How do you pray?

I'm trying to better myself and more and more I see that bettering myself means finding my connection to God. I was wondering from any Jow Forums Christians, how do you pray? What do YOU say and what do you pray for?

Attached: praying-58f129f13df78cd3fc418722.jpg (768x512, 37K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/fQafeb2Yc5k
youtube.com/watch?v=wwIJ9pRWBpo
youtube.com/watch?v=b8X67h_E7ME
adamford.com/molinos/src/s-guide-20071210.pdf
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miguel_de_Molinos
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gospel_Hall_Assemblies
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Start out with the lord's prayer... then go from there and ask god for help in whatever difficulties you have in life

Sometimes I ask god for help in my head and it seems to help.. especially when you're having a difficult time resisting temptation to do degenerate activities, ask god for help to do right and you will get it.

Thats a start. I feel like a dummie writing down the Lord's prayer as I haven't memorized it yet.

Say this prayer...

Lord Jesus, I am a sinner. But I believe that you died upon the cross for me. That you shed your precious blood for the forgiveness of my sins. And I believe that on the third day, you rose from the dead, and went to Heaven to prepare a place for me. I accept you now as my Savior, my Lord, my God, my friend. Come into my heart, Lord Jesus, and set me free from my sins. And, because you are my Savior, Jesus, "I shall not die, but have everlasting life".

I pray with my sweat. Sitting down in a comfortable office, with the AC on, in your bathrobe, makes a mockery of prayer and is utterly shameful. I pray when I split logs in the fall. I pray when I clear land in the spring. When I'm on my back elbows deep into my piece of shit water pump so my family can have water, when I'm up late at night after the kids are asleep, crunching budget numbers so they can eat even if I can't, when I'm pulling my 4th double shift at work, that's when I pray
At all those times, I say thank you Lord for the blessings you have shown me, thank you Lord for the strength you have given me to endure, thank you Lord for the opportunity you have given me to improve myself.
That is when and how I pray. Anyone who does it differently is an utter disgrace.
FAITH WITHOUT WORKS IS A SIN

As long as you truly believe Jesus died for your sins, accept as your savior and start your repentance. You will start having a relationship with Christ. But, you have to change your ways. Understand were all sinners and were not perfect, but we will always have him when times are tough. I myself have a lot of repentance and forgiveness to ask for. I know he is not happy with me. I know he will forgive me, but there will be consequences as well.

Thats very inspiring user and its clear to me how sincere you are about your belief. Thank you for sharing that. God bless.

Damn, you are a good man of faith. I feel like an ass comparing myself with you.

I really do have to change my ways. I've fucked up so much and I'm tired of feeling this way.

You have a moment user? I enjoy talking about Jesus on Jow Forums cause I know people who believe on here take it serious.

I have this overwhelming sense that I don't belong in this world and some type of belief is the only thing that is keeping me sane at the moment. I want to continue down this path of belief.

Without words, only the quiet yearnings of my heart for guidance.

What is it? Drinking? Lusting of women? Etc?

Here's some help
youtu.be/fQafeb2Yc5k

Bit of drinking, bit of drugs. Mainly selfishness. Some lies here and there. Ignoring responsibilities to people who care about me.

I pushed away so many people who loved me

Yea I hear you, I'm stuck on path where I know christ is there and he truly died for our sins. But I'm putting myself first then christ. While it should christ first then me. For example this past weekend. I just graduated college in may. (Still applying to places) but I went up for a tailgate at the university I went to. Got hammered, met up with this girl I did internship with. She had a boyfriend she's been dating for over a year now. We committed adultery, and I felt guilty cause I know she is a nice girl. And she cheated on her boyfriend and I felt like such a huge sinner. Within a span of a day, I did drinking, lusting, adultery. The next day I felt my soul was shattered. I know for fact Jesus was upset with. Now I have to live it.

>How do you pray?

With deeds.

youtube.com/watch?v=wwIJ9pRWBpo

Just talk , prayer is just talking to God . There are no secret magic words .

I pray for nigger genocide, but...there's just always more niggers. Always. Like roaches. God is a cruel prankster.

IF ANY ANONS HAVE A MOMENT PLEASE SEE little story time and trying to see other anons thoughts.

