Myths about diabetes

I came across this video:
youtube.com/watch?v=hpOP_HKeazU

Hooktube:
hooktube.com/watch?v=hpOP_HKeazU

Thoughts on this?
To me it seems very well put. Pure carbs are a bitch and health authorities are a bunch of dirty jews lying to people. People with diabetes are told to eat a lot of carbs. What a joke.

I posted this on Jow Forums earlier but they only care about twinks and muscular women.

Attached: bb634f6d.png (1079x1334, 1.39M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dBnniua6-oM
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/29305946
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/14594783
twitter.com/AnonBabble

No modern diabetes management in the first world teaches a high carb diet, or even a low carb diet. Sliding scales are not favored anymore

It has nothing to do with Carbs.

It's all about Fat (which was hinted at near the end of the Video.

Specifically, PUFAs (Polyunsaturated Fats). (see Ray Peat).

Also, the core of it is a malfunctioning liver...see R.B.T.I. (Reams Biological Theory on Ionization).

uuuuhhhhhhhh

no. It's all about Processed Sugars.

Sugar itself ix 10x more addicting than cocaine.

go back to and get educated

it's sugar not fat. get learned or go home

youtube.com/watch?v=dBnniua6-oM

don't give up on the talk, it goes heavy into chemistry but stick with it

>Its all about fat
Uhh no. Not when it comes to diabetes.

Attached: trompas_steven.jpg (1024x576, 455K)

I know user, sugar is really bad.
Thanks for dropping info.

Dont underestimate america.

Pic related from the comments of the video.

Attached: Screenshot_2018-09-26_20-33-19.png (940x174, 32K)

>Don't do keto
Doesn't keto supposedly cure diabetes?

Supposedly yeah.
I would give it a shot like 2 years honestly if I had diabetes.

Med fag here
It's all comes down to regulating intake of sugar and processed carbs (which turn to sugar and stored as fat if not burnt via metabolism).
Ergo Blood-sugar tests determining your glucose levels and insulin regulation.
(simple version)

Attached: hXMy-dk7y0XXyKNuisiaKXkaFG-JHYkLZAoB2WDKnRI.jpg (640x480, 97K)

sounds exaggerated for effect desu
nutritionist said you can have occasional sweet but should be in the form of a fruit, limit carbs to 1/6 what a normal person eats, she suggested cauliflower "pizza crust" and zucchini "spaghetti", no soda, no juice

>People with diabetes are told to eat a lot of carbs
the expnsive drugs help diabetics process carbs, of course you can also eat close to zero carbs and get by with close to zero need for the drugs

hi carb diet is traditionally what slaves eat
go figure

>Doesn't keto supposedly cure diabetes?
no, the only cure is stay away from vaccines or eat no carb diet

>eat no carb diet
That's what keto is, you idiot.

People can still eat carbs and be in keto.

my neighbor who has never had an issue with diabeetus one day a few months ago passed out.
they called an amberlance to go to the emergency room. they had to cut off part of his foot and he stayed in hospital for months. he's mid 60's, not over weight, plays golf.
it just snunk up on him

if you eat bread you will die a "pain-full" death.
get it?

And what about type 1? Does no one care about type 1

just eat a good diet and dont get fat
so fucking hard, put down the pop juan

Watch the video fucking retarded leaf.

Post more lolis

Attached: 70a205d3.jpg (502x888, 68K)

Attached: 40178824_244523092916630_4795247205936996720_n.jpg (1080x1350, 125K)

I heard that you have to buy insulin in the US. What a joke. It really should be free.

There's a roastie at work, real whore. She disgusts me and is very rude and passive aggresssive, typical bitch tactics.
A midget fat whore as well. got the diabeetus and now doesn't come in anymore.
Thanks diabetes

OP is a creep & SAGE

I'm going to prison...

with my insurance it's free, but then again, I'm paying for insurance, so...

Stop

who the fuck thinks eating a lot of carbs for diabetes is a good idea?

Get lost.

People in the >US giving dietary advice.

Attached: WhatsApp Image 2018-09-20 at 8.56.17 AM.jpg (960x960, 208K)

Are you that mexican from /sp/ that kept posting cp in the world cup threads?

Actual cp?
No. I probably posted some loli or two.
Watch the video man, cool shit.

Yea, you get diabetes by eating sugar yet the doctors tell patients to eat sugar during the day. It's like telling somebody to smoke cigarettes to cure lung cancer. Just cut out sugar and carbs completely for a while, including grains.

