Linux is under attack

Recently Linux devs threaten to revoke their code from the Linux archive in response to SJW CoC

Info :
m.youtube.com/watch?v=v5VvJiNUCIA
News :
google.gr/amp/s/itsfoss.com/linux-code-of-conduct/amp/

How do we bully the SJW’s out of Linux ... that is the question ..

Attached: A2B8AEDF-F0A5-4886-BCDD-66A36858F6F2.jpg (796x418, 56K)

Other urls found in this thread:

freebsd.org/internal/code-of-conduct.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I hope they all pull their code. Let it fucking burn. It is going to crash either way, they might as well get it over with.

Even the cell version on this site has a basis on Linux code it’ll crash along with the things we like ..

>Even the cell version on this site has a basis on Linux code it’ll crash along with the things we like ..
Sounds great. You put it in writing, and Ill sign for it. I don't give a fuck. There are plenty of alternatives. Closed source is the future. Companies will create their own software. Linux was a great idea, and still is. IF the terms and conditions changed, then their submissions can and should be pulled. I support a developer protecting their code.

Also, you are a faggot for changing to a gay ass meme flag.

>Also, you are a faggot for changing to a gay ass meme flag.
They don't call it "Greek Sex" for nothing.

Don't be so dramatic...if the Linux code is running, the Linux code is running, and any decent sysadmin would back it up in a million and one ways. This would just mean no future updates on the main code repository in all likelihood. Still would be a big hit, but this goes to show you what happens when Bolsheviks take a shit in the commons.

>t. Brainlet Mac user

Lel fuck you I found it funny

As for the companies developing their own software it’ll take YEARS to reach the level of Linux now and also it may not even happen because most of the people working on Linux do it voluntarily and for it to happen with companies somebody has to pay for it . It’s a shit idea to let it crash just for the fireworks .

We invented gayness I might as well fuck some trees .
>tree love.png

>How do we bully the SJW’s out of Linux ... that is the question ..

DDoS them. That will get them to fuck off.

Nobody's going to let it crash. Linux and the world of open source are way too critical to too many things and you have these big corporations like redhat making plenty of money off it. I can't imagine what would happen to the world of research without free software. Probably Apple would keep supporting its own variant and make it free for students and universities to use so that they could keep the market segment captured.

>MFW SteamOS is Linux based

If SJWs try to attack SteamOS I fucking hope Gabe Newell and the entire Valve staff blocks them from invading it.

Attached: Is It Safe.jpg (480x360, 16K)

We should move them to the ghettos and the downtown disease-ridden alleys to be culturally enriched by Mandingo and his gang members to see the fruit of their labor.

I know they won’t but if the devs pull their code it’ll set the project back for who knows how long .. ( meaning that we in turn experience whatever that has as an outcome) . As for the companies they don’t care as long as they profit . Fact of the matter is we can’t let SJW’s dictate what goes in the open source market and ban whoever they don’t like. They’ll do what they did to European people’s history ..

>devs threaten
Either you do or you don't do something, threats are for bitches.

It'll be interesting how this plays out, since open source has kind of been a bastion of meritocracy. I mean, I'm personally just about done with the tech world because of how many normies and morons are trying to run the show, but one wonders if this the sort of thing it might take to trigger enough of an exodus to have the nerds take their revenge by taking their code and mad h4x0r skillz somewhere else where they can be left alone and do nerd things.

Linux Kernel has been a rubbish after 3.10 LTS.
But the request to Linus is not unreasonable - he can still reject the patch he thinks it's not good enough, just don't use F word.

In case it is not clear for the nondevs here, linux is one of the sacred and integral pieces of software known to man. Not your facebook site, not flappy bird, not alexa. Linux is essential and must remain essentially open soure

Make the SJW filth retract the code of conduct then. Stan your ground right-wingers.

Linux was "under attack" when corporations started buying into its development. It's too late to cry out now.

Well he gets it . The SJW’s are the problem.

>Brainlet Mac user
I am in the process of ridding my life of computers. Sure Ill keep some piece of shit dual core amd sitting around to store digital family photos, but I don't need a computer, and can't care less about Linux. I would donate just to watch it crash and burn, just because linux faggots hate when people spend money on software.

