Why do Veterans have a hard time adjusting to Society when they get back?

Why do Veterans have a hard time adjusting to Society when they get back?

Attached: 2737655788443.png (760x428, 497K)

Most of them don't.

gay homosexuals craving buttsex always have difficulties fitting in

Depends on which decade they return. If they can get employed and busy soon enough they adjust well.

it's hard to have to give up freedom of speech all of a sudden

War has always fucked people. When people come back from war they need support, emotional and spiritual and economic. When the war is not clearly righteous people do not get that support. Sadly the US has been caught in many wars recently which were not clearly righteous, wars which were morally gray and confused and politically motivated. This leads to a lack of support. he veterans are not celebrated as heroes by the populace and perhaps worse, the veterans cannot see themselves as heroes either. It is possible to live without support from others but it is hard to live when you can't justify internally your own actions. This leads to a downward spiral of substance abuse , often alcoholism, and a crippling lack of morale, often leading to homelessness.

Attached: 1537922196293.jpg (1280x1024, 177K)

I suffer from mild PTSD when I remember all times I nearly died for no reason. Constant stress can do that to anyone, but fearing for your life is something a bit different.

the only people who join the military are losers from high school. they then surround themselves with other retards while working in the military. when they get out they realize they're losers again

they just realize what they fought for was just not worth it, and it makes them sick and think they shouldn't have done what they did

they are gay

For combat veterans mental disorders. For desk jockey POGs it's the shock of not having a guaranteed gubmint paycheck and having to live without being told what to do every second of the day.

It's more than seeing human suffering, it's that what you see shatters the narratives we've constructed about life and society and good and evil. You see things that, in an instant, refute the very foundations of what we've been raised to believe from birth. You come home and realize that everyone around you is either a liar or an idiot, and that no amount of explaining can change it. Pictures and words and articles can't change it. Pictures and words and articles don't begin to describe what really happens. Only being there with the gun in your hand, seeing it play out in front of you. You go home to an entire society of people who either will never know, or are deliberately lying to keep them from knowing.

And it's all so easy. It could happen here at any time. That's another really bad part, that the lies are just so thin.

>maybe it's the adrenaline rush
>maybe that's the only time they truly felt alive when faced with death
>maybe the office job just doesn't cut it
>maybe all they know is how to fight

Attached: arnold_schwarzenegger____cigar_time__by_metek09-d95jsz9.jpg (759x1052, 281K)

>Why do Veterans have a hard time adjusting to Society when they get back?

You ever read that one story some user posted about how his coworkers love to talk about stupid inane crap but whenever he tries to bring up real stuff, everybody ignores him completely, just tunes him out, and one day he got frustrated and kept repeating himself to people in his carpool and they were all just silently ignoring him until finally one of them changed the subject and then they all drowned him out?

That's how most people treat veterans. I don't think veterans can't adjust to society, I think society won't adjust to veterans.

Think about it

They're living in a different society when they're off to war. Its totally ok to walk around with a gun, kill people, blow shit up, virtually no rules. They're job is to fucking kill people and blow shit up, always looking out for their brothers, or behind their back.

They come back to society where it's not socially acceptable to walk around with a gun, where will go to jail for killing someone, where you cant just piss in the desert with other people around and not get put on a list.

Put yourself into the life of a soldier at war, and then put yourself in his boots as he comes back to society and then you'll understand

t. Special forces support.

Even bigger redpill is that war is just sanctioned murder, most of the time used to redirect money and material to certain groups.

yes and also it's tough to adjust to a 'normal' society after killing children for (((them)))

oh look, its this tread again

Attached: 1536533938506.jpg (1024x683, 443K)

Because for the past decade only people who were mentally disturbed or multi-generational marines joined the military.
I had a vet in my college class with PTSD. He was an MP who never saw a bullet fired.

its basically like being a nigger and getting kicked off of welfare and having to compete in a job market that isnt subsidized by the tax payers.

Imagine raping, pillaging and murdering all through your teens. Any man would miss that.

Yeah pretty much. Imagine what it's like to have all that freedom, to where the person next to you is protecting you, and you're protecting him. You're part of something bigger than yourself, and you'll die for other people. Now, when you go home, nobody has your back, people lie to you, people will push you in front of a hus to save their own skin. And guess what? You cant shoot people, you have to get a job to survive, you have bills, no armor on, etc.

