Could a Universal Basic Income ever work? And how?

Could a Universal Basic Income ever work? And how?

Attached: 1*ReEfOy-THKEI7FgaSESAtA.jpg (1100x724, 118K)

White ethno-state.
Even it would just "work", it wouldn't be worth it.

You have a society of minimally aggressive individuals the majority of which are in the upper 100-105 IQ range. Most of them are producers who will continue to compete, but those who fail to secure a job will happily consume without being nuisances.

no fuck off commie transhumanist we must destroy the AI demon

Dumb white rednecks won't do you any good trust me.

No. Also, even if it did, I wouldn't want it. The state must need us, we can't need the state. Otherwise we will become slaves to it. Bring back the Holy Roman Empire, we must become free men on the land again.

the HRE was a fucking joke, even communism works compared to it

it can work in a household where a man is the sole earner and enforces family rules in a responsible way.
it stops working when the kids hit puberty.

If the amount was linked to some productive activity, sure. For example, if the government nationalizes some industry and distributes X% of the profits generated equally among the population... there would still be incentives to keep production high, and since the amoynt would vary, it wouldn't appeal to most people to try to live solely off this income source.

Oh please give it a rest, they are a minority.

>The state must need us, we can't need the state. Otherwise we will become slaves to it.
This is a boomer meme. Getting things for free has nothing to do with slavery. If the state disappeared you would just find some other way to get paid.

>could communism work?

idk man, its never been tried.

I dont care about efficiency, I want freedom. I want to be needed, not a slave to the nation.

Not without draconian and precise legal control of rent, utilities, and consumer products pricing and wages. Which is a planned economy. No matter what, UBI fucks everyone. You put $1k extra in gibs in peoples pockets and (((landlords))) will just raise rent by $1k while (((employers))) lower wages by $1k. So you'll get double fucked.

> there would still be incentives to keep production high
kek, only for populations in the 100IQ range or more, and even then it wouldn't work too well.
Nigs would be more than happy to do fuck all and the wonder why The Man is no longer providing him gibbs. Whites would slack.

You are a fucking worm begging your master for the shackles of nationhood. The idea of the nation is a classical liberal idea, a cursed idea.

>don't have to work
>get paid
>this makes you a slave
Care to explain?

It will never work you absolute sub IQ nigger, fucking think for a minute. If nobody produces value in your fucking nation then it will collapse

Attached: 1532490936701.jpg (600x524, 43K)

Ubi works if the population is small enough and close enough.

The incentive is in the fact that the amount that would be distributed would vary depending on profits in whatever industry. Profits drop off = no money being distributed. Obviously this would be a partial UBI, not full, and different than how most people think of UBI since it would be more like a company distributing dividends at the end of the quarter.

By entering this free money contract, you must become a citizen, or a part of the state. This contract restricts you the power of the state, democracy, surveillance, and an ultimate submission the financial elite that controls it.

Are you fucking kidding me? You genuinely believe that Communist countries operated better than the HRE?
Stupid beaner spic

Contracts are a spook. Free money is free money. Shit, even loans are free money. Their fault for giving it to me.

Oh wow thank you mr mutt I totally didn't get the concept of more work = more profit.
If you re-read my previous comment, you'll see that what I actually said was that NIGGERS, N-I-G-G-E-R-S don't understand that concept.

You're right. Don't disagree with you there.

well, soon we'll see how it works in a multi-cultural canada. weren't the leafs planning on implementing a ubi system?

If you want to be a slave to the state for the entirety of your lifetime. Commushit will never work. I'm glad it will disappear this century.

So then there's no such thing as slavery until someone tries to put chains on me. Anything less is just words.

Something like UBI could work, except in exchange you have to agree to permanent sterilization with medical proof before you get a dime. Also you can't get it if you already have children, because fuck you I don't want to pay for your little shits.

You could say that religion is a spook, but 6 billion people believe in consequences in the afterlife that shapes their actions. You can't just say suck my dick to ideas, because unless you disconnect, you are shackled mentally.

OP asked if it could ever work, not if it could work with current demographics in the US. And yes, this particular form could (and has) worked.

I already acknowledged that. The guy felt like he needed to "correct"me anyways.
What's with that new attitude of posters to read a single comment in a reply thread and then speak out of their ass because they didn't understand the context? Happens at lease everyday now.

Does it include universal basic employment because you shouldn’t get paid if you’re not doing anything

Anyway, with this system of distribution it wouldn't matter much if the people who currently don't contribute to the workforce/tax base continued not to, or if more of them decided to live solely off of the distributions. The funds would be tied to one particular (or a couple) of big industries in the nation - not tax revenue or something similar. Think profits from oil sales in a nation with a huge oil supply.

Yes it has to work. Once AI and robotics comes to where they can do most human jobs, we will have billions of people with no possible job and incredible productivity from machines- enough to give everyone a basic income IF they so chose. Maybe 2 decades away though

yes it can work and will happen once automation takes over most jobs and a great chunk of people aren't productive enough to employ. They will give the masses bread and circus to keep them docile and those actually working will be making so much money basic theft will be a minor inconvenience.

How about all these trillion dollar Tech companies pay people for the data they are siphoning?
There's your UBI right there...

Bingo, never work on a large population with a high number of do nothings.

>Tech companies pay people for the data
They do. Kylie Jenner for example.