Contributors just saying they're going to pull their patches from Linux Kernel repo, not from the Internet.
Somebody can clone the 4.19RC4 release then name it as the 4th Reich Kernel to ask contributors continue supply their patches.
It will create huge fragments in Linux Kernel though, which could result a complete death or controlled by major tech firms for their "official" release - Intel Kernel, Oracle Kernel, Google Kernel, etc.
Note: we're talking about Linux Kernel here, not Linux distributions.

too late!

Attached: !.png (203x248, 74K)

who really gives a shit about linux anymore?
let the trannies have it.

>Pull code
>watch everyone that doesn't know/support linux frag out
>normiemindexplosion.mp4
>await/contribute to new open source project w/o CoC
>"what was all that about again?"
Never ransom a coders code esp when they don't know shit about how it works, faggots.

DDoS is shit. Perhaps if you can sustain it for a really long time it might be good, but that never happens.

Well I hope they fight to repeal this CoC because basically it’s a corporation made concept to keep things in check .

>Linux faggots hate when people spending money on software.
Typical mutt post spotted. In dictionary, if you can read and know how to use a dictionary, there are other meanings of the word "free".

Crash the plane, with no survivors? Now that they're aggressively anti meritocracy, we can get lots of "black people" submitting code that sucks that they'll have to accept or be massive bigots!

Attached: 1537705852043.jpg (545x606, 81K)

Lol, china, based comment

GENIUS BOI

This. These SJWs need to be locked up.

Unironically, china benefits from keeping the linux kernal open. The whole fucking world does. China can roll their own spyware version, along with everyone else, but the core kernel remains a single entity that the best minds can be a part of

It's simple. Take out Coraline Ehmke.

Attached: tranny.jpg (797x400, 44K)

this. i am unfamiliar with how open source software licensing works, but can’t the real devs just fork it and continue to maintain it as they have been until now? rename it to the extent they have to; just make sure it keeps working.

I am pretty black pilled but there’s NO WAY that real businesses who depend on linux will just let it die. we see things like movies and tv shows cave to the SJW mob bc they are very much affected by it. their business depends a shit load on their public perception bc they make things for the mass public. a lot of businesses don’t have that problem and I don’t think they’ll accept shitty software if the only return is some retard on twitter is a little less upset.

I have hope for linux. it would be such a shame to see THE open source project decline bc some faggots thought it was “too open”

Attached: 14BDC301-2562-452F-8DF3-8945E8A37835.jpg (3024x4032, 1.69M)

>be white
>retract code from Linux or any other project with that "code of conduct"
Linux is kill.
But:
>Anybody can still use and maintain any version of the kernel without the CoC.
Think about what would happen.

>but can’t the real devs just fork it and continue to maintain it as they have been until now?
>"Why should contributors for 3 decades just pack up and leave"
Real question is why Linus is letting his magnum opus be shat on by mentally ill trannies in the first place. Who the fuck approached him and made him do this shit.

Pretty much this.

Besides which, who's actually going to pull out? Do you really think Jow Forums faggots actually contribute anything worthwhile?

(the answer is no)

>sad.png

> Who the fuck approached him and made him do this shit.

maybe he's being a decent human being. did that thought ever cross your mind?

Cis-shet

>Real question is why Linus is letting his magnum opus be shat on by mentally ill trannies in the first place. Who the fuck approached him and made him do this shit.
Just look at the quotes. They are Non-ASCII. Linus never used these in any of his mails.
Microsoft Word inserts them automatically.

Attached: linuxquotes.png (1164x642, 79K)

Here's what will hapen

>spyware chinknux
>shitty pajeetnux
>KGB russnux
>microsoft further develops their own existing linux clone(s) and it will be shit with an NSA backdoor
>50 irrelevant shitty open source forks

I don't think I've ever bothered to look at what license(s) exactly the Linux kernel and its various modules and what-all have on them. But that's ultimately courtroom territory, so while it could be used to intimidate individuals to start suing them strategically in order to effect mass behavior modification, the real danger would be in suing a corporation that has turned some kind of a profit while violating whatever kind of license might be in effect. That, too, would be interesting to watch because it would out the plaintiff(s) as being malicious ideologues and also be a bellwether for the future of the industry.

That's why I generally attach the MIT/X license to whatever I work on when I can. It's pretty much the "we don't give a fuck, but you can't come back and blame us for anything, either" of licenses, and, in my way of thinking, cutting the legal Jew out of the process just makes life so much better.

Whatever license you attach: You can still stop your code from being redistributed in the future. This is basic copyright law and can't be waived.