Spic....of course.....

More spic shit......of course......

Im type 1, and have been for 25 years now. Since type 2 is by far the more common ive been exposed to a lot about it as well.

The video comes off as silly keto-cult propoganda honestly.

Yes, carbs are what 'cause' type 2 primarily in the US, but once a type 2 is to the point of insulin they are really too far gone. They can lower their insulin consumption but thats it.

Diet can help with type 2, when my mother got type 2, since we knew a lot about diabetes at that point and i had spent years of my life chatting with the various nurses and diabetic educators (most of which were themselves type 2, a lot of people in diabetes care are themselves diabetic) we knew what to do, and for about 10 years we successfully 'reversed' her diabetes, in the medical sense, by lowering her a1c numbers enough that she was no longer considered diabetic and did not have to take any medications at all for this decade. though it did eventually come back and she is now taking some pills for it, as long as she behaves she should be fine the rest of her life taking only that (and metformin is actually good for you, in trials people with diabetes who were taking metformin outlived the non diabetic conroll group, you should really look into it for life-extension purposes).

Carbs are the primary thing that raises blood sugar in the western diet, When you blood sugar goes up you need insulin, your pancreas produces insulin. Now people are eating way more carbs than humans are used to eating, and this causes the pancreas to get stressed, having to produce far more insulin than it should, causing its insulin producing cells to die off. This makes the remaining cells have to work even harder and this causes them to start dying off too. Its a cycle that just keeps repeating untill type 2s are fucked and need insulin, which is more of a hassle for type 2s than type 1s since type 1s just dont produce any insulin at all, type 2s have to try and balance their remaining insulin producing with manual

You're a fucking creep. Those girls are children. I hope you get your fucking dick cut off pedo.

This is what my borderline diabetic mother does. She takes the maximum dosage of metformin and continues to eat hot chocolate and cinnnamon toast 3 times a day.

No you cannot, ketosis is a state your body enters where it breaks down fats instead of carbs. You won't go into ketosis until you eat absolutely no carbs for like 4-5 days straight. You basically eat just fats and oils and get skinny as fuck.

Theoretically, but in reality a keto diet is a low carb diet

And you people wonder why we don't want your scum in America.

The food pyramid is a just a Jew pyramid, it's upside down.

Avoid sugar and junk food. Take a fucking walk every day. Lift some weights 2 or 3 times a week. Problem solved for 99% of people.

injections and risk getting low blood sugars from it.

Now the important thing here is that its blood sugar increases that cause this, carbs are turned into sugar, eating a slice of white bread is like eating that much in pure sugar, its terrible for you. So its not to say you could just stop eating carbs but eat nothing but high sugar fruits all day and be fine. Also glycemic index is important, if the food you eat raises your blood sugar more slowly over a longer period of time it doesnt stress your insulin producing cells as much, so pizza for example, which is high in carbs but also high in fat, is better for you than just eating that pizza crust, because eating fat and protiene slows down carbohydrate metabolism, allowing for a more gentle curve thats easier for your body to manage.

There is also genetic factors, some people are going to be more resistant to insulin than others, and some people are going to have more robust cells than others.

But basically low carb (keto is poison) can prevent someone from developing diabetes, but unless you are young and fat and just now diagnosed with some minor diabetes you arent going to be cured, you can slow progression drastically, but thats not the same thing.

lol keep posting its pissing off the newfags

Type 1 here.
I eat whatever the fuck I want and use about 50 units of insulin(2 x 15nph/10r) a day.
I weight 135lbs, at 5 feet 10 inches.
I've had diabetes since I was 9. I'm 33 now. I have zero complications or health issues outside of the diabetes.
I can never be overweight because I must take insulin daily.
Type-2 beetus is mostly for fatasses, and because they don't take as much(if any) insulin, they never lose the weight.

PS: Insulin is a PED. Look it up. Banned in many athletic disciplines unless you have a medical reason, because it enhances metabolism and energy use.

Attached: 1297104457083.gif (288x161, 1.74M)

I have never met a fat type 1 diabetic

>eating fat and protiene slows down carbohydrate metabolism, allowing for a more gentle curve thats easier for your body to manage.
Isn't it also the case that it can raise your bg even after the bolus gets 'used up'? Like you can be at 140 2 hours after eating pizza, and then 180 3 hours after that

Yes, friend... Post more of it.... To... To bother t-the new...newfags...
O-of course it isn't for my own enjoyment, f-friend...