It's just so totally different. Its hard coming back into the society where rules rule everything

hell yeah, fuck them. let them compete. i compete too

Attached: giphy.gif (500x375, 898K)

Back there I could fly a gunship, I could drive a tank, I was in charge of million-dollar equipment. Back here I can't even hold a job PARKING CARS!

Yes it sucks being out I wish someone would tell me what to do every day and I only had a small room to take care of. Instead im stressed out all the time running my own business and managing a house.

>t. sandwich artist

Attached: 924F80BF-DE64-4E8C-AC69-F71DB4902972.jpg (599x635, 121K)

I feel u brother. Miss the shit

Anti-authoritarian propaganda such as Rambo confuses the whole society so veterans no longer fit into a natural hierarchy.

The book "Tribe" by Sebastian Junger describes the reasons pretty good.

Because the vast majority of ZOG bots think they are going to be an action star from Jewwood production. Only to come back dismembered or have watched their friend get disfigured in some various way. Once the illusion is lifted, they come back to a nation of NPC's.

Attached: 1537810211736.jpg (1024x1021, 130K)

Kavanaugh, is that you?

Dont respond to memeflags

rambo is more anti-anti-war than anti-authoritarian.

Damn straight, Mr. Graham.

Attached: 4bd.jpg (262x436, 26K)

You mean Welfare Queens?

They have a hard time not spending your hard earned tax dollars on overseas hookers.

Because American men are traditionally circumsized, despite being a "Secular"CV country. Circumcision at birth changes how you operate because of the trauma associated with it. Humans have been killing eachother for millennia without PTSD.

good times create weak men, hard times creates stro... no wait... it creates men with mental disorders

Hollywood meme
Vs
Reality

Hollywood tells you you are brave, following in the footsteps of warriors, and the enemy is a demonized, abstract, foreign beast.

Reality tells you that the enemy is everywhere. No one will "buy you a drink", girlfriends and wives will STILL cheat on you, and cash is the only thing to be respected.

And while the world was laughing, your friends were dying. And so were you.

That story about the coworkers sounds like hell. Fuckin' NPCs man, I tell ya.

Because society never cared about them or their service, yet it provided lip service all the same while they were in. Also, 17 years of that plus hero worship mentality.

Living in a state of war for a long time in a hostile or semi hostile environment frays the nerves. But the men do automatic things they have to unlearn.
Like not seeing every trash can on the side of the road as a potential IED.
It fucks with them. It's hard for them to let go of the tension after they don't need it to survive anymore. And I think this leads to depression that they don't feel as " normal " as they should.

Hello NPC

not many do
only the ones who saw really fucked up shit
getting your comrade you've known for a long time getting blown into pieces and left behind changes you ,no matter how "hard" or "edgy" you are
War is not righteous nor just,especially in this time and age
faggot

Attached: 1521898643347.png (1920x1080, 1.71M)

Because they go abroad, see true good and evil, experience the world, and form camaraderie with their fellow man the way it used to be in every white country. Then they rotate home and find the place they left to be an estrogen-laced Jewified ZOG hellhole glorifying obscenity, niggerdom, and anti-white attitudes, and the very concept of male bonding is propagandized by kikes as being "gay". You go to war, come home, and figure out you shot the wrong people.

This Rambo quote is so true.

In Finland a 18 year old male will spend a year ranging from using million dollar equipment, driving tanks and other heavy and complex vehicles, handling live firearms and explosives, leading up to 50 of his fellow soldiers in weeks long exercises and what does this count toward in his CV?
Fucking nothing. Same age girls who have done nothing until then, maybe spent a gap year traveling the world with graduation money get all the McJobs that uneducated young people compete for.

Attached: taistelusukeltaja.jpg (978x633, 120K)

Not all of them get thrown into communist pow camps and tortured.

>getting your comrade
>your comrades
>comrade
Do you people try to be this faggy, or does it just come naturally?

Attached: 1510016377615.jpg (399x400, 47K)

you can always become a truck driver
that's my plan

They go from an environment with a high level of solidarity and communal cooperation to one that is hyper "Fuck you I got mine". I'm not saying we have to be collectivist but even the frontiersmen in the migration Westward had communities to belong to. Only fur-trapper hunters out alone entirely by themselves lacked it. Cowboys had it, settlers had it.

You all already know the studies that show multiculturalism diminishes trust and sense of belonging in a society - well you come back to one where there's no unifying principle like in any of the branches and it's That's why non-combat vets get fucked up. Combat vets getting fucked up is obvious. &

This. The hardest redpill I ever had to swallow was that the jihadis (despite using some scumbag tactics) were really no different in the courage department than we were. Probably even more so considering they were fighting against a considerable percentage of the US +Britain's military forces.