>implying I can stop somebody with access to my source code from making copypasta out of it
Maybe a sufficiently avaricious Jew could make a living out of trying. But it can't be stopped. That'd be like trying to copyright math.

If kernel.org redistributes your code without your consent, you can shut it down via a standard DMCA C&D letter.

This. It's not like pulling their code means everything dependant on Linux would just suddenly stop working. It would be a kick in the nuts to whoever has to deal with it, but not at all catastrophic.

Linux Devs should pull their code then issue usage licenses to exclusive users who all happen to believe in merit.

So, like I said: the danger is if somebody decides to start going after corporations. There's no stopping individuals from doing whatever they want once it's out there in the wild.

It's a battle that can't really be won because next it devolves into a question of whether or not their code is really my code just because they changed it or derived something from it or even just stole the not-pattented idea and came up with their own variation. And then you can bet your bottom dollar CHYNA is going to steal everything under the sun anyway, to be rivaled perhaps only by an army of Pajeets assembling everything out of great spiraling galaxies of other people's copypasta code.

>copyright math
Brilliant, I’m going to make a million bux off that idea

...Locked up in a gas chamber.

Attached: 875147283926061056.jpg (1024x768, 134K)

That's the best kicker. While the US is bickering over trannies and copyright, chyna doesn't give a fuck and gets the best of it all.

i hope they won't touch freebsd
degenerate cunts

Attached: 1537663238371.png (514x383, 37K)

You don't know how software works.

>Recently Linux devs threaten to revoke their code from the Linux archive in response to SJW CoC

Is it wrong that I kind of want to see 80% of internet servers taken down so that people finally wake up to lunacy that is the SJW movement, I mean its kind of hard to ignore global infrastructure being neutered over hurt feelings

>i hope they won't touch freebsd
>degenerate cunts
freebsd.org/internal/code-of-conduct.html

OY VEY DO YOU HAVE A LOICENSE FOR THAT FORESKIN

YOU DON'T OWN THAT! IT'S PROPERTY OF THE GLOBAL JEWISH MAFIA!

well then time to move back to windows bendera
because this world is dead

There is still OpenBSD and TempleOS.

Just branch the shit. 1 branch for faggots and the other for engineers. Isn't that how it is supposed to be? See, the SJWs aren't writing code, that's the secret. They just want to control it.

pull the switch, they'll wise up real fast as the internet grinds to a halt, sometimes the best way forward is the messy one

John Galt the fuck out of it. This is textbook Ayn Rayn, literally. Atlas Shrugged to be exact

is openbsd backwards compatible with linux binaries like freebsd is?

This guy is talking from experience, ty chinaman.

>is openbsd backwards compatible with linux binaries like freebsd is?
kinda

PEW PEW PEW

Attached: 1509106338822.jpg (225x225, 6K)

LOIC GOOD TO GO.

>TempleOS
Look it's great. But it's not something most people would be able to use and it definitely doesn't fit the criteria.
>FreeBSD
This is something people need to stop fucking talking about. FreeBSD was one of the first places infected by the SJW virus, and one of the first to pick up a "Code of Conduct"

The RFI cannon rools
LOIC drools

If you only knew how bad things really are.

Attached: 608143-linus-torvalds.png (810x456, 255K)

We need to do it quick
Get core devs to start ripping out critical code that can't quickly be replaced
File copyright
Force SJWs out
These people are almost certainly also comp'd by Globalists/CIA and want to remove competent maintainers that won't accept insecure code
They are literally causing a global computer security crisis and we cannot compromise on this.

It's not a coincidence that this is happening right before the Deep State faces justice. They are looking to get back into the systems they've been locked out of.

>Closed source is the future.
It's like you don't have any reference about what it's like to use free software.
I can say that closed source is absolute shit compared to the majority of free software I've used. Widows is trash compared to even a n00b distro like Ubuntu, nearly all of the free software alternatives do the same shit or do it better (gimp, MPV, feh, the list goes on), and the bash + Linux is a glorious combination.

Free software has always been the future. Closed source software is designed to move hardware, and normies think it's great. As an avid Linux user, I can say with resolve that closed source software is generally shit. A bunch of unpaid people generally wrote better software than a bunch of paid poos in a company do.

You're either a retard, a shill, or technologically inept if you think closed source is better than open source.

That dude is ugly

This moron talks about LGBTQIWHATEVERTHEFUCK as though this is a totally sane and reasonable association that has valid points and concerns. Why are these people still so blind? After all of the horror, and the horror to come, they STILL can't see it. I hate these fucking cucks.