Pol: fuck the jews!
Also pol: this ancient book written by jews contains the secrets of life!

Jesus really does not work that way , you destroyed your life and hers , you cant go on sinning and have in mind that Jesus will forgive your sins adultery is a major sin

Attached: 1528568202840.jpg (4920x4161, 1.87M)

This guy?
He gets it.

As for you... So what are you going to do about it? Wallow in misery? Throw your pity party? Sure, feel it out for a bit, if that's what it takes. Congrats, you realize you have a demon inside you. That demon is misery. That demon is self loathing. That demon is regret. The more you feel these things, the more of you it consumes. So fight back. Do not be a sheep waiting to be slain. Be the Shepard. Fight back. You know what you did was wrong, so atone. Start with yourself. Start working out. Eat clean. Get your mind right. Why do you have a physical body at all? It's so you can show good what you can do with it. You think God would gift you with a physical form for shits and giggles? Oh no, he wants to see you sweat. Push yourself. Jesus is quite literally an example of what you should strive to be. What did Jesus do? He helped people, tirelessly. He fought evil, tirelessly. He led his life so that he could be an eternal exame to others. That's why I hate the depictions of Jesus on the cross as some emaciated pathetic guy, you really think he actually looked like that? Jesus was jacked, wise eyes, alert, clear of thought and purpose. That's what I like to think of Jesus as. I like to think he embodied the drive of man to better itself. Why would he LEAD if he didn't want you to FOLLOW HIM? You know what you have to do to follow someone? You have to get off your ass and walk! You work, and you are thankful for it. Cause if you aren't here on this Earth to improve it and yourself... Then why are you here at all?

Anyway, /rant. Hope it helps a bit.

Ever since I've summoned a tulpa I don't really need to "pray" per say, just worship.

Oops, said too much. As you were.

I pray in a personal place, as it is between me and the Lord. I pray to the Lord for forgiveness of my sins, and to fill my heart with his grace and love. I pray to him to remove all wickedness from my heart. Know that it is not by your own works you are saved. It is by his grace alone.

Develop your own way to pray. God likes personal time and intimacy. You don’t have to be basic.

Daily reminder the bible never mentioned HOW to pray, only what to say. Praying by standing upside down and waving your hands around, is as legit of a prayer method as holding your hands or using a rosary.

Also make sure to not purposely pray to draw attention from others. Trying to make yourself look more like a Christian is really just a way of boasting yourself. Prayer is a sacred and personal thing.

Just sit quietly and imagine you are talking to the kindest and wisest person you can.
Have a conversation with them in your head at first and later out loud once you are comfortable.
You may have an idea of what you want to discuss but usually you just let the words come from within.
The key is to not think too much, which takes practice.
You will know you’ve done something right when you feel intense emotions and relief when you’ve finished.
God speed user, there is no right or wrong way to love and care.

Sometimes a prayer can be casual. I remember just sitting outside, looking at the stars and talking to the Lord.

You must humble yourself before God. I start off by confessing all the bad I've done since the last prayer. From there ask for forgiveness and tell him what's on my mind. You'll know when God starts revealing himself to you once you feel that presence. The one words can't describe yet is there. Don't pray just to ask for things, pray to let him know you're thinking about him and he will remember you.

God bless (you)

ITT: Schizophrenics talking to their imaginary friends.

What a fucking joke of a board.

Pretty sure that nothing I can tell you will ever exceed what Christ himself taught. That prayer has every depth I can conceive necessary.

>trying to commune with demons
good idea bud

To be quite honest it doesn't matter how you pray as long as you feel connected to "source". There is no special key. You are always connected anyways. Go with your intuitions.

Very true. He gave the perfect answer to the man that asked 'How should we pray'. Nothing I say can beat it.

Attached: 1537883749058.jpg (2028x1553, 1.26M)

"You will know them by their fruits"
Sure, the Lord ultimately decides in the end. But if you think you don't have to put in your own effort, you are sorely mistaken. Or not, whatever, interpret what you will, if you think verbalizing empty rheotoric without acting on it will improve your life, be my guest.

is there still a chance to be saved?