Attached: 1537497382261.gif (300x169, 2.65M)

>Reams Biological Theory on Ionization
lol. This is flat earth tier buffoonery.

I'd like to die her betes if you know what I mean.

Based and pedopilled!

Attached: c1lhlpmxuaafwut.jpg (720x1080, 123K)

Neither have I.
I always wondered, growing up, why I couldn't put on any weight, and why I was always overenergized. It was like having ADHD, without the attention issues.

Now I know. I eat between 2800-3200kcal a day, over 3500 on days where I do yard work or other more physical stuff.

How do i adopt a little girl like this? I want to protect her from being molest. My little cousins said they wanted me to be their dad but apparently that's abduction or something.

Attached: 1536224832260.jpg (1080x1080, 84K)

>I want to protect her from being molest.
Yeah sure, you do ;)

Attached: 1530550977037.jpg (716x724, 52K)

I do. pretty girls getting molest is an epidemic. something like 1in5 girls are hurt this way. If she lives with me I will know she is safe.

Attached: 1536066735535.jpg (993x997, 55K)

Came here to call you a fucking idiot holy shit

muh dik

I do and I'm sick as shit of all the fatty's getting attention when theirs is curable, unlike Type I.

Thanks for your input.
I find it hard to believe that you can 'cure' diabetes. It seems like a total exaggeration.
What surprises me is how our (western and to a great degree mexican) diet is based on carbs. So many people have the condition, its like a fucking epidemic (at least here) and there's little information available for the masses. Like 80% of my family over 50 has diabetes and I've never heard of shit like this before.

You are a commie. Do you know if daddy Stalin or someone implemented diets (aside from the 0 calorie diet kek) for the population in the USSR? Like an authoritarian version of the food pyramid to prevent diseases and promote well-being?

Newfag. Lolis are the pick of the white man.

lol yes to piss them off... yeah. Have another, my friend.

Attached: 1536016148241_m.jpg (1080x1350, 450K)

If you have diabetes start a fasting focused lifestyle. And then eat carnivore style diet. Diabetes cured.

Attached: 1528783089855.jpg (1024x700, 545K)

Diabetic here, You control your carb intake, I had to lower carbs, not increase them.
Your body turns carbohydrates into sugars. then insulin latches on to those sugars and processes them so your body will burn it for fuel. A diabetic's pancreas doesn't produce insulin properly, which is what latches on to those sugars and enables your body to metabolize it and use it as fuel. You take drugs to control how your pancreas produces insulin and affects how that insulin processes sugars, and possibly supplement insulin by taking shots, and you also monitor your carb and sugar intake. Eating healthy crap like salads and vegetables and fruit (simple sugars) will offset that some as well. My diet has barely changed, Just downsized my portions a little, maybe a salad at lunchtime occasionally; my insulin dose was recently reduced, AIC has dropped, I've lost a good amount of weight and feel better than ever. Higher carbs are for peeps with low blood sugar issues, I have, when untreated, high blood sugar issues. It varies from person to person, and it's genetic in my case, runs on my dad's side of the family. If you got diabetes, you'd figure this stuff out real quick. Youtube quackery will get you killed. When I was diagnosed after a motorbike accident, my blood sugar was 400, for me, it's supposed to be between 80-120. this is with a normal diet (I don't drink soda or eat a lot of sweets either).
Funny that almost getting mangled in a crash saved my life.

>bitch and health authorities are a bunch of dirty jews lying to people.
Truth is there is not enough healthy food for the masses and they have to push grain. If the majority start filling up on high fiber and high protein foods instead of grains, we are fucked.

Never cure it. Your pancreas and or cell gateways have been permanently damaged. You can lower your blood glucose to non diabetic levels again. With no sugar low carb. But the moment u eat poorly your blood sugar will spike. Non diabetics dont spike like that

BULLSHIT.

KYS jew. Its about insulin spiking > fast carbs

Insulin resistance is a common reason for type 2. Basically your cells have doors that let in insulin to help with glucose. Many type 2 people cell doors just don't let the insulin in. Body still produces it just no longer works for them as effectively

that's pretty hot

Not for type 1. You can't magically regrow islet cells.
I'd also like to point out that my immune system seems extraordinarily strong. There have been several occurrences where I've been among many flu-infected and cold-infected people and never become ill beyond slight malaise. Perhaps this strong immune system also had a contribution to the autoimmune response that cause the diabetes.

