Should religious schools be exempted from relevant sexual orientation discrimination laws?

christianitytoday.com/news/2018/september/azusa-pacific-university-lgbt-sexuality-statement-apu.html

The Christian school, which still requires celibacy of unmarried students, now has a shorter six-point statement that more succinctly states that marriage is between “a man and a woman, which Jesus reaffirms,” and refers to humans as created “male and female” instead of “gendered.”

The new statement drops a list of sexual behaviors prohibited by the Bible. It also drops the word sin from its concluding sentence, which previously read: “Any deviation from a biblical standard of sexual behavior is sin and therefore is an opportunity for repentance, grace, and redemption, so that as a community we might honor one another and glorify God.”

“APU believes in a biblical definition of marriage as defined as between one man and woman,” Rachel White, a school spokesperson, told CT. “All others living outside of that definition are called to abstinence.” (APU does not offer married housing.)

Attached: bananas.jpg (1200x737, 173K)

Other urls found in this thread:

blueletterbible.org/lang/lexicon/lexicon.cfm?t=kjv&strongs=g4202
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Census_of_Quirinius
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Attached: 1523492340985.jpg (600x499, 45K)

Attached: gayhell.jpg (650x366, 35K)

bump

bump

bump

well there you go, another 'christian' school which relies on gubment grants and soros money, compromising on historically orthodox Christian standards

happening all over the place

Attached: yeah nah ¦3inned.jpg (609x915, 85K)

what is your favorite part of religion?

knowing Christ my Creator, and having peace with God

u?

Attached: let the sunshine in.jpg (2561x1441, 933K)

so you know exactly what he wants for you? you never have any doubts if maybe written word is testing you and the holy spirit wants you to live in a way he hasn't made clear yet?

My favorite part?

refusing to play a game I am supposed to lose

>so you know exactly what he wants for you?

well yeah, Micah 6:8 pretty much covers everything He wants of me
"He has shown you, O mankind, what is good. And what does the LORD require of you but to act justly, to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God?"
- BSB

> you never have any doubts if maybe written word is testing you and the holy spirit wants you to live in a way he hasn't made clear yet?

the Holy Spirit inspired the Scriptures, so never contradicts His own decrees

but i'll confess that i am still a fallen human being, and so i require a transformation by the renewal of my mind - so as to be more fully conformed to Christ - thus i sometimes have trouble agreeing with my Lord due to the still sin-stained perceptions that linger
- Rom 12:2, Rom 8:29

that being said, i've been on the road with Jesus for over a decade now, so there's not much i still rebel against

Attached: hmmmm.jpg (364x344, 36K)

So you are sure that those writings are exactly what he wants and are not human written or worse, a test by God to see if you would fall for propaganda or wait to hear from him directly?

Go back to leftypol faggot

Attached: 1537931683616.jpg (480x491, 36K)

Do you identify as a nazi?

Discrimination laws shouldn't exist. Discrimination is a God-given right

May God smite all the sodomites.

>So you are sure that those writings are exactly what he wants

yeah, i'm pretty confident that the Bible is one whole, harmonious revelation of God to mankind, due to it's nature of being supernatural in perspective and thus accurate in prediction, anthropology and - by extension of having proved itself in the former - theology

on top of that, we have the preservation of the texts going back 2K years and see that it is not merely man-made propaganda written to suit the times, so yeah: i trust His scriptures

so going back to your idea that God would contradict His scripture, and desire me to 'hear directly from Him'... well, when i read my Bible i 'do' hear directly from Him

that's kinda the point of it

Attached: and then there's THIS guy.jpg (2048x1548, 622K)

You seem nuts.

so you don't want to talk to me anymore?

Attached: Mattias_Stom,_Christ_before_Caiaphas.jpg (640x480, 82K)

>letting the state teach your kids about sex
What exactly do parents do these days?

Attached: 1526417697109.png (600x843, 773K)

I identify as a gay retard shrimp tits

No, you seem convinced by paper. I assume you trust the holy dollar and a church can do no wrong. No sense in discussing with those who lack sense.

>01. Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve. Matthew 4:10; Revelation 19:10
>02. Little children, keep yourselves from idols. 1 John 5:21; Acts 17:29
>03. That the name of God and His doctrine be not blasphemed. 1 Timothy 6:1
>04. The sabbath was made for man, and not man for the sabbath: Therefore the Son of man is Lord also of the sabbath. Mark 2:27-28; Hebrews 4:4
>05. Honor thy father and thy mother. Matthew 19:19; Ephesians 6:1-3
>06. Thou shalt not kill. Romans 13:9; James 2:11
>07. Thou shalt not commit adultery. Matthew 19:18
>08. Thou shalt not steal. Romans 13:9; Ephesians 4:20
>09. Thou shalt not bear false witness Romans 13:9
>10. Thou shalt not covet. Romans 7:7

Psalm 119:2
>Blessed are they that keep his testimonies, and that seek him with the whole heart.