The second hardest redpill came when I was released from active duty and went to college. I had to start unironically hiding my power level because fully half of the stuff my history profs said about OEF/OIF was functionally and logically wrong.

Finally, fuck communism and giving stuff up for free.

Not a bad life. Keep your diet and PT on point, though. Never skip a day.

>what is an officer

the realization of being a jew puppet finally sinks in when the screaming and explosions stop

CVs are not government-issued records and work permits enforced by law. A CV is a piece of paper where a person writes their work history. It's up to them to communicate correctly their level of skill. If that highly skilled 18 years male from finland could not describe his expertise adequately in order to impress an employer then he personally failed at the interview. It's not a problem that is actually related to his experience being military. He could be a 18 years old genius trillionaire if the CV is written poorly or incorrectly he will not impress a future employer. Why would it work any other way?

>Depends on which decade they return. If they can get employed and busy soon enough they adjust well.
I have worked around a number of vets. I do skilled construction, and they all seem to enjoy the structured methods of construction. There is a clear plan (blueprints), there is usually material to execute said plan, and they work great with other men toward building something bigger then themselves....figuratively and literally. I know some do not adjust well, because there are fucktards who don't appreciate what they did, but these same fucktards couldn't do anything like what our servicemen did. It can't be easy. My grandfather struggled with things he saw/did in ww2. He was well adjusted, but once a soldier always a soldier.

No sense of task and purpose. No camaraderie. No accountability. Everyone else seems beneath you, seems like self-serving degenerate weak pussybegging cowardly dickfucks who don't think before speaking and lack respect of experience.
Family and friends become distant, they are incapable of understanding. You can no longer trust any of the institutions you grew up with: the state, the church, friendship, society. It all seems meaningless. You are alone; no one gets it. Find yourself being late for work because you sat in your car thinking about some buddy who killed himself, some firefight, some homeless vet, some dead kid you saw. Can't sleep, don't feel a rush from anything. Destroy your body every night and that still won't get you to sleep, won't stop the nightmares when you do.
In the end, through the haze of booze and pills, the flashbacks, the hypervigilance, you recognize that everything you did there, that blood and sweat, that death and charnel, was for nothing, meaningless, your tabs and badges empty mementos to Halliburton, GDS, Boeing, whatever, that at the end of the day that blue cord you wore so fucking proudly is just a tool to break kids into killing goat farmers for corporate interests.
You got nothing out of it, almost no one gives a fuck that you're a vet, those that do either call you a jew slave or a baby killer under their breath or they just hate you for swearing an oath because you wanted to defend something, do something worthwhile, and here you are at another veterans to hire job conference, waiting to hear some navy logistics officer tell you how he made the big bucks, and all you can think of is your buddy dying in that fucking hummvee like an animal, another discarded life for profit

Jews

Because now they have to do real work

I cant put my military experience on a CV because of the job I had. If I tell people what my job was they think i was responsible for abu grahib

Like what? The sadism of the enemy?
Middle Easterns kill each other like cattle?
We need details man

Attached: 1537311365030.png (1000x1000, 177K)

I saw a bunch of kids taken out of a school lined up against a wall and shot in the back.

>veteran
>Iraq deployment
>got out
>maxed out GI bill by taking 18-21 credit hours per semester
>get entry level analyst job
>MBA program
>use leftover of GI Bill, military scholarships, work, and own money
>graduate
>better job #1
>better job #2
>better job #3
>make low six figures, work 40 hours per week
>no debt except house

You guys need to stop making excuses. Besides the GI bill, veterans preference for jobs, scholarships, VA medical care, etc., we have it sooo much better than most people. No excuse to be a failure if you didn’t get 100% fucked up.

Just got out two weeks ago. Spent three years on a carrier in Japan, an extra year on a destroyer. The Navy is possibly closer to civilian America than the other branches, with the exception of far more onerous laws and harsher penalties. Seeing how quickly feral nigs act like neutered dogs once they're restricted to the ship and getting half of their paycheck garnished was one of the most eye opening experiences for me.

Also, there's virtually no rules regarding how long you can work, which can and will result in staying up for days on one issue. So when you get back and hear people bitch about how they only have one day off this week, it seems just a little out of perspective to you.