Research continues.

You aren't white, Paco. Do the world a favor and hang yourself.

Same here, even on Humira to treat Crohn's, which weakens your immune system, I have yet to get sick. I have type 2 though, as did my grandfather, father, my cousin and uncle as well. My older brother hasn't gotten it yet though.
Always suspected my immune system being in overdrive may contribute to the Crohn's, but never thought it had anything to do with the diabetes.

I believe I saw you earlier today actually. Why re-ask?

Id go to jail for her

>People with diabetes are told to eat a lot of carbs
They also distinguish between which carbs to eat. Whole foods, not processed foods and refined sugar. Likewise, not all fats are equally healthy.

yeah and they want to milk your money out of processrd carbs. Back then in prehistoric ages, we only ate meat and leaves and we didn't get fat . also plus lots of hi intendity cardio

right, but regardless of carbs you still spike insulin, and even those "slow carbs" only serve to sustain consistent increase in insulin

Diabetes better being characterized by basal insulin or "fasting" insulin levels", simply keeping your insulin consistently elevated is going to be a detriment to insulin resistance, and therefore increase basal levels.

Further, even proteins will spike insulin

gotta give that shit a break, and regularly. Carbs are a big problem. Likely the biggest in the west - since obesity rates didn't dramatically spike until the WHO food pyramid. All the same, if you're already fat even cutting carbs isn't likely to go very far. Gotta fast so basal insulin levels actually have any hope of diminishing.

shut up you subhuman fucks this pisses off newfags specially the middle age women.

Attached: 1513691602397.jpg (225x225, 5K)

This guy is probably mistaking DMI for DMII. I can't imagine that someone would be getting dietary education for the first time, when they're already so far gone that they're having to take insulin for DMII.
And yeah, low carb or keto with an insulin schedule can straight up kill ya if you don't understand how to titrate your insulin properly. Not to mention that smashing your kidneys with all that protein will certainly cause some serious problems if you have any degree kidney insufficiency, which she has a 99% chance to have if she's on an insulin schedule with DMII.

For DMII there is strong evidence to suggest that eating a balanced diet and more importantly, LOSING WEIGHT & EXERCISING (fucking hell cunts) can produce insulin re-sensitization. Good luck getting anyone with DMII to do that though.

Attached: man-obese-611848.jpg (620x413, 56K)

>right, but regardless of carbs you still spike insulin,
>simply keeping your insulin consistently elevated is going to be a detriment to insulin resistance
Unprocessed carbs like whole grains tend to increase insulin sensitivity
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/14594783

Diabetics have high insulin levels BECAUSE they're insulin resistant. You've got cause and effect backwards. Insulin resistance means insulin works less effectively and more is required for the same amount of work. Healthier sources of carbohydrate digest slower and improve insulin action, allowing you to get better at utilizing insulin, which naturally brings insulin levels down. Carbs as an entire group aren't a program, processed carbs are.
>since obesity rates didn't dramatically spike until the WHO food pyramid.
I think you mean the USDA food pyramid, and that was implemented BECAUSE of a rising epidemic of obesity and heart disease. Unfortunately, the vast majority of people don't follow anything like the food pyramid. For one, the top of the pyramid, which is the foods you're supposed to limit and eat the least of, is the "sugar and oil" food group. If you re-arranged the food pyramid to reflect what people do eat rather than how people should eat, that would instead make up the base of the diet of the average American.

*aren't a problem

surprised this thread hasn't been nuked.
Thank you for the 10/10 cuties, mexibro

Also, very interesting link!

Attached: a7336e20.jpg (1080x1349, 257K)

Looks like we have patrician over here... good taste, Pablo

Attached: 220px-Jared_Fogle_(2007).jpg (220x222, 18K)

I feel like this sugar is 10x more addictive than cocaine is bullshit how could you possibly calculate something like this?

Fuckin' Snake Diet Dry fast you pussy. Starve those shitters

Have some of mine.

Attached: 8a27143c.jpg (680x997, 115K)

Attached: 1529381041150.jpg (1080x1080, 1.34M)

Yes, you get it eventually, but the idea is the slower metabolism means that your natural cells are able to work less, over a longer period of time, than having to rush to work very hard all at once, overtaxing them.

People should really focus on eating no more than ~45 carbs at once, then they would be ok. The thing is a single hamburger is often more than 45 carbs, then they have fries.