Matthew 22:37-40
>Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
>This is the first and great commandment.
>And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
>On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

Matthew 6:33
>But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

1 John 2:4
>He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

1 John 5:3
>For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.

John 14:15
>If ye love me, keep my commandments.

Revelation 14:12
>Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus

>b-but it doesn't say you can't have sex with the same sex :^)
Adultery
blueletterbible.org/lang/lexicon/lexicon.cfm?t=kjv&strongs=g4202

When was the Census of Quirinus conducted?

Quirinius

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Census_of_Quirinius

well being from Belfast in the North of Ireland, we don't use dollars here - and being a Christian, i follow the words of Christ Jesus who said that the 'love of money is the root of all kinds of evil' - so while i'm not sure what kind of 'christianity' you've engaged with prior to this, i'm thinking it was a corrupted version when you make such assumptions about me

which leads to your second point that i must believe that the church can do no wrong, and again; speaking from a personal experience of being a Christian who falls into error all the time - and judging by the erroneous 'christianity' you seem to have experienced, i can assure you that i don't hold to that view... and that the church does get it wrong all the time

that's not to say she doesn't get corrected by her Lord frequently; but sinners gonna sin m8

and all humans, whether christian or no, are sinners

Attached: goldfinch irelans.jpg (700x540, 45K)

Way to always be ready to give a defense for the hope that is in you, Christbro.

Attached: 35wrtegd.jpg (1920x1064, 985K)

So literally a rural retard. Got it!

danke bro

Attached: ¦3.png (33x33, 862)

oh whoah, you're sinking to insult?

have i really disturbed you so much as to need to belittle, when i've hardly even begun to expound on the Christian worldview?

i'm sorry you're discomfited, but if this little drip across the ocean is enough to make you feel harm, you must be experiencing tremendous wounds when confronted with the torrents

Attached: every pebble in the ocean sends ripples round the world.jpg (1280x853, 207K)

I just think you know better and are abusing the trust of others.

Most of God's laws are obvious to a child and it takes an elaborate panopticon like the modern liberal state in order to obscure it in people. They still know it, though, like the truism that two men or two women could never reproduce through sexual acts alone.

Attached: natural law.png (786x572, 91K)

>christianitytoday.
kek

Attached: 1519970049947.jpg (596x900, 132K)

Appealing to common sense is logically fallacious. You only have trickery to offer disguised as truths.

i think it is impossible to know better than the God who is omniscient

and since He reveals everything necessary to man's spirituality in inspired Scripture, i don't think there's any better to know

but you realise you're contradicting yourself there, don't you - because in relegating me to the level of 'rural retard' then in the next moment asserting i 'know better', you're being paradoxical

how could a rural retard know better?

Attached: how we do.jpg (349x642, 36K)

It's not an appeal to common sense. Hidden in my statement is the assumption of the commonsense tradition of natural law theory, hence the image I shared which is meant to explain it.

Saying that your propaganda is obviously to children is a function of children being ignorant that people are actively trying to trick them into following the ways of old. It is at best an appeal to common sense type logical fallacy as you are merely stating your truths are self evident without offering any rational justification therein. Truly circular logic.

Natural law is circular reasoning.

That's completely silly, because natural law appeals to a completely objective metaphysical reality, when, for example, it is observed that the aim of human sexuality is at base reproduction, thus reproduction is within its "nature". Violations of this aim then are simply "unnatural", meaning going against its fundamental purpose, which again with regard to human sexuality is reproduction, a completely objective observation, and an appeal to reality itself.

>2018
>religion
>public education
Ayy lmao. Get rekt faggut.

bump

Attached: Pic.jpg (957x1024, 211K)

>It also drops the word sin from its concluding sentence
Pussies, it is a sin. Understanding that is half the point, then you understand how hard it is not to sin, how much grace is given to you, and that you should extend that grace to others. Fuck.

why are you bumping a thread when you have already displayed a disinclination to engage with the people in it?

Attached: ctb #1338.jpg (270x396, 28K)

disregard i suck at reading IDs and just saw the rainbow flag

Attached: no image available.jpg (1024x1024, 133K)

bump

My high school was religious and private... would fire any teacher that got divorced no matter how good they were, expelled any student on sight of caught smoking a single cigarette, expelled anyone who had a kid or even guys that got a girl pregnant, but allowed gay students and that was 2 decades ago. Seems to be about the only protected thing I can think of that was taught as degenerate

which denomination?