All sins are equal in the eyes of God. All sins deserve eternal damnation. It is by you coming in Christs name you are saved. Many men in the Bible have done many adulterous sins, but they were not saved by their works, but by grace.

Small-mind, we're already in Hell. Keep your book close; it won't do any good but might help your constitution.

in latin on on my knees i say the rosary and daily prayers 4 myself

You are right user, I know he is looking down at me with disappointment. This is not a life I want anymore. I deleted my post cause thought no one would respond. But I really thank you for the time writing.

youtube.com/watch?v=b8X67h_E7ME

The title sucks but I like Derek Prince

I don't.

I heard you think life is a complete fucking joke and you're thinking of blowing your brains out. Tough fucking tits, champ.

I am literally saving your response in my notes.

What should I do about the girl? I know her personally. She is a good woman too, it is just, one thing led to another. Hopefully you have time for a conversation

Let's all pray for death.

Just praise God you are not a nigger. Seriously, he will know you are being honest and grateful. Acknowledging your blessings is the first big step.

>Pic related

Attached: jesus.jpg (720x461, 86K)

God is the big bully in the sky, stop sucking his dick so hard you worthless faggot.

It's not communing with demons, it's just self-induced psychosis.

That's not how Jesus looks like.

And what have you gotten in return?

Is this really fucking Hell? is it really?

You're implying the God from The Bible is in complete control of everything.

I'm pretty sure Christ warned against rehearsed prayer.

Just start a conversation with the lord, OP. Be honest with your words and prayer will take you to a secret place within yourself. Acknowledge your faults, be grateful, and seek forgiveness. Once I started praying seriously, I gained a new appreciation for life. I hope you find the same.

Pleasure beyond reason, an idol, purpose.
Isn't that what we all want? something higher to dedicate ourselves to? Something to worship?
My idol is much more real than yours, the rewards are a sweet pain, opiate like a a cold brand. It's indescribable. incredible. Terrifying. Absolutely overwhelming and addicting.

I do believe I've said too much though.

>The girl
The girl isn't your problem, as far as I can tell. She is an adult, she has her own conscience to deal with. Unless you literally raped her, but, I doubt it.
Start with yourself. You can't fix anyone else's life if you don't have your own sorted out.
If it must be addressed, well, take responsibility for what you need to take responsibility for. Don't take her responsibility away from her though, don't make this all about you, it takes two to fuck last time I checked, and she had a lot more to consider than you did. You both dun goofed.

>and tell an omniscient being what's on my mind

Attached: laughing patricians.webm (1280x720, 1.5M)

Do you really want to know? you shouldn't ask questions you aren't prepared to hear the answer to.

Attached: shrek.jpg (640x604, 41K)

What did you do? you raped some drug addicted hooker's toddler or some shit? i would enjoy blowing a hole in your torso with a sawed off shotgun.

Stop being a faggot and tell me everything you know already.

Small-brain, think past flesh. You'll figure it out if you're brave enough.

yeah you sound possessed and probably are

>Isn't that what we all want? something higher to dedicate ourselves to? Something to worship?

Existence is meaningless and you're a dumb faggot. You want something higher to worship? go worship a big black cock.

This Hail Satan

Attached: 1536360564602.jpg (640x960, 100K)

Possessed is a strong word, it implies it's unwilling. There's a binding, Servitude.

I've said too much already.

which kike do you pray to OP? This one?

Attached: 1535281546397.jpg (663x900, 178K)

I'm not, you're enough of a moron to think you're not God's bitch no matter what you do. You think you're hot shit, dontcha?

We get it faggot, you're a bottom. You love cock. I'm not impressed.

Trust me, the next morning we talked and she said she knew what she was doing last night when we hooked up. We were nothing drinking, yea that does not help either. It was consentul, she just told me in the morning she does not plan on telling her BF. I felt bad, but I know that is not my business. It takes two to tango. I can't live this life anymore, drinking and hooking up with women. Through the eyes of the lord, this is not when he wants. You are right.

