Cigarettes and the left

Okay so I am pretty sure the leftist and liberals started the Truth campaign back in the early two thousands to fight the evil tobacco companies. Now fast forward to today. Leftist hollywood and netflix has almost every main character or supporting character RIPPING butts the entire movie or series... Wtf is this?. I thought the left were all for demonizing big tobacco.

Full disclosure I hate cigs. Why does the left still shill tobacco in all their big screen propaganda. Its not like viewers are going to care if one of the main characters is ripping butts throughout the movie or not.

Its almost like they are too lazy to write better scripts so they just have all the awkward silence filled up with chain smoking.

They even have scenes zooming in on the cigarette.

Attached: cigarettes (1).png (670x360, 191K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-tobacco_movement_in_Nazi_Germany#CITEREFSzollosi-Janze2001
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

They want to be 'morally correct' but also making money from idiots.

so big tobacco and the left probably have behind the scene deals going, despite the fact that the left started the demonization of cigs years ago.

dang pesky leftists

Attached: i100.gif (427x344, 14K)

bump

Leftists have no coherent moral center. They flutter in the breeze, becoming outraged at whatever their peer groups and media overlords tell them.

It's just a product placement. Even i get jewed sometimes and crave for a cigarette when somebody smokes on screen

What are you talking about? Its the left that created the anti smoking ads. Smoking increases testosterone, its manly acticity. In fact cigs were 100% a male thing until the 60s tobacco ads started targeting women. Something about control over a phallic object made them feel "empowered"

it is funny that after 10 years of smoking being banned inside pubs and clubs, even longer for everywhere else that there has not been a peep about passive smoke related cancers, all those non smokers getting smoking related illnesses they said was from passive smoke and was just as dangerous than smoking. Where are all those stories showing the massive decline in non smoker related cancer and sheit?

This.. Its almost like they forgot all about how much they fought big tobacco and made it impossible for tobacco companies to advertise unless the ad was in the back of some shit magazine.

I hate smoking and hate being around it but with that being said the left's coordinated effort to kill tobacco companies resulted in the government stepping in an regulating the shit out of them. So the left won but now I start to feen a butt watching a stupid netflix movie because they got the main character ripping them none stop.

Im gonna have to wear a nicotine patch when stranger things comes out again because I know hopper will be ripping them

Idk about you but all the millennial nicotine fiends are puffing their hookah and juul.

Instead of Altria getting the profits it’s some s o y techies.

I know the left started the anti tobacco company shilling. But I did not know nicotine increased testosterone.

It was always bullshit. Cigs are not 1/10th as bad for you as they tell you, they're just not good for you either. They'll use someone who smoked 2 packs a day for 30 years as an example of why not to smoke. They won't use someone who eats 5 cheeseburgers every day for 10 years or a guy that drinks 30 beers a day for years on end.

because second hand smoke is just a meme

Smoking (in moderation) doesn’t cause cancer ,all the decades of nuclear testing put billions of deadly radioactive particles in the atmosphere ,if you breathe one in you get cancer ,they had to blame smoking to cover it up

It does increase testosterone but it also lowers growth hormone. Not worth it in my opinion. Especially when youre young, you'll end up with a short and stocky build like Gimli

Smoking is degenerate, people only start out of curiosity and only continue because it's addictive

Attached: 1530412077452.png (680x585, 245K)

degenerate = leftism... so this makes sense.

I think it really goes to show you how much the liberal has morphed into the leftist over the past 20 years. They are of truely a different mindset

This.
I am an on again/off again smoker, and I might try to not smoke tonight, we’ll see.
But I don’t understand why tobacco is so demonized today while marijuana is increasingly glorified. Personally I find weed more addictive and its side effects mess me up longer. I have my own issues with tobacco but it gets way too much shit from TPTB.

>Its the left that created the anti smoking ads.
no.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-tobacco_movement_in_Nazi_Germany#CITEREFSzollosi-Janze2001

I only cave to smoking a butt when I am drunk and around other smokers... With that being said when your netflix show starts and they are zooming in on some hot broads lips wrapped around a butt and taking a big rip,, I am like wtf Liberals!!! You're killing me over here.

The left also supported Prohibition.
Now..
>BELCH I'm drunk Morty

I am pretty sure the liberals started the truth campaign in the early 2000s in USA.

I smoke because of those gay commercials

That is how you know Smoking is for pussy liberals.

I am going to say it...not a popular opinion on a Mongolian Yak Wife Swapping Site like this but...Tobacco, especially mapacho is a very non-feminist plant traditionally venerated by the males of many tribes. It currency as a plant is equivalent to gold.

Should never be used by women...ever..just as hops should never be consumed by men.
The natives knew that some plants are very gender specific.

Tobacco is a sacred plant that only men should grow and use.

freedom torches

Attached: 1F264699-3286-45A1-8695-8E76E6F326B3.jpg (700x482, 88K)

Social engineering. Smokers were the original Trump Supporters before hating on Trump Supporters was a thing. Using techniques like open shaming and ostracizing people.