I will do bro,17~ years to go,gonna do some middle eastern deployment and try not to get fucked up
then hang my nuts with 45 and drive trucks or some shit

You probably demand free shit at bars and complain about portion sizes of your free meals at Applebee’s on Veterans Day. Stop being this way. We signed up for a job, did our thing, they paid us and gave benefits, now it’s up to you to do something with your life.

what do you mean? never had buddies
have you even been in the army?

this
I know many faggots thinking the world will kiss their feet just because they serve

USMC 2007-2011
0311 (3rd Battalion, 6th Marines, 2nd Marine Division)
Iraq '08, Afghanistan '09, Libya '11
Killed 2 men, 1 woman
Most don’t

>4 deployments, killed a lot of people on my 2nd.
I sleep like a fucking rock

1N5X1 here. Pretty easy when you get a 200k/year offer from Lockheed right after. 24 btw

respect
any good stories?

Attached: 1537651960211.jpg (923x1024, 149K)

shooting little kids in the face

The reason why a lot of vets don’t amount to much is because of:

Selection bias
Poor choices before and after service
Institutionalization (never having to think for yourself)
Self entitlement
Peter Pan syndrome
Laziness

These threads never fail to attract the most pathetic faggots on the board. They're like pathetic faggot bait and they work very well.

Attached: 1496940274796.jpg (241x230, 41K)

A welfare queen

I would’ve killed to go in the military to spend my 4 years and be set for life when I got back. The benefits vets receive are supergibs, having the VA float student debt is fucking huge. Football injury as a kid left me on the disqualified on disability bracket when I got of age. If you’re not retarded and don’t come back completely fucked in the head, you’re set

Currently at 13+ years. Need 22 total due to taking 18 months off (counts as 2 years).

Gonna be building a family soon. Girlfriend is trad and on path to her success.

They realize they have been duped, Pat Tillman.

God damn, this too. Hearing normie friends go on about how Russia is our biggest threat while being completely ignorant about Woody Island or basically anything regarding China's military buildup is infuriating to me.

Even if that’s true, life goes on. I got burned on a used car once. It sucks but I moved on. Sunk costs, people.

gl to you brother,keep the fight up

>Killing Goat Farmers
Did you gain any respect for the Muslim fighters, since you're basically the (((banks))) hired guns?
I never would've thought the real trouble is coming home.

That's pretty heavy

Attached: 1537208852011.jpg (720x526, 21K)

Because if they're enlisted then they're probably not that bright and have become accustomed to always being told exactly what to do and how to do it. They're not used to showing initiative and probably don't even realise that they're expected to.

If they're officers it's because they're insufferable pricks who are an absolute cunt to work with because they still think that they can give people orders.

I've worked with a lot of ex-military and these are pretty much the big problems. If you don't exhibit either of these flaws you'll probably do alright. But, for example, I once worked with an ex-Colonel. We were hiring some new people, and he was talking to me about how we should expand the responsibilities of the role. I said that would mean we'd have to hire a more expensive candidate. He asked me why. I said because if we're expecting them to do more, we'll have to pay them more. His attitude was basically fuck that, they'll do what we tell them to. They're our employees. We pay them. It came as a great shock to him when I said that all that would happen would be that the employee would quit and either get a different job at the same pay rate where they had to do less, or the same job but at a higher pay rate at a different company.

It didn't occur to him that people could do that. You can't do that in the army. They put you in gaol. But this isn't the army. In the army you can treat people like shit and they just have to suck it up. In the real world if you treat people like shit they just stop associating with you, and that's a problem. If you drive away anyone who has other options you end up surrounded by people with no options, and those are generally low quality people.

So that's why I don't hire veterans anymore.

Also they claim to be pragmatic but then oppose anything they perceive as "soft" regardless of efficacy.

former 11c here... first off when i came back no one cared about shit going on in iraq.. it was all about jersey shore.. that fucking triggered me.. also americans think they know what hard work is... they dont know shit about the joy of when that blister pops and your foot and starts bleeding and if feels so good... most civilians are lazy shitbags... no teamwork.. no cohesion... in the military people can get together as a team and do shit (good or bad).. also in the military they drill into ur head you are GREEN!.. and we all bleed for the fucking stars and stripes.. you civilians are not green.. u aint with the team.. u people are so divided over ur tranny bathrooms and clinton trump maga bs.

View the world as it is not as you want it to be.

i saw the same thread last week, wtf?

you can trust your brothers, everyone's out to fuck you over on the outside

R A R E
A
R
E

Attached: 1232342342342.jpg (600x600, 54K)

These answers about war and adrenaline are bullshit. While that is a factor for some vets, it's not the base cause. The reason vets have a hard time adjusting is because the work and lifestyle culture in the military is entirely different from the civilian world.