Its really surprising just how many carbs are in western foods, im aware of it because i have to look at the carbs im eating every time i eat it. But if you compare fast food or premade food with what you would think it would be using the base ingredient types and just kind of eyeing it, it doesnt add up, everything has a shitload of sugar added to it. It is sugar in the end, carbs==sugar as i said, though natural sugars from fruits are bound up more and take longer to metabolize and this is why fruit is not as bad for you. Even fat is eventually sugar, it just takes a long time.

Its all about just taking it easy on those insulin producing cells.

You could say at times the USSR was low on carb and high on protean :^)
But in seriousness the USSR tended to have a slightly higher carb diet than the US, though lower in sugar. There is no real concrete nutritional evidence ive seen apart from somewhat generalized studies who look at overal food type consumption, but ive not looked into this at all, ive just come across it in my general soviet interest. I do know that even in the 50s the USSR had insulin available to diabetics (as part of their general healthcare). Quite appealing to me consider the cost of insulin has increase by 1000% in the past 20 years for no real explainable reason :^)

She's cute. Name?

>People with diabetes are told to eat a lot of carbs.
LOL no. Where? When?

Attached: 1529381412686.jpg (1080x1350, 628K)

It wouldnt fucking surprise me, gotta get that insulin sold.

Though I can say in the US ive never been told to eat more carbs by anyone, and ive seen a lot of doctors.

Here is something i think ive noticed, as well. It took me like 15 years of being diabetic to realize this, but i think part of what makes you feel bad with high blood sugar is not the high blood sugar itself, its the insulin. So for type 2s this will manifest in a fairly straight forward 'high blood sugar = feel bad' as their bodies try to pump out more and more insulin, but for type 1 (or more advanced type 2s) this could manifest as sometimes being high feeling bad, and other times it not feeling so bad. Just 'being used to the feeling" was what i went with for a long time, but then i started noticing if i ignore what my actual blood sugars were (apart from when they were excessively high) and just looked at how much insulin id been doing recently (as its likely if im high its due to having eaten a large meal and underestimated the insulin i needed, but still did considerably more insulin than usual) id feel like crap.

This leads me to believe some of the damage caused by diabetes and to type 2 diabetics is due to all the excess insulin their body, due to their insulin resistance, has in it, and not necessarily the blood sugar increase itself.

> Like 80% of my family over 50 has diabetes

Mexicans have terrible genetics. I really mean that. You people have the genetics that you get when you take the worst and lowest individuals from two separate cultures and inbreed them for generations upon generations. You are short, you are fat, Mexican kids have metabolic syndrome before they're even teenagers. Almost all of you have diabetes eventually. It is so fucking disgusting to look at you people. You store all your fat in your middle sections, your faces are fat as fuck, your women are ugly as fuck. God hates Mexicans.

or conversely sometimes feeling high but checking and it not being high, maybe you took the right amount of insulin so the blood sugar is fine, but it was a lot of insulin so still feel like crap.

Theres like 3 or 4 different ways blood sugar can make you feel like shit, im now convinced insulin itself is directly responsible for at least one.

It's all about the sugar. My mate has diabetes and last weekend his sugars got way to high from drinking alcohol with mixers and his heart stopped beating for five minutes before they brought him back.
Scary shit

I wouldn’t call the exercise we got in ancient times “high intensity”. It was about as high intensity as it is for any other animal to hunt lol. Nothing special, we did what we were built for. Also no one ate leaves in ancient times. Mostly animal products, and then berries/fruit in season

insulin never makes me feel bad. I feel it when my blood sugar gets too high and I start to smell like rubbing alcohol in the air

When you put it that way
its almost as bad as being australian

Not diabetic but
>Generally don't like sweet things
>Love Ginger Ale
>Not Ginger beer, Ginger ale
>Love the really sharp ginger ales that burn your mouth and throat when you drink them
>Can't find any, anywhere, because all the commercially sold ginger ale has enormous amounts of sugar in it and tastes more like maple syrup
Shit sucks, there's enormous amounts of sugar in EVERYTHING. A single bottle of Schweppes Ginger Ale has 65 grams of Sugar. I can't taste the ginger at all over the top of it. It shits me so badly that everything sold in this country is so goddamn sweet.

I more than half think there's a concerted effort to keep everyone fat in the west by this big food companies, it's the only reason I can see for them to pack so much sugar in shit that has no reason to be packed with sugar.