Cigs are kinda shit. But there’s nothing wrong with a comfy cigar or
pipe once a month innawoods. I smoke a nice Virginia blend or a decent Cuban and bushcraft. Weed and heavy boozing is abosolutely degenerate and circlejerked in society.

Attached: 8EA8493A-BAA8-4234-B862-EB48C98C01EC.gif (320x200, 729K)

I can see that because alcohol increases estrogen.

also depends on the alcohol produced by certain plants.

I have lived with natives of the amazon...they are very particular about who can indulge in certain things.

Certain booze should never be consumed by men or women...certain plant based medicine or "drugs" are not for women or men.

fucking crazy that natives believed in 2 genders and the use of traditional medicines...yet science does not recognize this sacred dichotomy. It is as if the jews don't want us to understand sacred truths.

>Social engineering. Smokers were the original Trump Supporters before hating on Trump Supporters was a thing. Using techniques like open shaming and ostracizing people.

This is true. Smokers make for easy targets to pick up. And usually those types of people are often liberal nanny state liberal cunts.

I have had quite a few people say something like "why do you smoke", etc. trying to shame me.

None of these people would go up to their most flamboyant gay friend, and ask "eww why do you take HIV cum up your asshole".

Unfortunately, smoking is sort of a white trash low-class their hobby in the United States.

In Europe everybody smokes, or at least used to. It's still like that in the Balkans and Central and Eastern Europe. Huge part of their culture.

Have you tried not being such a good goy and just going without the talmudvision?

Presuming leftists are consistent and/or accountable will always leave you confused OP

sin-taxes speak to that end
they'll keep it legal as long as they get a cut of the action

Women started smoking in the 1920s.

It shouldn't be made into cigarettes
Pipes, cigar, and the occasional snuff are the tobacco products worth using

>Unfortunately, smoking is sort of a poor black man's hobby in the United States.
fixed for accuracy. Find me ONE black ghetto that isn't littered with spent Black & Mild filters, I dare you.

But it helps women with social anxiety.

Smoking is not a leftist thing. I quit a while back but there is nothing worse than an antismoker. Get over it.

Simple answer to OP's question: it was social engineering writ large.

Plaster everything with ads and campaign posters and commercials about how smoking kills and blah blah, pretty soon you'll have tons of shitheel teenage edgefaggots and whoever else wants the cool points going full human chimney, all to appear rebellious.

Time passes and you have a generation more addicted to tobacco products than ever. Diversify, then; come up with a way to skip the paper and fiberglass suppliers. Bam, vaping is now a thing. Meanwhile continue to support banning tobacco everywhere, so that the little shit wannabe rebels feel validated when they manage to get away with it.

Ever notice how much social capital cigar-smoking gained once Cuba got embargoed? Exact same shit, just in the longer term.

I smoke a lot in bars here. Only cohiba cigarellos. Grab a 20 pack whenever I pass an airport basically

cigarettes are a symptom of a mind full of conflict
when you want to die but dont understand why you smoke
that is how the left deals with their general hypocrisy towards themselves and their very existence it is how the mind justifies the behavior
"I am most likely going to die so this doesnt matter as much to me"
The moment you find something to believe in is the moment you actually want to quit smoking to stop mortgaging your future for the present

I needed to hear this.

>the left's coordinated effort to kill tobacco companies resulted in the government stepping in an regulating the shit out of them

Taxing them to hell and back. A pack of cigs costs $2.25 to manufacture and distribute. The rest is taxes.

The left will find anything to but their nose into under pretexts of health or safety and use that to tax the industry to hell and back. They are parasites that trick their host into believing it is a symbiotic relationship.

i guess tobacco has so much money, they can grease almost anyone other than a doctor.

>Wtf is this?
maybe big tobacco is a huge shareholder in netflix.

Peaky blinders has me up to 2 packs a day

T..that flag

Attached: 1523398695278.jpg (708x664, 146K)

this
>tfw i started smoking again after five years

Attached: 1533856622045.jpg (422x600, 77K)

I've also noticed that A LOT of the leftcucc's on my campus are also smokers.

cigs have always been a symbol of middle class working spirit since their invention and juxtaposition to cigars for the wealthy

now it's not just a symbol of the working class but a symbol that a cool character might be depressed/suicidal/mental because now everyone is aware of cigarettes as a health risk and a character carrying out a self destructive habit is edgier

this shit is simple as fuck to get unless you have a sub iq

this fag is smoking cigs too fucking lefty why did you let him in?

>100% a male thing until the 60s tobacco ads started targeting women
Wrong.

So fucking wrong.

Lets be honest, cigarettes are used in films and books to display neurotic character traits

Sad thing is I smoked for 17 years and could run circles around each and every one of you.
>tfw not lieing

youre gonna make it user

Attached: 1534955481758.jpg (620x576, 19K)