantiate your claim

>If you're too scared to look it up yourself
So no source got it.

thanks, will take a read shortly.

Attached: 1536180403286.jpg (1024x518, 83K)

Yes. Christcucks are NPCs

Attached: npchristians.jpg (694x463, 211K)

Sorry about the generalization. Guys cmon. There is a reason why scientist are the most atheist groups. The more you know the less you need to fill in the blank with god.

You should not blaspheme the one true God OP. It won't go well for you if you do.

Your atheism is not truth, and one day I hope you will realize how inconsistent and inauthentic it is as a worldview. Know with certainty that in those moments of illumination our Lord and Saviour will be waiting to receive you into His Church with open and loving arms, and so will we.

One day.

Attached: Orthodoxy.jpg (424x400, 79K)

from Haaretz. not sure I want to be like jews senpai

Attached: Screenshot_2018-09-25-17-46-54-1.png (1080x1032, 238K)

Lol its Religion vs. Religion. Christianity's BELIEF in God and what that implicates VS. Atheists' BELIEF in no God existing and what that implicates. Science is used to investigate the world to determine who and what is right or more likely right. SCIENTISTS are people who use science, but are still people who have their own faith in their worldview and like everyone else, an agenda which they really want to be true.

Jesus wasn't even a real p---- oh wait, y'all already know that

>pic related

Attached: jesus.jpg (374x500, 43K)

The type of linen used in the shroud of Turin. The fibers in it are not found in european linen from the middle ages.

repent now. i know you can see the handwriting on the wall.

Attached: 1523857763964.jpg (1400x2550, 1.92M)

sillybeliefs.com/shroud.html

Read this you absolute retard.

>are not found in european linen from the middle ages
That's entirely different than
>styles of textiles only existed at the turn of the millennium in the middle east
And given that europe had extended contact to the me completely irrelevant

>Big Bang Theory
"total legit, I mean the universe IS expanding"
>Simulation Theory
"*hits joint* whoa bro, even scientists are looking into this, it must credible" *tunes into JRE*
>Intelligent Design
"OMG REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE"

Attached: 1537548083584.jpg (531x640, 84K)

>look, mom! I have photoshopped duplicated images of the npc meme on some visitors in a church
>therefore christcucks are npcs
powerful!
Rather are atheists npcs, because they lack the holy spirit and therefore have no idea what they are actually doing. They have no deeper understanding of creation and have no relationship with God.

>The fibers in it are not found in european linen from the middle ages.
Blimey! I keep forgetting that Europeans only invented boats in the year 1913, and before that not a single white man had ever left the continent

Here you go you autist.

news.nationalgeographic.com/2015/04/150417-shroud-turin-relics-jesus-catholic-church-religion-science/

>The ultraviolet light necessary to do so “exceeds the maximum power released by all ultraviolet light sources available today,” says Di Lazzaro. It would require “pulses having durations shorter than one forty-billionth of a second, and intensities on the order of several billion watts.”

The National Geographic isn't exactly Christianity central, btw.

Just how much of a faggot are you?

I'm an Atheist. Fuck this thread. Shits gay af. OP is a faggot, should kill himself.

Have fun fren

Attached: helper pool.jpg (1024x576, 51K)

>There is a reason why scientist are the most atheist groups
Is there a reason why atheists are more likely to commit suicide?
ajp.psychiatryonline.org/doi/10.1176/appi.ajp.161.12.2303

Jow Forums is a Christian board

Attached: 1537738732503827818390.png (722x622, 37K)

you aight atheist boy

>reeeee.exe

Attached: AB200A2B-BEEB-42E1-91EC-BB65A2A91A68.jpg (239x249, 19K)

>There is a reason why scientist are the most atheist groups
Why should a group, who admittedly only delve into the observable and empirical, have any authority on the existence of a transcendental, metaphysical being?

Universe IS expanding. Red shift is enough of a proof that it does just that.

In strong contrast to you, I have no affinity to any kind of sexual perversion such as homosexuality.
I appreciate your question though, since it implies your interest in my personal life.

Proof Christ was real

From previous thread:

1: Christ is a historical figure. he died via Roman crucifixion. This is a historical fact. (see 1 in pic related)
no one walks away from roman crucifixion, it's a 3 step process.
if you survive the scourging and crucifixion, the third step is the deathblow.
they need to pry someone off a cross, so they would smash their head in or stab them through the heart with a sword or spear, or set them on fire, or let wild animals rip them apart.