Attached: 1423880800660.png (640x480, 282K)

>closed source is the future
But that's what nu-Linux is. They're closing the open source through a code of conduct.

If a few of the devs actually pull there code, thats the killshot right there. There entire movement killed because they were too dumb to leave well enough alone.

I have a theory that he's being threatened by spooks. Normally Linus would tell them that it's about code and that he doesn't give a flying fuck about their feelings.
Timing falls with Deep State prosecution incoming. It's all too coincidental.

It's difficult to imagine somebody being more or less the King of the Linux kernel and not having constant dealings with spooks from all over the world.

was it bill gates or mossad since they can't install backdoors

>well then time to move back to windows bendera
check trueos
went straight from windows to that

we should make our own os
microkernel one

also this is weird and bullshit, once you "donate" your code, it becomes public
you can't ask for you code back, this doesn't make sense, someone is behind this for sure

Smart money is on owning github, nexus, AWS, etc. so that you're sitting in possession of everybody's stuff because it's 80% retards who believe in "the cloud" and transhumanism.

Later on, you literally get to own their brains.

No.. the licensing issues are a little complicated but Richard Stallman made a super-autist post describing it all. Look it up. Not simple to summarize.

"The Cathedral and the Bazzar" -- read it, based zoomer. Your point is affirmed 100x

... first they came for Github and I did not care because I run my own servers
... then they came for the kernel
and I knew it was time to act

I will.
Can't fucking stand how the Jow Forums mods are censoring this shit. Richard Stallman was always right.

What are you going to do? Start killing ugly ass dudes who like to wear lipstick, eye shadow, pretty up their bangs but still look disgusting, all while bragging on Twitter about how they ruined Linux?

I still have my copy of the OS/2 Warp Beta #2, and that's all I really need. It's a better DOS than DOS, a better Windows than Windows, and it's my on-ramp to the information superhighway.

And you can even play Doom on it better and smoother than from DOS, if you can believe it. Bitches don't know about my DASD and the extent of IBM's NAZI autism.

>What are you going to do?
Fork it.
Also killing degenerates.

Yall poltards need a lesson in technology.

Jow Forums just started operation Jenga Cat.

This is it...
This is how it all ends...
Not with a bang, but with an rm -rf...

;-;

Attached: SoItBegins.gif (400x300, 1.71M)

Good luck with the fork. You're going to need the backing of Red Hat, Intel, IBM and a shit ton more. (Seriously, good luck, fuck SJWs.)

Working with a group of 5 other devs thus far to rescind our code. Some of whom have been major contributers.
Was hard to find a decent attorney with tech based experience due to the fact that a lot of heavy weighters are going to be extremely upset. Drafting legal docs to make it as impactful as possible.

All that work and you fuck us over, Linus. Now we fuck you back.

Use bitbucket you faggot

t. Atlassian employee

Let me talk about the cloud for a sec. My computer is repartitioning so I have an hour to kill with whisky and phone posting before I can play the new DOOM again.

The cloud is a buzzword. Nothing more. Cloud computing is using someone else's computer, and, jsyk, we've been doing that EVER SINCE WEBHOSTING WAS A THING.
Fuck me m8, even browsing the Chan right now could be considered cloud computing. I'm uploading data to some cucks server and interacting with the data on it. That's basically what cloud computing is, isn't it?

Fuck "the cloud" it doesn't exist. It's a fancy term for something we've been doing for years. I hate how it's touted to normies as the next big thing because it's not. It's just a way to suck you into the bot net. Being halfway tech savvy has made me jaded because everyone is a fucking retard who can't be bothered to do a Google search and read and read an article or two.

Don't get me started. You can fork the kernel easily. Whether or not others want to adopt is a different story.

Stop fucking commenting as if this would ground the internet to a halt overnight. Revoking code means it can't be in the next version, it doesn't invalidate prior versions. 80% of the code submitted to the Linux project is from Redhat or some other major company like Intel or AMD. That other 20% is minor shit except for the few people who have been around forever. This fucking threat is hollow because no company is going to pull their code because of a few trannies. This CoC thing will be ignored because big money rests on the project being successful. The moment this fucking dipshit starts becoming a liability the big money will smite him full force.

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-09-26 at 8.24.15 PM.png (458x928, 136K)

Please, has anyone even been banned yet?