In the military, even if you're wasting time doing busy work, shit gets done. You know what your job is and what you're supposed to be doing at all times, and if you don't, someone is going to come around real quick to tell you. You know what you're supposed to be wearing at all times. You know where you're supposed to be at all times. You know the pecking order and where you stand in it. You know exactly how much you're going to get paid every month. You know what's expected of you. You know how much it's going to suck. So, even if your job is bullshit, it's orderly, simplified, purposeful bullshit and you know that bathroom is going to be clean and that motor pool groomed every fucking day.

And then you leave all of that and join the civilian world only to find out you're making less money than you were before and everything is a fucking mess and nobody can do their job and you can't understand why everyone is so fucking lazy about trivial shit.

Attached: 7MUTn.jpg (400x449, 17K)

war isn't COD, nigger

Because society is full ofa bunch of god damn pussies.

>You’ve been senselessly killing people for months, or years with no repercussions
>All of a sudden asked to turn off murder.exe

It’s pretty self explanatory user

Kids with no world experience growing up in a military lifestyle where everything is structured and responsibility is in the current moment, not future. Suddenly you have to actually plan your finances, realize people are socially retarded and asocial to strangers, and do actual work to make money. All unlike in the military.

>everything is a fucking mess and nobody can do their job and you can't understand why everyone is so fucking lazy about trivial shit.
This is a classic military mindset, and yet oftentimes veterans end up not being able to do the job they're hired to do effectively because they spend so much time being cunts to everyone around them over trivial shit.

It's a two-sided problem. You drop a person who wants everything perfectly orderly into a situation that is not perfectly orderly, and both sides contribute to the problem. The disorderly people should be more orderly, and the orderly person should spend less time bitching about trivial bullshit. But it's a lot easier to fire the veteran than reculture the organisation.

Why do soiboi civilians have a hard time adjusting to war?

I sorta agree, but its more a mental conditioning problem. Most vets joined up in the 18-25 years-old age range, and have been exposed to a form of operant conditioning distinctly different to the various forms that a non-military person would become molding by. This military conditioning is key to performing duties within the military... but outside its confines, in the civilian world, it is not ideal for success. You have to continue to learn and adapt, but a lot of vets become frustrated and disgusted by the excesses they see in civilian society.

In milspeak, this period of discontent, rage, frustration, and substance abuse is called "getting your brain back." Sadly, not everyone does and some an hero out of lack of definable purpose. I had 5 friends go out like that and I nearly did myself. It sucks but that is life.

lol @ calling civilians lazy, when the majority of these veteran suicides are because you can't cut it in the civilian world. Its not easy to make a living, you're not going to have your hand held and told what exactly to do, you have to THINK. You have to plan. You're damn right there is no order, its chaos and you have to somehow thrive in it. There is no thinking in the military, 1 + 1 always equals 2.

Those kind of vets you're talking about are almost certainly guys that got kicked out for being shitbags in some way. I'm sure you've heard plenty of them talk about why they had to leave because of some medical reason yet they look fine.

>its more a mental conditioning problem
Naturally. The military turns people into good soldiers, not good employees. The military doesn't need good employees because if you quit the army they put you in gaol for desertion, and if you disobey orders they put you in gaol for insubordination. There's no need to treat people well because you can treat them shit enough to make them comply. You can't do that in the civilian world, so you get people who can't play nice and who can't play mean, and so they just sit and spin. Or they try to play mean and then I have to talk to them about how they're not the right fit for this organisation because swearing and shouting at the receptionist is not even appropriate, let alone effective management.

The biggest challenge, I think, is that veterans (the bad ones, that is) think that they're more qualified than they actually are. They think they have leadership skills, and they do - they're skilled at a particular type of leadership, which is the allocation of tasks and responsibilities. They're not as skilled at the friendly type of leadership which makes employees comfortable, instead of just productive - and seeing as turnover is almost always the second highest component of employee costs (after wages), and employees are almost always the largest cost to a business, that's not as trivial and namby-pamby a thing as it seems. Companies don't go far without good people, and good people always have other options. But you try to explain this to a military man and he just snorts derisively - I commanded 300 men and 12 artillery pieces and you're trying to explain to me how to manage four receptionists? Ha! What do you know, you're just some pasty consultant type who couldn't cut it in a real job like I used to do.

And then they get fired. Or I recommend that they get fired, anyway.

Assholes like you.
Thanks for asking.