2: We have firsthand and secondhand eyewitness testimony claiming he visited them in person after his death.
it's written in Paul's epistle to the corinthians.
note, this is not "using the Bible to prove the Bible is true"
it's written in this epistle, but it originated much earlier than the epistle itself, secular scholarship corroborates this (see 2 in pic related)
>3 For I passed on to you as of first importance what I also received—that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures,
>4 and that he was buried, and that he was raised on the third day according to the scriptures,
>5 and that he appeared to Cephas, then to the twelve.
>6 Then he appeared to more than five hundred of the brothers and sisters at one time, most of whom are still alive, though some have fallen asleep.
>7 Then he appeared to James, then to all the apostles.
>8 Last of all, as though to one born at the wrong time, he appeared to me also. (1 Corinthians 15:3-8)
notice that He's appearing to groups, that rules out the 'hallucination hypothesis,' because hallucinations are subjective to the individual.
this creed is also dated to around the month or year of Christ's crucifixion by secular scholarship as well, so that rules out the 'legend hypothesis.'

3: These people suffered severe persecution, torture, and death for holding this view.
which is not something someone who is unsure or knows that what they are professing is a lie is going to do.
(cont)

Attached: 1536609675413-1633727408.png (640x285, 235K)

is christianity the correct religion?

I know. But why would an expanding universe/big bang theory be mutually exclusive from an intelligent designer. It doesn't have to be. One could believe in God and still recognize that the universe is expanding from a single point.

You're forgetting the time period as well, the style and fiber of this linen is 1000 years older than anything common in Europe at the time.

so,
options ruled out as irrational:
A) the eyewitnesses were all lying
B) the eyewitnesses were all hallucinating the same thing at each occurence
C) the myth of this event evolved over time (legend hypothesis)
D) Christ survived the crucifixion

options left:
E) the event actually occured
F) ? ? ?

the only reason to deny option E in light of the evidence is this sort of circular reasoning in pic related

Attached: 1536609858404-1863968649.png (640x495, 186K)

If you want to avoid getting gassed on Judgement day, yes.

Yes

>red shift is caused by increased wavelength (like stretching the waves)
>I have made the earth, and created man upon it: I, even my hands, have stretched out the heavens, and all their host have I commanded.
-Isaiah 45:12

God stretched the Heavens during creation. God also created Light before Creating the Stars. Almost like He created the light in transit and then stretched the heaves. Almost like we would expect a redshift based on this 4,000 year old + account of creation

The scientific consensus is that the image was produced by something which resulted in oxidation, dehydration and conjugation of the polysaccharide structure of the microfibrils of the linen itself.
Not by ultraviolet light.
Can you also substantiate that the image was created by a uv light source?

>However all of this website's (sillybeliefs.com/shroud.html) "Strong evidence against the authenticity of the shroud" and "Circumstantial evidence against the authenticity of the shroud" has been plausibly answered.

>And at least one of the claims is simply false, e.g.:

>"There is no blood on the shroud: all the forensic tests specific for blood, and only blood, have failed."

>The late Dr. Alan D. Adler, whose specialty was blood chemistry, after an exhaustive series of tests confirmed that, "the red stuff on the Shroud is emphatically, and without any reservation, nothing else but B-L-O-O-D!" (his emphasis):

>And significantly, the website ignores the perfect match of the bloodstains on the Sudarium of Oviedo as evidence for the Shroud's authenticity!

>So the real silly belief is those who continue to claim that the Shroud is not the burial sheet of Jesus, when: 1. the positive evidence is overwhelmingly that it is; 2. the negative evidence that the Shroud is not authentic can be, and has been, plausibly answered; and 3. those who claim the Shroud is not authentic do not have an adequate alternative explanation of how the image was formed or faked.

theshroudofturin.blogspot.com/2009/12/shroud-of-turin-is-burial-sheet-of.html

>literally the world's fastest dying belief system
>literal commies are more intimidating--at least they starve people to death
>atheist put the ass up for Muslims.

>be jew
>hate Christ
>shill against 2 billion people
>get rekt

K E K
E
K

Attached: le faggot seal of disgust.jpg (336x370, 35K)

>Almost like we would expect a redshift based on this 4,000 year old + account of creation
Except noone did

thats the point moron. People who could never know what a red shift even is wrote a Creation record that fits what we see perfectly.

Honestly religion serves a useful purpose for society even If it's not true but like hitler said we got stuck with the wrong religion

It doesn't though. Which is WHY noone did
>have stretched out the heavens
Not half as wide as you stretched the meaning of that to match data acquired by secular science

Occam's razor? Why would you need to invent god for something like that.

Yeah, also Earth is 6000 years old and god failed to whoop some iron chariots.