>Existence is meaningless
Ooh, first step, keep going. A few more and you'll lose your footing. Don't look up, nothing up there.

adamford.com/molinos/src/s-guide-20071210.pdf
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miguel_de_Molinos
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gospel_Hall_Assemblies

Follow the links and you'll find The Spiritual Guide, by Miguel do Molinos.
I attended a Gospel Hall regularly and fully and took part in their prayers, even said some of my own which was weird. I've since stopped going .. it's a long story.
Before that I didn't really believe anything, a non-religious home and school life. More faith in inductive Science that religion.
My journey started with the Dead Sea Scrolls story and then through St. Augustine and then the mystic, monastic side of Christian thought - the lived and experienced rather than the known and understood.
de Molinos advocates a stilling of the mind and actively praying in silence, going beyond words. It was considered heretical as the convention was that one prayed with words.

Attached: pepe hermit.jpg (600x1024, 142K)

Trust me loser, there's quite a lot up there. Keep thinking you're not God's bitch no matter what you do, see how that works out for you.

I thank God for:
>another day of safety/security
>another day of good health
>another day I could keep my job and maintain economic security

I ask God to:
>protect us from the non-European hordes around the world
>give Europeans around the world the virtue and bravery to resist multiculturalism/immigration with political and violent action.
>give us the intellect to see who has brought them here and for what purpose so we can remove them from the face of the earth.

Attached: ZomboMeme 10062017085821.jpg (720x720, 120K)

>t. NPC incapable of inner thoughts and monologue

I have experienced two divine miracles. The key is not to pray for yourself, but for the world.
Also you dont need to use words just direct your intent. If you really want words to repeat the orthodox jesus prayer is optimal.

Don't feel stupid OP. I was embarrassed for some reason the first few times I tried to have a conversation with God, but once I realized I wasn't talking to myself, that there was actually someone listening, it got easier, and I pray constantly throughout the day now. Just little things here and there, and I thank God every time I remember that I should. The Lord's prayer is my favorite and I say it all the time.

He’s a sadist, user. He’s up there laughing his ass off.

>I see that bettering myself means finding my connection to God
God knows the real you, and will show it to you. He will lead you to your destiny, for He is the Alpha and Omega. He knows your full potential. He knows how to unlock it.
> how do you pray
I humbly talk to God and thank Him for His blessings to me and ask for forgiveness for the things I've done wrong. Then I listen. And try to hear Him speak to me. He does.
I end the prayer when I'm done listening to him which usually doesn't take long as what He says is very short often, concise, and perfect. Exactly what I needed. And sometimes things I don't want to hear. But I needed it anyways.

Attached: 1503183843321.jpg (600x753, 43K)

It's even worse than that, he's actually not all powerful. God can't make your dick bigger, can he?

No shit Stalin.

If you imaginary friend knows everything you don't need to bother him with shit he already knows, just saying.

That's some dumb monkey shit right there, we're just dumb fucking monkeys and God is a god of dumb fucking monkeys.

Right before I sleep I say Our Father, Hail Mary, ask forgiveness for something I did that day, as for guidance, pray for other people, then I do a 'Now I Lay Me Down To Sleep'

Get on your knees, or prostrate on the ground. Pray for forgiveness, ask for guidance, and ask for help to do good in this world.

LMAO checked, I wish all Greek posters were as rambunctious as you

> Get on your knees, or prostrate on the ground
I do this when in severe despair. And I lift my hands. I have found much comfort in the Lord when I was all alone in the world and dying inside.

Literally this. Just talk with him, tell him about you day, your problems, be grateful, etc.
But remember you have to repent for your sins, atone, and don't do it again. You don't get to keep sinning and always be forgiven.

Want to find God? Start doing good deeds and observing the world and people around you. Before you crash light some candles and meditate about your day.

You ask enough questions and figure enough shit out and eventually God will give you insight.

Attached: 4cc2b01b8ba0f5e42a44943d5a0f851f6db66c38be5d815281bbbae41118549b.png (659x570, 367K)

He should say "i'm a doctor, what seems to be the problem?".

Rather than asking God to hide me from the enemy, or asking for them to be moved. I ask God to give me the strength to kill the demons permanently. Hell wish to crush you, crush it.

why do atheist underage b& always shit this board up and our glorious Christian threads?

It’s not rehearesed prayer that is problematic (I.e., reciting the Lord’s Prayer) but it is excessive repetition because you think that it will make your prayers heard more than other people’s.