>British Empire
>Christian
Lmao, we've always been pagans LARPing as Christians. You need to be incredibly retarded and have no knowledge of the religion's core teachings (which is only to be expected of a Catholic, honestly) to think conquering, plundering, and enslaving our way throughout the world was motivated by Christianity. It was the exact opposite of that, and thankfully so. A true Christian Europe is what we have nowadays, a cucked civilisation that turns the other cheek and sacrifices itself for the sake of people who can't possibly appreciate what you're doing for them.

Besides
>image listing all the war feats attributed to Christianity
>"Got rid of plundering and tribal-wars"
>the absolute cognitive dissonance

Attached: pagan europe.png (447x678, 391K)

Literal communists are scarier and more common than atheists, if only due to disgust factor.

Atheists are like their belief systems; null, void, worthless, pointless, and will die alone in irrelevance.

how does it not. Light intransit, then stretched. Red shift, boom.

Occam's razor is a guideline, not a law. I don't need to invent God for this one point, I'm saying the Bible's account of creation fits the evidence we're seeing.

I don't. But I do need god and traditionalism to save the West from complete annihilation.

Attached: K5meZsT.jpg (700x600, 79K)

Gtfo kike, true Britain is Christian.
Christian Britain - rules 1/3 of the world
Secular/Atheist Britain - the 3rd world rules it

>worldly conquest
>Christian
Imagine being this ignorant.

Attached: a.jpg (693x390, 21K)

David Cameron is a christian. Cecil Rhodes was not

>denies the fact that Britain was a Christian world power
>calls others ignorant

Attached: 1536525411151.png (573x509, 173K)

Cameron is a jew.

You mean called itself Christian.

Sort of like how Bowden described himself as "a philosophical Pagan" - ie not the turn the other cheek mentality but rather the more common push back if you are pushed mentality. I don't think all christians are cucked pacifists, I mean look at history. I rather try to un-cuck the christian cucks. I mean unless you can point me to a local Pagan church with traditional values? Oh yeah, the pagans all died along with their practice.

Yeah as I said

>Lmao, we've always been pagans LARPing as Christians
Holy fuck that is the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Your ancestors would have quite literally crucified you for blasphemy, for that statement.

Attached: 1536367219080.png (1300x2000, 288K)

>Sadly, I would have to tell Alan Adler that he is not the person best equipped to pronounce on whether it is real blood or not – that so crucial a question should not have been left in so few hands, and that his resort to the bilirubin get-out to explain an anomalous spectrum was hardly in the best scientific traditions if linked to the biblical narrative, and a presumption of excess “traumatic” bilirubin. I would ask him to produce conclusive scientific evidence for the presence of any bilirubin in those bloodstains, much less an excess, pointing out gently that while he was known as a porphyrin specialist, (let’s avoid the e word, it being highly context specific) I was a bilirubin one, and not impressed by what I had seen thus far from his modus operandi.
>Let’s not mince our words. The blood analysis was ill-thought out and frankly shambolic sub-optimal. There should have been initial experiments first on degraded blood of various ages, of various treatments designed to model advanced age, to find methods of retrieving the porphyrins etc in the native state. The deployment of ferocious agents like hydrazine was frankly incomprehensible. One simply does not do that in biochemistry and physiology.
shroudofturinwithoutallthehype.wordpress.com/2013/11/11/heres-what-alan-d-adler-could-should-have-done-to-investigate-the-porphyrins-of-those-anomalous-shroud-bloodstains/

Imho, the Big Bang theory NECESSITATES a creator. All the matter in the universe in an area smaller than a plank length? That’s pure fairy tale.

>Yeah, also Earth is 6000 years old and god failed to whoop some iron chariots.

>I rather try to un-cuck the christian cucks.
That's all fine the problem is if you accept to play this game on christian terms you can't uncuck them because their cucked morale is divine imperative.
Once you accept the christian label the cucks have an authority to back their cuckery.

Called itself Christian. Therefore the British Empire identified itself as Christian and therefore it was indeed Christian. Finally you're talking sense.
I just noticed the memeflag.
>pic related

Attached: 1537637123298.jpg (645x729, 122K)

Amen brother. He is risen.

>the Big Bang theory NECESSITATES a creator
No

>That’s pure fairy tale
It's the most probable current theory. Feel free to prove it's impossibility and collect your nobel prize for physics

he is the test .....MATTHEW 25;35......this is why prostitutes and tax collectors get in before you pigs....Jesus Christ is my LORD and savior.
you
you
you
YOU....GEE REV 18;22 went off long ago TRUMP HAS HIS OWN KINGDOM....mini rooms in the mansion DRAIN SWAMP...hmmm skynet why do CHINA wear doctor filter mask and well at least Obama told us who he was blasphemously.